I don't think unbanning pdon is a good idea. Here's why:

- Primal Weather blocks Hail and Sand
- Can't be burned
- Has only one weakness
- Has good coverage while avoiding contact from Rough Skin and the likes
- Only countered by Leech Seed, Toxic and Golduck

Tuthur

Haha CEO
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

- Can't be burned
- Has only one weakness
It's the same deal as Magic Guard Pokémon, but with weakness to Toxic, Leech Seed and Cloud Nine.
Edit: It's imo as strong as Clefable, Foretress, Sableye or Skarmory.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
I love all the work you put into this! Especially the roles. I’d add a just a few things, like Fini for status immunity, and Vaniluxe as a hail weather setter (uniquely, has a fast taunt and magic bounce).

Regarding bans, the biggest difference as to how we think is how much restrictions we should have. I’m much more conservative with bans, and would happily play with most what is given, and I see you would rather limit the amount of OP, overarching status moves.

So I agree SR is bannworthy. However, spikes or t-spikes i believe are just as dangerous as sandstorm or hail. Hell, there’s even more mons immune to spikes and t spikes combined then there are hail mons. And they have similar and more of the same counters. If anything, t spikes should be allowed; on top of all the spikes problems, poison types can switch in and get rid of them, status immunity mons dont mind them, and at the very least you coud run lum berry

OU banlist was there because of hazard setters like Deoxys and fast, high coverage attackers like Deoxys. But I agree, Uber is fine and isn’t crazy. Unban.

Focus sash, lum berry, and safety goggles create an awesome trifecta for choosing what item to run on most mons. As far for luring, i thought about the opposite; get rid of HP, so fun protect moves like Spiky Sheild can be ran, and scouting is more successful. I know magic guard users take a big buff with it, but it brings validity to a ton more mons. Kind of like, don’t kill a group of all ten men if only one of them is guilty. Besides, most magic guard users have to worry about pursuit trapping, and clef could honestly be subject to a ban anyways.

I agree with p much everything else to a t tho! Real happy that I can discus this!

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Also, regarding Tuthur1’s intreptation, a few sets worth considering:

Jynx (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Hail
- Lovely Kiss
- Toxic

In hail, Jynx can skill swap its ability Oblvious (bonus points for being immune to Taunt) on Magic Guard users, and have them go down to hail. Jynx also works great because of its natural hail resistance, allowing it to run a lum berry, or focus sash if legal, and put something to sleep before setting up the skill swap.

Shuckle @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sandstorm
- Sand Tomb / Sticky Web
- Gastro Acid
- Encore

Shuck does the same thing for Sandstorm, and arguably has a better ability with Sturdy. However, many more mons, viable ones at that, resist sandstorm’s chip damage, and thus is a tad but reserved. Still, excellent at getting rid of magic guard mons.

Last edited:

- Can't be burned
- Has only one weakness
I want also to add that he can nullify his ground weakness with air balloon. He forms an excellent core with ferro, who can counter many leech seed and toxic users. (Edit: Primal Groudon can't hold Air Balloon)

The only broken hazzards are rocks and spikes Imo. Toxic spikes is borderline broken, allowing them will add an important role in poison types and hazzard removal, but it can be a huge drawback in the viability of non magic guard and not inmune to poison pokemon, since they will need poison type support. Webs are an issue since many teams may forgo hazzard removal at all, especially if toxic spikes is also banned. But webs aren't that broken, can be set up by few pokemon and they promove hazzard removers like rotom-W or tornadus. I suggest not banning webs at least.

Last edited:
If Groudon is holding an Air Balloon, that means it's not holding a Red Orb, which means water is still technically a weakness instead of evaporating completely. In fact, that means Groudon doesn't have Fire as a type, so it's weak to Ice and Grass as well, and it isn't weak to Ground at all (so the balloon ends up serving no purpose except protecting it from Spikes/Toxic Spikes).

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
If Groudon is holding an Air Balloon, that means it's not holding a Red Orb, which means water is still technically a weakness instead of evaporating completely. In fact, that means Groudon doesn't have Fire as a type, so it's weak to Ice and Grass as well, and it isn't weak to Ground at all (so the balloon ends up serving no purpose except protecting it from Spikes/Toxic Spikes).
Exactly. Primal will always be still weak to ground, and will always be one ground attack away from it dropping because no Sash.

