Resource ORAS OU Metagame Discussion

Again, that's why I said to pair it with Alo and that's where Heatran can become problematic. I know how important lefties are, but people complain about duggy and then don't accept any answers to it

I just said it'd be good against that stall lol
Alo, the Latios, Manectric and Tornadus counter?

Anyways, the thing is, preparing for one, niche mon that isn't used in a vast majority of teams at the expense of losing to what you usually switch into is a huge waste. This may come off as biased because of my distaste for trapping as a whole, but stuff like that is just plain stupid. People said the same thing for Magnezone, to the point shed shell skarm and ferro actually rose in usage a bit. Now, at least Duggy and Magnezone aren't gamebreaking like Goth was, but advocating for shed shell heatran is. . . I don't know what word to use.

Trappers put so much pressure on the opponent carrying that one mon, with that said, I'd recommend just playing safe before I told you to slap a shed shell on your tran.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The difference is skarm can actually afford to hold shed shell, because although lefties and helmet are both useful they are not necessary by any means for skarm to function, so if your team is really weak to zone slapping shed shell on skarm is perfectly reasonable. Ferro is questionable but it can fit sometimes. Tran actually needs it's item, whether it be lefties, power herb, etc, it can't really afford to run shed shell.

Last edited:
I always like to put Aur Balloon on Tran or Magnezone so if the duggy traps the shit it should first hit with a different attack until it can use the earthquake. Duggy really doesnt like getting hit so if its a sash set this strategy sucks. But if not, I would say Air Balloon outclasses Shed Shell since it also prevents Spikes damage.

I always like to put Aur Balloon on Tran or Magnezone so if the duggy traps the shit it should first hit with a different attack until it can use the earthquake. Duggy really doesnt like getting hit so if its a sash set this strategy sucks. But if not, I would say Air Balloon outclasses Shed Shell since it also prevents Spikes damage.
Shed Shell still better because Zone loses the 1v1 vs Sash Dugtrio. Heatran also won't do much, he would only be able to beat Dugtrio if it gets the burn hax on lava plume.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Air Balloon's purpose isn't to beat Dugtrio so much as to provide a temporary safety net vs. Ground-type attacks, and if you're balloon you can still escape Duggy as long as its in tact anyway (you don't need to 1v1 the Dugtrio as it's not coming in on you until its been popped) so it's better/less situational. That said I think BalloonTran has definitely seen better days and I wouldn't realistically run it over either Leftovers or HerbBeam anymore 'cause having passive recovery is more useful in the long run whether you run utility or an offensively-inclined variant whereas HerbBeam has genuine utility alongside Magma Storm due to the stuff it is able to successfully bait.

Air Balloon's purpose isn't to beat Dugtrio so much as to provide a temporary safety net vs. Ground-type attacks, and if you're balloon you can still escape Duggy as long as its in tact anyway (you don't need to 1v1 the Dugtrio as it's not coming in on you until its been popped) so it's better/less situational. That said I think BalloonTran has definitely seen better days and I wouldn't realistically run it over either Leftovers or HerbBeam anymore 'cause having passive recovery is more useful in the long run whether you run utility or an offensively-inclined variant whereas HerbBeam has genuine utility alongside Magma Storm due to the stuff it is able to successfully bait.
Good point but I actually more or less meant that i like to slap Air Balloon on mag and Tran above any other item (well maybe leftovers on Tran but that depends on the team)

Shed Shell still better because Zone loses the 1v1 vs Sash Dugtrio. Heatran also won't do much, he would only be able to beat Dugtrio if it gets the burn hax on lava plume.
I already said "if its sash then no" and I know almost all dugs are sash but I could see a C band or lo set

Last edited by a moderator:

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 108 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Toxic

I've been experimenting with this Volcanion set a bit, and its not that bad. EV spread is pretty nice, but I would not be shocked if it could use some tweaking lol. It outspeeds non speed invested Mega Scizor fwiw and OHKOs it. The Sp Atk OHKOs Amoonguss after rocks and max HP is pretty much needed because you're gonna be wanting to eat those Dracos from Lati (if you need to but not advised), and nice thing is this actually can eat a scarf lando t EQ from full and a Sp Def Drill's EQ after rocks. I decided to make this when I thought of how Volcanion could beats its usual counters(Suicune, Slowbro, Slowking, and other bulky waters). Volcanion actually can get by these bulky waters with Sub Toxic, and usually beats them 1v1. Flamethrower can actually be pretty nice because although you do not have the same power as Fire Blast, you can at least sometimes win PP wars by spamming it. I've found Sub to be pretty useful too, as firing off Steam Eruptions from behind a sub and fishing for burns or Toxicing Latias and Latios is always pretty nice. This thing is a pretty nice Vincune answer, although that beast can still sometimes win the PP war. Another thing I would like to add is that putting things like Rotom-W, which is the premier pivot of the meta rn, on a timer is pretty invaluable. I've found this set to be decently effective, and it is not actually that bad.

