Project OM Mashup Megathread

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
:alakazam: Alakazam: Arguably the strongest wallbreaker in the meta, thanks to its great Speed tier, monstrous Special Attack, and excellent coverage moves, Alakazam has been dominating the tier during its time on the LCOTM ladder. A great post by Discordual says most of what the Council wanted to say, although we should also note that Alakazam could viably run No Guard and Sheer Force to wildly increase the power and reliability of its coverage moves, at the cost of losing out on Expanding Force. Frankly, Alakazam has become too much, and is now banned due to its lack of reliable counters.
FREEDOM

Gonna use this post to also talk about one of my favorite pokemon right now

A powerful rat... named Togedemaru.

I'm most likely going to get meme'd on here, but Togedemaru is a very interesting role compressor, It's immune to poison and paralysis and resistances to some of the strongest types in the metagame. Its also got 3 abilities that help it out:

Lightning Rod - Deals with Koko and Eleki
Iron Barbs (+Rocky Helmet) - Possibly one of the best abilities to have natively, smacks U-Turn pivoting Corvi and minor physical chipping
Sturdy - useful for smacking that one big threat that scares any team.

I'm personally using it as one of the funniest ganks of all time
behold
:togedemaru:
oof ouch (Togedemaru) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- Endeavor
:togedemaru:

U-Turn is the obvious pivot, with Dual Stabs and Endeavor to abuse Sturdy with.
Water Absorb not only stops Weather Ball Zapdos dead in it's tracks, but also tickles rain teams with the surprise ability. It also helps recover health when being chipped by U-Turn to be able to proc Sturdy again

The best fact is: its funny
I will probably update this post to include a collection of confusion from my opponents. Have fun being funny​

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Aggrometaile two Ultra Mix cores for you

Tier: Ultra Mix

Core: :spheal: + :hippopotas: + :rhyperior:

Core type: Defensive

Description: Really solid defensive core, Spheal and Hippopotas check many of the most common breakers in Ultra Mix being Wishiwashi, Whismur, Vibrava, and Oranguru. Rhyperior is another very solid defensive Pokemon, checking Psychic-type Pokemon such as Kadabra, while also providing hazard control for its team.

Tier: Ultra Mix

Core: :wishiwashi:+:oranguru:

Core type: Offensive

Description: Two of the strongest breakers in the tier, so theres not much to say, Wishiwashi's main check in Spheal is threatened by Oranguru, and Oranguru's best checks in Coalossal and Hippopotas and threatened by Wishiwashi. Oranguru also always threatens to sweep a team after Wishiwashi weakens it slightly.

Last edited:
Have a dumb and bad team.

:Machamp: @ Flame Orb
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Whereas Heracross is a terrifying late-game cleaner, Machamp breaks everything.

:Tsareena: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn

Sets Grassy Surge to set up Flapple and break opposing Terrain, also my hazard control and emergency priority check.

:Flapple: @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Dragon Rush
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

I should really get back to messing with a Sub DD set (Ripen and Gluttony means a +2 Berry after 2 Subs if you EV/IV to make HP divisible by 4), this hasn't done too much on this time. Probably the worst part of the team but I think it's funny and that's worth using to me. You're ensuring moves that might miss you will always hit, but Compound Eyes doesn't boost Dragon Rush to 100% accuracy.

:Magnezone: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Teleport

Soft Koko check, Ice and Flying-type resist (not that it stopped a Togekiss from flinching me four times in a row to win a game, that was cool), also kills Corviknight with Teravolt breaking any Electric-immunity Abilities. The moves could probably use some optimization, but so far I haven't needed/wanted to click anything but the first three moves.

:Zapdos: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Roost
- U-turn

The team so far is hilariously weak to Volcarona and Talonflame, Zapdos provides an excellent answer and has great power and pivoting to help from being a complete momentum sink. Had someone Trick Zapdos Specs and Hurricane is super threatening.

:Heatran: @ Air Balloon
Ability: Desolate Land
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Hazard setter and additional Ice-type resist, stops some Water-types cold-ish, Azumarill at least needs boosted Knock Off to threaten you while you threaten burns. I've also run Scorching Sands over Earth Power to not great effect, could probably also run Magma Storm.

Camove Chaos Update:

:Scizor-Mega: Mega Scizor has been quickbanned because of its great wall-breaking capabilites, sweeper capabilities with Dragon Dance, and capability to revenge kill and pick of faster mons that could OHKO it with strong priority. It could fit on all sorts of teams and easily have its few drawbacks accounted for by its team.

:Dragonite: The VR has been updated with more mons and more types.

:Magnezone::Maractus: Magnet Pull and Acupressure are being suspect tested. You can participate by using them in a tour in the OMM room.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
As the months wraps up I thought I'd share some fun stuff I've been using in PokeAAA!

:ss/zeraora:
Zeraora @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

This thing is a monster. It's super fast, it's absurdly strong, it pivots, and Grass Knot smacks around most Volt Absorb Water-types hard so you don't need to worry about them, especially since they're like, super predictable at this point. This thing can clean up versus many weakened teams,

Volt Absorb Corviknight... isn't really a reliable answer, but you also don't want to be relying on hitting two Focus Blasts, especially without Rocks up or chip. You don't even come close to breaking Goodra other than chip with Volt Switch, so bring something else for it, not a special Electric type. Non-Regen Blissey can be broken after a single Volt Switch, and only needs 20% prior damage to be reliably in 2HKO range from Rising Voltage.

252 SpA Choice Specs Zeraora Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Corviknight: 190-224 (47.6 - 56.1%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Zeraora Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 289-342 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Zeraora Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 264-312 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:ss/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed / Grassy Seed
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Last Resort

This thing is a monster! Well. Maybe not this time.
This set mimics the Pinsirite Magearna set from Mix and Mega but with notably less bulk, worse typing, and more power. It was designed to go along with the above Zeraora set... or rather the above Zeraora set was designed to go along with this. Hawlucha's base abilities are quite good for this set, Mold Breaker being excellent on anything remotely offensive in this metagame, and Unburden both encouraging the use of a bulk-increasing item and allowing a set that will likely only be able to set up once a match anyway to use a once-per-match ability to never be outsped except by Blaziken. I hate Blaziken.

There's a better EV spread somewhere, so if you're totally awesome you'll find it and tell me what it is :D

The best answers to this set are hitting it as it tries to set up, Ice Shard users, Corviknight, and generally bulky Intimidate / Dauntless Shield users who can keep enough offensive pressure on it to prevent it setting up further or phaze it. Burning it is very good as well, and Flame Body Pokemon often cut short a sweep, but it's important to remember it has Limber and can't be paralyzed.

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Hawlucha Last Resort vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 283-334 (80.3 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Hawlucha Last Resort vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 204-241 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Hawlucha Last Resort vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Marvel Scale Milotic: 178-210 (45.2 - 53.4%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after burn damage
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Hawlucha Last Resort vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 190-224 (49.6 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Aerilate Hawlucha Last Resort vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Shedinja: 3962-4664 (396200 - 466400%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hawlucha @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Fling
- Roost / Taunt / Close Combat / whatever
- Swords Dance

The Flame Orb set! More repeatable, easier to get to the point where you can KO stuff, but harder to get to the point where you're fully set up because it's two turns instead of one. Fling procs Unburden and Burns the opponent. Toxic Orb makes other attacks such as Close Combat possible to hit harder with than a max Attack Wynaut and also makes you die rather quickly.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Magic Guard
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- High Jump Kick / Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Throat Chop / Roost

This is the most boring standard of these sets. I decided to include it just to show what the most reliable and usual Hawlucha looks like from my experience.

