Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snorlax can get Milk Drink to go with Belly Drum.
Way too many of the legendaries get Recover. (And all the other mons with Pressure)
Blissey gets Recover.
Basically everything gets Recover.

Snorlax can get Milk Drink to go with Belly Drum.
Way too many of the legendaries get Recover. (And all the other mons with Pressure)
Blissey gets Recover.
Basically everything gets Recover.
Except for the Ultra Beasts, it seems.
Side note: Does the 10 post requirement to submit an OM count comments/replies?

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Skill Switch
Metagame Premise: Pokemon can use the moveset of any Pokemon they share an ability with.

Movepool inheritance ideas have been submitted here before, but I think this is an interesting take on it. I looked through this thread and I don't believe this has been proposed before, but I might be wrong.

This opens up exciting possibilities for a lot of Pokemon, especially ones with common abilities.

Potential bans and threats:

:zeraora: gets Bolt Beak. Enough said. Luckily, Fisheous Rend inheritors are typically slow and/or lack STAB or high Attack. :drednaw: might still be terrifying with Strong Jaw and a Scarf.

:gyarados: and :landorus-therian: get Brave Bird from :staraptor: if you can inherit from natdex Pokemon, and Dual Wingbeat from :Salamence: otherwise.

If you can inherit from natdex, restrict taking from :smeargle:, for obvious reasons.

Pressure users can take exclusive moves from the multitude of Pressure legendaries. :zapdos: gets Aeroblast, :corviknight: can spread burns with Sacred Fire, and a few others get valuable coverage.

:blaziken: gets Court Change and Pyro Ball. :rillaboom: gets trapping shenanigans with Spirit Shackle.

Water Shuriken! :vaporeon: and :gastrodon: seem like the best users. If you can inherit from natdex, Water starters like :primarina: and :blastoise: also get it. Shell Smash Water Shuriken Blastoise is scary.

:tapu koko: :tapu lele: :tapu bulu: all get their terrain interaction moves, along with Play Rough for Koko and Bulu. These might be restricts.

Ultra Beasts are fun:
:xurkitree: gets Agility, which might help patch up its disappointing Speed. It also gets a multitude of much-needed coverage moves. idk if this will be viable.
:kartana: gets Iron Head, Power Whip, and U-Turn. Ouch.
:celesteela: gets Volt Switch and Synthesis.
:nihilego: and :blacephalon: also get Volt Switch.

:rotom-wash: :rotom-heat: The Rotoms expand on their already huge support movepool, getting tools like Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, and Recover.

:hitmonchan: can actually utilize Double Iron Bash's insane flinch chance. This is probably a restrict.

:bisharp: and :zapdos-galar: get No Retreat. Seems interesting.

:porygon-z: gets Techno Blast, the next best thing to Boomburst. It could also hold a drive for a customized coverage move. Still probably unviable, but it seems interesting.

:umbreon: gets Mew's whole movepool, which is fun.

:slowbro:, :toxapex:, and other Regenerator users get Spore and Leech Seed to wreak even more havoc.

:scizor: gets Shift Gear, Meteor Mash, and Megahorn. My bias aside, this seems really fun. It also gets Spectral Thief, but lacks the speed to fully utilize it.

Questions for the community:

Should you be allowed to inherit from natdex?

I've assumed you can mix and match inherited moves, but would it be more interesting if you can only inherit from one Pokemon at a time?

On a related note, should you also have to use the same ability as the Pokemon you're inheriting from? i.e. Blaziken would have to use Blaze to get Pyro Ball.

This is my first submission, so any feedback would be welcome.

Edit: I would also like feedback on the name.
While this metagame isn't really problematic as such, it's very similar to several of the metas we have now that are centered around moves. We have a lot of metas, very popular metas, that spread moves around more. These include STABmons, Sketchmons, and others, not to mention defunct metas such as Super-Effectivemons.
A metagame that just increases move availability is very unlikely to be approved at this point because we've reached a saturation point. This isn't a hard rejection, but I need you to ask yourself: what else does this bring to the table? Because if it's just access to different moves then it's going to overlap too much with our existing metas.

Second Wind
Metagame premise: Pokemon nicknamed after others(i.e. Weavile nicknamed Slowbro) will be replaced by the Pokemon they're named after once fainting. The learnset must be from the Pokemon being nicknamed, and transfers over after fainting, not accounting for the other Pokemon's learnset.