This is one of my favourite sets in OU. I use it on almost every team, since it's so handy to get rocks up.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp Def
Brave nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

This set is not only able to set up hazards but it can also be used for annoying set-uppers. Sometimes opponents send out ddancers before anything else that you can immediately catch off guard by using an attack. Ferro's not so bad 94 base Attack and its bad speed can be used to kill something faster and frailer. Fake Out users get crippled by Iron barbs + Rocky Helmet and mon that arent ground types but resist both stabs can be paralyzed.
It even has usage in Ubers since its the ultimate counter for Mega Kangaskhan, because it deal Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet damage to both the parent and the child which makes a fine amount of 52% without needing to attack.
This set easily ohkos Breloom when its speed invested and is able to take Garchomp's Fire Blasts with ease.
Mega Swampert users get killed by a powerful Power Whip and a certain drizzler wont be able to take such a hit.
Everyone expects this set to be Spikes + Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball and are scared by its presence when it actually is offensive.
I normally keep it in when talonflame comes in because it will get crippled by Ferro.
I usually switch into this when any kind of physical attack is coming in (of course when its still alive).
The only thing about this set is that on team preview your opponent will 70% of the time predict this lead and will lead with a fire type. If you are able to predict that, great! Otherwise you cant even get rocks up.

This set makes a great mon on offensive teams being a physical pivot and can also deal some serious hits. Ive always had great fun with Killing diancies that lack hp fire!

This is one of my favourite sets in OU. I use it on almost every team, since it's so handy to get rocks up.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp Def
Brave nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

This set is not only able to set up hazards but it can also be used for annoying set-uppers. Sometimes opponents send out ddancers before anything else that you can immediately catch off guard by using an attack. Ferro's not so bad 94 base Attack and its bad speed can be used to kill something faster and frailer. Fake Out users get crippled by Iron barbs + Rocky Helmet and mon that arent ground types but resist both stabs can be paralyzed.
It even has usage in Ubers since its the ultimate counter for Mega Kangaskhan, because it deal Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet damage to both the parent and the child which makes a fine amount of 52% without needing to attack.
This set easily ohkos Breloom when its speed invested and is able to take Garchomp's Fire Blasts with ease.
Mega Swampert users get killed by a powerful Power Whip and a certain drizzler wont be able to take such a hit.
Everyone expects this set to be Spikes + Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball and are scared by its presence when it actually is offensive.
I normally keep it in when talonflame comes in because it will get crippled by Ferro.
I usually switch into this when any kind of physical attack is coming in (of course when its still alive).
The only thing about this set is that on team preview your opponent will 70% of the time predict this lead and will lead with a fire type. If you are able to predict that, great! Otherwise you cant even get rocks up.

This set makes a great mon on offensive teams being a physical pivot and can also deal some serious hits. Ive always had great fun with Killing diancies that lack hp fire!

That set is pretty bad, not gonna lie, Ferro needs recovery to effectively pivot and your set lacks both lefties and leech seed, Gyro Ball + T-Wave has poor synergy (it can be ok, cause T-Wave is so broken) the EVs make little sense either as hitting slightly harder doesn't matter too much for Ferro as it's still checked/countered by the same mons, just takes hit lot less well.

If you wanna run an offensive Ferro set run curse or something, which is kinda bad too but still.

That set is pretty bad, not gonna lie, Ferro needs recovery to effectively pivot and your set lacks both lefties and leech seed, Gyro Ball + T-Wave has poor synergy (it can be ok, cause T-Wave is so broken) the EVs make little sense either as hitting slightly harder doesn't matter too much for Ferro as it's still checked/countered by the same mons, just takes hit lot less well.

If you wanna run an offensive Ferro set run curse or something, which is kinda bad too but still.
It might look bad on paper but man this guy had 2 kills in one battle man Im not kidding. And Im not a pro anyways so the EVs should prolly make no sense at all lol.
Thanks for pointiong out anyways I mean you spend time to do it so thanks.