Here's the team I was using these two sets on!
:hawlucha::zeraora::aegislash::reuniclus::kommo-o::ferrothorn:

and here's another team, now sadly banned, that was probably my most successful this month. See if you can spot the theme! Also yes, I always have Kommo-o and Ferrothorn, feel free to ct me. Zeraora is sick and I use it a lot but not always.
:ferrothorn::azelf::kommo-o::landorus-therian::zeraora::mamoswine:

Camove Chaos Update

We had a very very quick suspect test for Acupressure and Magnet Pull. The results of which are here:

:ss/Magnezone: :ss/Maractus:
Banded Body PressClastiaD→luxeAlolan Corviknight OUcautiousabandon
Magnet PullAbstainBanBanBanDo Not Ban
AcupressureBanBanBanBanBan
Magnet Pull has been banned 3-1
Acupressure has been banned 5-0

These were suspected because of the following set:

:ss/Golem-Alola:
Golem-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Shore Up
- Power Trip
- Substitute
- Acupressure

Magnet Pull made it very hard to justify using Steel types. Even with Shed Shell and pivot moves, tricking choice items made Steel types free set up fodder for Golem. Magnezone also used choice items to obliterate Steel types not named Heatran. Even with Acupressure being removed, double dance sets would still make this set unstoppable once it starts going.

Acupressure is the optimal set up move to use when something is trapped, by Magnet Pull or Anchor Shot or any other form of trapping. Hard to stop once it starts going.

Last edited:

zastra

you didn't even notice
is a Tiering Contributor
STABmons Mix and Mega Announcement
:ss/zamazenta::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/zapdos-galar::ss/buzzwole::ss/bewear:

No retreat has been restricted via council voting!
Players (Council)WMARAggrometaileDerpyboiTranquilityZephyr Dragon LordAxzel
VoteNO RESTRICTRESTRICTRESTRICTRESTRICTRESTRICTRESTRICT
FINAL: RESTRICT (~83.33% majority)
It's stupidly broken no need of a reasoning Many of the premier Fighting-types of the tier are powerful wallbreakers despite being weak to -ate speed variants, and many of them also have access to U-turn, allowing them to not even be fully locked after using No Retreat. As such, having an on command omniboost is very problematic in the hands of such threats as Buzzwole, Bewear, Zamazenta, Urshifu-Rapid Strike and Zapdos-Galar.
S/o Zephyr Dragon Lord.
CringeMeta urkerab for implementation, thanks!

PokeAAA Bugs Round-up

Intimidate Counter-abilities Sometimes Don't Activate
An OM Mashups user notified me and Instruct to a bug in PokeAAAbilities which only occurs on the first turn. It appears some abilities have difficulty working on the first turn, most noticeably in the case of Intimidate and Clear Body (replay). We narrowed down the issue to an issue with Pokebilities, as seen in the replay where Metagross is not immune to Landorus-Therian's Intimidate. However, this appears to only affect abilities granted via Pokebilities, and not whatever ability is in the ability slot (seen in this replay with a Clear Body Landorus-Therian). The user who notified us also claimed to have seen the issue with Competitive and Defiant, but no replay was provided and further testing did not show any results.
Edit 1: Bisharp takes intimidate from lando-t and neither inner focus nor defiant activated https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1573974793-fg5n05q18nzvsxk8ky8mfdibsww7558pw
It happens when one side activates Intimidate before the Pokemon on the opponent's side gets its Pokebilities counter-ability added on switch-in (in addition to the ones mentioned here it could likely also occur with Contrary, Mirror Armor, Scrappy etc). I hoped a fix could be accepted for it before the end of the LCotM period but doesn't seem too likely now...

(For the Berserk issue that QY_CS also reported, like Chrome8 and AIPS said, Sheer Force prevents this from activating, and considering that this is a common ability here that also doesn't announce on activation, it seems likely that there isn't a bug involved.)

Mummy Sometimes Doesn't Seem to Activate

(Clasmia reported this, but it seems like the post got deleted from the bug reports thread instead of moved.)

It just didn't show the activation message if both Mummy and the ability it replaced were not real abilities. This was FIXED.

Ice Face Activates Repeatedly
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1567221452-chyfg66slrf7ofp74abo1e4xa81sd6ppw

Something tells me Ice Face + Snow Warning isn't supposed to work like this in PokeAAA, but it does lol.

I would add something else about hail if I had something to say, and maybe if I played more than 2 games before finding this out.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1571501166

There is a bug with Ice Face. When Ice Face is broken under hail with Snow Warning as the ability it will rapidly shift back and forth between Ice Face and No Ice formes several times.
I have not tested this without Snow Warning as the ability, or indeed tested this at all just seen the one replay.
I found a weird interaction with eicue's ability ice face and the ability snow warning
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1573471453-3d2lypnbkfp5sevj6xznoq25dt0gq3ypw
it activates multiple times per turn on turn 4 and 5
The ability got replaced every time it changed formes. This was FIXED.

Traced Primal Weather Never Ends
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1569156260

Primordial sea stays after the user goes away after being traced (Turn 14)
(It could also occur if the source was KO'd.) This was FIXED.

Busted Disguise Removes Other Abilities
I was curious if and how Mimikyu might work in PokeAAAbilities, so I tested it out a bit, and it seems like chosen abilities work as expected while its Disguise is intact, but not after it's busted. Is the Busted form hard-coded to have its ability nullified, or does the additional ability just not carry over to the form change? I just thought it was an interesting interaction.
This was caused similarly to Ice Face and should now be FIXED (Busted keeps its real ability).

POKEAAABILITIES
What is PokeAAAbilities?

PokeAAAbilities is a mashup of Pokebilities and Almost Any Ability, meaning that Pokemon have access to all of their native abilities, plus an ability of their choice, all at the same time!

Council:

:exeggutor-alola: Eggs (Leader)
:Roselia: RICEMAN
:argalis: Binacle Pinnacle
:arbok: Clasmia
:crawdaunt: DuckeryDoodle
:mawile-mega: Byleth

Ruleset and banlist
Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
  • 2 Ability Clause: A player cannot have more than two Pokemon with the same Ability on a team.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • Sleep Moves Clause: Bans all moves that induce sleep, such as Hypnosis.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
Banlist:
  • Alakazam
  • Blacephalon
  • Buzzwole
  • Calyrex-Ice
  • Calyrex-Shadow
  • Cinderace
  • Clefable
  • Conkeldurr
  • Darmanitan-Galar
  • Dialga
  • Dracovish
  • Dracozolt
  • Dragapult
  • Dragonite
  • Eternatus
  • Excadrill
  • Genesect
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kartana
  • Keldeo
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem
  • Kyurem-Black
  • Kyurem-White
  • Landorus-Base
  • Lugia
  • Lunala
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Melmetal
  • Mewtwo
  • Mienshao
  • Naganadel
  • Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
  • Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
  • Noivern
  • Obstagoon
  • Palkia
  • Perrserker
  • Pheromosa
  • Porygon-Z
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Rillaboom
  • Solgaleo
  • Spectrier
  • Tapu Lele
  • Urshifu
  • Victini
  • Weavile
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zacian
  • Zacian-Crowned
  • Zamazenta
  • Zamazenta-Crowned
  • Zapdos-Galar
  • Zekrom
  • Zygarde-Base
The following Pokemon are not useable because they have banned native abilities:
Arena Trap: Diglett, Dugtrio, Trapinch
Moody: Glalie, Octillery, Remoraid, Snorunt
Shadow Tag: Gothita, Gothitelle, Gothorita, Wobbuffet, Wynaut
Wonder Guard: Shedinja

Ninetales-Alola and Vulpix-Alola, while not outright banned, unfortunately have a banned combination of abilities (Snow Warning + Snow Cloak), and are not useable in this tier.
The following abilities are banned and cannot be used.
  • Arena Trap
  • Moody
  • Shadow Tag
  • Wonder Guard
The following abilities are restricted and cannot be selected as the additional ability.
  • Comatose
  • Contrary
  • Fluffy
  • Fur Coat
  • Gorilla Tactics
  • Huge Power
  • Ice Scales
  • Illusion
  • Imposter
  • Innards Out
  • Intrepid Sword
  • Libero
  • Magnet Pull
  • Neutralizing Gas
  • Parental Bond
  • Poison Heal
  • Power Construct
  • Prankster
  • Protean
  • Pure Power
  • Quick Draw
  • Sand Veil
  • Serene Grace
  • Simple
  • Snow Cloak
  • Stakeout
  • Speed Boost
  • Tinted Lens
  • Unburden
  • Water Bubble
The following abilitiy combinations can not be used on the same Pokemon:
  • Desolate Land and Chlorophyll
  • Drizzle and Swift Swim
  • Drought and Chlorophyll
  • Electric Surge and Surge Surfer
  • Primordial Sea and Swift Swim
  • Regenerator and Emergency Exit
  • Regenerator and Multiscale
  • Regenerator and Shadow Shield
  • Regenerator and Wimp Out
  • Sand Stream and Sand Rush
  • Sand Stream and Sand Veil
  • Snow Warning and Slush Rush
  • Snow Warning and Snow Cloak
No more than 2 Pokemon on the same team may have the ability Regenerator.
  • Baton Pass
  • Brightpowder
  • King's Rock
  • Lax Incense
  • Quick Claw
  • Razor Fang
Q. Can you give a Pokemon a second copy of an ability it already has?
A. No. The game will assume you just forgot to give it an ability.

