Resource Pet Mods Workshop

basically I'm saying, is that any of the box legendary Pokémon and maybe the UB (if people make them too overpower) can't get the forms, but the Regi's and the lower trios and mythicals can, along with Pseudo and regular Pokémon . Ok?
I just wanted clarification for a cool sounding concept... ;-;

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Been a while since I've been around here, but I thought something up that may be interesting to explore. RBY has what, 3-4 rebalancing mods, all of which have received varying amounts of success. However, what about Stadium?

Stadium, for those who don't know, has fairly different mechanics to RBY. Some of these are controversial (modern Substitute, Hyper Beam always forces a recharge), while others are quite interesting (Rest activates Sleep Clause, Focus Energy works, Haze has a Refresh effect, recoil isn't incurred upon KOing something). Hell, there's no 1/256 uncertainty nor recover failure to be found! These changes almost completely change the metagame at large, and for those who dislike the glitches in RBY, it could actually be quite appealing to some. This guide here is a bit outdated but gives a lot of details on Stadium mechanics, courtesy of my research.

When looking at the game from the standpoint of a Pet Mod, I think this could be a very interesting game to rebalance. You have some of RBY's inherently outclassed Pokemon to pick at (eg. Marowak VS Sandslash), as well as some with niches that are there but without stats or movepools to work with (Scyther, Seaking). But, you also have different mechanics to consider, allowing you to specialize the Pokemon for the environment. It could be worth editing moves to give more specialized buffs, but in a way that doesn't take away the identity of Stadium. For example, editing Waterfall for Seaking, as it's its signature move in Gen 1.

Not sure what else to say rn, just kinda spitballing at this point. Feel free to give feedback.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
ok since submissions thread is shut might as well put this here

Legends Expanded (Something to that effect)

So y'know how Crown Tundra gave us brand new additions to the Regi family after over a decade since Regigigas' debut? Well, what if we did what GF did but for a bunch of other minor legendary groups? That's what this mod would aim to do.

Like with many other mods, slates would be used with each one being based around a certain minor legendary group. For the sake of demonstration, let's use a hypothetical Johto Beasts (
) slate:

Due to there being 3 beasts currently, 2 winners would be accepted.
Your new beast must have the following stats, re-arranged how you'd like:
2 115 stats
1 100 stat
1 90 stat
1 85 stat
1 75 stat

It must also be monotype.

Not unlike Mega Mirrors, the OGs may be buffed to loosen out inconsistencies/gaping viability gaps. For instance, there could easily be a special slate for the OG 3 Regis which could give them STAB buffing abilities and other things to keep them as on par as possible with the new ones.

So y'know how Crown Tundra gave us brand new additions to the Regi family after over a decade since Regigigas' debut? Well, what if we did what GF did but for a bunch of other minor legendary groups? That's what this mod would aim to do.

Like with many other mods, slates would be used with each one being based around a certain minor legendary group. For the sake of demonstration, let's use a hypothetical Johto Beasts (
) slate:

2 115 stats
1 100 stat
1 90 stat
1 85 stat
1 75 stat

Not unlike Mega Mirrors, the OGs may be buffed to loosen out inconsistencies/gaping viability gaps. For instance, there could easily be a special slate for the OG 3 Regis which could give them STAB buffing abilities and other things to keep them as on par as possible with the new ones.
This idea is kinda like this idea. This seems amazing, though!

Last edited:
I present you, the new and improved...
New Meta

Do you sometimes wish that a new Pokemon can check that annoying Heatran that keeps on trapping you? Do you wish that you can check that Latias that hits you like you're a ant in UU? Then New Meta is just for you! In this metagame, we will create 3-8 Pokemon for every tier in the metagame!
Rules
This Mod will be an extension of the official metagame, meaning that Pokemon that already exist will be usable, and the Fakemon the community make as well. But there's always as twist to Pet Mods, and the twist is your Fakemon must be able to check up to 4 Pokemon in the tier, the minimum being 2, including a mandatory group of 2 Pokemon, (Mainly Top-Tier threats) and your Fakemon must check at least one Pokemon in the group. We will also do custom elements. For each slate we will add 3-8 Fakemon to each tier (Look at the message above), and after we are done in a tier, we'll just move down tiers, and once we hit ZU, we go right back up. We will also do LC and NFE as well.