Still, stopping weather in its tracks is awesome. And it does form great cores with a mons like Ferro

However, a single mon 1v1s this core with fire/ground coverage, and this thing is weak to all other forms of indirect damage. It can be good, but nothing crazy.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Oh yeah, this also reminds me...

So, passive damage or nothing?
Mold breaker and passive damage. This also applies to any electric type with an air ballon (minus the mold breaker). Nothing absurd, sturdy mons are a lot a like it. Its nice tho as it can hold an item where air ballon electric types are stuck with one.

Eviolite Cup
Premise: 2nd stage pokemon will get a x1.5 in their base stats while, having full access to their to their final evolution's movepool.

Concept: Imagine NFE pokemon having access to eviolite without worrying about knock off? Now imagine them having x1.5 boost in all their stats! This will be taking place in ubers as the stats on many of these mons would be a bit too high for OU mons. Though, they do get access to their final stage's evolution, making the metagame much more fun. Pokemon like Dragonair and Vigoroth become fun threats in the uber metagame.

Bans: Same as Ubers Banlist, Eviolite, Porygon 2, Rhydon, Haunter, Kadabra, and Frogadier.
Reasons: Porygon 2 - Z move, too good of a jack of all trades mon. Rhydon's HP, attack and defense are too high, allowing it to be very difficult to bring down once it gets up 1 or 2 rock polishes. Haunter is too powerful and fast; same for Kadabra (it even has a great ability in magic guard, allowing to be a fantastic revenge killer and tough to check). Frogadier is a tad too strong with protean, especially in combination with it's high speed.

Questions for Community: Do you think these new improvements are better than last one? What kind of sets do you think could pop out?

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Attack on Titan
Premise: NFE pokemon will have eviolite boosts and light ball boosts implemented in their stats so they don't have to worry about knock off; they'll also be given an HP boost and access to their STAB's movepool to properly fit in a tier (in this case ubers due to the high stats).

Concept: Imagine NFE pokemon having access to light ball and eviolite? Now imagine them not having to worry about those items getting knocked off! In this metagame 2nd stage evolution pokemon will be given x2 to attack, and special attack; x1.5 to defense, and special defense; will inherit their final evolution's HP stat, and have full access to their STAB's movepool.

Examples:
Combusken – Base Stat = 405 (Before)
60/85/60/85/60/55

Combusken – Base Stat = 655 (After)
80/170/90/170/90/55

Wartortle – Base Stat = 405 (Before)
59/63/80/65/80/58

Wartortle – Base Stat = 633 (After)
79/126/120/130/120/58

Bans: Same as Ubers Banlist, Eviolite, Light Ball, Porygon 2, Electabuzz, Magneton, Magmar, Rhydon, Haunter, Roselia, Boldore, Machoke, Gurdurr, Duosion, Doublade, and Frogadier.
Reasons: https://pokepast.es/0c730171236c9850

Questions for Community: Do you think these NFE pokemon fit in Ubers? Do you think they could have fit in OU? What are some cool sets you could see popping out of this OM that would be good? Do you agree with the pokemon that I think will possibly be too broken for this OM?
P.S. - If you think the name is lame, let me know. :D
Thanks to Ransei for helping me fix this idea. Thanks to the OM room for helping me realize some of the bigger threats in this OM. Thanks to Flaming Deoxys and GreenHeroes for looking it over.
Is it a light ball/eviolite boost or is it a 2x and 1.5x boost to the base stat? Your examples suggest the latter, but all your text leans towards the first idea.

The two definitely aren’t the same - Chansey isn’t working off 7 base defense when using Eviolite.

This also definitely seems like an Ubers based meta, the NFEs outpower the OU mons handily.

Last edited:
Is it a light ball/eviolite boost or is it a 2x and 1.5x boost to the base stat? Your examples suggest the latter, but all your text leans towards the first idea.

The two definitely aren’t the same - Chansey isn’t working off 15 base defense when using Eviolite.

This also definitely seems like an Ubers based meta, the NFEs outpower the OU mons handily.
Giving a lightball and eviolite boost outright would be a bit broken. So just giving a light ball boost and eviolite boost in base stats made more sense. It's pretty much a x2 in power and x1.5 in bulk. But yeah, I'll fix the wording. I also had a feeling these mons would outclass OU mons. I thought perhaps the low speed would alleviate the issue. Thanks for the input!

Attack on Titan
Premise: NFE pokemon will have similar boosts in eviolite and light ball boosts implemented into their base stats so they don't have to worry about knock off; they'll also be given an HP boost and access to their STAB's movepool to properly fit in a tier (in this case ubers due to the high stats).

