Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

There were quite a few. But what about the save states? I don´t wanna lose my mons! And I tried to go to the nintendo e-shop, but it still showed the price. :-(

NEED HELP! I AM DESPERATE!

My old New 3ds broke. So today I bought new. I have most of my games (including my pokemon) on sd card. So I took my old SD card with games, popped it into the new system and started. It asked me for a few questions (time, date,...). When I was done, there was no game on home screen. All my games gone! So I put the sd card out and into pc. There I copied the Nintendo 3ds folder. Next I tried to copy it back. Put the card back into the console, nothing.
I did an SD card swap before and it worked fine (tough it was on the same system, just changed the sd card for one with more space). I still had that old folder, so I copied it instead the current one. Again, didn´t work. So I wanted to copy the current one back. It told me I don´t have enough space on my SD card. What??? I then deleted the New 3ds folder from SD card and tried again. And again, it said that I don´t have space! Are all my games lost? I had most of my events there. Is there any way I can rescue those games?
For clarification, I have two "Nintendo 3ds" folders in my pc. One is the old one when I changed the sd card for new one. It is the one that is on my sd card now.
The second one is from the sd card just after the change of consoles. When I try to put in on sd card, it says I don´t have enough space.
Yeah, I tried that before and it didn't work. I ended up transferring the data of my old 3DS to my New 3DS XL after buying a larger micro SD card for it. I'd recommend doing that if you can boot up your old New 3DS and get to the system settings.

Otherwise you may very well be out of luck.
Games you bought can be redownloaded freely as far as I know. Was there that many games on the cart?
Only if it recognizes your Nintendo Network ID, since that's what keeps track of your purchase history. (so the eshop knows you bought the titles before and thus won't charge you again)

Last edited:
Siria You could try calling Nintendo customer support. Is it possible for them to unlink your NNID from the old 3DS so you can link it to your new 3DS?

Siria You could try calling Nintendo customer support. Is it possible for them to unlink your NNID from the old 3DS so you can link it to your new 3DS?
My old 3ds is completely busted, so I can´t do System Transfer. I managed to mail to nintendo support of my country, and they replied that it is possible for them to unlink my old system and link my sd card to this new console. I send them needed data (the system ID, my NNID, birth date and at least two downloaded and activated games) and asked about the save files of the games, and we´ll see if it´s possible to restore them. At worst, I will be able to redownload the games for free.

Oh, and about that space problem I mentioned earlier, how I can´t copy my Nintendo 3ds file from comp anymore? Funny story that, I found out that I accidentaly copied it before to the DCIM folder. Well, no wonder there was no space! Well, anyhow I hope the problem will be solved soon.

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but if I were to do a Let’s Play thread based on interaction with other forum members, would anybody be interested in reading it? It would be a silly romp through a main series game.

Forum members could choose my player name, team, nicknames, rival name, what routes I could sidetrack to, if I should skip trainers or not, do musicals/contests, etc.

Not quite a “simple” question, but I wanted to gauge interest before I go and create a thread that might be locked. Also, it wouldn’t be super screenshot-based as I wouldn’t be emulating whatever game I choose.

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but if I were to do a Let’s Play thread based on interaction with other forum members, would anybody be interested in reading it? It would be a silly romp through a main series game.

Forum members could choose my player name, team, nicknames, rival name, what routes I could sidetrack to, if I should skip trainers or not, do musicals/contests, etc.

Not quite a “simple” question, but I wanted to gauge interest before I go and create a thread that might be locked. Also, it wouldn’t be super screenshot-based as I wouldn’t be emulating whatever game I choose.
I remember I have hosted such rooms on PS, we called them guided playthroughs (though ours were a little bit more linear, we voted on everyone's stuff when the time came, as opposed to in the beginning). Those were really fun but may be too reliant on live polls and active userbase (we had problems gathering users to be active) so if you are gonna make your decisions based on poll results, you might need a live chat like a Discord server (PS groupchats no longer support polls due to inexistance of staff ranks in there) if you go more linear with decisions, since there are a lot of decisions for game cartridges. In order to answer your question, though, I'd be definitely interested in being involved, if not even participate at some point with my own game, but I think it's best to see if Mods approve of such let's play threads here on first place.

If you are gonna be more restrictive in terms of what decisions you are gonna give to your users or you are all gonna make it up in one time (e.g. in the same time we pick your team, rival's name and etc.), then hosting it on a Smogon thread perhaps won't be a bad idea

In the event this is approved or you decide to use a live chat and be independant from Smogon and its forums, you are free to DM me and ask me how we ran things if you are interested and want to take some ideas for your own system.

I can get Discord on my phone if need be. That might be better if we go the live route. I’m on vacation atm so live Discord might not be the best idea right now. I think Black 2 would be the best candidate for a Let’s Play like this. Why?
-Lots or different routes near areas (Nimbassa/Desert Resort/Route 16/5, Castelia side areas, Relic Passage, Mistralton Cave, Strange House, Undella routes)
-Musicals and Pokestar Studios. Dropped Item sidequest
-LOADS of stuff postgame if I do it
-Challenge Mode or Normal mode
-Lots of Pokemon variety
-Balanced difficulty

Again, open to other games too.

