Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i actually have a dog already i've just been keeping him a secret; he is learning to wear capes and tear down fences in the name of operation snowflake

My dog likes to pretend he's a WW1 flying ace that's hunting the red baron. He wears some adorable little goggles and flies his doghouse as a plane.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
my dog is very adamant and has quick feet, and hes always making toxic potions for some reason.

(also rigby that is a lovely texture pack what is it??)

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
seriously i took my armour off to flash Layell and forgot to put it back on i am still the champion of the server ok

Remove all Spawn protection. It's doing way more harm than good.

I went caving for the first time in what feels like forever and had some pretty terrible experiences. Everything was going well, but while building a bridge across a pool of lava a Creeper came from SOMEWHERE (seriously idk where it would have spawned, let alone wiggled its way to me) and blew me up. Miraculously I found my way back despite being pretty deep. Most of my stuff survived but a stack of torches and about 40 iron burned in the lava.

So I kept exploring, running into others; tunnels and such, eventually finding a huge natural cave system. I'm always super careful in these things, placing tons of torches and looking ahead. So I near the end of a waterfall and turn around to look around, then I see this!

My heart found its way to my throat when I saw it. After realizing I was safe I continued on around a bend that led above that Waterfall. There was water streaming down this passage as well so I began my careful ascension. Hardly one block up a Creeper kisses me from a hidden corner. The current must have wedged him into the corner pretty good because he didn't show any signs of being there until it was too late.

After dying and throwing a tantrum I found my way back AGAIN by another miracle. When I climbed the Waterfall I saw the Creeper was still locked in its watery prison. I continued onwards back to where I died...only to be met by another Creeper!! I ran like hell and it got caught on a single-block corner. I carefully moved in to hit it with my pickaxe and retreat; on the 4th hit it blew up and did 2 hearts of damage. My stuff was waiting for me just beyond it. So I was back where I died and I decided to try and climb up again. And you'll never guess...there was ANOTHER Creeper in the SAME spot, pulled into that corner by the current. It didn't blow up on me though because there was a Skeleton wedged there with it that knocked me back. Since I had recovered my stuff I managed to use my Bow to defeat them both.

There were no more Mobs as I slowly swam up the stream and lit the cavern. I found the source of the water, and I could see the SKY through it! The journey led me DIRECTLY below Spawn, and you can see the tunnel from the surface of the water.

So feel free to explore Creeper Cavern x_x

===
Onto business, can somebody offer some advice to fix "ran out of memory" error when using higher resolution texture packs? I've used Google, tried different tutorials and downloads and nothing is working. My system can definitely handle them, I just can't get Minecraft to use more memory. I have a feeling I've done most things I need to, I'm just missing something that makes it all work together.

EDIT: Sorry to anybody reading that, finally figured it out. My batch file was just wrong on so many levels. Rocking a 512x 256x texture pack now :D (No good 512x texture packs for 1.0.0 yet, previous versions are no good because they lack Nether Brick)

the thing is i removed spawn protection thru the bukkit server properties but for some reason it doesn't feel like working. Gonna check all other plugin configs to see if the problem lies there..

EDIT : so yeah .. both editing the bukkit.yml and server.properties did do nothing really.. and as far as i can tell none of the plugins have a setting for this.. :/ i'll look some more when i have more time

(also feel free to suggest solutions i may have overlooked)

So yeah, I was just having some fun on smogcraft the other day, when penguin and I decide to go spelunking. We both set out and found an underground chasym filled with water and magma (we're underground, so it's technically not lava, is it?) and began to search around. I found quite a bit of coal and some gold, plus redstone. I was unbelievably careful with all of the lava around me and then it happens.

There was an iron block. Now I'm pretty hungry for them seeing as to me, iron is precious. So I go up to mine it, and what's behind it? LAVA. Now the iron was in a small 2x2 hole....... including the ceiling which was crushing my head. I had no way to get out and lost pretty much everything. Luckily penguin is such a nice guy and gave me 64 lapis and 2 diamond! So yeah, note to self: Make sure you have a nice area to run away.

xenu

Banned deucer.
the thing is i removed spawn protection thru the bukkit server properties but for some reason it doesn't feel like working. Gonna check all other plugin configs to see if the problem lies there..

EDIT : so yeah .. both editing the bukkit.yml and server.properties did do nothing really.. and as far as i can tell none of the plugins have a setting for this.. :/ i'll look some more when i have more time

(also feel free to suggest solutions i may have overlooked)
try reducing the spawn radius in the bukkit properties to 0. worked for me when i ran a server, but that was an older build.

House construction is going well enough, until I hit a slight snag involving my want for an obsidian floor. Hence my frantic lava and redstone brainstorming while I sort the mess out.

So yeah, I was just having some fun on smogcraft the other day, when penguin and I decide to go spelunking. We both set out and found an underground chasym filled with water and magma (we're underground, so it's technically not lava, is it?) and began to search around. I found quite a bit of coal and some gold, plus redstone. I was unbelievably careful with all of the lava around me and then it happens.

There was an iron block. Now I'm pretty hungry for them seeing as to me, iron is precious. So I go up to mine it, and what's behind it? LAVA. Now the iron was in a small 2x2 hole....... including the ceiling which was crushing my head. I had no way to get out and lost pretty much everything. Luckily penguin is such a nice guy and gave me 64 lapis and 2 diamond! So yeah, note to self: Make sure you have a nice area to run away.
Should've had some water handy or a dirt block on your bar just in case to plug those things up lol

Reason server is down : McMyAdmin won't start the server with bukkit enabled.. it's stuck in an endless loop of trying to start the server.

Fix to this problem: Run server without Bukkit

Trying to find different fixes but in the meanwhile it will be down as an anti-grief measurement...

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
So because of the server's downtime, I decided to try my hand on Reddit's Hardcore Survival PvP server. I'll give you a long summary of what happened.

Day 1 (Daytime): Log on, nice guy gives me some watermelon, I run everywhere looking for wood

Day 1 (Nighttime) Find wood, no more food, pretty much no hunger, retire to quickly built dirt shack next to wood in hopes that some zombies spawn next to me and drop flesh when they die the next morning.

Day 2 (Dawn): No monsters spawn around me, I go around looking for seeds, starve to death in process.

Yeah. I'm unbanned on New Years, hopefully I don't be stupid this time.

Wait, you got banned from smogcraft Holychipmunk? Why?

Also, I experienced an unnecessary thing when boro and grumbler began to place gravel around me, in hopes of testing something. Why did you guys do that? You could have killed me.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Wait, you got banned from smogcraft Holychipmunk? Why?

Also, I experienced an unnecessary thing when boro and grumbler began to place gravel around me, in hopes of testing something. Why did you guys do that? You could have killed me.
I got banned because I died on a hardcore mode server, not smogcraft.

Since the server's been down I've been messing around in creative, mostly experimenting with Redstone mechanics. Anyhow I'm hoping to make an archery range at some point on the server, though I'm still trying to work it all out since the idea might not even work well (arrows are so small relative to the size of blocks). I'm looking for opinions on what target looks the best though.

Personally I'm torn between the 3rd and 4th designs, what do you guys think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)