Q. How does 2 Ability Clause work?
A. 2 Ability Clause only applies to the chosen abilities (like in Almost Any Ability). For example, a team with Alakazam, Suicune, and Bisharp does not violate 2 Ability Clause, because although all three Pokemon have Inner Focus, it is not their chosen ability. Note that a special variant of 2 Ability Clause, dubbed 'Regenerator Clause', prevents more than 2 Pokemon on the same team from having Regenerator as either a base or chosen ability. The reasoning for this is explained here.

Q. How do Impostor, Mummy, Neutralizing Gas, Trace, and Wandering Spirit work?
A. Good question, and it depends on if they're the base ability or the chosen ability:
Ability:When used as the Base AbilityWhen used as the Chosen Ability
MummyChanges a random ability, does not work on pivot movesChanges random ability to Mummy
TraceCopies random abilityCopies random ability
Wandering SpiritSwaps random abilitySwaps chosen ability
ImpostorFailsWorks as normal, copies all abilities of target*
Neutralizing GasNegates all abilitiesAllows user's abilities to activate first*
*Impostor and Neutralizing Gas are restricted, so only Ditto and Weezing may choose to run those abilities in their chosen slot.

Q. Why so many complex bans?
A. Much like the Other Metagame Shared Power, combining abilities on the same Pokemon can give us some terrifying results. Every one of these complex bans was selected because they dealt with their respective problems in the most efficient way. For example, neither Primordial Sea or Swift Swim are broken abilities by themselves (Rain teams are definitely viable here, but not overwhelming). However, Primordial Sea Kingdra is a nightmarish win condition that invalidates every other form of speed control and warps the entire metagame around itself. Hence, by banning the combination of Primordial Sea + Swift Swim, Pokemon that use either ability and aren't broken aren't affected, while the actual abusers of the strategy are nerfed properly.

Q. Why is ________ banned?
A. Some of these bans can seem confusing or nonsensical at first, but trust me, there's a good reason for all of them. I've compiled a list of ban reasonings that can be found below:
:blacephalon: Blacephalon: Already banned in AAA, but now it gets Beast Boost.
:buzzwole: Buzzwole: Already banned in AAA, but now it gets Beast Boost.
:clefable: Clefable: The combination of Unaware and Magic Guard makes it nigh-impossible to break through. Combine this with Dauntless Shield to become the best physical wall, utility Pokemon, setup sweeper, and offensive juggernaut in the tier.
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr: Banned in Pokebilities, but here it can run Triage for priority or Toxic Boost for even more absurd power.
:dracozolt: Dracozolt: Banned in Pokebilities, but here it can run various power-boosting abilities as well as No Guard to solve its accuracy issues.
:dragapult: Dragapult: Already banned in AAA, only further buffed by the addition of Clear Body and Infiltrator.
:gengar: Gengar: Already banned in AAA, banned here for the same reasons.
:kartana: Kartana: Do I really need to explain this one?
:mienshao: Mienshao: Reasoning explained here
:noivern: Noivern: Does the exact same thing that it did in AAA, but in a format where Silvally-Electric/Steel can't run Assault Vest.
:obstagoon: Obstagoon: Reasoning explained here
:pangoro: Pangoro: Reasoning explained here Triage has been restricted, so Pangoro has been unbanned
:perrserker: Perrserker: Reasoning explained here in a fantastic post by Don Vascus
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z: Already banned in Pokebilities. We didn't even bother testing this thing in PokeAAA, very clearly busted.
:rillaboom: Rillaboom: Choice Band Tough Claws Rillaboom was the best and most common wallbreaker and revenge killer in the meta. Grassy Glides from this monster would commonly OHKO neutral offensive Pokemon and easily picked off threats who resisted it after some chip. Rillaboom was frankly oppressive, and could even blow through its checks like Corviknight with Superpower and Knock Off after chip.
:tapu bulu: Tapu Bulu: Reasoning explained here Triage has been restricted, so Tapu Bulu has been unbanned
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele: Reasoning explained here
:weavile: Weavile: Already banned in AAA, and did the exact same (oppressive) thing here

Prankster: While at first seeming fairly innocuous, Prankster makes defensive Pokemon like Toxapex, Quagsire, and Blissey into unbreakable monsters. Unlike AAA, where Prankster comes at the opportunity cost of a different ability, these Pokemon have access to Prankster and their already fantastic base abilities at the same time, allowing them to negate their awful speed stats and gain an advantage over any Pokemon that can't solidly 2HKO them.

Regenerator Clause: Before Regenerator Clause was implemented, several teams were made that featured 3-4 Pokemon with Regenerator as a base ability (usually a combination of Slowbro, Toxapex, Tangrowth, Amoonguss, or Tornadus-T) plus two more Pokemon with Regenerator as a chosen ability. These cores were literally unbreakable and could easily lead into an endless battle if two of them fought.

Unburden: There were two devastating types of Unburden sweepers prior to the ban: Terrain and Power Herb. Terrain sweepers (who used the Terrain Seeds) were very easy to fit on teams as a win condition thanks to the lack of opportunity cost to run Terrain Surge abilities. Pokemon like Nihilego and Celesteela could use Power Herb + Meteor Beam to immediately gain +1 SpAtk and +2 Speed while simultaneously firing off a powerful 120 base power move in the process. If Meteor Beam KO'd a Pokemon, Nihilego/Celesteela would get to +2/+2 in a single move.

Resources:
:skarmory: :chansey: :corviknight: :tapu bulu: :toxapex: :quagsire: Double Steel Bird Stall by Byleth
:basculin: :corviknight: :landorus-therian: :tangrowth: :tapu koko: :hydreigon: THE FISH Bulky Offence by Eggs
:mew: :landorus-therian: :blissey: :tapu koko: :crawdaunt: :heracross: Mold Breaker Koko Offence by Clasmia
:pincurchin: :bronzong: :machamp: :trevenant: :gardevoir: :marowak-alola: Trick Room Hyper Offence by RICEMAN
:talonflame: :slowbro: :zapdos: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :crawdaunt: Talonflame Balance by Byleth
:tapu koko: :talonflame: :reuniclus: :hydreigon: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: Magic Guard Spam by The Number Man
PokeAAAbilities Viability Rankings:

S Rank:

:corviknight: Corviknight (Dauntless Shield, Delta Stream, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, Unaware)
:heatran: Heatran (Desolate Land, Levitate, Regenerator, Water Absorb, Mold Breaker)

A+ Rank:
:kommo-o: Kommo-o (Triage, Unburden, Regenerator, Galvanize, Dauntless Shield)
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian (Regenerator, Aerilate)
:reuniclus: Reuniclus (Dauntless Shield, Sheer Force, Stamina)
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko (Primordial Sea, Magic Guard, Adaptability, Refrigerate)
:zapdos: Zapdos (Primordial Sea, Delta Stream)

A Rank:
:alakazam: Alakazam (Psychic Surge, Sheer Force, No Guard)
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn (Flash Fire, Rough Skin, Dauntless Shield)
:garchomp: Garchomp (Regenerator, Magic Bounce)
:slowbro: Slowbro (Dauntless Shield, Magic Bounce, Volt Absorb)
:talonflame: Talonflame (Magic Guard)
:tangrowth: Tangrowth (Dauntless Shield)
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini (Regenerator)