Rules
Clauses: OU clauses
Bans: OU bans, Melmetal, Kartana
Unbans: None

Potential bans and threats
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G would absolutely love being nicknamed after a strong physical breaker or sweeper like Weavile or Garchomp. Thunderous Kick wears them down and gives them free entrance, while Brave Bird makes it somewhat easy to KO itself.
:blacephalon: :heatran: :landorus-therian: Pokemon that can KO themselves become much more deadly, as they can do huge damage and continue their offensive assault.
:toxapex: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian: Pokemon with Regenerator get a bump up in this meta, as they can try to beat the offensive threats such as Zapdos-G and Blacephalon through just outlasting them.
:arctozolt: Arctozolt now has the ability to pass its incredible movepool to a second wind mon such as Weavile. This may be in the wave of initial bans.
:xurkitree: Xurkitree when paired with a strong special electric attacker such as Thundurus is absolutely terrifying, as they can pass great movepools onto the otherwise lackluster movepool of Xurkitree.

Questions for the community
How would Species Clause work in this meta?
What are some other breakers or walls that would get better?
How would abilities work?

This is my first submission, so I'd appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Second Chance
Metagame premise: Pokemon nicknamed after others(i.e. Weavile nicknamed Slowbro) will be replaced by the Pokemon they're named after once fainting. The learnset must be from the Pokemon being nicknamed, and transfers over after fainting, not accounting for the other Pokemon's learnset.

Rules
Bans: OU bans

:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G would absolutely love being nicknamed after a strong physical breaker or sweeper like Weavile or Garchomp. Thunderous Kick wears them down and gives them free entrance, while Brave Bird makes it somewhat easy to KO itself.
:blacephalon: :heatran: :landorus-therian: Pokemon that can KO themselves become much more deadly, as they can do huge damage and continue their offensive assault.
:toxapex: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian: Pokemon with Regenerator get a bump up in this meta, as they can try to beat the offensive threats such as Zapdos-G and Blacephalon through just outlasting them.

Interestingly, I assume Healing Wish wouldn’t switch you out, because the original effect is only to KO you. So you could, for example, set a healing wish then revive as a sweeper, letting you attack while keeping the Healing Wish banked for a later mon.

Some other ideas:
:weavile: Revenge killers are cool here. If the original mon is slow, your revenge killer might even get an immediate counterattack, like this:
Opposing Heatran is faster than your weakened Toxapex.
Heatran selects Earth Power, Toxapex selects Knock Off. Heatran outspeeds and KOs.
Toxapex revives as Weavile and uses Knock Off, dealing damage.
Weavile is now faster and can attack again for a KO.

:landorus-therian: Like you noted, Explosion seems rather good, but you didn’t mention its defensive potential. Your Lando can outspeed and use Explosion, then revive as something with vastly different weaknesses and resistances. Memento is even better for this.

:porygon-z: and anything else that would benefit greatly from a specific move. Expanding Force Lele, Double Iron Bash Bisharp. Basically anything great in Sketchmons. You do lose some potency before reviving, however: to run Boomburst PZ, you need to use Toxtricity or some weird half-physical half-special Rillaboom.

:indeedee-f: :ninetales: These are neat. Indeedee-F can set Psychic Terrain then Healing Wish, turning into whatever strong Psychic type you want to abuse Expanding Force with. Ninetales can set Drought, then Memento to turn into a Chlorophyll mon.

Your options are rather limited, however, because the original mon’s movepool has to accommodate for STABs and such for the second mon. Not only does this heavily bias the meta toward Pokemon with huge movepools, it makes 4MSS really really prevalent: a pair of dual-type attackers has to run 4 attacks to get every STAB, and your two mons basically have to fulfill the exact same role.

Actually, I would think that abilities wouldn’t change, just like moves wouldn’t
not really sure how this would work. my current idea is that ability slots transfer over. if you have a hidden ability weavile with slowbro being the second chance, that slowbro has regenerator. can explain a bit more in depth if you're confused, or i could just change it around.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
not really sure how this would work. my current idea is that ability slots transfer over. if you have a hidden ability weavile with slowbro being the second chance, that slowbro has regenerator. can explain a bit more in depth if you're confused, or i could just change it around.
That’s kinda weird and restrictive, especially for mons with only 1/2 abilities, but I don’t really see it working another way. You could have a system where it’s a 3v3 battle and you build 6 mons in the builder and 2 is the backup for 1, 4 is the backup for 3, etc, or the same but with 12->6 mons, but I think (edit: something like) that was proposed and rejected before.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Metagame premise: The move in your first slot applies the secondary effects of its Max and G-Max versions.
:ss/Charizard:
Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Weather Ball
- Overheat
- Focus Blast
Here is a pretty standard Charizard. It has Flamethrower in the first moveslot. This Flamethrower still has 90 BP, 100 Accuracy, and a 10% chance to burn, but additionally will set Sun if hit successfully like Max Flare would.
:ss/Charizard-Gmax:
Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Weather Ball
- Overheat
- Focus Blast
Here is also Charizard, but now with G-Max. So instead of Flamethrower setting Sun, all non-Fire types take 1/6th damage for 4 turns.

