Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I did a search with pokeRNGDP:

"Search for: Shiny (TID: 23842 SID: 21070) 20/20/20/20/20/20
Found 1448 result(s)!
"

I obviously won't post them here. I asked for IVs greater than or equal to 20, no fixed nature, no special hidden power, delays between 493 and 3000 that will work for any year if you are using pika-timer.
I did that too, with delays 485-499 and 25/0/25/0/25/31, finding many results (about 150 KB worth,) but my problem is that I can't find out the Method K frames. I don't want to reach frames above 100000 or something in SS (ideally, I want something under 3000, but I'd go higher if I needed to.) The way I found Method K frames was by plugging random ones into RNG Reporter, but that is definitely not practical when I have so many results.

Assuming you're going for low delays, the best thing to do is to do more calibration and see if certain delays become more common than others. Then, it's just patience. I've gone for a while simply soft-resetting. It's luck if it's a low delay (mashing A.)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did that too, with delays 485-499 and 25/0/25/0/25/31, finding many results (about 150 KB worth,) but my problem is that I can't find out the Method K frames. I don't want to reach frames above 100000 or something in SS (ideally, I want something under 3000, but I'd go higher if I needed to.) The way I found Method K frames was by plugging random ones into RNG Reporter, but that is definitely not practical when I have so many results.
An example:
PID: ad3182b0 (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/31/0/31/31 (Seed: a5140629 Method 1: 61, J (synch): 32, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 30, K (no synch): None) HP ELECTRIC 59

Bolded parts are the method K frames.

An example:
PID: ad3182b0 (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/31/0/31/31 (Seed: a5140629 Method 1: 61, J (synch): 32, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 30, K (no synch): None) HP ELECTRIC 59

Bolded parts are the method K frames.
*facepalm to myself*
I was probably doing another stupid mistake. I put in a seed from PokéRNG and the Method K frames I found were the same. Thanks for helping me correct my mistake, anyway.

*facepalm to myself*
I was probably doing another stupid mistake. I put in a seed from PokéRNG and the Method K frames I found were the same. Thanks for helping me correct my mistake, anyway.
You are the second person that did that today here. Don't feel bad. Just try to pay more attention.
I often plug the pid instead of the seed in rng reporter.

AAAARGH!!! After taking a break from the RNG to help my dad build the extension on our house (lolwut?) I came back... and missed my delay (for a shiny egg) by ONE! I am depressed now... :<

EDIT: Ok so my target delay is 651. I came back from helping dad and got 652 first try. I entered that into PikaTimer's "Other Delay". I just got 652 again. *sigh*

EDIT2: W-would you believe if I were to... for example... say I hit 652 again? :/ (3 times in a row now...)

AAAARGH!!! After taking a break from the RNG to help my dad build the extension on our house (lolwut?) I came back... and missed my delay (for a shiny egg) by ONE! I am depressed now... :<

EDIT: Ok so my target delay is 651. I came back from helping dad and got 652 first try. I entered that into PikaTimer's "Other Delay". I just got 652 again. *sigh*

EDIT2: W-would you believe if I were to... for example... say I hit 652 again? :/ (3 times in a row now...)
You can't hit odd delays when you're hitting even delays. Insert a 3rd gen game or scroll down at the continue screen to the 'mystery gift screen' before hitting continue.

You can't hit odd delays when you're hitting even delays. Insert a 3rd gen game or scroll down at the continue screen to the 'mystery gift screen' before hitting continue.
So does that mean its impossible for me to hit my Target delay of 500, unless I insert my Sapphire into the GBA slot? Because for some reason I keep getting 495, 501, 489, and stuff like that.

...THANK-YOU!! I wasted SO much time...

But this time round, I hit my delay second attempt! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!e

Right... now then.

So I called Elm until I was 100% certain I hit my seed/delay; I did.

The frame for the shiny egg I wanted was 3, so I figured I get rid of two, save, and keep the third. It wasn't shiny OR the right nature.

Now I know I hit my seed and delay or whatever, so what did I do wrong this time?

I'm starting on a journal page that has that has a pokemon that I recieved in a trade and the next journal page that has a caught pokemon. Does flipping back and forth advance my RNG by two everytime?

My frame is 183 so I have to flip back and forth 91 times, right?

I'm starting on a journal page that has that has a pokemon that I recieved in a trade and the next journal page that has a caught pokemon. Does flipping back and forth advance my RNG by two everytime?

My frame is 183 so I have to flip back and forth 91 times, right?
Flipping to a page with a "Pokemon Caught" or "Pokemon Fought" advances the frame by two if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Not "Fought" but "Defeated" Pokemon advance the frame by two, I was wrong x]

Ok thanks. One more question, so having a journal page with no pokemon caught or fought does not advance the RNG right?

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've been having a problem with pikatimer. When the timer counts down it goes at about double speed and the beeps marking the 10 sec,etc don't sound. Normally I have no problems with it, but it has been acting up lately. I have tried rebooting my computer and it still has the problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Right... now then.

So I called Elm until I was 100% certain I hit my seed/delay; I did.

The frame for the shiny egg I wanted was 3, so I figured I get rid of two, save, and keep the third. It wasn't shiny OR the right nature.

Now I know I hit my seed and delay or whatever, so what did I do wrong this time?
Same again. Is it because the frame starts on 3? That doesn't seem right though... I'll give it a shot anyways and keep checking back here for confirmation (or a lack thereof).

Will attaching an Insence to a Pokemon ruin the restults when trying to get a shiny baby Pokemon that can only be obtained if the parent is holding a certain Insence?

Will attaching an Insence to a Pokemon ruin the restults when trying to get a shiny baby Pokemon that can only be obtained if the parent is holding a certain Insence?
It shouldn't. I'm pretty sure the only items that should be left off are power items and everstones, since those actually affect the results of the breeding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 23)