A- Rank:
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt (Primordial Sea, Tough Claws)
:hatterene: Hatterene (Triage, Stamina, Psychic Surge)
:mew: Mew (Dauntless Shield, Magic Guard, Psychic Surge, Magic Bounce)
:slowking: Slowking (Magic Bounce, Volt Absorb)
:tornadus-therian: Tornadus-Therian (Magic Guard, No Guard, Primordial Sea)
:volcarona: Volcarona (Magic Guard, Desolate Land, Turboblaze)
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-Galar (Magic Guard, Regenerator, Adaptability)
:zarude: Zarude (Grassy Surge)
:zeraora: Zeraora (Magic Guard, Tough Claws, Teravolt)

B+ Rank:
:aegislash: Aegislash (Regenerator)
:archeops: Archeops (Magic Guard)
:blissey: Blissey (Magic Bounce, Regenerator)
:bisharp: Bisharp (Mold Breaker, Adaptability)
:chandelure: Chandelure (Levitate, Storm Drain, Desolate Land)
:dhelmise: Dhelmise (Grassy Surge)
:diggersby: Diggersby (Guts, Mold Breaker)
:heracross: Heracross (Quick Feet, Toxic Boost)
:hippowdon: Hippowdon (Dauntless Shield, Magic Bounce, Unaware)
:magnezone: Magnezone (Levitate, Magic Guard, Regenerator, Primordial Sea)
:milotic: Milotic (Intimidate, Dauntless Shield, Magic Bounce)
:salamence: Salamence (Dauntless Shield)
:sigilyph: Sigilyph (Gale Wings, Adaptability, Stamina)
:swampert: Swampert (Regenerator)
:terrakion: Terrakion (Adaptability)
:toxapex: Toxapex (Volt Absorb, Levitate, Magic Bounce, Corrosion, Unaware)
:tyranitar: Tyranitar (Regenerator, Bulletproof)
:zygarde-10%: Zygarde-10% (Adaptability)

B Rank:
:basculin: Basculin (Primordial Sea)
:blaziken: Blaziken (Magic Guard)
:bronzong: Bronzong (Regenerator)
:chansey: Chansey (Regenerator, Unaware)
:hawlucha: Hawlucha (Adaptability, Psychic Surge, Tough Claws)
:heliolisk: Heliolisk (Primordial Sea, Magic Guard)
:hydreigon: Hydreigon (Regenerator, Sheer Force, Magic Bounce, Adaptability)
:indeedee: Indeedee-M (Adaptability)
:lanturn: Lanturn (Regenerator)
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola (Adaptability, Desolate Land, Surge Surfer)
:moltres: Moltres (Magic Guard, Desolate Land)
:quagsire: Quagsire (Dauntless Shield, Regenerator)
:rotom-heat: Rotom-Heat (Desolate Land, Regenerator)
:scizor: Scizor (Adaptability, Flash Fire)
:skarmory: Skarmory (Stamina)
:snorlax: Snorlax (Cheek Pouch, Unaware, Magic Bounce)
:tentacruel: Tentacruel (Primordial Sea)
:togekiss: Togekiss (Triage)
:xurkitree: Xurkitree (Electric Surge, Quick Feet)

B- Rank:
:arcanine: Arcanine (Dauntless Shield, Magic Guard, Desolate Land)
:gastrodon: Gastrodon (Dauntless Shield)
:incineroar: Incineroar (Regenerator)
:lurantis: Lurantis (Grassy Surge)
:machamp: Machamp (Hustle)
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz (Stamina)
:porygon2: Porygon2 (Dauntless Shield, Sticky Hold)
:regieleki: Regieleki (Refrigerate, Electric Surge)
:stakataka: Stakataka (Levitate)
:tsareena: Tsareena (Grassy Surge)

C Rank:
:azumarill: Azumarill (Tough Claws)
:barbaracle: Barbaracle (Super Luck, Dazzling)
:centiskorch: Centiscorch (Magic Guard, Triage)
:cloyster: Cloyster (Regenerator, Technician)
:charizard: Charizard (Desolate Land, Magic Guard)
:doublade: Doublade (Regenerator)
:dragalge: Dragalge (Regenerator, Dragon's Maw)
:gigalith: Gigalith (Regenerator)
:golisopod: Golisopod (Magic Guard)
:goodra: Goodra (Primordial Sea)
:gurdurr: Gurdurr (Toxic Boost)
:luxray: Luxray (Galvanize)
:pikachu: Pikachu (Electric Surge, Refrigerate, Teravolt)
:pyukumuku: Pyukumuku (Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker)
:raichu-alola: Raichu-Alola (Adpatability)
:regidrago: Regidrago (Adaptability, Tough Claws)
:sandaconda: Sandaconda (Water Absorb)
:torkoal: Torkoal (Regenerator, Magic Bounce)
:toxicroak: Toxicroak (Primordial Sea)
/tour new [Gen 8] Pokebilities, Elimination,,,[Gen 8] PokeAAAbilities
/ tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, AAA Restricted Abilities, 2 Ability Clause, !Sleep Clause Mod, Sleep Moves Clause, -Arena Trap, *Comatose, *Contrary, *Fluffy, *Fur Coat, *Gorilla Tactics, *Huge Power, *Ice Scales, *Illusion, *Imposter, *Innards Out, *Intrepid Sword, *Libero, -Moody, *Neutralizing Gas, *Parental Bond, *Poison Heal, *Prankster, *Protean, *Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, *Simple, *Stakeout, *Speed Boost, *Tinted Lens, *Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Blacephalon, -Buzzwole, -Clefable, -Dragapult, -Dragonite, -Kartana, -Kyurem-Base, -Melmetal, -Mienshao, -Noivern, -Obstagoon, -Pangoro, -Perrserker, -Pheromosa, -Rillaboom, -Shedinja, -Tapu Bulu, -Tapu Lele, -Urshifu, -Victini, -Weavile, -Zamazenta-Crowned, -Desolate Land + Chlorophyll, -Drought + Chlorophyll, -Drizzle + Swift Swim, -Electric Surge + Surge Surfer, -Primordial Sea + Swift Swim, -Regenerator + Emergency Exit, -Regenerator + Multiscale, -Regenerator + Shadow Shield, -Regenerator + Wimp Out, -Sand Stream + Sand Rush, -Snow Warning + Slush Rush, -Regenerator > 2
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4

Big thanks to Instruct for helping us simplify the tournament code!
Effective immediately, Clefable, Conkeldurr, and Prankster have been banned, and Pokemon may no longer use Regenerator and Multiscale/Shadow Shield together.
  • :clefable: Clefable is an overwhelmingly centralizing defensive and utility Pokemon that has been the subject of noticeable community backlash. Simultaneous access to Unaware and Magic Guard prevent Clefable from being broken by setup sweepers and passive damage, which are two of its best checks in most formats. For an additional ability, Clefable has numerous excellent options, with the most prominent being Dauntless Shield and Regenerator, both of which make it even harder to take down. Very few Pokemon are able to deal with Clefable; Setup Sweepers with Mold Breaker are generally the best option, but those can simply be switched out on and dealt with by teammates.
  • :conkeldurr: Conkeldurr hits stupidly hard. Guts, Sheer Force, and Iron Fist are all excellent base abilities that greatly increase Conkeldurr's power (Thunder Punch and Ice Punch become 117 base power coverage moves), and on top of that it gets to choose another ability. The two most dangerous abilities are by far Toxic Boost and Triage. Toxic Boost Conkeldurr hits an effective 936 attack once it has been poisoned by a Toxic Orb, and from there it can OHKO or 2HKO every pokemon in the metagame. Triage is quite dangerous as well, as Conkeldurr can easily sweep teams with a +3 priority 90 base power Guts-boosted Drain Punch.
+1 252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 357-420 (89.2 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Thunder Punch (117 base power) vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 300-354 (76.1 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 195-230 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • :sableye: Prankster enables several overwhelming defensive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Quagsire, and Amoonguss. In most AAA formats, Prankster comes at the opportunity cost of not running other key defensive abilities like Unaware and Regenerator, an opportunity cost not present in this format due to Pokebilities. Prankster severely limits counterplay to its users, as their normal weakness of speed has been removed. Standard counterplay like 2HKOing these mons with a faster wallbreaker is not possible with Prankster recovery moves, and having priority utility moves also lets these Pokemon be more disruptive to the opposing team.
  • :lunala: The combination of Regenerator and Shadow Shield is incredibly overwhelming, and makes defensive Pokemon with Regenerator (Toxapex, Reuniclus, Slowbro, etc.) incredibly hard to take down. All of these Pokemon become nigh-unkillable with the combination, and with Heavy Duty Boots or Magic Guard to ignore chip and hazard damage, they become even more unkillable.

