Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

Thanks a ton for all of your hard work Super/Bearzly/Cathy! I doubt you get nearly enough sincere gratitude for the hard work you invest making a simulator that is free as in freedom, so here's some to show that we really do appreciate the work.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh, I don't really like how it cuts the userbase down to only smogon members, but whatever, this is great! Thanks guys.
It's not cutting it down. Anyone can sign up for a Smogon account just like anyone could sign up for a Shoddy Battle account.

This is so awesome. A huge thanks to everyone who worked on this project as it only works with dedicated volunteers. I know its a lot of work, but hopefully you find that it is worth it!

I only have 1 question. How will alts work if I don't want to play as me all the time?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is so awesome. A huge thanks to everyone who worked on this project as it only works with dedicated volunteers. I know its a lot of work, but hopefully you find that it is worth it!

I only have 1 question. How will alts work if I don't want to play as me all the time?
There will be an option to battle as anonymously sometime in the future

Well crap, look at this awesome timing for me to be on smogon for the first time in ever, my friend was getting interested in shoddybattle and here is this! Now lets see if this can run on windows 95...

Just wanted to say Thanks to all that worked on this. Taking three programming classes, and knowing I wasn't up to chops to handle all of that, it's amazing how a small team like you guys can come up with something as amazing as these applications.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
A very special thanks to Cathy, Super, and bearzly for making Pokémon Lab possible.

Awesome, thanks so much for all of your hard work.

EDIT: Is it possible to change the colour of our names eg. Xav

great job guys! starting to play it tonight ^^

one quick question. how come it doesn't list the move thunderpunch for blaziken?

I hope I don't sound like too much of a newb here, but it just tells me that I'm unable to launch it, then promptly quits out.

Thanks for Cathy, Super, and Bearzly for all the work that they put into this.

Also @ Crab, I had the same problem, then updated Java, and it worked fine.

Looks great so far; thanks to everyone who put work into making this happen.
great job guys! starting to play it tonight ^^

one quick question. how come it doesn't list the move thunderpunch for blaziken?
Because this is just a Beta--not everything is implemented yet.

Thanks for Cathy, Super, and Bearzly for all the work that they put into this.

Also @ Crab, I had the same problem, then updated Java, and it worked fine.
I apologize, I seriously suck with computers. How does one update Java? I don't think I've used it in at least five years. . .

All right, so I thought I'd throw together a handy little guide for y'all. The server select screen should be fairly self-explanatory for Shoddy regulars, if not easier because there's only one server at the moment. Log in with the same username and pass as you do on these forums, and you should see a screen that looks a bit like this.

Those of you familiar with the Internet Relay Chat interface should figure out some of the symbolism fairly easily. Master Balls symbolize ops, Poke Balls are mods, and BlackGlasses mean that they're allowed to talk when the channel is being moderated (in tech terms, they have +v, so they can still post while the channel is under +m in addition to the ops and mods).

Of course, hanging out with other battlers is all fine and dandy, but eventually you'll want to build a team and battle with them, right? Pokemon Lab can do that, too. Open the File menu and you should see a Team Builder option. Select it to go here:

Immediately you'll notice that you have more options than you did in the original team builder. The selected moves are listed above the window listing the rest of the move pool, there are options to select your Pokemon's happiness level (for you Return/Frustration users?), natures are explained in greater detail, and how many EV points you have left to distribute is visible as a bold number above the EV distribution column. When you're happy with what you've drummed up, save the team, and it will be loaded as an .sbt file (presumably for Shoddy Battle Two). When you're ready to get rough, go to File, hit the Find option, pick your ladder, load your team of choice, then hit Find and get ready to have at it. (Sorry, no UU ladder as of yet.)

Season's beatings!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)