New New Name and Profile Change Requests [READ THE OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requesting namechange to "Yash" since the dude hasnt been active for 6 years.

Eien: No. You need a badge to take another user's name within the requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Alright, I have much more than 100 posts and no infractions at the moment so uhh...

May I request a name change from Jerry hillenburg to Jerry the great? People usually refer me as Jerry instead of Jerry hillenburg anyways, and the only reason why this is my name is because it is my name on PS. And since I'd have "formerly Jerry hillenburg" people will know that I am Jerry hillenburg, so I wouldn't have to waste several minutes proving it's me. Thank you moderators, and have a nice day.
Jerry's edit: And besides, that name sounds so much more cool than Jerry hillenburg.

Eien: ok

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
Hi, I'd like to revert my name back to my former one which was Heika please.

Eien: this is your last name change

Hi, I'd like to change my name to "Sethalopod". It is currrently unclaimed and I'm over being an edgy League player thank you.

Eien: done

Hi. I'd like to change my name to "Supl3x". I own that username on Showdown and everyone calls me that on discord. Im new to Smogon so i quickly made my username the same as my gmail thinking i could change it. Please let me know if i need to do anything and im sorry if this isnt the right place to post this,

Thank you

Eien: done as an exception for a clear registration mistake

Attachments

I would like to request a profile unlock, it’s been way over 1 month since my name change and forgot about requesting a profile unlock

Eien: unlocked

I just want those shitty numbers away, the account "nigel" wasnt used since 2012, so it would be amazing if i could be known as nigel not Nigel97, also because nigel is the one im online on Showdown the whole time.

Nigel97 -> nigel

sry, you can request again if you get a badge tho - p^2
Now that i got the Badge i would like to request it one more time :bloblul:

Eien: and now that you got a badge, you can have it!

I'd like to change my nick to "guanabara", as I'm not using the one I have right now anymore.

Thank you beforehand.

Eien: done

Can I get the name snow it's never been used since it was made and i'm badged now

Eien: It's not clear why you want this name change (I know you still use DBW on PS + you requested a very different name recently too), so I'm gonna reject this one for now. There are a few more factors that we can discuss privately that make me hesitant on it, and we see each other a lot, so feel free to hmu if you want the full explanation and want to talk it out.

Eien: discussed on PS. done

st. pablo

custom title
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
doing what i probably should have done in the first place and requesting to drop st. from my name to just be pablo.
it's a longshot, but i might as well ask just in the off chance it's accepted but i'd prefer pablo no punctuation, but the account only meets half of the requirements so i understand if not, i'll be fine with pablo.

Eien: no. "pablo" has 4050 posts, which is way, way too many to give you the name. I also don't want to add periods or other weird characters to names, so also no to "pablo.".

Hi, I'd like to request a name change to the ghost. Since I've returned to activity, I've been known pretty much exclusively as ghost on discord, but "ghost" is an existing account from several years ago, so this seems like the right compromise.

I would also like my birthday changed to June 24th, 1997.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/the-ghost.235471/
taken unfort

changed your bday--tdp

Tace

beat goes on
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
requesting a namechange to tace, the account was originally registered by me almost 3 years ago with the intent of shortening this without knowing this thread existed, as the name is generally shorter and easier to identify

given the situation, ya--tdp

I am requesting a namechange to Birdy. I am more commonly known as that name on Pokemon Showdown, and I am global staff there. It is also much shorter than Awesome96Birdy and more memorable. It was last used in 2011, even though it does have 65 posts.

yup--tdp

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I would like to change my name to Onyx Burst

I realize I haven’t hit the post threshold, but I want to more active on the site and I know alt accounts are against the rules. I am asking because it seemed easier to change my name now instead of people getting use to an outdated name then switching real quick.

Lastly, I would like to request a profile change. My birthday should be March 7th, 1996. It currently has the wrong year in it.

this is a valid point and i'll bring it up, gonna leave your name as if for now though to enforce the same rules for everyone
changed your bday--tdp
The 100 posts rule was indeed never meant to block requests like yours; we've discussed it and it has been amended to:
  • you may request a name change ONLY if:
    • you have 100 posts or more total;
    • you have fewer than 10 posts total AND your account is at least 3 years old.
to cover for similar "returning member" cases, I'm changing your name now.

Hi, I would like to claim the name "Adri". It already exists, but hasn't been used since 2013 and doesn't have any message. This is already the name I have on PS, and as I'm global staff there with that name, I think it would be better for me to have the same here.

Eien: done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)