Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is a direct sequel as the names seem to imply so far, I think it would pretty sweet if you could do something like take your pokemon black/white game ID from online and then be able to start b/w 2 in a new game + sorta way. Where you have all the old pokemon from your b/w game and you go through with the trainers being stronger and with tougher teams, mabey you even get to encounter non gen 5 guys earlier in ng+. Not a very likley idea but still fun to dream.

I'm no expert on the DS carts but I'd think that if these games are gonna be on nintendo DS then one of the biggest obstcals to including ALL of hoenn in b/w 2 would be being able to fit it all on one cart. Issun itself is a big place and hoenn is also pretty big you know. New smaller areas are very likely but IDK about all of hoenn. Who knows though, I don't have much of a clue how much DS cart technolgy has advanced since the diamond and pearl days.

If this is a direct sequel as the names seem to imply so far, I think it would pretty sweet if you could do something like take your pokemon black/white game ID from online and then be able to start b/w 2 in a new game + sorta way. Where you have all the old pokemon from your b/w game and you go through with the trainers being stronger and with tougher teams, mabey you even get to encounter non gen 5 guys earlier in ng+. Not a very likley idea but still fun to dream.

I'm no expert on the DS carts but I'd think that if these games are gonna be on nintendo DS then one of the biggest obstcals to including ALL of hoenn in b/w 2 would be being able to fit it all on one cart. Issun itself is a big place and hoenn is also pretty big you know. New smaller areas are very likely but IDK about all of hoenn. Who knows though, I don't have much of a clue how much DS cart technolgy has advanced since the diamond and pearl days.
Well, with HGSS they managed to fit two regions in one cart, didn't they? That was on a regular DS cart too, so even though I am no technological expert, I think they should fully be capable to fit two regions on one cart

They fit two regions on the Game Boy Color cartridge (Gold and Silver), I'm positive they can fit it on a DS cart which is exponentially larger in terms of memory.

They fit two regions on the Game Boy Color cartridge (Gold and Silver), I'm positive they can fit it on a DS cart which is exponentially larger in terms of memory.
You gotta consider just how much larger hoenn and issun are compared to kanto/jotoh, though. Hoenn alone is bigger than both kanto/jotoh combinded and issun is even bigger than that, if they did add hoenn I have a sneaking suspison that it would probably be watered down at the very least, kinda like how kanto was in gsc.

serebii posted an update a little while ago about a movie coinciding with the new Kyurem forms, and seems to suggest Kyurem turning into both "Black Kyurem and White Kyurem" ...as if to suggest the single Kyurem splits into two separate pokemon. Not that the anime has ever been known for its accuracy about game mechanics but i wonder if this means something?

serebii posted an update a little while ago about a movie coinciding with the new Kyurem forms, and seems to suggest Kyurem turning into both "Black Kyurem and White Kyurem" ...as if to suggest the single Kyurem splits into two separate pokemon. Not that the anime has ever been known for its accuracy about game mechanics but i wonder if this means something?
The movie was told in coiencidence with the announcement of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. And of course the movie isn't going to pay attention or copy the requirements for Kyurems transformation (Exspecially if its at will like the previews make it seem). Really the only thing the movie has shown is Black/White Kyurem using Electric and Fire moves respectively. Personally I believe that in itself hints at one of the types and now we just need to see if they're Dragons or Ice (The moves don't look like the charge moves that weren't in B/W1 and they don't even look like Reshiram's or Zekrom's fusion moves or their other moves)

Hoenn and Unova would be a pretty sweet combination. Unova has very little explorable water and Hoenn has way too much. Together, the game would have a nice selection of environments.

Also, in many ways GS was RBY 2. It was a direct sequel. At Advance generation the series kind of rebooted. Players were unable to catch any old favorites until the FRLG remakes.
So here's what I think now: if they're calling these games BW2 we're probably talking about a significant update. There will be new Pokemon apart from the Kyurem formes.

What is the primary reason for releasing two versions anyway, isn't it for version exclusive Pokemon? There's typically a single third game because all the current generation's Pokemon would have been available between the first two anyway. There can't be true version exclusives without Pokemon unobtainable anywhere else. Heck, Platinum, a single game, gave us five Rotom-A, Shaymin-S and Giratina-O which are all essentially new Pokemon. Yet all we know of so far from two games is the two Kyurem formes. It seems reasonable that there will be more.

