Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been discussed yet. I would be very surprised if the Dream World itself came back in any form, I get the impression it turned into a bit of a debacle all around. (A browser mini-game page you can only use for one hour a day? BRILLIANT.) I'd expect more stuff like the Hidden Hollows, NPC Trainers, and Mystery Gift Events. Hopefully a better system for breeding abilities into children is added for male-only species.
Maybe even another app like dream radar. I can see why they are closing it down.

Not been discussed yet. I would be very surprised if the Dream World itself came back in any form, I get the impression it turned into a bit of a debacle all around. (A browser mini-game page you can only use for one hour a day? BRILLIANT.) I'd expect more stuff like the Hidden Hollows, NPC Trainers, and Mystery Gift Events. Hopefully a better system for breeding abilities into children is added for male-only species.
I think honestly dream world abilities were cool, but some were just over the top and as a whole i prefer they just didn't return. They could bring something useful back like auto leveling or the old explosion mechanics goddamn it!

I think honestly dream world abilities were cool, but some were just over the top and as a whole i prefer they just didn't return. They could bring something useful back like auto leveling or the old explosion mechanics goddamn it!
Dream World *abilities* are going to return, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. Core battle mechanic features have not been removed ever since Generation III began. I'm saying, don't expect the Dream World itself to return.

Dream World *abilities* are going to return, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. Core battle mechanic features have not been removed ever since Generation III began. I'm saying, don't expect the Dream World itself to return.
I know. That the abilities will come back people would be pissed and bitching for months if they weren't, but as you said I hope that shit doesn't return.lol

No, you don't have natures, ev's, and plus, it's likely he'll get a fang move of the dragon variety. Plus, outrage would work better.
Yes, how dare you post an undetailed set without EVs, Nature, and the as far as we know non-existent dragon fang move for the Pokemon we know nothing about except that it gets Crunch and Head Smash.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/pokemon_x_mon_cries

So, down on the cutting room floor, seems like Matsuda wanted to include an item that would translate Pokemon cries in X/Y, but put the brakes on it when he realized they'd have to write out unique text for 650+ 'mons.

Matsuda-san said:
Coming from a Nintendo Life interview with Director Junichi Masuda and Designer Hironobu Yoshida...

Of course I have a lot of ideas every time around, so quite a few of them didn’t make it into the final game... But one thing that I wanted to put in that didn’t quite make it was a translating machine for Pokémon cries, to find out what they’re saying. (When a Pokemon was selected, text would appear telling you exactly what it was saying) I really wanted to put that in, but then thinking about the amount of text that we would have to include, with now over 600 Pokémon, it would be a really big task.

While the idea may have not made the cut for Pokemon X/Y, Masuda hopes to bring it to life in some way in the future.
Totally might be old news by now, but I don't remember seeing it in this thread. If it was posted, you're allowed to thrash me.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm thinking that a lot of pokemon who get Mega evolutions but aren't worthy of regular OU usuage might just get banned to BL, something like Mega Garchomp (as an example) would be too OP for UU, same as Hax and what not.
If the base form is in one tier, the Mega form can't be in a lower tier, since Mega Evolution is an in-battle event. We don't tier Castform's forms, Darm-Z, and Meloetta-P differently...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If the base form is in one tier, the Mega form can't be in a lower tier, since Mega Evolution is an in-battle event. We don't tier Castform's forms, Darm-Z, and Meloetta-P differently...
Pretty sure that Darm-Z actually is in a different tier. If I remember correctly, it actually has its own tier that is basically known as the "oh god this is so useless why would you even consider having this on your team" tier.

Well the situation is mix between the Melotta forms (happens in battle) and Soul Dew Lat@s (item activated). I agree that a Mevo shouldn't be allowed in a tier lower than it's base form, however if the mevo is broken then it should be an item ban.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Seeing as Pikachu's cry has changed to it actually saying its name, I wonder if some day the rest of the Pokémon will follow. Probably not this generation, but I'd wager we'll see more "spoken cries" in a few games (starting with 'mons such as the starters, old favourites like Jigglypuff and the like) and some generic squeaks, ka-caws, growls and roars for many other Pokémon. Alternative Pokémon sounds would probably co-exist with the current cries for a while, before all old cries are eventually replaced with more realistic sounds. Though, this could take a decade or so, and even then it could be tested in spin-offs before making it to the "official" series.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Seeing as Pikachu's cry has changed to it actually saying its name, I wonder if some day the rest of the Pokémon will follow. Probably not this generation, but I'd wager we'll see more "spoken cries" in a few games (starting with 'mons such as the starters, old favourites like Jigglypuff and the like) and some generic squeaks, ka-caws, growls and roars for many other Pokémon. Alternative Pokémon sounds would probably co-exist with the current cries for a while, before all old cries are eventually replaced with more realistic sounds. Though, this could take a decade or so, and even then it could be tested in spin-offs before making it to the "official" series.
Is it confirmed that Pikachu's the only cry to change?

I don't know about you guys but I always loved how the series kept the cries from older technology.

I actually like a lot of the things the anime did (concept-wise, not necessarily execution), but "spoken cries" isn't among them. It's cute for a few species and explains some of the ones which keep their names in all languages, but if every single one does it, it's kind of annoying. I do hope they continue to refine the sounds of the older cries so they sound more natural, though.

And yes, Pikachu's is unique. And likely will remain that way, since Pikachu's the series mascot and has the same name in all languages. I'd only want Pichu and Raichu to follow suit.

Is it confirmed that Pikachu's the only cry to change?

I don't know about you guys but I always loved how the series kept the cries from older technology.
Pikachu's seems to be the only one where he says his name, but if you listen closely you can hear that Mewtwo's has been altered as well.

Pikachu's seems to be the only one where he says his name, but if you listen closely you can hear that Mewtwo's has been altered as well.
PRetty much all of the old gen 1/2 cries have been altered, Pikachu is just unique in that it has anime voice.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
As I said, I think we'll get more generic noises before we see a full set of tailored cries for every Pokémon. Scraping of claws against dirt as the Pokémon shuffles around idly. The occasional grunt. A roar as it attacks. Generic chirps from bird Pokémon, et cetera. Sound clips such as these take up very little capacity on today's cartridges, and even less on those of tomorrow. Sooner or later, the Pokémon will make more sounds, though they'll probably keep their current cries (possibly enhanced a little) for quite some time. I mean, in gen. V we had "entry sounds" based on the Pokémon's weight, as it came out of its Poké ball.

Still, it's probably not high on the list of priorities yet. At the moment, having more and more advanced cries for each generation of Pokémon seems to be enough. I really hope Yveltal keeps that roar from the announcement trailer.

So, I read in another forum that Gamestop is promoting a Torchic distribution event on release day. I thought this thing was going down over Wifi? Can we get two? I wonder if they're any different.

So, I read in another forum that Gamestop is promoting a Torchic distribution event on release day. I thought this thing was going down over Wifi? Can we get two? I wonder if they're any different.
Are you sure they weren't just advertising the wi-fi distribution.

If not it's probably just an option for people who can't connect because (???)
They're probably exactly the same and if it uses the wondercard system you can probably only get one

You'd be a bit too late if you tried to invent satanism in the 20th century.

Hmm, not digging this change, but if it's just Pikachu then it's bearable.

Are you sure they weren't just advertising the wi-fi distribution.

If not it's probably just an option for people who can't connect because (???)
They're probably exactly the same and if it uses the wondercard system you can probably only get one
They may have been. I would have checked myself today but I didn't see the report until I had already gotten home.

Isn't that how they handled the Victini event? It was Wifi but Gamestop had promotional stuff for it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)