Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

No1 reported a structure that is more than 2000 blocks away from spawn (as far as i know.. ) so i'll cut off the edges , update the server and make jungles spawn (y)

don't try to join just yet. I'll update this post when it's finished.

EDIT: it looks like its going to take some time.. Redstonehost is being shit again.

Yeeesss I can't wait! :)

Guys, I have a suggestion to make. Look at the picture:

The red circle seems to be an empty island. (North of Oho Oasis, which is at the bottom of the picture).

I wanna build an underground hostile mob system ala Etho there. Nothing fancy or visible from 100 miles away. We need a way to farm GUNPOWDER (along with the other drops at the same time), so this is what I had in mind.

Tennis, once I get your okay, I'll go to town.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Gunpowder farm? I know about a good one. A little ugly, though:

Basically, you build a large platform, about 18x18 or 19x19, waaaay up in the sky. Then, you take the outermost 8x8 blocks and build one block taller, so that you have four 8x8 platforms with a 3-block wide "cross" between them.
Mine away the 3x3 in the middle.
At the very end of the arms of the "cross", empty some buckets. This way, water will run from the walls and all the way to the edge of the hole.
Add walls and ceiling (so that there will be 2 blocks of space between the 8x8 platforms and the ceiling).
Remove any light sources you might have used while building.
Stand in water for practical demonstration.

The neat thing is, it can be built several layers tall, for several times the effect. I'd also fence off the impact zone somewhat, to avoid getting falling mobs in your head while loafing around. Works wonders for me, though I'm starting to run out of ideas about what to do with rotten flesh.

ASCII schematic:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XWWWWWW_____ WWWWWWX
XWWWWWW_____ WWWWWWX
XWWWWWW_____ WWWWWWX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XOOOOOOOOWWWOOOOOOOOX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

X = Wall
W = Water
O = Cobblestone, wood, dirt, whatever you prefer (except Glowstone, for some reason).
"_" = Open air

Remember to build ceiling.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
I found 5 spawners about 30 blocks away from each other about 100m away from my house yesterday. 4 cave spiders, 1 zombie. I'm planning on connecting them all into a central point, and I'll probably have a small timed rail loop going around so the guys actually spawn.

It will be magnificent.

Screw you, mastadi and Grumbler.

First off, your matching ninja skins look dumb. That's not even anywhere near the point, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Secondly, I don't understand why you guys get your kicks out of griefing people with the sign blindness glitch (the one where you place a wooden sign overlapping someone's POV, and their instance of Minecraft stops registering light emitting entities intermittently). But then shooting me with uncharged arrows, with active dogs with you, so that when I randomly flailed and hit you, your stupid terrier killed me instead, and saying I just attacked you out of the blue? What. The. Fuck.

So, that's why I chased down your dog and sworded it. Not that you couldn't guess who did that.

Also, does anyone else ever have weirdly vivid dreams about Minecraft?

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
I once had a dream I was on a faction server, me and two randoms wandered around the world until we found a base on an island. We killed the people inside, and took it over. After a while, we realized there was another base on an island literally RIGHT next to us, on another island. We promptly went in and murdered the owner, but then I felt sad because the guy had such a great base with giraffes and monkeys and bananas and a bunch of other delicious shit.

idk man

So... I apologise for interrupting, but I have been seriously debating whether or not to purchase Minecraft. I have tried the free multiplayer version, which is fun enough when other people do not grief your creations as you try and build them. I suppose the main question I have is whether or not it is worth the $25. Is it simple enough to pick up and learn?

Screw you, mastadi and Grumbler.

First off, your matching ninja skins look dumb. That's not even anywhere near the point, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Secondly, I don't understand why you guys get your kicks out of griefing people with the sign blindness glitch (the one where you place a wooden sign overlapping someone's POV, and their instance of Minecraft stops registering light emitting entities intermittently). But then shooting me with uncharged arrows, with active dogs with you, so that when I randomly flailed and hit you, your stupid terrier killed me instead, and saying I just attacked you out of the blue? What. The. Fuck.

So, that's why I chased down your dog and sworded it. Not that you couldn't guess who did that.

itt we learn that Mas and RG can perform inception

So... I apologise for interrupting, but I have been seriously debating whether or not to purchase Minecraft. I have tried the free multiplayer version, which is fun enough when other people do not grief your creations as you try and build them. I suppose the main question I have is whether or not it is worth the $25. Is it simple enough to pick up and learn?
I doubt you'll see anyone in this thread recommend against buying it.

The server is online. Everything beyond +1900blocks from spawn *should be* trimmed off if everything went according to plan, wich *should make* jungles spawn beyond that.

Please note that the last 12hrs the server has been very unstable so don't come crying if it breaks again , i'm monitoring it to my fullest capabilities

also , you can use mousepad but if your laptop refuses to read the mousepad and keyboard at the same time when more than 1 key is being pressed it will not be ideal.

EDIT: also , if anyone feel inclined you can put the server seed in a tool to find nearest jungle to check if they actually spawn or not.. i cannot be arsed. seed=-529216013

Wolf, Asdfy and myself ventured out of our wintery home in search of more warmer biomes. we succeded (only had to swim across an ocean for an entire minecraft night =P)

k Thanks :)

so apparently the sever crashed again. This is getting old... i'll try to get it back up asap

EDIT: ok , its back up for now. don't expect it to last :/

GODDAMIT. Seriously, it lasted 10mins.. lets try another devbuild

EDITTT: Older devbuild test gogogo
EDITTTTTT : its down again ,gonna wait for a new build

Wolf, Asdfy and myself ventured out of our wintery home in search of more warmer biomes. we succeded (only had to swim across an ocean for an entire minecraft night =P)
Aw, sweet Chival! I wanted to have a path going from pale pass to a jungle biome. Could you give me the coords of where the jungle is? I'd be more than happy to make a path to the jungle. I also want to make a house in the trees.

EDIT: Did the server get updated to 1.2.3 or is it just 1.2?

It's currently down completely. It did get upgraded to 1.2.3 but there still seems to be issues with the dev bukkit build. Or redstone host are shit (they are shit).

So, I caved in a couple days ago and purchased Minecraft. Although I still have a few questions (which I hope can be answered), it is quite fun.

The first time I started it up, I spawned on a small island with one tree; the only things within view were another small island with a tree and endless sea in every direction. I could not find coal and had to spend my night on the highest point of the second island (not very high), ever vigilent for monsters. I saw a couple of what I now know as Endermen, and when night was nearly up, one wandered too close and I kept my eye on it. I was dead then and there. I said, "Eff this," and generated a new map, which happens to have a jungle biome, sea, desert, village, mountains, forests, and even a winter area all within a small walking distance.

I have a lot of exploring to do and a lot to learn, but I have made my hideout high up on the steep part of a mountain, mined my way back and down until I hit the other side, then began to repeat the process down toward the first entrance. As a result, I encountered a gigantic dark chasm in the mountain, host to all sorts of monsters. I am trying to figure out how to go down it since it is very deep and pretty much a straight dropoff.

Anyway, now for questions, since I am not very tech savvy. If I were to create a map on, say, my laptop, would there be any way I could access that file through my home computer? I mostly ask for a reason which leads to my next question. The past two days or so, I have been playing Minecraft without issue on my laptop, but when I attempted to play today, the game had indescribably severe lag, rendering it unplayable. I tried shutting down and restarting my computer and restarting the program with no luck. My next question is, does Minecraft get like that sometimes or is something perhaps wrong with my computer?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)