Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah i wouldn't call a pre-teen a little kid. a kid, maybe, but a little kid to me is someone who's around 4 feet tall, is in their first years of actual schooling [or not even in school yet], and can barely do things like ride a bike or tie their shoes.

i wouldn't really say he does because his body is small and short in comparison to his rather large head and his eyes are PRETTY DARN LARGE

nah i wouldn't call a pre-teen a little kid. a kid, maybe, but a little kid to me is someone who's around 4 feet tall, is in their first years of actual schooling [or not even in school yet], and can barely do things like ride a bike or tie their shoes.

i wouldn't really say he does because his body is small and short in comparison to his rather large head and his eyes are PRETTY DARN LARGE
Sweetheart, middle schoolers are four feet tall. If you're thinking of children, then they're about two feet or so. I agree that the chibi models make them look a little too dinky and childish, but the Japanese know for a fact that smaller versions of people are better. Plus, the main characters have the kind of style I'd give to a teenager if I were drawing a chibi version of a character in a comic, so they're pretty ok. Shauna and Trevor certainly look like ten-year olds, though.

the new bond system might sound broken, but you can't tell me it won't feel incredibly satisfying to strike a critical blow on your opponent because of the bond you share with your pokemon

You already know the bond system will be banned in competitive
But we don't. We Don't know how much it raises or lowers the Crit/evasion gauge. And in the end, if Pokemon get more crits or evades more, and All pokemon did this and were capable of it, wouldn't it still be the same thing? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 100% Stone edge crits because hey, the "high" ratio of "slightly better than freeze" can't go that much higer.

You already know the bond system will be banned in competitive
Why? Unless your opponent is a total d-bag who doesnt play with his pokemon he would likely still have the same chance of hitting you with a crit as you have. And if you're worried about some inaccurate moves becoming unviable because of the new chance to dodge don't be. GF has likely anticipated this and will increase the accuracy of moves like focus blast to compensate

Everyone is my sweetheart, sweetie, dear, honey, every pet name out there.

are you short irl yveltal
I was just over four feet when I started middle school, and about five feet when I started high school. I'm 19 6 feet tall now, so I'm kind of going by how I grew when I'm estimating the new character's ages.

Bringing the conversation away from me, lookit

With these, plus varied news sources who have translated the Japanese advertisements, we have some more insight on Mewtwo's new form and the likelihood of learning everything about it next month has been increased :D

Everyone is my sweetheart, sweetie, dear, honey, every pet name out there.

I was just over four feet when I started middle school, and about five feet when I started high school. I'm 19 6 feet tall now, so I'm kind of going by how I grew when I'm estimating the new character's ages.

Bringing the conversation away from me, lookit

With these, plus varied news sources who have translated the Japanese advertisements, we have some more insight on Mewtwo's new form and the likelihood of learning everything about it next month has been increased :D
Seems like Mewtwo might ALSO get Extremespeed...NOW THAT COULD BE USEFUL!

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I was just over 5 feet when I started middle school, and just under 6 feet when I started high school. I think everyone's just different.

Regardless, height has never been a good way to estimate age. I know some people older than me who are under 5 feet tall, and I've seen some pretty damn tall middle schoolers.

Also, Warwick Davis

height is a good general indicator for age approximation because generally adults are taller than children. not always, but generally. people like warwick davis and peter dinklage are an anomaly and you can still tell by their faces that they're not children.

mewtwo lookin' badass [though in the last one it looks really weird lmao]
i can't imagine e-speed being particularly useful unless this mewtwo is more physically based, though. mewtwo has 4mss as it is.

In the 3rd trailer you get to see Xavier throwing the pokeball into the battlefield, releasing Fennekin. Notice that his in-battle model looks significantly taller and more scaled than his open world model. I imagine this will be the same case for ourrivals here and all other trainers.

It's kind of like when at the beginning of most Pokemon games, you see a full sprite of the trainer and then it shrinks down to overworld size? I think they're trying to emulate that.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know people like Warwick Davis have a condition known as dwarfism, but the reason I find height a bad indicator of age approximation is because I know people older than me who are probably about as tall as a sixth grader, and people who are maybe 13 or 14 and are about as tall as me & even look older than they are. It's just.... Meh.

Either way, I'm done with this conversation.

it does, and it makes more sense in that context that the player character just shrinks... but that giant head tho

still, it's true that their heads probably were really big in the other gens... the top-down view made it not appear so, i guess.

ANYWAY

[youtube]r4qPSRgdI1s[/youtube]

i haven't seen this in the thread yet though i'm sure it was mentioned.
it shows how smoothly the rollerblades seem to run [verrry nice] and vivillon or whatever is shown using... sleep powder, i guess?

But we don't. We Don't know how much it raises or lowers the Crit/evasion gauge. And in the end, if Pokemon get more crits or evades more, and All pokemon did this and were capable of it, wouldn't it still be the same thing? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 100% Stone edge crits because hey, the "high" ratio of "slightly better than freeze" can't go that much higer.
If it raises them at all whether it's across the board or not then it's horrible.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pokémemes might be a heap of dung at times, but it also has a few interesting theories every now and then:

First, the idea that Talonflame isn't a direct evolution of Fletchling. Fletchling has only one chevron on its tail, while Talonflame has three. Shouldn't there be something in the middle?

If not, it might be possible that Fletchling isn't the Pidgey of this generation, but rather the Spearow. What if there is a different "generic bird", and that Fletchling is its slightly more interesting, unorthodox cousin? Then again, both generations II and III had generic birds with only one evolution.

Also, Pokémemes reminds us that including the new Mewtwo forme, we've seen 20 generation VI Pokémon already. Given that this generation is of average size, we've seen 15-20% of it by now. Not bad, I'd say. Especially considering we had only seen six (7 including Newtwo) until May's CoroCoro.

There is also a rule of thumb that 10% of all non-legendary Pokémon don't have evolutionary families. Which means we've probably seen two of them already? Which ones might that be? I'm inclined to list Gogoat, Flabébé and Clauncher as possible candidates. Perhaps even Noivern and Helioptile, but those are big maybes.

There is also a rule of thumb that 10% of all non-legendary Pokémon don't have evolutionary families. Which means we've probably seen two of them already? Which ones might that be? I'm inclined to list Gogoat, Flabébé and Clauncher as possible candidates. Perhaps even Noivern and Helioptile, but those are big maybes.
The only ones I remotely agree with in this list are Flabébé and Gogoat, but even then we've seen rumors of Gogoat's prevo. If Clauncher was solo, they probably would have shown him fighting another solo creature instead of Skrelp who I also get a big "I'll evolve so you can love me" vibe. Noivern is a maybe, but Helioptile is a big no in my opinion, as he just looks too cute to not evolve and be more intimidating.

I'm really interested to find out where they're going with the new Mewtwo's stats. Arguably, Mewtwo still has the most balanced stats of any Legendary. Kyogre has better synergy between its ability, typing and movepool, some Deoxys/Kyurem formes exceed Metwo in offense or speed and Arceus is more balanced across board. However, both Mewtwo's SpA and Speed are near the top of the pile and its bulk is nothing to scoff at either. How can any Mewtwo formes be better than the Original? Recently they set a new bar for Legendary BST with the Kyurem formes whose BST lies between that of Mewtwo and Arceus. So maybe the NewTwo will get a few extra stat points to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)