This Metagame would be what MnM was for Gen 6 and what Ultimate Z was for Gen 7, but with Gen 8.
Potential bans and threats:
:Muk: :hitmonchan: :pidgeot:
The effects of Max-Ooze, Max-Knuckle, and Max-Airstream are all extremely overpowered when they were limited to 3 turns, so these moves would definitely need to be restricted.

:Gengar-gmax:
Gengar has access to G-Max Terror. G-Max Terror will trap any opponent that isn't Normal or immune to Trapping like Ghosts (which are weak to Ghost moves).

:Bisharp:
Probably one of the best Pokemon in the entire Metagame with its ability Defiant, Sucker Punch, Steel Spike, and Dark/Steel typing. It can punish Flutterby U-turns, Strike Facade/Body Slams/Rapid Spin give it a defiant boost, Wyrmwind Break Swipe/Scale Shot/Clanging Scale are resisted and boost Defiant, Phantasm Shadow Sneaks/Poltergeist and Darkness Dark Pulses similarly are resisted too. A new hazard and easier aurora veil also means Bisharp can switch into more Defogs in this meta.

:Raichu-Alola:
Raichu-A becomes one of the strongest Electric types in the tier thanks to Max Lightning Rising Voltage and Volt Switch. It can set up the Terrain it abuses by using Rising Voltage or have one of many Volt Switch users set terrain while it switches in to be immediately threatening. If Tapu Lele or Rillaboom switch into Raichu’s Rising Voltage, they lose their terrains, and Raichu is naturally faster than Lele too. Raichu-A also gains access to Grass Knot and STAB Psychic to deal with Ground types that otherwise block Rising Voltage.

:snorlax-gmax:
Snorlax having ways to restore its own berry while attacking, which like Alcremie, would be it incredibly hard to kill

:pikachu-gmax:
Pikachu may seem weak, but every electric move paralyzes the target, and that might not be competitive.

:hawlucha: :regieleki:
With regular Volt Switch, you can set terrain with any Pokemon that learns that move, so Hawlucha and Regieleki have easy access to Electric Terrain for Unburden and Rising Voltage Spam (and they can set it themselves too).

:Barraskewda: :Excadrill:
Like with Hawlucha, Swift Swimmers and Sand Rushers can set their own weathers, with Swift Swim also having Flip Turn support too. Barraskewda and Excadrill being the biggest threats.

:toxtricity-gmax:
Like Pikachu, but can poison the opponent instead, which is less more competitive tbh but is also on a much better Pokemon.

:centiskorch-gmax: :sandaconda-gmax:
Like with G-Max Terror, these guys can trap the foe with their STAB moves on moves much stronger than Fire Spin and Sand Tomb

:Butterfree-Gmax:
G-Max Befuddle is also potentially uncompetitive strategy I forgot to mention as it has 3 different status effects that also happen to be attatched to a Pivot Move in U-turn. Butterfree is the weakest between Pikachu and Toxtricity, but a 33% chance to Sleep while using U-turn could be strong (or not since Tapu Koko exists and it can only pull this off against something like Blissey or Choice Locked Pokemon).

:charizard-gmax: :Blastoise-gmax: :venusaur-gmax:
Blastoise got Shell Smash in Gen 8, and while still walled by Toxapex, Ferrothorn doesn’t like taking 1/6th health every turn for not being part Water.
Venusaur is absolutely a monster in sun, especially with G-Max Vine Lash heavily damaging Non-grass types, while also packing Weather Ball and Sludge Bomb for Grass types.
Charizard can deal with Tyranitar better by either removing the Sand it sets while it switches in, or making sure Tyranitar takes heavy chip damage on its way in, but still has limited options for Heatran.

