Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

LF's ditto is the one with the perfect spread? I think I'm using that one with a Metagross that I got from here. So, yea - different OTs. However, I've also done this with 2 different OT Charizards before and I had no problems. Maybe it's only when done with a Ditto?

But why does that matter? It works when I try to go for shiny Beldum - why not for non-shiny? I'll try and use one of the Beldums that I hatched and see if it'll work or not. Will post back when I have results.
Could well be that you are using international parents, i'm assuming you have not equipped an everstone.

I understand the method of capturing wild pokémon now. The only thing that I do not get is that my RNG reporter often gives 50 seconds 630 delay for example, are those seconds then the time I took to reset? Cause I think I reset in like 15-20 seconds, or what is that number then? And what is it used for?

Has anybody tested this same method on HG/SS?
Yes, there are a few of use who are testing the HGSS RNG, and many of use have already produced some exceptional pokemon from the games. Being fully RNG abusable is still a long way off though.

I understand the method of capturing wild pokémon now. The only thing that I do not get is that my RNG reporter often gives 50 seconds 630 delay for example, are those seconds then the time I took to reset? Cause I think I reset in like 15-20 seconds, or what is that number then? And what is it used for?
Your seconds value as displayed by RNG reporters Seed Finder represents the seconds past the minute when you Hit A on the continue screen.

For accurate abuse you need to have you DS synchronized perfectly with another clock.

Mist Demon - If you are capturing pokemon somewhere to confirm your seed, you may be looking the the normal or international parents PID list when you should be looking at the opposite one. This will change what natures you get if you are 100% certain you did the right amount of taps and flips.
I didn't see your part of the post but I'm assuming that what you're saying is that one of my parents may be international. I'm guessing I have to switch the method to the one that says international. I'll try this out as well and see if that's the problem. (Is there a way to tell if a pokemon is international or not?)

Could well be that you are using international parents, i'm assuming you have not equipped an everstone.
No, I am not using an everstone.

EDIT: I guess one of the parents must've been international because it seems to have worked after switching the method to the correct one. Funny that it works on shiny ones without picking the correct method. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

What am I doing wrong?
I calculated my seed to times, got the right time, put my ds at the good times etc... use my watch, still I never get a shiny that I calculated for.

Ladies and Gentleman, it's a Shiny Adamant Gible! =D

I'm not sure if I'll soft reset for IV's... I can't RNG his IV's because I have no idea what the parents IV's are and I don't remember which one I put in first. XP

What am I doing wrong?
I calculated my seed to times, got the right time, put my ds at the good times etc... use my watch, still I never get a shiny that I calculated for.
Describe step by step what you've been doing, from the calibration phase to the hatching of the eggs.

wow im so confused right now haha xD!! i tried to do this RNG system and im new to pokemon so its little hard to understand. Ive tried twice to breed a shiny one and im still confused with what parents i have to put in the daycare the first time i had the right nature but not shiny and the second time i had none of them so what am i doing wrong? does it really matter to have a ditto in the daycare? or does it have to parents of the same ? sorry for the noob questions and i hope i dont anger anybody xD!

Since my last post wasn't taken seriously, I'm gonna post it again because it solved my problem AGAIN.

Many of you know of the frame freakin' problem, you want a specific frame (X+2), your egg initial frame is X. When you do the flip, your frame goes to X+1. So you get pissed, and then you go for the flip and wait a moment [to the frame advance with time], then it goes for X+Y [Mine usually goes for X+2+3]. Then you try to DON'T do the flip and wait a moment...Bang. Frame X+1.

Damn, this pisses me off SO MUCH. Then I came up with a solution (It worked 3 times so far, all of them on the 5[X]-6[X+1]-7[X+2 and Target Frame] problem.

Let's sum up the problem:

Egg Initial Frame: 5
Egg Frame After ONE flip: 6
Egg Frame After A moment: 6
Egg Frame After A moment + 1 Flip: 10
Target Frame: 7

And what do I do? I do NO flips at all, and when I enter the game, I immediately press X. This will open me the menu. Then I press B [to close the menu] and immediately press A to take the egg. And guess what?

Egg Frame: 7

SWEET!
I don't know how it affects my frame, but I've done it three times and it worked 100%. Maybe I'm lucky? Maybe I'm not. By the way, I use save states, so you can't tell the timing is different or something like that. The result is ALWAYS the same, unless I open the menu, so I guess it DOES work.