Additionally, here is a list of things the council will be looking into in the future:
  • Toxapex: While the Prankster ban may keep it under control, Toxapex still has plenty of excellent options available (Mold Breaker, Volt Absorb, Magic Bounce, etc.) that let it wall a significant portion of the metagame.
  • Regenerator Cores: While 2 Ability Clause prevents you from giving Regenerator to more than 2 Pokemon per team, it does not apply to Pokemon who natively have Regenerator. As a result of this, many teams have been seen running upwards of 4 Regenerator Pokemon, who can easily shrug off damage while forming both potent defensive and offensive cores. Depending on how things go, we may end up limiting the number of Regenerator mons useable on a team.
  • Tapu Lele: This mon hits stupidly hard. Psychic and Moonblast blow through anything lacking a 4x resistance, and Focus Blast rounds out its coverage nicely. However, it's limited by its poor bulk and reliance on prediction to deal damage.
  • Reuniclus: Magic Guard and Regenerator is a potent ability combination, allowing Reuniclus to make use of abilities like Sheer Force and Psychic Surge (as well as being the primary user of the now-banned Shadow Shield).

4/21/21: Perrserker, Pangoro, Tapu Lele, Zamazenta-Crowned, Hypnosis, Sing and Sleep Powder banned; Keldeo and Zeraora unbanned; Regenerator limited to 2 Pokemon per team

6/29/21: Rillaboom and Blacephalon banned

4/30/22: Massive overhaul following the Tournament Code fix and the LCOTM announcement. Changes include new sample teams, removal of outdated samples, VR update, and several bans listed below.
Bans: Magnet Pull, Noivern, Weavile, Regenerator + Emergency Exit / Wimp Out.

Thanks everyone for reading, and we hope you enjoy PokeAAAbilities!
It shows that impostor is banned as an additional ability. Yet when I sent out my Ditto, it didn't activate at all. Cost me the match. By the mechanics and banlist of the mashup, Ditto should transform upon being sent in and its other abilities (limber and your extra ability) should only be pertinent if sent in against a substitute (or outright in the case of magic guard protecting against stealth rocks and spikes, or levitate against sticky webs). Yet my Ditto simply sat there. Here's the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1586136823-1kqau262v5h0ywgot1j3ivrpl0rq6eqpw

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
It shows that impostor is banned as an additional ability. Yet when I sent out my Ditto, it didn't activate at all. Cost me the match. By the mechanics and banlist of the mashup, Ditto should transform upon being sent in and its other abilities (limber and your extra ability) should only be pertinent if sent in against a substitute (or outright in the case of magic guard protecting against stealth rocks and spikes, or levitate against sticky webs). Yet my Ditto simply sat there. Here's the replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pokebilitiesaaa-1586136823-1kqau262v5h0ywgot1j3ivrpl0rq6eqpw
This is not a function of the banlist, but a technical issue. Do not give your Ditto an additional ability, as it causes problems. This has been known for awhile, and I do not believe it is going to be fixed any time soon.

It's regrettable, but Ditto is still good, so we make the best of it.

Posting something for 3 Mashups (STABmons Doubles, LC STABmons, LC Camomons)

First, its from STABmons Doubles
I'm gonna post my current thoughts on the some things HeatEdgeSword had on the radar before he left
:ss/tapu lele:
Currently, I find this manageable. Yes, Expanding Force is strong and it is a multi-hit move, but STABmons Doubles has enough tools to deal with it imo. Specs/Life Orb are harder to used than the standard bulky Sitrus Berry set due to the set's lack of bulk, and this is very big as not only it makes Lele easier to revenge killed by faster pokemon such as Urshifu-R, it also makes it harder to maintain its terrain against Tapu Fini or Rillaboom.

:ss/genesect:
I'm still in the mixed bag between Genesect and Rage Powder, though i'm slightly leaning towards Genesect. From Rage Powder's side, i tried to used a different users apart from Genesect and find that most of them are just very ehh... primarily due to their Bug-Typing, and even Amoonguss is a far superior Rage Powder user than most of Bug-types.

Next is something i want to share:
:ss/lickilicky::ss/greedent::ss/munchlax:
Extreme Speed is legal and I don't see it as problematic nor have plans of banning it currently. Diggersby is meh overall, yes Huge Power Espeed is strong, but most of the stuff it attempts to revenge kill tend to have Protect, which punishes it considering it is also frail. Even Incineroar can possibly messed up Diggersby due to Intimidate. If you want to used an offensive Extreme Speed user, your best option will be the native Belly Drum users. Lickilicky is one of them and it has access to Oblivious, which grants immunity to Taunt and Intimidate. Normally, I was only going to mentioned Lickilicky, but I included Greedent and even Munchlax for their nearly-similar statline compared to Lickilicky and they all used the same 4 moves in Belly Drum, Extreme Speed, Stomping Tantrum and Protect. Snorlax was banned from STABmons Doubles due to combination of Belly Drum and Extreme Speed.

Second, its from LC STABmons
:ss/wynaut:
Wynaut (or rather Shadow Tag) was banned last gen due its ability to easily set-up +6 Calm Mind/Barrier by virtue of trapping its desired target and becomes nearly unkillable. In this generation, Barrier was dexited and some of its previous target are no longer threatened by Wynaut that much, this includes Mareanie (who gains Flip Turn), Koffing (Neutralizing Gas nullifies Shadow Tag), Abra (Shadow Ball is its main coverage option unlike before where its garbage outside of hitting Wynaut + Shed Shell Abra is a legit viable set), and Diglett (Final Gambit is a common move on it). However, Cosmic Power sets can still posed a near-similar threat in a same way as Barrier and Vullaby's departures greatly reduces Dark-Types in this mashup, being limited to only Pawniard and Carvanha for the most part. Ferroseed-based teams, in particular, will very likely don't have a Dark-type on their team. Currently, I'm still monitoring Wynaut's action whether its still broken or not (though i'm slightly leaning towards broken).

:ss/porygon:
Porygon is quickbanned from LC STABmons. There's no announcement about this in this thread and i have been shadowbanned it for several months. To simply put, +1 Boomburst is very difficult to switch into and Porygon is consistent at getting a Special Attack boost, and even it didn't grab the right boost, its still a fairly strong move. Porygon rarely clicks anything but Boomburst as it hits harder than a super effective Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam (It even hits slightly harder than Ice Beam against Ferroseed).