:Kingler-Gmax: :obstagoon:
While Kingler is often overlooked even with its G-Max form, Foam Burst is actually pretty threatening on it. A Life Orb Sheer Force Liquidation hits really hard, and when you can lower the switch-in’s speed by 2 stages, something like Zerarora no longer outspeeds Kingler, which is actually insane.
Same thing with Obstagoon’s Facade. Any non-Ghosts and the likes of Regieleki become immediately slower switching in, and the Ghosts don’t like Guts boosted Knock Offs either.

Questions for the community:
Should G-Max Pokemon be tier separately from their regular counterparts?
How should problematic Max moves be dealt with?
Would another form of restriction be better than the effects applying to the first move slot?
Should status moves gain the effects of Max moves, or just be restricted?
This was never submitted, and I like the idea. With proper tiering it could be the first actually fun dynamax-based metagame I've seen proposed. I would love to see it submitted if you're still interested.

I do have some technical qs that would need to be answered, such as what happens with 2 turn moves, but we can sort those

Your qs:
Q:Should G-Max Pokemon be tier separately from their regular counterparts?
A: IMO it works either way. They're separate formes so you can certainly ban the gmax forme on its own, or you could ban the whole mon. Personally I think it's best if you take it on a case by case basis, and decide based on whether it's the one move that overwhelms or a combination of factors.

Q: How should problematic Max moves be dealt with?
A: There isn't a good answer for this besides a complex restriction on what's in the first moveslot. This is my biggest problem because "No Flying moves in the first moveslot" is a HUGE ban that is insanely complex, and yet in order for the meta to be at all fun or balanced it's absolutely necessary. But I don't think there's another answer.

Q: Would another form of restriction be better than the effects applying to the first move slot?
A: I can't think of anything. I repeat what I said above, this is the best suggestion for a max based meta I've seen.

Q: Should status moves gain the effects of Max moves, or just be restricted?
A: I'm not sure honestly, but if they gain the max effects they would likely gain Max Guard which is absurdly broken when it doesn't take up your turn even if it does have the chance of failure on consecutive uses.

Second Chance

Rules
Bans: OU bans + Melmetal

How would abilities work?

This is an interesting idea. I'm assuming you took some inspiration from Crazyhouse, but this takes it in a different direction that IMO should play out considerably differently than that meta. It seems fun to build and a bunch of field effect or momentum strategies seem really fun to play around with.
Second Chance is a little boring as a name IMO. Second Wind comes to mind, but this is super subjective.

The games are likely to end up being very long (imagine stall where you KO their Chansey after 200 turns and now they have a full health Blissey :D), which brings me to an important question: how will PP be handled? And items / status for that matter? Should the Pokemon only recover health (which it has to do or there's no point), should it be treated as if the new Pokemon was hit by a Healing Wish, or a Lunar Dance, or should it be treated as if it's fresh from team preview? My suggestion would be don't restore PP or items, but do restore status, semi-status, and HP. This seems to me to be the most balanced manner to handle this. PP being restored would make stall insanely good and stall v stall so long that roomtours would legitimately be impossible to run. HP not being restored makes the mon not actually restored oops. When a Pokemon faints I believe it usually is considered to have lost its status / semi-status, so it makes little sense to restore them on the new mon coming in. And items... well the closest parallel I can come up with is a Revive here, and I do not believe that revives restore item status.

That was an unnecessarily long paragraph sorry whew.

Q:
A: You'd probably only be able to have one total of each Pokemon. As in the nickname counts as a species. We would bow to whatever works with coding of course but this is likely the answer that is truest to the nature of species clause.

Q:
A: Drampa

Q: How would abilities work?
A: This is the hard one, because there isn't a good answer. There are two answers I can see being possible. The first is that the first Pokemon's ability is passed along to the second Pokemon. This is a terrible idea specifically because it turns into Inheritance but you have to knock out the donor first. The second is it passes along the ability slot, which is somewhat of a pain to build for, especially if you do something like say Latios -> Slowbro (just two mons off the top of my head) where you only have one ability slot and the second mon really wants not to use the first. But despite the drawbacks it's still the best option imo due to being less complex than some of the other options suggested here and not turning this meta into budget Inheritance.

This was never submitted, and I like the idea. With proper tiering it could be the first actually fun dynamax-based metagame I've seen proposed. I would love to see it submitted if you're still interested.

