Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Dying from a lack of smogcraft as well...think I'm on my last heart. Been down for so long :(

Can't even think of anything to make in creative anymore.

Eh, Minecraft is getting gradually more boring (for me at least), now that there is nothing to look forward too, I probably knew that deep inside that this would happen soon after the full release, I probably wont play as often as I used to. But Smogcraft's death is unforunate, but I guess we can move on, and that will probably make me go on Minecraft even less.

Not to mention the promise of more dragons to slay...

But yeah, even though this game is basically "released" now, there's still so much more than can be added or done. I still think of it pretty much as an ongoing beta, sans the beta tag really.

So will we never be able to go back onto smogcraft again? Or will we be able to make another server?
for now there is sal's server :) EDIT: uuh guys i looked at the smogcrft ip and there is a new server on it with a fresh snow map! :o whats going on???

you won't be able to get on so don't sweat it... I'm working on getting the server back fully functional. Wich should be done in a few hours.

The reason the server went offline a few weeks back is as i stated due to bukkit not working properly for some strange reason..

Stuff happened during my absence since i'm in the middle of my exam period. Apparently the server got completely wiped meaning

1) Map got deleted
2) ALL the backups got deleted
3) the mysql got deleted
4) whitelist got deleted
5) plugins got deleted

What I (and forks) have done so far is

1) get the server to boot with bukkit again
2) redo the whitelisting
3) putting the plugins back in place

So now i'm going to get the permissions back in order.. wish me luck

Give him your energy!

\o/

EDIT: Ok so this post isn't totally useless.

[10:29:33] <Aura_Guardian> same seed as last time, or another really fresh start?
[10:29:51] <BenVdd> not decided yet
[10:29:55] <Veedrock> Mmm personally hoping a new seed, buuut do we have any other "good" seed?
[10:30:04] <BenVdd> go search!
[10:30:04] <Veedrock> I'll have to check the social topic
[10:30:15] <BenVdd> you be the searccomitee
[10:30:21] <BenVdd> search*..
[10:30:31] <Veedrock> idk if its the same seed I'll end up digging the same spots to get my mass amounts of diamonds back
[10:30:32] <Veedrock> Ok!
[10:30:43] <Layell> yeah new seeds probs
You heard them peers, look for need seeds! There might be a few suggestions still in the Social Group discussion but it doesn't hurt to look, especially if anybody's aching for us to start in/near a specific biome. I believe the only absolute requirement is a spawn near the ocean an ocean near resources(?) that we can place spawn at so we can have a dock/boat access. Everything else can be terraformed, so search for seeds that fit your desires!

Post recommended seeds in the Social Group discussion, take some screenshots to back it up!

The server is almost ready, all we need is a new map now..

Also, there will be no border since people did not like it one bit... Donaters will have to ask admins to give them their color aswell (permissions being a complete pain in the ass)

Do we really need a huge foretress for spawn? i mean, it was awesome, but maybe we could try making spawn look different than last time. Just trying to be flexible, that's all.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Going to post this here and in the social group, but at this point I'd advocate for waiting till 1.1. The reason is that the terrain generation is going to change yet again, bringing back beaches and hills and other stuff that we've lacked since 1.7. Since we won't have a border, we'll have to go out farther than normal to find these new biomes, which kind of sucks, especially because we want our spawn to be near the ocean. Basically I like beaches >=(

Going to post this here and in the social group, but at this point I'd advocate for waiting till 1.1. The reason is that the terrain generation is going to change yet again, bringing back beaches and hills and other stuff that we've lacked since 1.7. Since we won't have a border, we'll have to go out farther than normal to find these new biomes, which kind of sucks, especially because we want our spawn to be near the ocean. Basically I like beaches >=(
I agree. 1.1 will also bring an option for generating flat terrain when the world is first created, which would make building spawn much easier. I'm not sure if the entire world would be flat (which would suck), but I think it's worth waiting to find out.

ok , but do you feel like we should put up a temp map for people to mess around with or just keep it offline?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ok , but do you feel like we should put up a temp map for people to mess around with or just keep it offline?
temp map definitely, I think we'd all like a place to hang out and chill and make cool things!

edit: flat world means the entire world is flat lol

Temp map would be nice to at least play around on.

Personally I don't care about beaches, but I do like apple trees. So eh, wait till 1.1 or permanent now, don't really care, just need to feed my addiction lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)