Last, its from LC Camomons

Preliminary Viability Ranking
S Tier
:mienfoo: Mienfoo [
Fighting
/
Bug
] [
Fighting
/
Flying
]

A+ Tier
:abra: Abra [
Psychic
/
Ghost
] [
Ghost
/
Fighting
]
:diglett: Diglett [
Ground
/
Flying
]
:grookey: Grookey [
Grass
/
Dark
] [
Grass
/
Fighting
]
:porygon: Porygon [
Ghost
/
Electric
] [
Electric
/
Ice
]

A Tier
:koffing: Koffing [
Poison
/
Electric
]
:mareanie: Mareanie [
Water
/
Poison
]
:pawniard: Pawniard [
Steel
/
Dark
]
:staryu: Staryu [
Water
/
Electric
] [
Water
] [
Water
/
Fighting
]

A- Tier
:carvanha: Carvanha [
Water
/
Dark
]
:foongus: Foongus [
Grass
/
Poison
]
:mudbray: Mudbray [
Ground
/
Steel
]
:ponyta: Ponyta [
Fire
/
Electric
] [
Fire
/
Ground
] [
Steel
/
Fighting
]

B+ Tier
:dratini: Dratini [
Normal
]
:farfetch Farfetch'd-Galar [
Fighting
/
Flying
]
:frillish: Frillish [
Water
/
Fighting
]
:magnemite: Magnemite [
Electric
/
Steel
]
:natu: Natu [
Fire
/
Flying
]
:treecko: Treecko [
Flying
/
Fighting
]
:tyrunt: Tyrunt [
Psychic
/
Fighting
] [
Steel
/
Fighting
] [
Psychic
/
Fighting
] [
Fighting
/
Fighting
]

B Tier
:dwebble: Dwebble [
Ghost
/
Dark
]
:bunnelby: Bunnelby [
Ground
/
Rock
] [
Ground
/
Bug
]
:charmander: Charmander [
Fire
/
Ghost
]
:onix: Onix [
Rock
/
Ground
] [
Fighting
/
Dragon
]
:ponyta-galar: Ponyta-Galar [
Psychic
]
:trapinch: Trapinch [
Ground
/
Bug
] [
Ground
/
Fighting
]
:vulpix: Vulpix [
Fire
/
Grass
]

B- Tier
:archen: Archen [
Ground
/
Flying
]
:magby: Magby [
Fire
/
Fighting
]
:munchlax: Munchlax [
Normal
] [
Poison
/
Dark
]
:slowpoke: Slowpoke [
Water
/
Poison
]

C Tier
:amaura: Amaura [
Ice
/
Ground
]
:clauncher: Clauncher [
Dragon
/
Fighting
]
:cufant: Cufant [
Steel
/
Fighting
]
:corphish: Corphish [
Water
/
Dark
]
:meowth-galar: Meowth-Galar [
Steel
/
Fighting
]
:minccino: Minccino [
Ice
/
Dark
]
:omanyte: Omanyte [
Water
/
Ground
]
:shellder: Shellder [
Water
/
Rock
]
:spritzee: Spritzee [
Fighting
/
Electric
]
:wynaut: Wynaut [
Normal
/
Ghost
] [
Psychic
/
Fighting
]
My Personal Viability Ranking is transitioning to a Preliminary Viability Ranking, make sure to check the Camomons Little Cup section here. The C Tier and C- Tier have been merged

Changes:
:carvanha: B+ to A-
:treecko: C to B+
:natu: UR to B+
:dwebble: B- to B
:ponyta-galar: B+ to B
:trapinch: B+ to B
:archen: B to B-
:meowth-galar: UR to C

Notable mention:

:ss/treecko:
Boy, was i wrong putting this in C tier. Despite its middling Attack stat, Treecko (or mini-Hawlucha) is one of the best sweepers in this mashup. It wasn't exclusive on screens HO like i initially thought, and can be used just fine outside of it. While Screens is still a great help, the Defense boost from Grassy Seed is sufficient enough for Treecko to get a Swords Dance boost against physical attackers as it can afford tanking at least one hit from them, and there are few ones where Treecko gets a Swords Dance boost for free, such as against Trapinch, Mienfoo and opposing Grookey without Acrobatics. I was initially going to rise it to B-, but i can confidently rised it all the way to B+.

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg
Hi everyone, Eggs here with two big PokeAAAbilities announcements:

PokeAAAbilities will now be implementing a 'true' 2 Abilities Clause!

Previously, Regenerator was restricted to only 2 Pokemon per team due to it's overwhelming grasp on the metagame when 4-6 Pokemon on a team could run Regenerator. At the time, our initial solution was to implement a 'true' 2 Abilities Clause that would work similarly to AAA, however this was impossible at the time due to tournament code limitations and Pokebilities's jank difficult nature. Because of this, Regenerator Clause was implemented to address the actual issue while remaining feasible to code. Recently, UT brought up their beef with Regenerator Clause, and it got me thinking about implementing 2AC in PokeAAAbilities once again. Thanks to the changes made by Instruct when they singlehandedly saved the format, it is now possible to implement a true 2 Ability Clause into PokeAAAbilities: one that checks for both native and AAA abilities. Because of this, the council has decided to repeal Regenerator Clause and move over to our new 2 Ability Clause! The new code can be found here.

Also, Reuniclus is banned!
:ss/reuniclus:
Reuniclus has been among the best Pokemon in the metagame for a long time, thanks to access to Magic Guard and Regenerator as base abilities. Reuniclus's physically defensive Calm Mind set is arguably the best win condition in the metagame, thanks to the defense boost of either Stamina or Dauntless Shield, and can run Stored Power to simply blow through anything trying to sit on it. More offensive sets featuring Sheer Force and Psychic Surge are equally devastating, giving it insane breaking power, especially on Offensive Trick Room sets or teams. Recently, the bans of the tier's most powerful wallbreakers (Alakazam, Zapdos-Galar, and Obstagoon) have made Reuniclus even more dangerous, as even fewer Pokemon can break through it. Because of this, Reuniclus is now banned.

Before I go, I just wanted to thank everyone for playing and enjoying PokeAAAbilities during its month in the spotlight. A year ago, if you told me PokeAAAbilities would become LCOTM and get 77k battles over the month, I'd be mildly annoyed due to its removal from Showdown! a month prior. Today, I'm just grateful to see my favorite format rise from obscurity and be enjoyed by others.

Thanks for playing!
Eggs and the rest of the PokeAAAbilities Council

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Thanks to the changes made by Instruct when they singlehandedly saved the format, it is now possible to implement a true 2 Ability Clause into PokeAAAbilities: one that checks for both native and AAA abilities.
If i implement this can I be the beneficiary of your life insurance policy?

Regardless, glad I was able to experience this tier firsthand, for better or for worse of the player base around me.

Unfortunately, I don’t have cool things to showcase but Trick Room is a hella fun archetype with shit like Adapt Rock Head Marowak-A, Tough Claws adapt Crawdaunt, and steelworker Staka. There’s a lot of flexibility you have for breakers that if you have a low enough speed stat or take advantage of Slow Start’s debuffs you can make it work, try it out sometime!

Last edited:
Noticed Hydreigon namedropped a few times in the thread but no posts, and this set I used all month may explain my initial confusion at the Reuniclus ban.

:Hydreigon: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Dropless Draco Meteors and something approximating special Wicked Blow. The only Pokemon switching in on you are Fairies and pink blobs, which is why U-turn and any of the many (many) Guts breakers are there. Third move is basically filler, unless someone who knows more about Pokemon can define a more optimal choice. By and large this has been the most reliable breaker for me.

Clas

My death was... greatly exaggerated
is a Tiering Contributor
Third move is basically filler, unless someone who knows more about Pokemon can define a more optimal choice.
Honestly this is mostly team reliant, but the choice should always be between Flamethrower and Earth Power. Flamethrower hits Ferrothorn, Scizor, Corviknight and Zarude, while Earth Power hits Tapu Koko, Heatran, Toxapex, Tentacruel and Blaziken. Flash Cannon seems useful at first, but hits no notable threats for Super Effective damage.

Camove Chaos Update

:ss/Chansey::ss/Comfey::ss/Cresselia::ss/Calyrex-ice::ss/Greninja-Ash::ss/Lycanroc-Dusk::ss/Regieleki:
A lot of things were being too centralizing in Camove Chaos. I looked to our community about what to suspect and brought the following votes to the council.

Banded Body PressClastiaD→luxe
ChanseyDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not Ban
ComfeyBanBanAbstain
CresseliaBanBanDo Not Ban
Glacial LanceBanBanBan
GreninjaDo Not BanDo Not BanDo Not Ban
Lycanroc-DuskBanDo Not BanDo Not Ban
RegielekiBanBanAbstain

Comfey has been banned 2-0, Cresselia has been banned 2-1, Glacial Lance has been banned 3-0, and Regieleki has been banned 2-0.