I do have some technical qs that would need to be answered, such as what happens with 2 turn moves, but we can sort those

Your qs:
Q:Should G-Max Pokemon be tier separately from their regular counterparts?
A: IMO it works either way. They're separate formes so you can certainly ban the gmax forme on its own, or you could ban the whole mon. Personally I think it's best if you take it on a case by case basis, and decide based on whether it's the one move that overwhelms or a combination of factors.

Q: How should problematic Max moves be dealt with?
A: There isn't a good answer for this besides a complex restriction on what's in the first moveslot. This is my biggest problem because "No Flying moves in the first moveslot" is a HUGE ban that is insanely complex, and yet in order for the meta to be at all fun or balanced it's absolutely necessary. But I don't think there's another answer.

Q: Would another form of restriction be better than the effects applying to the first move slot?
A: I can't think of anything. I repeat what I said above, this is the best suggestion for a max based meta I've seen.

Q: Should status moves gain the effects of Max moves, or just be restricted?
A: I'm not sure honestly, but if they gain the max effects they would likely gain Max Guard which is absurdly broken when it doesn't take up your turn even if it does have the chance of failure on consecutive uses.
Thanks for the feedback.
The reason why I never submitted it for OM is due to working on my project thesis, and I’m a-ok with people pick up my metagame ideas if you’d like to use it.

A: This is the hard one, because there isn't a good answer. There are two answers I can see being possible. The first is that the first Pokemon's ability is passed along to the second Pokemon. This is a terrible idea specifically because it turns into Inheritance but you have to knock out the donor first. The second is it passes along the ability slot, which is somewhat of a pain to build for, especially if you do something like say Latios -> Slowbro (just two mons off the top of my head) where you only have one ability slot and the second mon really wants not to use the first.
In the latter case I assume you'd also want to ban passing along e.g. the Hidden slot to Octillery (giving it Moody) or the second slot to Dugtrio (giving it Arena Trap)?

Could maybe get around the ability slot problem by appending a number to the end of the nickname? Like naming the Latios Slowbro3 for Regenerator. Though if the nicknames are supposed to show up in the battle (like the opponent can see them) it's maybe not ideal, unless somehow the last character can get lopped off.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
That works but it doesn’t deal with the huge moveset restrictions. Your two mons need to fulfill the exact same role, preferably with a STAB overlap, or they end up like Darmanitan-Zen. The few viable pairings will be like Galarian Darmanitan-Zen: same role, type overlap. Also, stall would be everywhere here, because stall mons don’t need STAB and can all pretty much use the same set of tools well.

You could solve this by using Box mode to build 12 mons with their own movesets and EVs (also conveniently dealing with the Ability problem), then evens become backups for odds like I said before. Mid-battle moveset changes do seem like a fun addition to this meta, but this is moot because iirc OMs aren’t allowed to require Box mode.You could do the same thing but with only 6->3 mons, but that seems a bit weird.

This is an interesting idea. I'm assuming you took some inspiration from Crazyhouse, but this takes it in a different direction that IMO should play out considerably differently than that meta. It seems fun to build and a bunch of field effect or momentum strategies seem really fun to play around with.
Second Chance is a little boring as a name IMO. Second Wind comes to mind, but this is super subjective.

The games are likely to end up being very long (imagine stall where you KO their Chansey after 200 turns and now they have a full health Blissey :D), which brings me to an important question: how will PP be handled? And items / status for that matter? Should the Pokemon only recover health (which it has to do or there's no point), should it be treated as if the new Pokemon was hit by a Healing Wish, or a Lunar Dance, or should it be treated as if it's fresh from team preview? My suggestion would be don't restore PP or items, but do restore status, semi-status, and HP. This seems to me to be the most balanced manner to handle this. PP being restored would make stall insanely good and stall v stall so long that roomtours would legitimately be impossible to run. HP not being restored makes the mon not actually restored oops. When a Pokemon faints I believe it usually is considered to have lost its status / semi-status, so it makes little sense to restore them on the new mon coming in. And items... well the closest parallel I can come up with is a Revive here, and I do not believe that revives restore item status.

That was an unnecessarily long paragraph sorry whew.

Q:
A: You'd probably only be able to have one total of each Pokemon. As in the nickname counts as a species. We would bow to whatever works with coding of course but this is likely the answer that is truest to the nature of species clause.

