Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Personally, I don't care about warp. It could be helpful, but here are the points.

1. While it is a creative game, Notch implemented an RPG characteristic into minecraft with fighting mobs for exp and killing the final boss of minecraft: the ender dragon.

2. Going to what I said with point 1, if this is supposed to have a more RPG feel to it, then warping would be kinda pointless. I keep on hearing you guys talk about exp grinding with spawners, and you can do that in an RPG as well. Visit certain dungeons over and over again, even when the storyline has progressed. Warping would be bringing something that doesn't fit the RPG characteristics. In an RPG, you can't just warp out. You either run away and bring your strength back when your weak, or you die fighting and boom! Game over.

Now I know minecraft was meant to be a creative sandbox game. Not an RPG. But Notch has pretty much made it like so, so I don't think that warping should be used. You chose to build far away from spawn? Well guess what. Too bad, so sad. You chose to put yourself there when we couldn't warp.

Right now I'm more ticked about the insane amount of mobs that come at night. Seriously, my house is always getting griefed by creepers.

EDIT: Oh ya, and going back to what I said, if you are still arguing saying this is a creative game, remember this. You would teleport when fighting monsters or when you are lost in a cave and you are afraid you could die from monsters right? Well, that would be a more RPG esque side of the game, and warping would be taking advantage of the RPG side, not the creative side.

I voted yes to both, but thinking about it I'd be happy to just have /warp spawn.

Think about all the times people want to trade something, or ask you to come check something out that they've built, or come help them do something: you always meet at spawn. Without the warp, I just wouldn't bother leaving what I was doing to go and walk for ten minutes or whatever.

I agree with Samosael, I think that there should just be a warp spawn. We have beds to get to our houses but spawn is always an issue. It would also help prevent people building right next to spawn creating potenial eye-soars.

Also requesting planning permision for an expansion of my island.

I've thought more on it and edited my vote. The option to warp to /spawn, our hub town that we're dedicating a lot of time and effort into looking great and being functional, is a great option to have. Want to meet up to explore SPIDER HELL? Just use /spawn. Want to set up a trade with another player? Again, /spawn.

The /home command can be abused to some extent and a lot of people's arguments against warp are directed more at /home than /spawn. I agree to some extent with them, despite convenience edging it out for me.

So I changed my vote to yes to /spawn and no to /home. It's a good balance of convenience and keeping settlements from sprawling out to the middle of nowhere.

So I understand from Dan Dan that I should put a wee intro post on here as I'm applying for the whitelist for the Smogcraft Server...

My in-game name is kalibali and my real name is Rachel. I'm 28 (29 in 8 days *shudders*) and live in the Highlands of Scotland. I work in a Solicitors Office as a Legal Secretary and do volunteer work on Saturdays.

I've played Minecraft since around January and I just cannot seem to stop the addiction to breaking little blocky blocks (if I knew MC was this addictive I would have thought twice about buying it >_< ). I've played on a couple of multiplayer servers but am currently looking for a new server to play on. As a player I don't tend to build all that much, I prefer to help other, better, builders out by collecting materials for them.

I don't really know what else to put... lol... I guess if anyone has any questions about me, just let me know. :)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Please list, in order of build size, notable structures and projects you have worked on in Minecraft (pictures strongly recommended). In addition, please list at least 5 references from other servers with name and personal email address. Once you obtain this information, please send all of it to user: Swaggersaurus and post it here. Thank you for applying to our server!

Sincerely

~the administration

Okay... well I don't really have any "epic builds" to show you. Like I said in my introduction post I tend not to build things myself but instead help others gather items. Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots of the thousands of cobble I've mined, smoothstone I've smelted etc.

With regard to references, I don't think I've even played on five servers so I'm unable to give you your full list. Some background info on my MC history:

I was an Admin on [name removed] from March of this year until mid to late October (I quit due to the fact I ended up spending pretty much every waking moment doing Admin type stuff [during work I was moderating the forums and at home I was moderating the server]). So I could get one of the Admin from that server to confirm that.

Other than that it's really only been small private servers that I've played on. Also Dan Dan knows me from MC and will (hopefully :P) vouch for my integrity.