Fakemon Rules
Just remember, all Clauses for each tier apply, and Smogon-wide clauses apply, too.
These BST stat limits are based on the power levels of the tiers.
Limit for Ubers: 700
Limit for OU = 600
Limit for UU = 580
Limit for RU = 550
Limit for NU = 530
Limit for PU = 500
Limit for ZU = 485
Limit for NFE = 445
Limit for LC = 380

The following Abilities are banned:
- Arena Trap
- Shadow Tag
- Imposter
- Moody
- Illusion
- Wonder Guard

The following Moves are banned:
- Bolt Beak
- Fishious Rend
- Geomancy
- Baton Pass
- Spore (Can only be used by Grass types)

Forms
If you wish to create a Pokemon form, you may add up to +50 to it's BST, and to make it balanced, you must at least swap your stats around, and you must -20 points from it's stats.
Abilities
If you want to make a ability, don't make an ability that is an improved version of a existing ability. You can do sidegrades of existing abilities, though. (Like that Serene Grace doubles the effects of moves, you can do a Fire-type version of it.) Also, your ability must not summon a new field effects.
Items
The item must be a signature item to the Pokemon you create, meaning it only works for the Pokemon the item is designed for.
Moves
Your move can do anything, like hit a Pokemon that is immune to a type of move, but it must be under 100 base power, and it's secondary effect must have below a 30% to activate.

Those are all of the rules! Also, please don't go the maximum stat limit for a tier for all of your submissions. Also, keep the power level on your Pokemon on the same power level as the tier the slate is focusing on. Don't create a new Calyrex-S or a new Magearna.
You can also submit up to 6 Pokemon.

Now, a submission template for you:
(You may add sprites or art for your Fakemon.)
Pokemon Name:
Pokemon It Checks:
Height:
Weight:
[Here for Grass Knot damage]
Typing:
Abilities:
Base Stats:
Movepool:

Physical.png
:
Special.png
:
Status.png
:
Sets:
Description:
[Talk about your Fakemon and how it checks the Pokemon you chose to.]
(If you have a custom element, put this * symbol next to it, and explain it at in a spoiler.)

Miscellaneous
  • The council will be me, ViZar, and kakaks. If you want to join, just PM me. (You must have some competitive experience. We would possibly need a coder.)
  • We will be able to ban Fakemon from tiers, if we playtest them and find out that they're broken.
Alright, that concludes my improved submission! I hope you guys like it better than before! Feedback would also be very appreciated. Have a good day!
Mods
I am the Impostor

ViZar

kakaks

Last edited:
[Gen 3] Updated OU
In this Gen 3 mod, we'd do the following:
-Update learnsets to include Gen 3 moves that are learned in later generations
-Add Megas and give them Gen 3 abilities
-Update mechanics, moves, and stats to later Gens (Physical/Special Split, weather mechanics, etc.)
-Add evolutions/pre-evolutions from later Gens
-Add mons from Gens 4-8, reducing their movepools to Gen 3 and replacing any non-existant abilities with Gen 3 abilities

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!

) slate:

2 115 stats
1 100 stat
1 90 stat
1 85 stat
1 75 stat

I like this one, but I think it'd be funner (and have more longevity) if it looked beyond legends. GF has created mirrors of other Pokemon in later gens, such as:
  • Gyarados -> Milotic
  • Parasect -> Shiinotic
  • Tauros -> Miltank
  • Pinsir -> Heracross
  • Masquerain -> Araquanid

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Here is something
:Snorlax::exeggutor:Reversions:Tauros::Chansey:
Description: This mod aims to add variants of Pokemon that match their playstyle in previous generations.

What counts as "matching"? Well, it just depends on how you interpret the Pokemon! If you aren't familiar with Old Gens and need some guidance, do some research: the Competitive Dex and the Ruins of Alph subforum are great sources to go see how Pokemon functioned in previous metagames.