Concept: Imagine NFE pokemon having access to light ball and eviolite? Now imagine them not having to worry about those items getting knocked off! In this metagame 2nd stage evolution pokemon will be given x2 to attack, and special attack; x1.5 to defense, and special defense; will inherit their final evolution's HP stat, and have full access to their STAB's movepool.

Examples:
60/85/60/85/60/55

80/170/90/170/90/55

59/63/80/65/80/58

79/126/120/130/120/58

Bans: Same as Ubers Banlist, Eviolite, Light Ball, Porygon 2, Electabuzz, Magneton, Magmar, Rhydon, Haunter, Roselia, Boldore, Machoke, Gurdurr, Duosion, Doublade, and Frogadier.

Questions for Community: Do you think these NFE pokemon fit in Ubers? Do you think they could have fit in OU? What are some cool sets you could see popping out of this OM that would be good? Do you agree with the pokemon that I think will possibly be too broken for this OM?
Thanks to Ransei for helping me fix this idea. Thanks to the OM room for helping me realize some of the bigger threats in this OM. Thanks to Flaming Deoxys and GreenHeroes for looking it over.
This is a bit similar to 350 Cup. Two main differences are that many good NFE pokemon have a Bst of 400 or more and there is no boost in speed.

That said, those pokemon were really dominant in the meta, with only a few ubers viable, so i think this NFE will at least fit the tier, the only issue is their speed. If they Cant keep up with Uber tier speed (lets say 100 base speed), then they will have to rely in their eviolite defenses to survive, and, in many cases, its not enough. Chansey now has decent special attack and access to leftovers/shed shell. She can check some xerneas sets but its walled by many 100 or more base hp ubers substitute. Sciter has good speed and huge attack. Most of those NFE will be broken in an OU enviroment (at least, compared to regular OU mons). I think ubers is better.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Attack on Titan
Premise: NFE pokemon will have similar boosts in eviolite and light ball boosts implemented into their base stats so they don't have to worry about knock off; they'll also be given an HP boost and access to their STAB's movepool to properly fit in a tier (in this case ubers due to the high stats).

Examples:
60/85/60/85/60/55

80/170/90/170/90/55

59/63/80/65/80/58

79/126/120/130/120/58

What if you could also have access to the final evolution’s abilities if needed? That way, it could be a decent buff for some mons to make it worthwhile in an Ubers meta.

Also, type null wasnt on the listof ban worthy...

Type: Null - Base Stats = 534 (before)
95/95/95/95/95/59

Type:Null - Base Stats = 818 (after)
95/190/142/190/142/59

Do I really need to explain? Also, like STABmons, can it then learn move that Sivally can learn, as it can be a form for each type?
Not that it needs it. SD with whatever attacks can work with that ridiculous power and bulk

What if you could also have access to the final evolution’s abilities if needed? That way, it could be a decent buff for some mons to make it worthwhile in an Ubers meta.

Also, type null wasnt on the listof ban worthy...

Type: Null - Base Stats = 534 (before)
95/95/95/95/95/59

Type:Null - Base Stats = 818 (after)
95/190/142/190/142/59

Do I really need to explain? Also, like STABmons, can it then learn move that Sivally can learn, as it can be a form for each type?
Not that it needs it. SD with whatever attacks can work with that ridiculous power and bulk
No, it does not work like STABmons. Only the STABs it has, are the moves it will be inheriting from.
As Type: Null doesn't have a pre-evo, it does not receive any boosts. Only 2nd stage mons with another evolution get the boosts. I'll be sure to word this better in the op.
Also, I am not sure if the mons require their final stage's evolution's abilities. It could be a neat thing to add on if it fits.

Last edited:
Maybe you could do it so that if it's the 1st pokemon from the 3-poke evolution line it recieves a x2 in every stat, and if it's the second from the 3-pokemon line or the first from a 2-pokemon line it recieves x1,5 in every stat. That might be more balanced but I'm not too sure

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
No, it does not work like STABmons. Only the STABs it has, are the moves it will be inheriting from.
As Type: Null doesn't have a pre-evo, it does not receive any boosts. Only 2nd stage mons with another evolution get the boosts. I'll be sure to word this better in the op.
Also, I am not sure if the mons require their final stage's evolution's abilities. It could be a neat thing to add on if it fits.
Oh, I know that inbewteen LC and fully evolved mons are the NFE mons, but why limit these boosts only to them an not all mons that are not evolved? Is it just a prefence?