I know it should have reliable recovery btw but I think Leexh Seed is to gimmicky and the rocky helmet works so frikken good that i dont need it. Its more or less a suicide lead anyways.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
It might look bad on paper but man this guy had 2 kills in one battle man Im not kidding. And Im not a pro anyways so the EVs should prolly make no sense at all lol.
Thanks for pointiong out anyways I mean you spend time to do it so thanks.

I know it should have reliable recovery btw but I think Leexh Seed is to gimmicky and the rocky helmet works so frikken good that i dont need it. Its more or less a suicide lead anyways.
rocky helmet ferro is just bad. youre not typically sending it in on contact moves anyways, you already have iron barbs, and you lose out on either valuable recovery from lefties or the extra flexibility from a resist berry.

leech seed isnt a gimmick its a big part of what makes ferro effective. great for generally annoying the things ferro cant hurt and getting back up to full.

i can get a kill on ou ladder with cm sudowoodo but that doesnt make it good lol. the ladder in general is just very low quality and just because something works once or twice on there that doesnt necessarially mean its good or wouldnt be outpreformed by something else.

if youre not sure what evs to run just check the smogdex here

rocky helmet ferro is just bad. youre not typically sending it in on contact moves anyways, you already have iron barbs, and you lose out on either valuable recovery from lefties or the extra flexibility from a resist berry.

leech seed isnt a gimmick its a big part of what makes ferro effective. great for generally annoying the things ferro cant hurt and getting back up to full.

i can get a kill on ou ladder with cm sudowoodo but that doesnt make it good lol. the ladder in general is just very low quality and just because something works once or twice on there that doesnt necessarially mean its good or wouldnt be outpreformed by something else.

if youre not sure what evs to run just check the smogdex here
I said I am no pro. But I use it in ubers too and as I said it deals a shitload damage while remaining passive. I could change T wave to leech seed but really rocky helmet isnt going. (Also youre now prolly gonna say "then you wont get high in the tier" but the team Im running with now doesnt need this ferro set)
Also as I said its a suicide lead so i dont care if it dies. It is always just a st rock setter and everything above that is bonus.

p2

Banned deucer.
no because chomp is designed to switch more physical atttackers, especially fighting types while ferro is used as a sponge for dracos, scald, moonblasts and such

i also think sr ferro is a waste of a mon because why would you want to give up sr for spikes. its only decent on like rain and rain is lol. i also think double hazard ferro is dogshit because it opens up so much more opportunties to get set up on. twave is kinda diapers too and twave gyro ball makes me lose the will to live. knock off is amazing but ferro struggles to fit it since it really wants spikes/stabs/leech ;(

back on track: chomp will also always switch into the likes of bisharp which just knocks off the helmet so you might as well punish koff users more instead of just dealing 12% and losing lefties instantly.

I said I am no pro. But I use it in ubers too and as I said it deals a shitload damage while remaining passive. I could change T wave to leech seed but really rocky helmet isnt going. (Also youre now prolly gonna say "then you wont get high in the tier" but the team Im running with now doesnt need this ferro set)
Also as I said its a suicide lead so i dont care if it dies. It is always just a st rock setter and everything above that is bonus.
HailFall summed it up, Rocky Helmet is seriously not a good item on Ferrothorn because the lefties recovery is really important for it and is supposed to be a mixed defensive tank so the extra recovery is really cool, leech seed is good on it for that reason too.

And if you are using Ferrothorn as your suicide lead on hyper offense, it's better to just use another pokemon, Ferro is a bad lead because it is super slow, passive, has no Taunt and loses to common pokemon such as Heatran, Ferro is really meant to be that kind of poke who depends on survivability and if you are using it on offense, use on bulky offense but it's a staple on balance too.

The EV spread is not correct too yeah, it is supposed to be bulkier and it does decent damage without investment anyway but as i said, Ferrothorn is the kind of pokemon that you shouldn't let it die fairly easily, you should check smogdex and remember that the spread there only works optimally with Leftovers so it can avoid certain 2hkos and be tougher to take overall.

You said that you are no pro, that's normal, everybody was a newbie at one point but if you aren't a great player yet, you are doing well on posting here to ask questions but to become a better player you have to try to accept tips from more expert players and try correcting your sets, that "this set works" argument isn't really a good one, you have to see if it's successful against good players and if it's not outclassed, Fletchinder can work in OU but it's more than obvious that there is no reason to use it over Talonflame so you may be losing a few games because you have the wrong set on Ferrothorn.