I think the thread route would be practical, with everything decided at the beginning That way I don’t have to duck in and out of Discord. If we go the Discord route it would probably have to be kinda scheduled which is hard to do with different schedules/time zones and such. It’s possible but it would be tricky.

So I just decided to look through my old soul silver save and I apparently have an event celebi that I never picked up. I want to send it up to gen 7 as a bully set (iv's will be set to 31 after a gold bottle cap) I just got a calm one with hp ice. Should I keep it or keep resetting for one that's bold and has hp ice?
Edit. Bulky

Last edited:
bully set
I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean an offensive set? If you mean Nasty Plot, you probably want a Timid nature.

For what it's worth, Celebi doesn't really use HP Ice in competitive -- Fire gets better coverage, and even then, it often doesn't need it.

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean an offensive set? If you mean Nasty Plot, you probably want a Timid nature.

For what it's worth, Celebi doesn't really use HP Ice in competitive -- Fire gets better coverage, and even then, it often doesn't need it.
I laddered on for about 3 hours with both bold and calm celebi and I like calm more because it lives special attacks like hydregon dark pusle while still tanking non z moves and super effective hits

I read online about a way to transfer Mews obtained with the Mew glitch to SM (source). I've got a few questions:

1. Will it work for USUM?
2. Will Mew have the 3 perfect IVs all VC transfer mons have?
3. Can I get Mewnium Z with such a Mew?

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I’ve beat all the god damn eevee trainers except Umbreon User Braiden and every time I try to battle him he says “tapu lele visits the ruines of life...
It’s considered to be the vitalizing pokemon.” And that’s it, can someone PLEASE tell me what I gotta do so he’ll battle me. And I’m playing ultra moon btw. Thanks

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I’ve beat all the god damn eevee trainers except Umbreon User Braiden and every time I try to battle him he says “tapu lele visits the ruines of life...
It’s considered to be the vitalizing pokemon.” And that’s it, can someone PLEASE tell me what I gotta do so he’ll battle me. And I’m playing ultra moon btw. Thanks
Are you in the right cemetery? Braiden's in the cemetery on the first island, not the second.

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I asked this a long time ago in the Smogon SQSA thread, and never got an answer. I stopped caring for a while but now I'm curious again. Let's say I want to discuss the competitive meta/potential of a non core-series Pokemon game (it's Conquest btw). What's the best subforum to do this? OI was my first guess but you guys do explicitly disallow discussion of "competitive play against other humans," which is exactly what I want to talk about.

I asked this a long time ago in the Smogon SQSA thread, and never got an answer. I stopped caring for a while but now I'm curious again. Let's say I want to discuss the competitive meta/potential of a non core-series Pokemon game (it's Conquest btw). What's the best subforum to do this? OI was my first guess but you guys do explicitly disallow discussion of "competitive play against other humans," which is exactly what I want to talk about.
Ruins of Alph seems to handle everything old, so try asking in their SQSA thread.

Snoozer on the OI Discord also provided this "checklist" of Dexited Pokémon. Not sure if it's their original content or if they got it from somewhere else:
I'd be very surprised if Bulbasaur and Squirtle didn't make it in, but it's still a pretty diverse selection so far. here's to hoping Honedge makes it in. A literal sword and shield Pokemon in Sword and Shield

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello everyone, it's me again. I have a few more questions regarding thread creation I'd like to ask. I'll try to get through these as quick as possible but I can't promise anything, and the same can also be said to prevent double posting. Thanks in advance to all whom these may concern.

1. I don't know why but for some reason I'm a big fan of Tier Lists and studying the viability of in-game Pokémon in playthroughs. I remember being a part of an old thread that hasn't been touched in ages it feels like where many of the best and worst Pokémon ever were compared to each other. I actually used the thread in the creation of some of my more recent DS era teams. (Gens 4-5) I really wanted to bring this kind of discussion back into the spotlight, and perhaps even put my own twist on it. Would that be a possibility? (Side note: the old thread wasn't updated from USUMY onwards, very out of date.)

2. I had an incredible idea for a DS era playthrough (probably Gen 5) that all of us on the forums, or at least many of us, could participate in. The idea is based off of this really awesome thing called Wiimmfi. If you haven't heard of it, it's basically this (what country was it again?)-originated online server made in 2014 for the DS and the Wii as a replacement to Nintendo WFC. (As someone who got their Internet around the time it died, I love this thing.) It's possible to get this working with Pokémon games, and I wanted to start a discussion regarding my plans. How and where could we have said discussion, if at all possible?

I'll have some much needed free time next week after lots of classes and traveling, and I just want to rest. Was thinking of going back and playing some old games on old DS. I have Emerald, FireRed, Platinum, Soul Silver, White, White 2, Omega Sapphire and Sun. I also have Ultra Sun but most of my stuff is on that game so I won't start a new one.

I'm big into collecting (I have a near complete living dex, over a box of shinies, comp. pokes, apriball collection, etc.) what do you think the replay values of these games are from a pure collecting standpoint? Which would be the most and least valuable playthroughs? Obviously legendaries, and maybe Apriballs in Soul Silver, but other events, mechanics, special pokemon, etc. that are make any of these games especially worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)