Another angle that I was thinking of, was to forgo the stat changes, and instead buff them by allowing them to follow AAA and STABmons rules. That way, the mons can fit niches in an OU environment, rather than completely dominating it. Theres also a good balance of creativity and mashes well with the established OU meta, all again because statistically these NFE mons will still have trouble holding their own. Because of this, some abilities or moves banned by these two OMs, like Water Bubble, can be unbanned.

I know that obviously this derives from your intention, but I’m staying on pace of giving buffs to the NFE mons. Just another way of looking at it!

Eviolite Cup
Premise: 2nd stage pokemon will get a x1.5 in their base stats while, having full access to their to their final evolution's movepool.

Concept: Imagine NFE pokemon having access to eviolite without worrying about knock off? Now imagine them having x1.5 boost in all their stats! This will be taking place in ubers as the stats on many of these mons would be a bit too high for OU mons. Though, they do get access to their final stage's evolution, making the metagame much more fun. Pokemon like Dragonair and Vigoroth become fun threats in the uber metagame.

Bans: Same as Ubers Banlist, Eviolite, Porygon 2, Rhydon, Haunter, Kadabra, and Frogadier.
Reasons: Porygon 2 - Z move, too good of a jack of all trades mon. Rhydon's HP, attack and defense are too high, allowing it to be very difficult to bring down once it gets up 1 or 2 rock polishes. Haunter is too powerful and fast; same for Kadabra (it even has a great ability in magic guard, allowing to be a fantastic revenge killer and tough to check). Frogadier is a tad too strong with protean, especially in combination with it's high speed.

Questions for Community: Do you think these new improvements are better than last one? What kind of sets do you think could pop out?
I also have an idea that could be great for an OU om. Similar premise but, with LC and they get x2 boosts. A lot of them could fit in the OU metagame with those boosts. Providing a lot to all sorts of playstyles. It'd be called "Lightball Cup". Which idea do you think is better?
Fixed the idea. Let me know what you guys think of the changes. Also, thanks everyone for the input. I think this idea is just about ready for submission.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Fixed the idea. Let me know what you guys think of the changes. Also, thanks everyone for the input. I think this idea is just about ready for submission.
This is a much better idea already, but I still feel like it is a knock-off 350 cup. The increased stat raises are similar but not crazy, which does make sence for the Uber meta, but again the premise is very similar. This applies to your LC idea as well, sadly, as it pretty much is just 350 cup.
I still think this idea of buffing the NFE mons in a fun and unique way can work; it just has to be relevantly unique is all. And for that matter, i would suggest staying away from bufffing stats.
I

this also includes Hp? If not, i think many NFE woudn't be viable for ubers

Here are some sets

Doublade @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Doublade, with its 225 base defense, checks physical attacks way better than Aegislash, and it doesnt need king shield to recover its good defense, so it can run choice band instead, transforming it into a nice revenge killer.

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick

Combusken is just regular blaziken but better

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Tackle

This is a meme, but it may work. Fakespeed coming from 526 attack gives pikachu a damage output similar than banded Arceus
Extreme Speed. Its Volt Tackle is also very strong, be sure to remove Groudon with Dugtrio, since many ubers teams dont run another electric check . Hp ice hits Zygarde decently. Nasty plot + 3 attacks (or 2 attacks and encore) might work while the opponent set up hazzards.

Servine @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Leech Seed/ Giga Drain/ Hidden Power [Fire]

This outspeed Arceus and marshadow. Its good bulk let him handle Zygarde decently well. Leafstorm breaks substitutes and leech seed takes any opportunity when sub is not up to drain a lot of hp.

Also Kadabra doesn't seem too op for me. Its a Deoxys attack without attack but a bit faster and more bulkier (105 in Special defense though).

I think that there are not many viable pokemon in ubers. Maybe Ou can work (with some bans.)

