Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say I breed a rock head Cubone with a Tyrantrum. Tyrantrum can get rock head as his hidden ability. Can the Cubone pass down rock head to the Tyrantrum even though it's a hidden ability for Tyrantrum?

Say I breed a rock head Cubone with a Tyrantrum. Tyrantrum can get rock head as his hidden ability. Can the Cubone pass down rock head to the Tyrantrum even though it's a hidden ability for Tyrantrum?
No. Pokemon with HAs can only pass them to their own species, even males.

Hey i'm looking to exchange friend codes and hit up the friend safari is there a special forum for this or can i just post it here? My friend safari is normal with smeargal's, lilipups and audino's
Friend code: 0490-5163-6073

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
What Mega Evolutions are currently banned in OU on PS?

(Have not been able to find a list anywhere)
Current OU has started with ALL mega-evos unbanned (yes, even Mega Gengar and Mega Lucario) until we get around to subjecting them to our standard suspect testing procedure.

Is it possible to get Timburr/Gurdurr with Iron Fist currently? Ive been in the victory road looking for gurdurr hordes like serebii says but nothing as of yet. can someone please answer this question for me.

Could someone explain to me why a lightning rod pikachu with extremespeed is banned? Just asking because i'm curious, and i don't understand why it is banned ;)

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Could someone explain to me why a lightning rod pikachu with extremespeed is banned? Just asking because i'm curious, and i don't understand why it is banned ;)
Because Pikachu with Lightning Rod and Extreme Speed is impossible to get outside of hacking. Extreme Speed is an Event Move and the Event Pikachu simply didn't have Lightning Rod as its ability.

Can someone tell me why it's better to be faster when using subs? I've never used substitute competitively but I've read that it's better to get the sub up first (as in before your opponent moves), but if you get it up and they break it immediately won't this just create a loop of making them and getting them broken?

does PokeBank work both ways? Can a PokeBank PokeMon be transferred to Black 2 from X? Assuming it's a GEN 5 Pokemon of course.

I know the probable answer, but I thought I'd ask just in case.
The idea of Pokebank is that it is supposed to be a central 'hub' for all online Pokemon games to deposit to and withdraw from, but to get your GenV Pokemon there will be an in-between program that takes them out of B/W(2) and stores them for Pokebank access. So it's likely the answer is no unfortunately.

TL;DR - 99% no.

Can someone tell me why it's better to be faster when using subs? I've never used substitute competitively but I've read that it's better to get the sub up first (as in before your opponent moves), but if you get it up and they break it immediately won't this just create a loop of making them and getting them broken?
If it's against a more support or wall-y Pokemon, Substitute is useful to block status moves. Otherwise, it might be more helpful to scout what kind of move the opponent wants to use and switch accordingly.

Is the gender of Scatterbug dependent on certain outside factors?
Like sometimes I get all males out of a batch of 5 eggs, and sometimes all females, but very rarely like 2 males 3 females or sth.

On a team that utilizes Sticky Web support, what EV spread should I be using for a Greninja (standard Protean U-Turn set)? I've heard debate that max speed is unecessary, is that issue compounded by SW? Should that go into Attack for U-Turn?

Has the monochrome been disproven? I recieved a nincada through wonder trade that is mostly white with a sky blue where the green is. It definitly isn't normal or shiny colored. I also tried to eave and reset like one place said.

How many Speed EVs does an Adamant Mamoswine need to outrun a Jolly Breloom? Is it even possible, or would Mamoswine have to go Jolly too? If so, again, how many Speed EVs would he need?

Has anyone made an MS Excel spreadsheet like we used to have for 4th and 5th gen? You could use them to calculate IVs and EV spreads and all that fun. I hope somebody knows what I'm referring toooo... :x

Last edited:
In showdown parental bond doesn't work [I still beat a rank 1925 without it 5-0 (smeargle was the only death)]
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-60615706
It's most easily seen turn 17 when it broke chandelure's sub but didn't hit afterwards.
I'm almost sure that EQ is not affected by parental bond, don't know about other spread moves

How many Speed EVs does an Adamant Mamoswine need to outrun a Jolly Breloom? Is it even possible, or would Mamoswine have to go Jolly too? If so, again, how many Speed EVs would he need?
Mamo needs Jolly with 176 speed EVs to always outspeed 252+ Breloom

Is there anyway to get more than one leftovers in X&Y? Outside of Pickups really low chance...
There's only one hard Leftovers in the game. Pickup and trading are the only ways to get more. If you get a team of 6 Lv81+ Pokes all with Pickup and go spam route 3 for tons of encounters, you'll get one eventually. It's a bit of work getting so many Pokemon to Lv81 though. I'm kind of putting it off myself...

Linoone, Pachirisu, Ambipom, Diggersby, Dedenne and Gourgeist are the fully evolved Pokemon that can have Pickup. I'd hate to train a Meowth or something and have to have it hold the Everstone instead of a Lucky Egg or have to cancel evolution after every battle in which it levels up. That time would stack up fast.

And now for my question: Can a genderless Pokemon pass down its Hidden Ability when breeding with a Ditto now?

EDIT: Answer is yes. Tried it on a Klang and got Clear Body on most of the infant Klink. I guess I shall be waiting for Bank to make my Starmie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)