RainbowDemon, Rocky Helmet Garchomp is better than Lefties Tank Garchomp not just because Leftovers doesn't really help it avoiding 2HKOs but also due to this: while Ferrothorn's thing is trying to survive and tank both physical and special hits, Tankchomp is something you send directly against physical attackers, sometimes really agressively if you need to chip some offensive threat really hard and it isn't weak to fight (or fire, sometimes sending Tankchomp against offensive Talon may win you the game).

SR Ferrothorn is good but still, it's usually used as a spiker since you can put another mon as a SR setter and use them to stack hazards but if you can't, rocks ferro is used if you really need it as SR setter and can't afford to run Lando/Heatran etc because Ferrothorn's typing is better on that team & if you are using Thunder Wave, just use Power Whip, or if you badly want steel coverage, use Iron Head because it always has 80 BP and can para-flinch against a few foes.

Wow. I check the strat dex often but I havent looked Ferro up. I made the set myself (which is pretty obvious now), so I didnt know it was a pokemon that should stay healthy and survive and everything. I really thougt it was a good set right (well not anymore but I now like to use it even more because of all the hate anyways) and that it actually was viable right? So I posted here. And now I get stomped into the ground by everyone telling me the set's shit you kno. If you (think you) got a good set, you arent gonna give up when someone says its shit? Seems reasonable right? So thats what I did.
It probably isnt a good set...

Then Ill post another set I think is better!
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast / Roost / Earth Power

This set is partially taken from the strategy dex.
This is "Unpredictable Shit" Hydreigon.
Since Hydreigon has able to work with offensive stats in both attack and as well special attack, it can run a mixed set easily. Its versatile movepool can give him some unpredicatbility. Especially when everyone goes around with Specs Hydreigon. "Specs is so good" "its its best set" and then comes this thing, the Fairy killer.
(You might as well change life orb --> Scope Lens if you know what I mean). Roost gives it more longevity (if you get the chance to lol) and Fire Blast an answer to certain grass/steel types (>:'( Ferrothorn) and Earth Power hits Heatran, a common switch in (especially after you have used Draco and they think youre scarfed or something). Iron Tail crushes all Fairy types but Azumarill. If you encount Azumarill, youd better switch out because this set has no answer to it whatsoever (this gives it chance to set up tho so when facing azu teams well yeah use it sparingly). Also, Iron Tail misses a lot. But so far it has hit on the crucial moments for me.
Draco Meteor cripples other Dragon types and hits mon that dont resist it for a gooud chunk of damage. Superpower gives some more answers to mon around like Magnezone and Bisharp.
This set is... well, base 105 attack is not the best I guess. The best thing about this set is its unpredictability (as long as it doesnt miss, at least. Even Draco Meteor misses a lot! Superpower is the only REALLY reliable move).

I made this set myself just as that ferro set you guys just smashed to pulp. Im more proud of this set so please be a bit more gentle lol.

It gave me a load of kills too. Especially Sylveons and Florgesses.
It shouldnt be used on non offensive teams however. Its very frail and any super effective hit kills it (sometimes neutral hits do, too) so it really has a specific job on teams. Its really fun to use on Dark Monotype teams, especially if you get matched up against a fairy mono (happened to me once, AND I SRSLY WON that guy was probably not a good player anyways).

Wow. I check the strat dex often but I havent looked Ferro up. I made the set myself (which is pretty obvious now), so I didnt know it was a pokemon that should stay healthy and survive and everything. I really thougt it was a good set right (well not anymore but I now like to use it even more because of all the hate anyways) and that it actually was viable right? So I posted here. And now I get stomped into the ground by everyone telling me the set's shit you kno. If you (think you) got a good set, you arent gonna give up when someone says its shit? Seems reasonable right? So thats what I did.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Since Hydreigon has able to work with offensive stats in both attack and as well special attack, it can run a mixed set easily. Its versatile movepool can give him some unpredicatbility. Especially when everyone goes around with Specs Hydreigon. "Specs is so good" "its its best set" and then comes this thing, the Fairy killer.
(You might as well change life orb --> Scope Lens if you know what I mean). Roost gives it more longevity (if you get the chance to lol) and Fire Blast an answer to certain grass/steel types (>:'( Ferrothorn) and Earth Power hits Heatran, a common switch in (especially after you have used Draco and they think youre scarfed or something). Iron Tail crushes all Fairy types but Azumarill. If you encount Azumarill, youd better switch out because this set has no answer to it whatsoever (this gives it chance to set up tho so when facing azu teams well yeah use it sparingly). Also, Iron Tail misses a lot. But so far it has hit on the crucial moments for me.
Draco Meteor cripples other Dragon types and hits mon that dont resist it for a gooud chunk of damage. Superpower gives some more answers to mon around like Magnezone and Bisharp.
This set is... well, base 105 attack is not the best I guess. The best thing about this set is its unpredictability (as long as it doesnt miss, at least. Even Draco Meteor misses a lot! Superpower is the only REALLY reliable move).