Specific Rules:
  • This Pet Mod is based on Gen 8 OU, but will be a micrometa, meaning only the variants added will be usable
  • You can change anything (type, abilities, stats, moves, etc.) about the Pokemon without taking too much flavor into account; do whatever you need to do in order to match the Pokemon in its previous generation​
  • There can be multiple versions of the same Pokemon, as long as they are based on different generations and are substantially different​
  • No custom elements. That's cheating >:(​
:ss/exeggutor:
Pokemon: Exeggutor
Generation: RBY
Typing: Normal / Fairy
Ability: Natural Cure / Compound Eyes
Stats: 95 / 65 / 95 / 125 / 95 / 55
Movepool: Exeggutor's movepool + Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Earth Power, Flamethrower, Play Rough, Moonblast -Expanding Force, Extrasensory, Leaf Storm, Psycho Cut, Wish, Wood Hammer, Zen Headbutt
Description: In RBY, Exeggutor acts as a status spreader and wallbreaker. Compound Eyes lets it spam Stun Spore and land Sleep Powders more easily. While Psychic is no longer as spammable this generation, a new typing and more coverage lets it still act as a special wallbreaker

Feedback welcome

Last edited:
I have an idea
Bronze Version
A GSC pet mod idea

My goal is for most pokemon to be at least viable. I am doing this in gen 2 because 400 mons is way too many.

I'll change stats typing and movepool just too make a mon viable

i'll Try too keep the mons identity when posible but when a mons sucks so much i'll have too be more drastic

here's an example of a buff
Pokemon: Pidgeot
Typing: Normal/Flying
Stats: 83/100/95/90/85/101
Movepool: Pidgeot's movepool + 80 bp Gust, Fire Blast, 80% acurate Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, and Softboiled
Description: Pidgeot unlike other normals has a terible movepool fix that and buff its stats a bit and it becomes a good mon

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Name: Hoenn Gaiden
Description: This is a Gen 3 pet mod that brings Gen 4 and newer Pokemon into Gen 3 mechanics. There are slates and people modify the existing Pokemon to a Gen 3 meta.

What are Gen 3 mechanics?
  • Physical/Special split is GONE
  • Fairy type is GONE
  • Weather is PERMANENT
  • Pivoting moves are GONE
  • Team preview is OUT
But beyond modifying old Pokemon, we're also creating brand new:
  • abilities
  • moves
  • items
  • pokemon (including evolutions)

Empoleon
Type: Water/Steel
Ability: Torrent
Retained Moves: Hydro Pump, Surf, Agility, Substitute, Yawn, Ice Beam, Toxic, Rest
New Moves: Haze
Niche: Bulky Water who doesn't take sand damage, and has a support movepool that emphasizes status spread. Gave it Haze because it gives it a niche compared to Vaporeon/Suicune, which it uses well due to its many resistances). Can also set up with Sub+Agility to activate Torrent.

Last edited:
I made this mod a while ago, 2 months to be exact. I want to know if there is anything I can change, add on, remove, or anything of that sort.

Pet Mod Name: Uniquemons

Pet Mod Concept: In this meta, each pokemon is given a move/ability/item that is unique to it. A pokemon can receive up to 1 of each. If a pokemon already has a signature ability, it cannot get a new one, and your new ability/move/item must be voted, but if I feel that it is too broken or overpowered, I reserve the right to veto. You can even change up an existing version of a signature ability/move/item. Let me give you an example that I created for my fave Eeveelution, Sylveon:

Name: Ribbon Slam
Pokemon: Sylveon
Type: Fairy
Power: 80
Category: Special (Makes Contact)
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Effect: Uses Special Defense in calculation, Body Press counterpart.

Explanation: This is a National Dex Metagame. Each slate will take 5 pokemon from a certain low competitive tier. People will submit for it, and then they will vote for their favorite ones, like most Pet Mods. The tiers will go from ZU to Ubers.

Miscellaneous: The pet mod will have a council, and I would like for it to have a council because I have no idea how to code all of this. If I do get approved, DM me if you would like to be a part of the council.

Planning to propose this when submission thread reopens, so I would like any feedback.