Last edited:
This is a much better idea already, but I still feel like it is a knock-off 350 cup. The increased stat raises are similar but not crazy, which does make sence for the Uber meta, but again the premise is very similar. This applies to your LC idea as well, sadly, as it pretty much is just 350 cup.
I still think this idea of buffing the NFE mons in a fun and unique way can work; it just has to be relevantly unique is all. And for that matter, i would suggest staying away from bufffing stats.
I
The only similarity they share is stat boosting. So maybe I can get away with the fact that the stat distribution is more specific to a group of mons, the stat boosts are different, and includes a change in movepools. Otherwise 350 cup is a rip off of tier shift (or other way around if it came first). The Light Ball is definitely out tho, because the boosts are too similar to 350 cup. I'll definitely admit that.

this also includes Hp? If not, i think many NFE woudn't be viable for ubers

Also Kadabra doesn't seem too op for me. Its a Deoxys attack without attack but a bit faster and more bulkier (105 in Special defense though).
It indeed does apply to HP as well. Kadabra does have magic guard tho, allowing it to take advantage of life orb or focus sash way better than deo-a. It'd be annoying for stall and HO to deal with as a threat.
Almost forgot, thanks for the sets.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Sets!
Dusclops @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Haze
New base stats: 60/105/195/90/195/38

Dusclops was already able to wall a ton of NFE special attackers, and now it’s even more apparent. Its lackluster HP can combo nicely with pain split. Shadow Ball is a decent enough stab, but can be replaced with the more relaible Night Shade or a few coverage moves. Wisp and Haze for crippling and sweepers.

Fraxure @ Fightinium Z / Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Superpower
- Poison Jab
New base stats: 99/176/105/60/75/101

Easily the strongest physical NFE, this thing packs just enough bulk and speed to set up a Dragon Dance and put in some work. Use your Z move of choice, and easily sweep most of the meta. Mold Breaker Taunt is possible as well, and the ability also helps break Sturdy and Multiscale.

Gothorita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest
New base stats: 90/68/105/113/128/83

Basically an upgraded Goth. Can also be used for PP stall, specs with coverage, and all your other trapping needs.

Re: EXTREME Tier Shift

So, last gen we have a meta called Extreme Tier Shift, but the meta was basically Ubers + PU/NU while UU and OU mons weren’t viable. Now, the point of Tier Shift is to balance the meta so that ALL tiers viable in one meta (not all mons btw), so in this case, I think we need to rework the TS boost to make ALL tiers viable.

Rules
1. Ubers banlist
2. All tiers get the following boost to ALL stats:
Ubers get no boost
OU and UUBL gets +20
UU and RUBL gets +25
RU and NUBL gets +30
NU and PUBL gets +35
PU gets +40 (No, ZU is not official so not included)
3. Eviolite and Deepseatooth are banned

This way, the OU meta would tie with Ubers as the Tapus and OU UBs with 570 BST would have 690 BST, similar to standard Ubers with 680 BST. PU getting +40 is similar to current TS where stuff gets 700+ BST.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
50 mph: A Bus Full of Explosive Pokemon
(Name based on that one movie Speed lol)

Possible Premis: Pokemon will immediatly Explode if their health reaches 25% or lower.
Debating if:
-Does explosion also trigger on KO?
-When does the explosion trigger, with regards to secondary effects, abilities, and items when taking damage?

I want to create a meta game where, under certian conditions, pokemon will automatically just explode. It sounds a little zany at first, I know, but it can be a practical and centralizing way to both snag KOs or get off some powerful Explosion damage.
I understand a meta like this would be fast paced, and probably means stall would be unviable. I think it can still work, and all the while be sorta fun.

Buffs: high attack stats, steel/rock/ghost/normal types, scrappy users, ect.
Debuffs: pitiful attack stats, low physical defensive mons, ect.

Bans: Damp, maybe Mega Loppuny?

Questions for the community:
What can be the condition for exploding; low heath, damage done, status conditions, super effective attacks, critical hits, or anything else?
I’m open for anything!

Last edited:
50 mph: A Bus Full of Explosive Pokemon
(Name based on that one movie Speed lol)

Possible Premis: Pokemon will immediatly Explode if their health reaches 25% or lower.
This is just a test idea.

I want to create a meta game where, under certian conditions, pokemon will automatically just explode. It sounds a little zany at first, I know, but it can be a practical and centralizing way to both snag KOs or get off some powerful Explosion damage.
I understand a meta like this would be fast paced, and probably means stall would be unviable. I think it can still work, and all the while be sorta fun.

Buffs: high attack stats, steel/rock/ghost/normal types, scrappy users, ect.
Debuffs: pitiful attack stats, low physical defensive mons, ect.

Bans: Damp, maybe Mega Loppuny?

Questions for the community:
What can be the condition for exploding; low heath, damage done, status conditions, super effective attacks, critical hits, or anything else?
I’m open for anything!
I really like this idea. I makes 2HKOing mons a trickier matter, as too little damage and you won't 2HKO, but too much damage and you get exploded on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)