I made this set myself just as that ferro set you guys just smashed to pulp. Im more proud of this set so please be a bit more gentle lol.

It shouldnt be used on non offensive teams however. Its very frail and any super effective hit kills it (sometimes neutral hits do, too) so it really has a specific job on teams. Its really fun to use on Dark Monotype teams, especially if you get matched up against a fairy mono (happened to me once, AND I SRSLY WON that guy was probably not a good player anyways).
Hydreigon is good in OU, especially the Specs set, LO is also good but you are messing the tiers up and your set is pretty flawed, it should be specially based and yours doesn't even have Dark Pulse, the reason to use Hydreigon. Superpower and Iron Tail are both UU things, if you want the sets for a pokemon, be sure you check the correct tier, Superpower is used in UU to beat Blissey and Snorlax, who aren't relevant in OU and here Flash Cannon is better than Iron Tail, you mentioned both Sylveon and Florges but those aren't viable here either, Flash Cannon is enough to 2hko Clefable so that's what we use.

Basically, this is the OU forum and you should stick only to OU stuff, you mentioned monotype and that's irrelevant here and the UU matches/matches against newbies who use unviable pokemon from UU aren't important too, i'd say you have to learn more about the tier first, check the viability rankings and focus on mastering standard sets instead of trying to make those sets when there are already similar ones that are better, not to discourage you or anything but when you don't have much experience yet you should do that, using basic sets and preparing for them because they are the most effective and your opponent is likely to have those too.

Of course, if you manage to come up with a creative set or if you find a niche for a rare pokemon, you can talk about it here but remember that you have to take in consideration that you should only do that if you are convinced that your set is consistent, not outclassed, not gimmicky and works well against more skilled players but that requires a bit more of experience since you have to know the metagame very well first, keep playing and use this forum to try to learn more about the metagame by checking useful links, hearing what more experienced players say and trying to discuss here while asking for advice.

By the way, Scope Lens is useless on Hydreigon because almost all the time you have no item pretty much, it just gives you a little bit of luck, Earth Power isn't very good because Dark Pulse deals alot of damage to Heatran already, especially since most of them don't invest in spD and the problem with Superpower is that it almost only hits Chansey who only appears on stall pretty much and it doesn't even 2HKO her due to the atk drops so the opponent can Softboiled there, if you want Hydreigon to beat stall then use Choice Specs Hydreigon + Screech Dugtrio as Dugtrio traps Chansey and Screech removes its def so it can't cure itself with Soft-Boiled and when Chansey is gone, Hydreigon can freely spam its special moves and defeat the rest of the team.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

I don't want to come off as a prude, so forgive me if I do, but this thread is more so about the metagame and how it has formed, where it's at, and how it may be in the future. When you say things such as "Especially Sylveons and Florgesses" it really takes away from your statement. I had the Hydreigon conversation in the OU room yesterday, and with the current meta, you're better off running Specs 9 times out of 10. LO Hydreigon can still work, but Specs is just super tough to pass up. I'd say maybe brush up a tiny bit more on the meta, maybe watch some tour matches, and climb higher on the ladder, then feel free to come back and give us your thoughts.

Hydreigon is good in OU, especially the Specs set, LO is also good but you are messing the tiers up and your set is pretty flawed, it should be specially based and yours doesn't even have Dark Pulse, the reason to use Hydreigon. Superpower and Iron Tail are both UU things, if you want the sets for a pokemon, be sure you check the correct tier, Superpower is used in UU to beat Blissey and Snorlax, who aren't relevant in OU and here Flash Cannon is better than Iron Tail, you mentioned both Sylveon and Florges but those aren't viable here either, Flash Cannon is enough to 2hko Clefable so that's what we use.

Basically, this is the OU forum and you should stick only to OU stuff, you mentioned monotype and that's irrelevant here and the UU matches/matches against newbies who use unviable pokemon from UU aren't important too, i'd say you have to learn more about the tier first, check the viability rankings and focus on mastering standard sets instead of trying to make those sets when there are already similar ones that are better, not to discourage you or anything but when you don't have much experience yet you should do that, using basic sets and preparing for them because they are the most effective and your opponent is likely to have those too.