Pet Mod: Bust a Move (name is WIP)
Pet Mod Concept: Like how ViAbilities seeks to buff all abilities to have some use in singles competitive, this mod seeks to make every move (that is not a weaker version of an already good move) competitively viable in singles on at least one Pokemon.
Example
Move: X-Scissor
BP:
PP: 15 (max 24)
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect: None-> High critical hit ratio.

Explanation:
This mod will be based on NatDex because I feel giving the mod access to more move-users will make the stated mission of this Pet Mod easier to achieve. However, we will have an occasional foray into Ubers since there are several moves in need of a buff that are exclusive to mons in that tier (ie Aeroblast, Eternabeam). Not counting a few restrictions, submitters will be free to take the move in any direction they like in order to make it viable. They may choose to either make it generally useful, or may choose to buff it in a way that specifically works in tandem with (a) specific mon(s) (ie making BP just enough to be useful on a Technician mon); if they choose they latter option, however, they will be required to specifically list at least one user they have in mind. While buffs should try to stick to the generic flavor of the move, we won't be too restrictive about flavor so as to encourage more creativity with buffs (as long as they don't go completely off base). As seen in the example, submissions will list the basics of the move, highlighting any changes made; it doesn't have to be exactly like that, but submitters do need to clearly state any changes. Some rules I have thought up:
1. Submitters may not change the move's designation (physical, special, status) and will only be allowed to change its type if specifically deemed acceptable by the leaders/council. There are a few cases (such as the 20 or so multi-hit Normal moves) where changing typing may be necessary to differentiate a move or ensure a move doesn't violate Rule 2. This will be determined on a case by case basis, and any type change does still need to reflect the moves' flavor.
2. Moves may not be buffed in a way that would make them a clone of a pre-existing move or make an already good move obsolete. The latter half of this rule is to prevent the mod from being locked in an eternal cycle where our buffs end up forcing us to buff other moves. As for the former half, I want to refrain from just copying pre-existing moves, as that may not give the buffed move a chance to really stand out (also I'd find that really boring). This is why we're probably not going to bother with weaker versions of already good moves like Mega Drain, since it'd be hard to buff that without invalidating Giga Drain. I'd also like to avoid making a move "this move but a different type" unless it's already the different-typed counterpart to another move we end up buffing.
3. Moves may not be given a specific effect when used with a particular mon. This would be both arbitrary and basically cheating, so no "x move does this particular thing when Rhyperior uses it" for instance.
4. Moves must be balanced and not involve uncompetitive tactics. Pretty simple. In some cases, users may be expected to nerf certain aspects of moves in order to keep it balanced (for example, the recharge moves will likely end up losing some BP considering recharge will be removed as a factor). An effect like lowering accuracy or freezing is only permissible if the move already does that.
5. [EDIT] Moves can receive wider distribution, but try to show restraint. Moves may be added to new mons if giving those mons the move would make sense flavorwise. However, expanded distribution should make logical sense on any new learners; don't just give mons revised moves because "it would be cool" or "it would be decent coverage".

While I am still mulling over how to segment slates, my current idea is that each slate will focus on buffing moves from certain categories based on natural factors (ie a recharge move slate, a Doubles move slate, an exclusive move slate), which I feel would be a good balance between giving submitters lots of options without the thread just devolving into chaos. This is the part I am least sure of, so I would especially like feedback on how I should handle submission slates and voting (how many will be chosen per slate, how many revised moves each user can vote for). I will probably restrict self-voting to second at most. Another thing I'm unsure of is how to handle "second-place moves"- moves that only see serious use because they're a mon's only option (Swift on Regeleki, for instance); I don't think it's fair to forbid those moves from being buffed, but it may be hard to segment them without being arbitrary.

I do want a council for this mod, as I feel the competitive aspect would benefit from multiple perspectives and I'd like things to stay on track in case I'm unavailable. Also, I'm not very good at programming, so I'd definitely need help with that. I'm not making any final decisions on other council members yet, but I intend to start looking once the thread is open or sooner.

Last edited:
Planning to propose this when submission thread reopens, so I would like any feedback.