:Comfey: Comfey was banned due to strong priority and the ease it had setting up, which would often beat unprepared teams. It was checked by Tapu Lele and countered by Chansey, except that the most common Chansey set to counter Comfey has Spectral Theif, which is ignored by normal type Comfey. In short, Comfey requires too specific of circumstances to reliably beat.
Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Judgment/Earth Power
- Oblivion Wing
- Nasty Plot
- Blue Flare/Parabolic Charge

:Cresselia: Cresselia was first introduced to the metagame as a reliable switch-in to Regieleki and Comfey. It was soon realized that Cresselia was extremely hard to break, even with very little investment.
Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate/Heavy Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Doom Desire/Lava Plume/Scald
- Volt Switch/Flip Turn/Lava Plume/Scald/U-Turn/Nuzzle/Spectral Thief/Use your imagination
- Rapid Spin/Defog/Beak Blast
- Stealth Rock/Spikes

:Calyrex-Ice: Glacial Lance is a very good move, and with the combination of it and Bolt Strike, it gave fast physical attacker a STAB physical Bolt Beam (or Bolt Lance, as it was nicknamed). It was also a very easy choice for a large amount of damage as a coverage move.

:Regieleki: A very emotional farewell to the mascot of Camove, but it had to happen. Regieleki is designed around having a small movepool, so Camove giving it the biggest movepool possible made it very very strong. It was predetermined that Regieleki would leave at the same time as Cresselia, as these two have a codependent relationship in which they justify each other's existence.
Oops! All STAB (maybe) (Regieleki) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Volt Switch/Flip Turn
- Freeze-Dry

Standard Eleki (Regieleki) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Glacial Lance/Pyro Ball
- Pyro Ball/Close Combat/Precipice Blades
- Flip Turn/Parting Shot

Speleki (Regieleki) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Water Spout/Blue Flare/Eruption
- Volt Switch
- Blue Flare/Eruption/Earth Power

Code and VR will be updated soon.

Last edited:
Dumping a bunch of Mix and Mega LC teams.

Disclaimer: I'm not submitting all of these as Sample Team, as most of these teams aren't tested, and its not mandatory to build full 6 megas

:ss/bronzor::ss/sandshrew-alola::ss/frillish::ss/porygon::ss/solosis::ss/cubone:
This is one of few team i tested the most. I initially wanted to build a team around Heracronite A-shrew last gen, but found out Ice Shard is a LGPE exclusive move... . This team initially had a Baltoy as a suicide lead on this team, but was replaced by Bronzor as this team doesn't necessarily need removal. Bronzor is still Sash despite its bulk in order to tank some super-effective moves and its Steel-typing grants it resistance to most forms of multi-hit moves. Heracronite Sandshrew-Alola is the main star of this team, Swords Dance is unnecessary as unboosted Icicle Spear destroys everything already, SD's main usage is to allow Sandshrew-Alola to possibly sweep after Trick Room ends with +2 Ice Shard. Cameruptite Frillish is a bulky setter with good offensive combo combine with Sheer Force. Porygon is another bulky setter and getting a right boost is all it needs to sweep on its own under Trick Room. Since Frillish is taking Cameruptite slot, Porygon is running Eviolite instead, and it makes it hard to 1HKO without a Fight STAB, as it survives 1 hit from almost anything, including...
236 Atk Technician Scyther Dual Wingbeat (2 hits) vs. 156 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Porygon: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- approx. 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9)

236 Atk Scyther Brick Break vs. 156 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Porygon: 10-14 (40 - 56%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (10, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 14)

252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Triple Axel (3 hits) vs. 156 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Porygon: 18-25 (72 - 100%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO ( needs 3 high roll each to 1HKO)

236+ Atk Adaptability Carvanha @ Lucarionite Liquidation vs. 156 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Porygon: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (14, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

236+ SpA Mega Launcher Carvanha @ Blastoisinite Dark Pulse vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 15-18 (60 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

236 Atk Tough Claws Ponyta @ Metagrossite Flare Blitz vs. 156 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Porygon: 15-18 (60 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

236 SpA Abra @ Diancite Psychic vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 12-15 (48 - 60%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 15)
No LC Trick Room team is completed without Solosis, Magic Guard Focus Sash is crucial for this team to get a guaranteed Trick Room up. Last is filled with Cubone and nothing frail is surviving a Thick Club boosted move unless they resist all its moves and it has some physical bulk to make Zig's job harder.

:ss/purrloin::ss/omanyte::ss/chinchou::ss/mantyke::ss/arrokuda::ss/scyther:
Attempted to build a different weather team to abuse the lack of Orbs, as well as showcasing Speed being one of the most important stats. Since Rain has no auto-setters in Drizzle, they had to resort to using manual setter, and among those, Riolu and Purrloin are the best setter thanks to having Prankster as the base ability. I chose Purrloin as the setter due to its access to Taunt and U-turn. Next is bunch of Swift Swimmers including Swampertite Chinchou, which i chose it for its Electric STAB. 3 of them were running both Hydro Pump and Surf, with the latter being used for consitency, and it has enough power to plow through frail mons

196 SpA Omanyte Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sneasel in Rain: 19-24 (86.3 - 109%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24)
Who needs Shell Smash when rain-boosted Water STAB drowns through stuff.

Scyther is used here to not get run over by Grookey, and its lucky for it to learn Rain Dance, functioning as a secondary setter.

:ss/hippopotas::ss/drilbur::ss/sandshrew::ss/tangela::ss/trapinch::ss/silicobra:
Another weather team, this time with Sand. Due to lack of pivot, this team uses an Eject Button user to bring the sand abusers in safely. Both Sandshrew and Drilbur run +Speed nature to reach a certain benchmark, in Sandshrew's case, it outspeeds every megas up to Diancite Elekid/Diglett and in Drilbur's case, outspeeds Scarf Scyther. Tangela is the Eject Button user and it pairs well with Regenerator, it also cover some Water-types and Grass-types for this team. Trapinch's purpose in this team is to trap and smack Sneasel and Grookey with First Impression, don't mega evolved on the very first turn as Arena Trap is far more useful than gaining stats. It will only Mega Evolve when it attempts to snipe Carvanha with a Pixilate Feint. Silicobra is only a sack mon on this team, you can easily replace it with Steelixite Mudbray if you're looking for another Sand abuser.

:ss/munchlax::ss/tangela::ss/mudbray::ss/magnemite::ss/staryu::ss/scyther:
This is the closest one to a bulkier team i could build, these tank mon in Munchlax/Tangela and Mudbray aren't chansey/blissey level of bulk against special attackers. Munchlax runs Double Edge to reach certain 1HKOs that Body Slam cannot, and if they failed KOing Lax, they'll likely get blown over by it. SturdyJuice Mag is an emergency check to some sweeper and its paired with 2 removal to keep its Sturdy intact.

:ss/bronzor::ss/corsola-galar::ss/zigzagoon::ss/dwebble::ss/swirlix::ss/cottonee:
This is a pretty bad screens team. I picked Bronzor as Screen setter because i felt Natu and Vulpix won't have enough bulk to tank, and their speed isn't good here. Cottonee is used here just to get a priority Memento off. Zigzagoon runs Berry Juice over Alt/Pins as it needs that heal to get a Bdrum off, because even with Screen/Memento, mons can still deal 50% against it. Dwebble just cheeses through some offensive or some HO with StrudyJuice if kept at full. HP is reduced so that it procs Berry Juice after 2 Stealth Rock damage. Swirlix is a great sweeper when given a chance to safely set-up, it runs Protect to avoid Fake Out. IDCM Corsola-Galar is a crit-me-not sweeper with an RNG Ability in Cursed Body, with a high 30% activation rate compare to critical hit's 4% chance (take a shot every time Corsola-G procs Cursed Body first before a single crit happens), and watch as Carvanha and non-SD Sneasel losing their only 1 Dark STAB and have some difficulty breaking through afterwards due to Cursed Body.

