No Soap? No Shampoo? No Problem! (My 2k)

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I never saw the blog, but all of my friends of the female gender kept telling me (a guy with long hair) to Shampoo maybe once every two weeks, as it "damages your hair more." So I've been doing this for a while, and my hair is healthier because of it. It shapes easier, and isn't a stupidly large angry puffball of a thing that it used to be when I shampoo'd all the time.

Started today, fingers crossed it works out. The thing I'm most dubious about is the hair, because I've got medium-long hair so I hope it doesn't go too crazy. Though I'm sure it'll be good for my skin.

this is actually really interesting. i've always had a huge problem with oils. also: dandruff, lots of it. i'm really interested in what something like this will do to someone like me, since i know if i don't shampoo daily i WILL suffer.

Interesting... I might give this a try later on (summer or something, if I remember). However, I will start with less shampoo; having long hair with dandruffs, it might just be easier without that stuff in there.

Also, congrats with 2k!

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Would you think this would be a particularly good idea if a person was say, 14, and their face possibly wasnt regulating its oil production as well as it may do later on in life?

Have a nice day.

Weird as fuck BR0, but he has the 4 numbers; congrats on the 2k Philip!

P.S. Sounds interesting though.

Would you think this would be a particularly good idea if a person was say, 14, and their face possibly wasnt regulating its oil production as well as it may do later on in life?

Have a nice day.
I was concerned about this when my brother said he wanted to try this too (he was 15 at the time), and his acne has actually gotten better. I'm not saying this will happen for everybody or anything, but yeah, it actually helped my brother's acne for some reason.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
you can use baking soda and vinegar as a substitute for shampoo and conditioner, if you want to avoid greasy hair but still hate shampoo (like me).

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've actually been semi-trying this for a couple months, unknowingly. I've been showering daily, but only using soap/body wash once a week (still shampooing). One thing I did notice was that my skin felt drier when I showered WITHOUT body wash because I use that Dove moisturizing cucumber melon stuff. I was under the impression that just rinsing with water would dry your skin out more, but perhaps I am mistaken. Thinking I will try this on a more extended basis now, but it will be difficult to get away with showering without soap when my fiance and I shower together. I can just see the conversation now:

Me: ok honey I'm done, I'ma go get dressed.
Her: What? You didn't use soap.
Me: Yes I did! When your back was turned!
Her: Honey you were too busy copping a feel to soap yourself that quickly. What's going on?
Me: Umm...science experiment?
Her: Gross. Use the soap. *hands soap*
Me: -_-

Also you can bypass the no shampoo = greasy hair problem by keeping a cleanly shaven head!

Interesting, i might try this out, though I might be a bit too young to do it (still live with my family, etc.)

I have really greasy skin and eczema all at once, so the first few weeks would be hell, but yeah, I'll probably try this sometime. Seems interesting enough.

Happy 2k Philio

EDIT:Hm, I didn't read your reply to Hip; That's interesting, I'll definitely try that sometime now. I have an amazingly greasy complexion (my dad still has acne scars covering his back 35 years after his bouts), so I'll have to be on my toes to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)