Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm wondering how I am supposed to go about Sketching moves with my Smeargle in double battles now, since there apparently isn't a Vs. Seeker in this game.
Would it work if I did double battles against a friend, or in the battle tower equivalent? I really want to use my Smeargle, he's already EV trained and everything. Just waiting to find out how to Sketch in double battles.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
So I've heard that you have to pay to transfer pokemon from older games to x and y. Apparently there's an app called pokemon bank that lets you store additional pokemon, and there's another app that lets you transfer pokemon. The app that lets you transfer pokemon is free, but apparently it only works if you have pokemon bank. Is this true??

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does Pursuit no longer work on Ghost types? been wondering. Don't have the game yet to find out myself.
It does still work on Ghosts.

Ok, so I leveled up my Sliggoo (50 to 51) while I had used Rain Dance, but it didn't evolve. What did I do wrong?

Best place to level post-game?

Cool quests to do post-game?
  • To my knowledge, the Elite Four doesn't seem to power up, sadly. Still, they are pretty high level.
  • You can battle your counterpart daily in Kiloude.
  • In Lumiose, you can go to the 3 star or Sushi restaurants and pay hefty sums of money to battle pretty competent trainers in Doubles, Triples, Rotation, etc. depending on the venue (levels ~60).
  • The Inverse trainer supposedly increases in difficulty, but I haven't personally fought him more than once.
-----------------------------------
  • Quest wise, I've just triggered the detective agency started by Looker in Lumiose, but I haven't made any progress.
  • You get the Poke Radar from a scientist on the 2nd floor of Sycamore's lab in Lumiose. Get some nice chains?
  • Add random strangers as friends with 3DS friend codes and inflate your Friend Safari.
  • Battle at the Battle Maison and win BP as well as streaks and face off against the 4 ladies in charge.
  • Use the sundial in Anistar to track Megastones from 8 to 9 PM every day.
  • Breeeeeeeeeeeed.
Hi. I'm wondering how I am supposed to go about Sketching moves with my Smeargle in double battles now, since there apparently isn't a Vs. Seeker in this game.
Would it work if I did double battles against a friend, or in the battle tower equivalent? I really want to use my Smeargle, he's already EV trained and everything. Just waiting to find out how to Sketch in double battles.
There are restaurants in Lumiose that you can participate in double battles in (Restaurant Le Nah, Le Yeah, Le Wow) with varying levels of difficulty.

According to this (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/klefki.3489916/) it states that Spikes is a move learned from move tutors. Where has that been confirmed? Sorry for the nubish question but the internet is nit helping me atm, lol.
I believe it is referring to the Move Relearner in Dendeville with Heart Scales.

Where are people getting their information about x&y from?

I thought that the info was still being collected, but showdown has a relatively complete x&y beta tier already, so the information must be out there... The research thread in the orange islands is the best I've found, but that's missing a bunch of move information, base stats are estimates, etc

What would the most safe bet be for a competitive Xerneas? Modest or Timid? I know it's too early to tell for sure but I am just looking for the nature that seems to have the biggest chance of being competitively viable :)

If you are against a Gengar, and decide to try switch out, but then said Gengar Mega-Evolves, does the Mega-Evolution and Shadow Tag take priority, or does the switch?

If you are against a Gengar, and decide to try switch out, but then said Gengar Mega-Evolves, does the Mega-Evolution and Shadow Tag take priority, or does the switch?
Switching happens before Mega-Evolutions, so Shadow Tag is not in effect yet when you switch.

My question: Where is the furniture to change Rotom's form?

The 'furniture' is a pile of boxes in Sycamore's lab; 2F if I remember rightly.

Now for my question (apologies if I missed it in the thread): how the Dickens do I find a Taillow? :(

Thanks ApplepieFTW.

Does anyone know where I can check the Legendaries IVs?
I guess I can check different pokemons' stats on serebii, and for that I would need to know the exact base stats.
Even something as the range of stats would be helpful : /
I dont actually have the game, but maybe try super training? For its stats, check the showdown teambuilder and scroll down untill you see a lot of "?"s and search for your legendary. The stats arent 100% exact, but they are the most accurate.

Pulse & Aura moves so for sure: Dark Pulse, Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere

I don't think we know if it boosts Heal Pulse or if other moves fall into the aura category
I really meant other than those. Like why does Blastoise get it in his mega form? Do Cannon/Pump moves count as "Launcher" moves?

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yo, I'm writing up a guide for something and I need to know every move that has had their power reduced and to what power. I know Hydro Pump, Thunder, Fire Blast, and Hidden Power have been reduced, but I don't know the facts. If anyone could lead me to the correct source that would be great. Thanks.

Is there anywhere you can find base stats for Xerneas and Yveltal? I'm up to them and I want to catch a good one before I move on.

Also, if I can kill them and come back for them later that'd be pretty cool too.

-James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)