origin of usernames

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
My original username was XBassXUmbraX on the very first online community I joined, which was gamefaqs (and still is, since you can't change your name there.) It was 2003 and I was 13, so I thought X's in your username were all the rage back then. Bass of course comes from Mega Man's rival, as Mega Man is probably my favorite video game series of all time. The Bass I am referring to though was from the Mega Man Battle Network series, who was a difficult rogue secret boss in the first few games of that series, and honestly a lot more badass than the one from the original Mega Man series. The Umbra was just filler that seemed to sound cool I guess.

About a year later I joined several other sites where just plain old "Bass" was available, so it is a name I stuck with ever since. You would be surprised, but almost every site I go to, I am asked "Is the Bass in your name the guitar or the fish?" Of course, you should all know by now that the answer I would reply with is "Neither, it is the video game character." Nevertheless, this has made my name the butt of many jokes even today, considering how often I am needlessly highlighted on IRC these days. Anyway, just about every username I have used on any online community has been a derivative of Bass (that includes my IRC nick, Forte, which is just the Japanese name for Bass) as well as BassDX on sites where Bass wasn't available.

The Doritos Trainer: Well I was eating a Doritos and well I was a rookie trainer.

Zambos King: I was depressed. So I was eating a Zambos(snack in Honduras) and I was hearing a song by a guy named Jking, and it stuck.

Darkaxis: When I first saw Naruto, the translator guy was named Darkie. I added the Axis because of Axew.

I use a really dumb nickname - ent474 (initials followed by number of letters in each), but I felt like it just seemed like a random mix of numbers and letters. So, I pretended like it was leetspeek and translated it back to entere (yeah, I know it's incorrect, but I liked this.)

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I use a really dumb nickname - ent474 (initials followed by number of letters in each), but I felt like it just seemed like a random mix of numbers and letters. So, I pretended like it was leetspeek and translated it back to entere (yeah, I know it's incorrect, but I liked this.)

what is your middle name and how is it seven letters long with an n

oh fuck it's probably nicolas isn't it I'm dumb

My nickname is May, and a good portion of my friends call me that. I'm known as the crazy cat lady ^_^ I'm obsessed with cats, and I also think I am one. Basically, I meow at people :) But catmay just didn't sound right, so kittenmay I became :)

My internet name is dumb, to say the least.
It was the name for my DS and my Wii. I was thinking of stupid names and I randomly threw Zenotwapal together. The name stuck enough to where i name all my internet accounts Zenotwapal. Normally I just like to be referred to as Zeno. Most People seem to think Zenotwapal is an obscure anime reference... which is totally false btw.

If you see someone named Zenotwapal on any other forum/place on the internet, then its probably me.

Z and X are my favorite letters so i wanted to use them as a nickname but just ZX seemed incomplete so i added a random letter in the middle and tada!

I was making a Runescape account and wanted to sound cool. I thought skateboarding was cool at the time, and I had my username from then on.

I'm not very creative with names so I just used my own. I might change it someday just to end the common misconception that I must be Hispanic.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
The first online website I ever joined was neopets, and Alphatron was my name there (now, I go by another name on that website). It just kind of stuck with me since.

..... Yeah, you know how I said I was changing my username to Furosuto? Well I did, lol.

I don't know, it has a cool wring to it, and while I'm not japanese (Furosuto means frost in japanese), I love manga, anime, and I love pokemon, so eh, why not?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
furosuto is just what it sounds like when a jap says frost lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)