Q: What are some other breakers or walls that would get better?
A: Drampa

A: This is the hard one, because there isn't a good answer. There are two answers I can see being possible. The first is that the first Pokemon's ability is passed along to the second Pokemon. This is a terrible idea specifically because it turns into Inheritance but you have to knock out the donor first. The second is it passes along the ability slot, which is somewhat of a pain to build for, especially if you do something like say Latios -> Slowbro (just two mons off the top of my head) where you only have one ability slot and the second mon really wants not to use the first. But despite the drawbacks it's still the best option imo due to being less complex than some of the other options suggested here and not turning this meta into budget Inheritance.
thanks for the feedback! figured i'd try to come up with answers to the questions you've proposed.

PP would ideally be handled by making the PP transfer over. that's the system that would imo work best for the meta and make it less stall oriented.

items will be transferred over if they are not consumed. if your meteor beam nihilego faints, whatever comes in wont have the power herb anymore. status is tricky, on one hand allowing it would neuter stall, but on the other hand it would make status like paralysis and sleep even more ridiculous. the best option to me would be to have it carry over, and let sleep or paralysis be dealt with as the meta develops.

the second chance mon should be treated like it's fresh in team preview, as that would be the easiest to program(probably) and the most healthy imo.

on the second idea for abilities you mentioned, i feel like this would be a direct nerf to both stall and offense. for one, regenerator is most commonly used as a hidden ability(slowbro, toxapex, amoonguss, slowking-g) on the stall and balance teams it's found on, with the occasional torn-ts thrown in there. conversely, strong offense abilities like multiscale and magic guard are also hidden ability only. this can neuter threats like landorus-therian+slowbro or lele+alakazam.

so this post isnt just ironing out mechanics, i may as well come up with other potential threats and bans here:

:xurkitree: When paired with Thundurus, Xurkitree is an absolutely terrifying sweeper with the combination of Nasty Plot, Agility, Focus Blast, and Thunderbolt. This may be the first ban, if Zapdos-G proves to be healthy for the tier.
:kartana: Why didn't I mention this in the original post? I don't know. Kartana is most likely a ban alongside Melmetal, as it's simply too strong with all the moves it gets access to.
:tornadus-therian: Being one of the few Pokemon to keep Regenerator without having to invest in a hidden ability, Tornadus-T becomes an excellent part of balance teams, pairing well as a Second Chance mon for a Mew or Landorus-T, while also being good by itself thanks to Nasty Plot and Fighting/Flying coverage.
:azumarill:
Azumarill (Linoone) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Stomping Tantrum
With this simple set, Azumarill becomes a menace to society on HO.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Azumarill (Linoone) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Play Rough
- Stomping Tantrum
With this simple set, Azumarill becomes a menace to society on HO.
You don’t even need Azumarill. Huge Power still only means effective 100 Attack, which many other options like Barraskewda can beat. The reason Azumarill is strong isn’t because of Huge Power, it’s because of Belly Drum + Aqua Jet. When anything can inherit from this Linoone set, you don’t even need Azumarill anymore and can have something like Garchomp sweep with the same moves.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
You don’t even need Azumarill. Huge Power still only means effective 100 Attack, which many other options like Barraskewda can beat. The reason Azumarill is strong isn’t because of Huge Power, it’s because of Belly Drum + Aqua Jet. When anything can inherit from this Linoone set, you don’t even need Azumarill anymore and can have something like Garchomp sweep with the same moves.
Huge Power doesn't mean that Azumarill has 100 Attack. In fact, it hits harder than Barraskewda, which you stated could out damage it
252+ Atk Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 102-121 (25.5 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 118-139 (29.5 - 34.7%) -- 10.4% chance to 3HKO

You don’t even need Azumarill. Huge Power still only means effective 100 Attack
Huge Power doesn't double the base stat. It doubles the actual stat.

252 Adamant Azumarill has an actual attack stat of 218. Double that is 436. For something to have an actual attack stat of 436 with 252 EVs, an Adamant nature, and no Huge Power boost, they would need a base attack stat of 149.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Huge Power doesn't double the base stat. It doubles the actual stat.

252 Adamant Azumarill has an actual attack stat of 218. Double that is 436. For something to have an actual attack stat of 436 with 252 EVs, an Adamant nature, and no Huge Power boost, they would need a base attack stat of 149.
Huge Power doesn't mean that Azumarill has 100 Attack. In fact, it hits harder than Barraskewda, which you stated could out damage it
252+ Atk Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 102-121 (25.5 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 118-139 (29.5 - 34.7%) -- 10.4% chance to 3HKO
:0 I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)