Of course, if you manage to come up with a creative set or if you find a niche for a rare pokemon, you can talk about it here but remember that you have to take in consideration that you should only do that if you are convinced that your set is consistent, not outclassed, not gimmicky and works well against more skilled players but that requires a bit more of experience since you have to know the metagame very well first, keep playing and use this forum to try to learn more about the metagame by checking useful links, hearing what more experienced players say and trying to discuss here while asking for advice.

By the way, Scope Lens is useless on Hydreigon because almost all the time you have no item pretty much, it just gives you a little bit of luck, Earth Power isn't very good because Dark Pulse deals alot of damage to Heatran already, especially since most of them don't invest in spD and the problem with Superpower is that it almost only hits Chansey who only appears on stall pretty much and it doesn't even 2HKO her due to the atk drops so the opponent can Softboiled there, if you want Hydreigon to beat stall then use Choice Specs Hydreigon + Screech Dugtrio as Dugtrio traps Chansey and Screech removes its def so it can't cure itself with Soft-Boiled and when Chansey is gone, Hydreigon can freely spam its special moves and defeat the rest of the team.
The thing is, Hydrei is banned in UU for now (and Im afraid it will be forever.) so I started using the set in OU too and yes, you are right that it doesnt thrive half as good in OU since the only used Fairy types are Azu Garde Mega and Dian Mega all of em walling this set or outspeeding.
And I dont think dark pulse is that good. Why would a hydreiset not be viable if not running dark pulse? Huh?

I guess Im leaving now.
Maybe OU is just not my metagame.

UU was my metagame originally but now Hydreigon's banned I dont like it anymore lol.

One more thing...

You guys arent gonna tell me that Scarf lando sucks right...?

I guess Im leaving now.

UU was my metagame originally but now Hydreigon's banned I dont like it anymore lol.

One more thing...

Niche at best if you have a weakness to certain Pokémon.

I prefer earth plate SD, it is just more consistent in the amount of stuff it breaks.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I guess Im leaving now.

One more thing...

Niche at best if you have a weakness to certain Pokémon.

I prefer earth plate SD, it is just more consistent in the amount of stuff it breaks.
Scarf is probably it's best set lol maybe alongside PhysDef

Scarf is probably it's best set lol maybe alongside PhysDef
I'd say it depends on what you want to achieve, I personally love double dance and physically defensive, scarf feels like a waste most of the time as I'm only saving it to revenge stuff or unturn stuff in on switches.

I have had better results with ep eq breaking some cores or double dance coming on something that fears a scarf only to give a free turn to something way worse.

I can see why people would like scarf, but I honestly haven't feel the need to use him since ORAS arrived.

I guess Im leaving now.

Although it isn't that relevant to this thread's topic, I figured I should let you know that Hydreigon is not yet banned in UU. They're holding a suspect test for it with a ladder where you can't use it, but it may not end up getting banned, depending on how people vote.

Although it isn't that relevant to this thread's topic, I figured I should let you know that Hydreigon is not yet banned in UU. They're holding a suspect test for it with a ladder where you can't use it, but it may not end up getting banned, depending on how people vote.
Im saying this because Im pretty sure of the fact its gonna be banned. Hydrei is just broken, no way he will stay. Hes gonna be BL, and all my UU teams run hydrei so I cant play UU at this point. On OU, however, I just think hes not good enough. He just doesnt have the power and the speed. I really think Hydrei could be countered easily in UU but other people dont share that point of view. Also, I never saw a lot of Hydrei users in UU too, and if I encountered one, I had no struggles beating it actually. However, my aforementioned set gave me a lot of unsuspecting kills on a lot of things. In OU, this is no longer a good set, as said by people reacting on it.
I hope people will see that theyre wrong (even when they probably arent lol). Otherwise my tiers probably gonna become RU, since it has Druddigon, another favourite 'mon of mine. Now please dont tell me about choosing a metagame on which pokemon are in there, Im playing showdown for fun. And I see for myself that playing with my favourite Pokemon gives me the fun I want.

PS I love Pokemon Showdown, and I really hope Smogon's gonna keep this great work up. Its the perfect place for Competitve battling.
PS 2 I love other metagames like monotype and Mix and Mega, those guys who created that are some serious intellectuals (at least on gaming).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)