Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Even though that is the by far most efficient way of getting iron, I don't have the conscience to exploit the friendly Iron Golems like that. Cobblestone generation will have to do for me.

For getting renewable iron, I'll instead try to work out some gravity trap that makes zombies fall just far enough not to kill them, and fix a good sniper spot to take out the final heart from a safe distance. Hmm, gonna need a lot of Obsidian for safety purposes. If a Creeper happens to fall down when resources are gathered, I don't want to have to rebuild it all.

Even though that is the by far most efficient way of getting iron, I don't have the conscience to exploit the friendly Iron Golems like that. Cobblestone generation will have to do for me.

For getting renewable iron, I'll instead try to work out some gravity trap that makes zombies fall just far enough not to kill them, and fix a good sniper spot to take out the final heart from a safe distance. Hmm, gonna need a lot of Obsidian for safety purposes. If a Creeper happens to fall down when resources are gathered, I don't want to have to rebuild it all.
A zombie spawner suffocation trap should do, just suffocate for 64 ticks or so, and it should be a OHKO with fist. I'm not sure about falling damage, for me it's rather unreliable.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Sry to interrupt, but I "improved" the blaze grinder. Fuck snowballs.

Anyone can use these. I'll make more later.

Press the button 8 times (and only 8 times), throw potion, they all die.
Just wanted to say that this is a great idea, and if you have potions to spare you should use this instead of snowballs. It's saving me so much time.

A zombie spawner suffocation trap should do, just suffocate for 64 ticks or so, and it should be a OHKO with fist. I'm not sure about falling damage, for me it's rather unreliable.
Redstone timing is extremely unreliable in SMP. That's why I had to modify the Blaze grinder to be manual grinding rather than using suffocation.

HolyChipmunk said:
Just wanted to say that this is a great idea, and if you have potions to spare you should use this instead of snowballs. It's saving me so much time.
Splash potions have always been an option but I personally don't promote their use. The advantage is so insignificant that it's not worth the extra resources. Time isn't really an important factor either imo, because blazes are continuing to spawn while you're throwing snowballs so it's not like it's wasted.

I don't see why everyone has a problem with Iron becoming something farm-able and hence worthless in trades. If anything, this makes iron much more accessible to everyone, which means people can use up more tools, make more pistons, minecarts, rails etc. Iron is such an awesome resource and it's cool that now you can get infinite amounts of it.

Speaking of golem farming, do they get hurt by lava? A lava blade would be a much quicker killing mechanism than a drowning trap.

Just a quick question. But is there a regular time at when spheres of strife is on? Like, in pacific time? Or is it whenever the mod feels like it?

I don't see why everyone has a problem with Iron becoming something farm-able and hence worthless in trades. If anything, this makes iron much more accessible to everyone, which means people can use up more tools, make more pistons, minecarts, rails etc. Iron is such an awesome resource and it's cool that now you can get infinite amounts of it.
Yes Iron is awesome and versatile, and that's why it's such an awesome resource in limited quantities. If there was any resource in the game that you needed, Iron was always a good item to exchange for it. Iron is still relatively common so there's lots of it around, but its many many uses means you can never have too much.

Now that Iron is worthless there's no item to really fill that niche. If you need something, there's no assurance that you'll get it through trade. You might find somebody with the item and possibly in surplus quantity, but you may not have something that they want/need to trade in return. You could always fall back on Iron for reasons mentioned above, but now it's an uncertainty.

For a personal spin on it: I'm a resource hoarder, I have lots of everything. If somebody needed a particular resource, I could usually trade them and take Iron in exchange. I also have over 2 stacks of Iron blocks, but it was still worth trading for. Now if somebody needs a resource I might be able to provide it, but there's little they could trade in exchange because I own most things in bulk.

So, yeah. I personally think there's plenty of Iron to fit everyone's needs as is, with the added benefit of it being a pseudo-currency. But with this update, we'll have enough Iron to fit everyone's needs while hurting trade significantly. Trade is essentially dead for me, and it's going to be picky at best with everyone else.

Just the way I see, and why I find infinite Iron depressing.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I dont really think infinite Iron is that huge of a deal, but maybe thats because if someone asks me for something I usually give it away or get cheap shit in exchange.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to share an excellent seed I just stumbled upon while experimenting with different phrases for seeds, Gokugoessupersaiyan

I have loaded this seed four times to test spawn, and I have spawned at X=0.5, Z=0.5 each time. This is that view.

Just over the mountain in the previous image is a frozen river. Two entrances to a massive cave system are visible (one is in the background and less obvious than the foreground one).

The background entrance from the previous image. The visible coal veins are quite small, but there is an abundance of coal inside the cave.

A few feet inside the aforementioned entrance. Note the large coal vein on the right and yes, the dungeon in the center of the shot.

A large pumpkin patch located at X=-90, Z=80

Those are the main attractions, but I most definitely haven't fully explored the cave. It's a good seed, you should try it!

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Please don't move my house when you fix it, layell.
People are against it (Xaq, Veed, for instance, and me obviously.)
If it fits you, you can put the glass bridge and the ore house in a chest somewhere and I'll try to make it less wild and more "it's a house, don't grief it omg", but please restore the tower at the same place.

Also, will the griefer be punished like forever, or will he get a second chance / a chance to explain himself ?

Is there the same griefer going around. Faceroll got his house burnt, the Pale Pass blacksmith building got burnt pretty bad. From what i gather Aga has been griefed...

I'm scared now...I haven't logged on in a couple of weeks, and that sand caste I made in Oho is frail >.>

Better log on and check tomorrow, but I'm just so dang tired after work these days, just keep forgetting to >.>

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
can someone with a spare minute have a run around azbot industries and make sure it hasn't suffered a similar fate?

tyvm

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I swear to god there will be a special place in hell for the corpse of the person who touches oho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)