:ss/onix::ss/grookey::ss/meowth::ss/zigzagoon::ss/mienfoo::ss/buneary:
Another bad team around spamming priority. Grookey runs Fake Out to get the chip damage it needs for Grassy Glide to KO. I used Meowth because its main niche from regular LC is that its only good when its facing some HO teams, though in this format its gonna struggle revenge killing due to Mega Stone's defense boost. Next is Zigzagoon, it runs Work Up as a attempt to fix its issues regarding its power. Mienfoo is another Fake Out Feint user. Buneary isn't as good as it was last gen due to losing Return and Jump Kick, but i still picked it as a decent speed control without using Priority.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Godly Power Announcement!

:ss/Heatran: Heatran has been unbanned!
As of the late tiering decisions made in this tier, the council has unanimously unbanned Heatran from Godly Power! With many of its usual partners like Eternatus, Kartana, and Fluffy banned, Heatran should be a lot more manageable and killable compared to when it was first ejected way back when this tier just got off the ground. This Pokemon is worth giving a second chance as both an offensive and defensive option on various teams, but be warned as due to this menace's comeback, Fighting coverage will be as important as ever because there is no way to be immune to it compared to levitate.

:ss/crawdaunt: Crawdaunt has been officially banned!
With Crawdaunt's recent banning in Godly Gift, the council has unanimously decided to ban it as well. It was part of the extremely infamous offense core of Lele + Kart + Daunt, with Kartana ebeing up being banned a while ago. It provided an extremely hard hitting knock off and gave the rest of the team Adaptability, which left a massive influence on the rest of the team to hit even harder. All in all, It is really hard to switch in to, and giving it speed made it harder to revenge kill which is why its making its leave, try out Basclulin if you need a water type.

Also, a big thanks to Byleth, who has just recently left the council. Thanks for the work you've done on this tier!

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
With the introduction of Re-evolution as a new metagame I would like to do some theorymonning for the potential mashups!

ReAAAvolution
There are a couple Pokemon that are already insane in Re-evolution with trash / pretty neutral abilities. Let's go over them here!

:ss/golisopod:
125/215/240/100/150/1
Golisopod @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation

Golisopod has INSANE stats. This is far from its only potential set, but it's the easiest and most obvious. With a +3 priority STAB Leech Life com and no Emergency Exit holding it back this thing seems likely to be quickly banned. But wait! Noivern holds it back right?

:ss/noivern:
130/110/125/149/120/191
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Roost

This or a Specs set (or run Defog on here if you like) makes Noivern an insane wallbreaker, utility Pokemon, Speed Control, and surprisingly fat tank all at once. Imagine the AAA set that got banned and just kick it up like 3 notches. Another insane mon which I cannot imagine will make it past the initial slate of QBs but is fun to theorymon.

ReCAP
This meta I actually played so it's not just theorymon :o
Here's the team I used in the tour we had
:astrolotl::colossoil::tomohawk::voodoom::syclant::necturna:

:ss/krilowatt:
251/125/113/123/114/145
Krilowatt may have no recovery besides Rest, but it really doesn't need it. It's insanely bulky on both sides of the spectrum without sacrificing offensive potential. It's just absurd This was quickbanned from the tour we had with no regrets.

:astrolotl:
148/168/114/112/104/144
Astrolotl @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Lash
- Taunt

The physical movepool is meh, but Astrolotl was on a lot of teams in the tour and seemed to be an excellent lead and glue mon. It checks Frosmoth well and is just annoying and more bulky than you'd think thanks to its good HP.

:ss/tomohawk:
155/25/100/210/90/130
Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Aura Sphere
- Hurricane

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Aura Sphere
- Nature Power
- Roost

Tomohawk is both super bulky and super strong here. This is a Pokemon with an absurd amount of flexibility thanks to having an absurd 210 base SpA stat, excellent mixed bulk thanks to having 155 HP, and decent Speed. It won't do everything at once but it has many things it can do. Want an offensive rain setter? Use Prankster Hurricane Tomohawk! Defensive Prankster Hazer? You got it! The main things it's missing out on are pivoting and a truly great Speed tier, which in my mind is enough to keep it balanced for now.

:ss/syclant:
100/156/95/154/89/151
Syclant @ Choice Band
Ability: Mountaineer
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Another flexible mon, this time just on the offensive side. However a notable calc:
252 Atk Choice Band Syclant Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 372-444 (92.7 - 110.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Choice Band provides the opportunity to revenge or avoid being revenged by Noivern, which outspeeds Syclant by quite a bit. Life Orb is another potential set, which gives more flexibility with changing moves or going mixed and can make room for Spikes or Swords Dance. Syclant hits hard, hits fast, and dies if something touches it. Ice Glass cannon if ever I saw one, but good at doing it.

STAB Re-Evo

:ss/gourgeist-super:
111/134/174/72/95/67
Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Strength Sap
- Grav Apple
- Spectral Thief
- Will-O-Wisp

Gourgeist-Super is kinda slept on in STABmons honestly. Not that it's amazing or anything but it's got its niche. And now it's way fat. Getting Strength Sap fixes Gourgeist's biggest issue of low PP recovery. Now its main issue is the fact that Urshifu-Single-Strike isn't banned from Re-Evo and it's trying to wall it o_O. But none of the other walls do that either so I won't fuss.

:ss/sylveon:
135/75/80/175/195/65
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Boomburst go BOOM. 175 SpA go BOOM. Pixilate go BOOM. Yeah not much to say here. BOOM. It's slow but it goes BOOM.

Camove Chaos Update

:ss/Latias::ss/Tapu Lele::ss/Latios:
Camove Chaos has identified some changes we'd be comfortable in testing out. Tapu Lele and the Lati twins are being on the chopping block for staying or going. In the case of the Lati twins, they're more Pokémon potentially returning after having their bans carried over from Camomons. Tapu Lele is a strong Psychic type heavily benefiting from access to new powerful Psychic special attacking options like Psystrike and Expanding Force.

These Pokemon are going to be available for use in tournaments until the Camove Chaos council feels firmly about the individual Pokémon becoming/remaining banned or unbanned. Have fun!

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hello everyone, I am here with two Ultra Mix announcements!!

First of all, everyone please welcome The Dragon Master to the council

Second, Ultra Mix is Suspecting Butterfree

Butterfree has been complained about and said to be broken multiple times, so the council has decided to suspect it. For this suspect people will need to win 2 (Two) tours to be able to participate in voting.

Camove Chaos Update

:ss/Latias::ss/Tapu Lele::ss/Latios::ss/Serperior:

Banded Body PressClastiaD→luxecautiousabandon
Tapu LeleBanBanBanAbstain
LatiosUnbanUnbanUnbanAbstain
LatiasUnbanUnbanUnbanUnban

:Tapu Lele: Tapu Lele is banned due to its consistently game defining speed and power with choice items. When scarfed, it can outspeed everything aside from Deoxys Speed. Specs can Expanding Force or Psystrike through Chansey. Even agaisnt Dark types, Lele commonly carries Fighting or Fairy STAB.

:Latias::Latios: These were initially banned due to Camove Chaos being derived from Camomons. They were considered to be unbanned due to a defensive power vacuum involving Levitate from Cresselia's ban. We found Latias to be useful, and Latios received no play.

:Serperior: Serperior was not put up for an official vote, but the council agreed on its centralizing power being too much for Camove. Its Fairy/Normal set involving Fleur Cannon and Substitute made it immune to Topsy Turvy and Spectral Thief, which had been used by Chansey to counter it up to that point. It also had very easy excuse to run coverage, commonly Overheat, Earth Power, or Oblivion Wing.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
Godly Power Update
:choice band: :ss/Darmanitan-Galar: :choice band:
Gorilla Tactics is unanimously banned! Due to the lack of defensive options in the tier, Darmanitan-Galar teams have skyrocketed as a result. Even with its choice locking restriction, players were able to adapt and abuse its 1.5x Attack bonus to make switchins unavailable for some pokemon, such as CB Rillaboom being able to 2HKO SpD Corviknight from full, and even Technician Adapt Tough Claws Salamence needing only 1 hit to kill steel types with dual wingbeat. The only way to safely beat gdarm teams were faster, more offensive threats, but Chrome8 also retaliated with Scrappy Espeed Linoone. Stay tuned for resources, and for what breaks the tier next time! (To those playing in OM Madness r2, please please gentlemen into not bringing gtatics, thanks.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)