Pet Mod: Bust a Move (name is WIP)
Pet Mod Concept: Like how ViAbilities seeks to buff all abilities to have some use in singles competitive, this mod seeks to make every move (that is not a weaker version of an already good move) competitively viable in singles on at least one Pokemon.
Example
Move: X-Scissor
BP:
PP: 15 (max 24)
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect: None-> High critical hit ratio.

Explanation:
This mod will be based on NatDex because I feel giving the mod access to more move-users will make the stated mission of this Pet Mod easier to achieve. However, we will have an occasional foray into Ubers since there are several moves in need of a buff that are exclusive to mons in that tier (ie Aeroblast, Eternabeam). Not counting a few restrictions, submitters will be free to take the move in any direction they like in order to make it viable. They may choose to either make it generally useful, or may choose to buff it in a way that specifically works in tandem with (a) specific mon(s) (ie making BP just enough to be useful on a Technician mon); if they choose they latter option, however, they will be required to specifically list at least one user they have in mind. While buffs should try to stick to the generic flavor of the move, we won't be too restrictive about flavor so as to encourage more creativity with buffs (as long as they don't go completely off base). As seen in the example, submissions will list the basics of the move, highlighting any changes made; it doesn't have to be exactly like that, but submitters do need to clearly state any changes. Some rules I have thought up:
1. Submitters may not change the move's designation (physical, special, status) and will only be allowed to change its type if specifically deemed acceptable by the leaders/council. There are a few cases (such as the 20 or so multi-hit Normal moves) where changing typing may be necessary to differentiate a move or ensure a move doesn't violate Rule 2. This will be determined on a case by case basis, and any type change does still need to reflect the moves' flavor.
2. Moves may not be buffed in a way that would make them a clone of a pre-existing move or make an already good move obsolete. The latter half of this rule is to prevent the mod from being locked in an eternal cycle where our buffs end up forcing us to buff other moves. As for the former half, I want to refrain from just copying pre-existing moves, as that may not give the buffed move a chance to really stand out (also I'd find that really boring). This is why we're probably not going to bother with weaker versions of already good moves like Mega Drain, since it'd be hard to buff that without invalidating Giga Drain. I'd also like to avoid making a move "this move but a different type" unless it's already the different-typed counterpart to another move we end up buffing.
3. Moves may not be given a specific effect when used with a particular mon. This would be both arbitrary and basically cheating, so no "x move does this particular thing when Rhyperior uses it" for instance.
4. Moves must be balanced and not involve uncompetitive tactics. Pretty simple. In some cases, users may be expected to nerf certain aspects of moves in order to keep it balanced (for example, the recharge moves will likely end up losing some BP considering recharge will be removed as a factor). An effect like lowering accuracy or freezing is only permissible if the move already does that.
5. Move distribution will only be changed as a last resort. Depending on how certain buffs turn out, it may be necessary to change the distribution of certain moves so as to give these new moves a chance. However, this will likely be banned in the initial planning phase and only permitted if the move still struggles to find relevance.

While I am still mulling over how to segment slates, my current idea is that each slate will focus on buffing moves from certain categories based on why they are unviable (ie a recharge move slate, a Doubles move slate, an exclusive move slate), which I feel would be a good balance between giving submitters lots of options without the thread just devolving into chaos. This is the part I am least sure of, so I would especially like feedback on how I should handle submission slates and voting (how many will be chosen per slate, how many revised moves each user can vote for). I will probably restrict self-voting to second at most. Another thing I'm unsure of is how to handle "second-place moves"- moves that only see serious use because they're a mon's only option (Swift on Regeleki, for instance); I don't think it's fair to forbid those moves from being buffed, but it may be hard to segment them without being arbitrary.

I do want a council for this mod, as I feel the competitive aspect would benefit from multiple perspectives and I'd like things to stay on track in case I'm unavailable. Also, I'm not very good at programming, so I'd definitely need help with that. I'm not making any final decisions on other council members yet, but I intend to start looking once the thread is open or sooner.
Since your modeling this after ViAbilities, shouldn't new pokemon get access to the moves? Especially ones that make thematic sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)