If you want me to provide email addresses for the Admin/Owners etc. you will have to wait until I get confirmation from them that I can give out their email addresses.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was kidding but its cool to see you're actually dedicated =)

welcome to smogcraft?

ps im not an admin plz dont hurt me xaq

Lol I had a feeling you were only joking but didn't want to chance it as you're marked as being a Moderator ;p

Does that mean I can remove that post? I don't want to end up getting banned for naming another server lol (because then I really will be annoyed with you!).

Actually it's okay, I've just removed the name of the server. :P

tennis what the hell you should have asked for her phone number too.

Yeah, you are cleared to play and everything kalibali! The main thing is filling out that form. The server IP is floating around somewhere lemme find it!

'Sup guys. Person that did most of the spawn building and is now currently tearing down the mountain in front of spawn.

Nearly finished with tearing it down now. I really want to know who put a hidden base in there and why they thought that was a smart idea. Either way I'm leaving it untouched for now so they can pack their stuff up. Might have to start thinking about roads soon. Of course the hills to the side of spawn also need clearing since it's blocking one of the entrances.

Also, little project I'm planning on soon, please tell me what you think in here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/group....=810&discussionid=&gmid=107967#gmessage107967

Please list, in order of build size, notable structures and projects you have worked on in Minecraft (pictures strongly recommended). In addition, please list at least 5 references from other servers with name and personal email address. Once you obtain this information, please send all of it to user: Swaggersaurus and post it here. Thank you for applying to our server!

Sincerely

~the administration
You know what's terrible? There are probably servers that have this exact kind of crap to get in.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Buff punching people at spawn said:
Buffalo_Wings: layell dont mess with me
+Layell: need more potion stands
Buffalo_Wings: just take my punches like the bitch that you are
Grumbler: :O
+Layell: only if YOU CAN TAKE MY KICKS!
Seth_Vilo: snap
CONSOLE: Buffalo_Wings has left.
CONSOLE: KICKED: Layell (172.130.252.11) kicked player 'Buffalo_Wings': Kicked!
CONSOLE: Connection reset
Porydan2: xD
CONSOLE: Buffalo_Wings has logged in.
owned

Anyways I'd say aside from the rail station (which will probably be made once the border expands) we are done spawn. Have a look around and see all the cool things. Make a bank account, grow some flowers, breed sheep.

We have a little more space left, so I'm open for suggestions with what to do. Although I'm leaning towards leaving it for future updates and what have you if Jeb decides to put in new features.

owned

Anyways I'd say aside from the rail station (which will probably be made once the border expands) we are done spawn. Have a look around and see all the cool things. Make a bank account, grow some flowers, breed sheep.

We have a little more space left, so I'm open for suggestions with what to do. Although I'm leaning towards leaving it for future updates and what have you if Jeb decides to put in new features.
We need incinerators and refrigerators

Spawn looks great. I think we should bring all the buildings forward to the pillars though, so everything looks more integrated. I don't want to mess with other peoples' stuff, though... Also I just had a creeper blow up on me in the entrance of the animal farm. It seems there is still a monster problem.

Spawn looks great. I think we should bring all the buildings forward to the pillars though, so everything looks more integrated. I don't want to mess with other peoples' stuff, though... Also I just had a creeper blow up on me in the entrance of the animal farm. It seems there is still a monster problem.
Im going to go on a mass lighting run, starting with the forest behind the side of spawn with the enchantment room. If I have any torches left I will make a chest in the noticeboard room with the torches

ok guys i want not going mad there really was creepers in my chest come potion room,
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO minecraft.net is down for maintenance im soo bored now, forced to play tf2

Why didn't they explode? Also, When will the /warp commands be usable?
A similar event happened not too long ago with a creeper near the spawn entrance. It just kept looking at me with those eyes. No matter how close I got to it, or how fast I ran, it would just sit there. It stayed there for the whole entire real time day, until someone killed it, I think. I'm guessing there might be a few bugs in the server. Like how all of these creepers keep on spawning near the christmas tree. But hey, I'm willing to take not being blown up any day. Especially inside my own house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)