Peakmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyper beam would ignore its recharge as long as you kill the enemy poke with the attack.
((From gen 1))

((Perma weather here we come))
Everything pre gen 6

I really do wonder when this is coded, what metagame will be dominant. Also I have 2 questions first of all drizzle swim is banned right? Second of all how do we handle amnesia... If we do it gen 1 style then like in alphabet mind swoobat will be op.
One more thing is excadrill banned?

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Twineedle could poison steel and poison types in gen 2, so can it poison them in peakmons?

Twineedle could poison steel and poison types in gen 2, so can it poison them in peakmons?
Honestly I don't know if we need a verdict on this as we now have s scissor in every mom that gets twineedle(and escavelier who btw will be a fucking boss with that speed has megahorn)

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really do wonder when this is coded, what metagame will be dominant. Also I have 2 questions first of all drizzle swim is banned right? Second of all how do we handle amnesia... If we do it gen 1 style then like in alphabet mind swoobat will be op.
One more thing is excadrill banned?
Amnesia only raises Special Defense, so no need to worry about that. Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned. We'll let Excadrill stay for the time being, but I'm on the fence about it.

That'd be a buff to Twineedle, but a nerf to Steel-types, and thus would contradict what Peakmons is meant for. So it'll stay as it is.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Amnesia only raises Special Defense, so no need to worry about that. Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned. We'll let Excadrill stay for the time being, but I'm on the fence about it.

That'd be a buff to Twineedle, but a nerf to Steel-types, and thus would contradict what Peakmons is meant for. So it'll stay as it is.
Will all Pokemon with >32 base speed use the old method of calculating critical hits?

If we keep xy crit chances then kingdra is gonna be Keldeo v2, with rain boosted crit sniper hydro pumps and Draco meteors also if it learns it blizzard.

Valmanway

Some others:
Fire Blast should have 30% burn chance. (gen 1)
High Jump Kick/Jump Kick should only cost 1 HP when they miss. (gen 1)
Struggle should have recoil equal to 50% of the damage dealt. (gens 1-3)
Already had (High) Jump Kick, but the other two are noted.

Are you going to re-instate BW bans such as the swift swim/drizzle ban? Otherwise, I don't see people actually getting to use cool things like the new rest/talk mechanics since HO will probably dominate.

Just something I felt like bringing up:
Technically bringing Blizzard to 90% accuracy is a nerf to ice-weak Pokemon. Buffing freeze chance of Blizzard to 30% and Explosion to halving defense nerfs walls. Buffing Wrap/Bind/etc nerfs slower Pokemon. Most buffs will end up nerfing something else regardless. But you can keep trying to distinguish between indirect and direct adjustments if you want =]

Valmanway

Are you going to re-instate BW bans such as the swift swim/drizzle ban? Otherwise, I don't see people actually getting to use cool things like the new rest/talk mechanics since HO will probably dominate.
Drizzle + Swift Swim will be banned.

Just something I felt like bringing up:
Technically bringing Blizzard to 90% accuracy is a nerf to ice-weak Pokemon. Buffing freeze chance of Blizzard to 30% and Explosion to halving defense nerfs walls. Buffing Wrap/Bind/etc nerfs slower Pokemon. Most buffs will end up nerfing something else regardless. But you can keep trying to distinguish between indirect and direct adjustments if you want =]
Well when I say a buff results in a nerf, I mean if a move/ability effects another move/ability. For example, Roar breaks through Protect nowadays, but before, Protect blocked Roar. If I buffed Protect to block Roar, then I'd be nerfing Roar, and that's not what this tier's supposed to do. Buffing Blizzard to 90% accuracy doesn't effect how another move/ability works, so that's why I allow that.

So Gen 1's perma freeze is in effect?

More importantly, what about Gen 1 + 2 Stat Exp? At their peak, all Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon could invest full Stat Exp into every stat; so that means they're allowed 255 EVs in every stat.
And don't forget the Special Attack/Defence split - a lot of Pokémon lost out when Special was split into two stats. Now that they're back at peak efficiency, for example, Articuno gets a 30 point boost to special attack. What with Blizzard now having 90% accuracy and a 30% chance of permanently incapacitating whatever it hits (unless it happens to know one of the defrosting moves) that might make it actually viable!

Alakazam gets a 50 point Sp. Def boost, making it back into the special wall it was always meant to be. Omastar now has defences of 70/125/115 along with access to Shell Smash and Blizzard! Plus it has Shell Armour to protect it from always crit Pokémon like Focus Energy Jolteon.

And last but not least, Amnesia. Double Calm Mind! And Swoobat gets it. So, that's instant +4 Sp. Att/+4 Sp. Def with one move. Then it can start Stored Powering.

Valmanway

So Gen 1's perma freeze is in effect?

More importantly, what about Gen 1 + 2 Stat Exp? At their peak, all Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon could invest full Stat Exp into every stat; so that means they're allowed 255 EVs in every stat.
And don't forget the Special Attack/Defence split - a lot of Pokémon lost out when Special was split into two stats. Now that they're back at peak efficiency, for example, Articuno gets a 30 point boost to special attack. What with Blizzard now having 90% accuracy and a 30% chance of permanently incapacitating whatever it hits (unless it happens to know one of the defrosting moves) that might make it actually viable!

Alakazam gets a 50 point Sp. Def boost, making it back into the special wall it was always meant to be. Omastar now has defences of 70/125/115 along with access to Shell Smash and Blizzard! Plus it has Shell Armour to protect it from always crit Pokémon like Focus Energy Jolteon.

And last but not least, Amnesia. Double Calm Mind! And Swoobat gets it. So, that's instant +6 Sp. Att/+6 Sp. Def with one move. Then it can start Stored Powering.
I like to think Special was its own stat. We now have Special Attack and Special Defense, so we'll stick with it. Maxing out EVs for every stat is an interesting idea, and I can certainly see that working out. It'll make HO a little less threatening, and stall will also see a sharp rise in usage, but then the Eviolite might have to be addressed later on, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Also, Amnesia will only raise Special Defense and permanent-freezes do take place with a Freeze clause in play.

Does Feint only hit through Protect? It did back when it was 50 base power. Otherwise it is the go-to move for Mega-Pinsir, outprioritizing Talonflame and even Extreme-Speed.

Valmanway

Does Feint only hit through Protect? It did back when it was 50 base power. Otherwise it is the go-to move for Mega-Pinsir, outprioritizing Talonflame and even Extreme-Speed.
Feint hits even when not using Protect, and since it's at 50 power now, Mega Pinsir's gonna have a field day. Gulp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)