My expectation is that we'll get new formes or evolutions of existing Pokemon rather than new concepts altogether. Especially in Hoenn (lol), there are a lot of weak Pokemon that could use an evolution or forme change and we didn't get any of that in BW. So I suddently have rather ambitious expectations. But after thinking about it, two new games based on the current generation don't seem to be worth the trouble (extra packaging and shit) otherwise. There has to be enough new stuff to justify it. Most people will only buy one anyway, esp. if they're essentially the same as BW.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The movie was told in coiencidence with the announcement of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. And of course the movie isn't going to pay attention or copy the requirements for Kyurems transformation (Exspecially if its at will like the previews make it seem). Really the only thing the movie has shown is Black/White Kyurem using Electric and Fire moves respectively. Personally I believe that in itself hints at one of the types and now we just need to see if they're Dragons or Ice (The moves don't look like the charge moves that weren't in B/W1 and they don't even look like Reshiram's or Zekrom's fusion moves or their other moves)
...Oh, so the anime won't mirror the forme-changing mechanics, but the game will mirror the typing because it has a couple new moves in the anime? Ok.

Guys remember that Kanto and Johto were directly connected via some route or another. Also, as a few people have pointed out, that was a direct sequel.
Seriously, this speculation is fun but Hoenn will most likely not be in here with BW2. I hope I eat my words.

Yeah, it seems like everyone's assuming BW2 needs to have a new region because the only other direct sequels were RBY -> GSC. Hoenn in particular is extremely unlikely due to the fact that they're very far apart. DPPt had plenty of references to Johto, but we didn't actually get to go there until HGSS.

...Oh, so the anime won't mirror the forme-changing mechanics, but the game will mirror the typing because it has a couple new moves in the anime? Ok.
Kyurem's only fire/electric moves total to: Sunny day and that's it. So yeah it's implying unless the new chargup moves look like plain fire and electric moves (True I haven't seen their annimation so....)
Edit: I mean it seems quite likely with what was seen in the movie as (Supposedly) fire and electric moves while Kyurem only has 1 of either type (As seen above) and it just seems logical a type would follow to match.

Kyurem using Fire/Electric moves in the anime doesn't mean it will be of those types. Pikachu learned Iron tail at some point in the series and that didn't make it a steel type. Octillery learns Fire, Grass, Rock, and Steel moves among others but alas its a Water type. Palkia is the space pokemon and yet for some unfathomable reason its a Water type. So moves that pokemon use have zero bearing on their typing for the most part.

I know GF pays little mind to competitive battling but there is no precedent for them giving BST 680 cover legendaries typings that are so phenomenally bad as to render them playable in OU or UU. I don't know why people have this sick desire to see these forms turn out to be Fire-Ice/Electric-Ice.

I know GF pays little mind to competitive battling but there is no precedent for them giving BST 680 cover legendaries typings that are so phenomenally bad as to render them playable in OU or UU. I don't know why people have this sick desire to see these forms turn out to be Fire-Ice/Electric-Ice.
Ho-oh is Fire/Flying, which is pretty fucking horrible. Go ask Moltres and Charizard about it.

But Ho-oh ends up being useable in ubers due to having great stats and some sweet moves. (Fuck yeah, Sacred Fire!) Maybe Kyurem-B/W will have the same luck... Or maybe not.

I don't think the fact that they're direct sequels makes another region likely. I think it's as likely as everything else we don't know. That is to say, possible.

IMO, Kyurem will retain its Dragon typing. And since it would be redundant for him to change to Reshiram's and Zekrom's typings, I'll say it will remain an Ice type too.

BTW, I don't think Ho-Oh's typing is terrible. In a SR infested era (as of DP), the Rock quad weakness is a liability but Water and Electric are its only other weaknesses. As a Fire type, it's nice to be able to laugh at Ground attacks.

Any one else catching the 'gems' in the new logo?

Check it out... The colors seem extra... crystal like.

AND Sapphire box art features vertical blue lines and Ruby box art features horizontal lines... and guess what numbers have what!