Pablens: There can be a few things that are wrong.
1) You are choosing International Breeding from the drop down list when you are using 2 pokemon that are from the same region (2 from the United States games, Japan, etc) and so you're going for one that won't be shiny with them.
2) You ID/SID combo is incorrect, meaning it'll never work unless you get really lucky. You can get just about anyone w/ an AR to check it to guarentee it's correct.
3) You miss counted in the taps.

Hmmmmmm I started a small visual guide for RNG parts but im not sure if it's needed...I did a small portion but before I go any further, I was curious of what some people think of it...or is curious to see it...=o

ohh i have a shiny ditto from japan (i think) and a horsea from my game. should i put the international breeding ? where can i find my ID, and my SID a friend with a AR gave it to me so there im oke hehe and the tapping its kind long so probably i did misscalculated.

DarkLynx - The NPCs who advance your frame are based on the RNG. On some seeds the egg is frame 6, while on others you get 7 (or 5). The reason it worked for you is because only 1 NPC moved. The reason you get it every time is because the same RNG is called for the movements, so of course it will always work. That's what save states do, they sace your spot.

Since my last post wasn't taken seriously, I'm gonna post it again because it solved my problem AGAIN.

Many of you know of the frame freakin' problem, you want a specific frame (X+2), your egg initial frame is X. When you do the flip, your frame goes to X+1. So you get pissed, and then you go for the flip and wait a moment [to the frame advance with time], then it goes for X+Y [Mine usually goes for X+2+3]. Then you try to DON'T do the flip and wait a moment...Bang. Frame X+1.

Damn, this pisses me off SO MUCH. Then I came up with a solution (It worked 3 times so far, all of them on the 5[X]-6[X+1]-7[X+2 and Target Frame] problem.

Let's sum up the problem:

Egg Initial Frame: 5
Egg Frame After ONE flip: 6
Egg Frame After A moment: 6
Egg Frame After A moment + 1 Flip: 10
Target Frame: 7

And what do I do? I do NO flips at all, and when I enter the game, I immediately press X. This will open me the menu. Then I press B [to close the menu] and immediately press A to take the egg. And guess what?

Egg Frame: 7

SWEET!
I don't know how it affects my frame, but I've done it three times and it worked 100%. Maybe I'm lucky? Maybe I'm not. By the way, I use save states, so you can't tell the timing is different or something like that. The result is ALWAYS the same, unless I open the menu, so I guess it DOES work.
DarkLynx, this is ALL related to NPC's advancing your frame.

I think you'll find you starting frame for your egg when you got results of 6 when expecting 7 was 4 not 5. That explains the reason waiting jumped you to frame 10.

I seriously don't think your suggestion adds anything to the instructions already written on the first post. Okay it worked for you, but It's not going to be viable and consistent enough to be recommended to other users.

Sometimes you don't get the starting frame you want, as it says in the first post, abusing Egg IV's is very much trial and error.

ohh i have a shiny ditto from japan (i think) and a horsea from my game. should i put the international breeding ? where can i find my ID, and my SID a friend with a AR gave it to me so there im oke hehe and the tapping its kind long so probably i did misscalculated.
Your ID is in your Trainer Card ( press X to open the Menu, select your player name and at the top, right under "trainer card", is the IDNo. with a number beside it, which is your ID).

This is important - you tryng to breed a Shiny by:
A) Capturing a pokémon, finding the seed, doing the flips and taps and then puting the parents in the day-care
B) Chosing a nature and a gender, calculating the time and delay, doing the coin-flip to see if you are in the right time and delay, then doing the taps and flips and puting the parents in the day-care

I still don't undertstand what I'm doing wrong. for the frame I'm trying to hit, the encounter slot is 8, and at lake aquity should be sneasel, yet when I do it, snover pops up.

Can someone help?

i am currently trying to understand if my calculation is correct and would like some correction if i am wrong for zapdos

frame 2695 - 6(zapdos)- 1(cress)=2688
2688 / 6(party)= 448

which means i must walk 128 steps 448 times before talking to Oak, am i correct or is there simplier way to do this? thanks for any help

So how exactly do I use Emloop to achieve my delay more accurately? I can obviously see how I'd use it to hit my seconds perfectly every time, but it was my understanding that there wasn't an exact correlation between delay and time.

Why exactly do you subtract 6?
EDIT; Monster frame, right.
I think you did right but you can use journal flips for an easier time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)