Sure it could just be an allusion to the Blue/Red games too :/ but one can dream that they'd finish this gen quicker to move on to six and jump start the 3ds!
I think those "crystals" are supposed to represent ice charged with electricity and fire. They don't appear very gem-like, IMO.
Why would they use the Black and White brand name to do a Ruby and Sapphire remake? Ruby and Sapphire sold better (particularly in North America) and cramming them into a sequel for Black and White doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm as wishful as the rest of you in hoping this isn't another "third" version, but I think they would reserve those games for separate titles, possibly on the 3DS. I wouldn't expect anything more than incremental updates, and if something awesome happens then you can get excited.
This post pretty has me convinced that we're not going to see Hoenn in these games. That would be a huge selling point, and looking at the advertising for these so far there is not a single hint at it.

Ho-oh is Fire/Flying, which is pretty fucking horrible. Go ask Moltres and Charizard about it.

But Ho-oh ends up being useable in ubers due to having great stats and some sweet moves. (Fuck yeah, Sacred Fire!) Maybe Kyurem-B/W will have the same luck... Or maybe not.
Fire/Flying is bad but its not THAT bad. Some good resistances to Fire and Fighting, immunity to Ground, etc. Fire/Ice can't say the same. Electric/Ice isn't too much better. Also when GS came out GF hadn't yet decided that cover legendaries needed to have shit movepools =/

For some time I thought that Hoenn making an appearance was silly and stuff.

But at those crystal thingies and I gotta say.

They look more like cut gemstones then random crystals.

Blarg. Why did Reshiram and Zekrom have to be fire and electric.

It makes things so confusing.

Besides the crystals looking like cut gemstones, why are the colors blue and red?

If they are supposed to represent lighting and fire shouldn't they be yellow and red?

I would also like to point out that there are quite a lot of moves used in the anime that don't line up with the games. Even if he's not using Freeze Shock or Ice Burn, whatever move it is he's using, he may not even have it in the games.

Hoenn: Yeah, I was thinking of separate games for these as well, but loading onto an airplane and going to Hoenn from Unova would be pretty sweet. =P

New Pokemon/forms: I am all for introducing new Pokemon (not just formes like Giratina-O, etc) in the middle of a generation; it just makes the new games all that more attractive. I was thinking of Hoenn introducing new Pokemon that were always there but we had never seen before, eg evolution of Banette, a middle stage connecting Luvdisc and Alomomola, Spinda evolution, etc. I'm also not against introducing new abilities in the middle of the generation either...I mean, this isn't RBY, this is 2012, so if we can have wicked shit like Black and White, then surely we'll be able to handle a few extra Pokemon?

Kyurem: If White Kyurem is Fire/Ice, it'll probably have to be fast and offensive. =P Ice/Electric is interesting, though.

Other changes:
-Flareon gets Flare Blitz.
-All Pokemon are at least as fast as their evolutions. (Ugh..Magneton is viable due to to 10 extra speed points?)
-An Eviolite nerf: c'mon, Dusclops is better than Dusknoir thanks to a stupid stone? I say we change Eviolite so that it pumps up a Pokemon's defenses...to match those of its immediate evolution.
-Honchkrow gets Prankster (and is as fast as Murkrow). I'm sick of this "Honchkrow is RU" debate.
-Spinda, Farfetch'd, Sableye, Mawile get evolutions.:doom:

All I want is less "white forest/black city", more boxes, the return of the daily lottery (AKA stuff to do each day), and some tag mode stuff would be epic.

As much as I would love another old region; I don't have high hopes. I mean realistically why would they combine the RuSa remakes with BW2? I just don't see how that would make economic sense. Putting Kyogre and Groudon on the box would sell more games than scary dragon things.

Also from a plot perspective; how would you tie Hoenn in? The only way I can think of it making sense is you have to go looking for N for some plot related reason. Problem is Hoenn as a region only makes sense, and would only satisfy fans, alongside the Kyogre/Groudon storyline (look at the Hoenn Map for example); and unless this game turns out to be 40 hours long it just seems too much. Kanto and Johto had no overarching plot so you can just sort of slip those regions in, i don't think that's possible with Hoenn or Sinnoh.

I expect we will find an expanded Unova, or at an absolute stretch a sixth region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)