Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe not in general, but Palkia are surely more common than Dialga right? I haven't battled ubers in a very long time so I'm not very up to date, but that was my impression anyway. Especially because Kyogre makes Palkia more common as well.

Cool, where are you guys getting this info, such as stats, from?
One of the scans from Corocoro showed some stats for Rankurusu but I don't think we ever got the exact level for those stats but it was definitely not Lv. 50 like most people thought. I supposed those Base Stats were just estimations.

what we know of it's stats (these are just ballpark estimates, don't quote me) 110 base HP coupled with 70 Defense and 90 SpD makes it quite bulky, and 120 base SpA means it can lay on the hurt too.
Nothing but estimates right now, nothing really confirmed.

Well maybe not in general, but Palkia are surely more common than Dialga right? I haven't battled ubers in a very long time so I'm not very up to date, but that was my impression anyway. Especially because Kyogre makes Palkia more common as well.
Dialga is number 2 this month, Palkia is number 6. Dialga is arguably more versatile than Palkia.

Dialga is number 2 this month, Palkia is number 6. Dialga is arguably more versatile than Palkia.
Eh. This month is very vague indicator for something really general like popularity, but I guess your right. Maybe I should start battling again lol.

Eh, I find Dialga to be more useful than Palkia thanks to its typing. Palkia is rather easily revenged, IMO, and I usually see it running a Scarf set (which is a shame since it can do so much more). One always seems to be more useful than the other. Lugia > Ho-oh (until recently at least, in which case it seems to have switched), Kyogre > Groudon, Dialga > Palkia, and now I'm betting Zekrom > Reshiram.

Anyway, I'm curious about the Grass/Ground/Poison pokemon that supposedly precede Reshiram and Zekrom. They types make sense I guess (Ground for the earth, Grass for white version's focus on the natural, Poison for black's focus on the modern and thus pollution). I'm just wondering what their stat placement will be like. We've had bulky special attackers (Kanto trio), a physical attacker, special attacker, and defensive type (johto trio), 3 defensive types (Hoenn trio), and an offensive, a defensive, and a balanced one (Sinnoh). I'm guessing 3 offensive powerhouses are next?

Eh, I find Dialga to be more useful than Palkia thanks to its typing. Palkia is rather easily revenged, IMO, and I usually see it running a Scarf set (which is a shame since it can do so much more). One always seems to be more useful than the other. Lugia > Ho-oh (until recently at least, in which case it seems to have switched), Kyogre > Groudon, Dialga > Palkia, and now I'm betting Zekrom > Reshiram.

Anyway, I'm curious about the Grass/Ground/Poison pokemon that supposedly precede Reshiram and Zekrom. They types make sense I guess (Ground for the earth, Grass for white version's focus on the natural, Poison for black's focus on the modern and thus pollution). I'm just wondering what their stat placement will be like. We've had bulky special attackers (Kanto trio), a physical attacker, special attacker, and defensive type (johto trio), 3 defensive types (Hoenn trio), and an offensive, a defensive, and a balanced one (Sinnoh). I'm guessing 3 offensive powerhouses are next?
I'm with you on the offensive. Reshiram=Sp. Atk, Zekrom=Atk, Last one=Same in both?

^I was actually referring to the trio that came before them (the 580 base stat trio in every game).

That said, your suggestion would be a repeat of Hoenn. I could see Zekrom being high in Atk/SpD, Reshiram high in SpA/Def, and as for the speculated Ice/Dragon third member, high Speed and average offenses.

seeing as how the majority of trios are specially inclined attack wise, maybe we'll get a physically inclined offensive trio this time? it would mix things up a bit and be different ;)

i certainly wouldnt mind a balanced trio like GSC though, a super weezing (hopefully with levitate) with good supporting options would be fantastic.

I lost so many posts... T^T

anyways, it seems everyone is talking about how useful the legendaries are going to be in Ubers. since I have no experience with this, I'll just bring up something I was meaning to say.

reagrding Wild Bolt, I've seen some people who were under the impression that it's a Special move. I don't know if this has been cleared up yet, but seeing as every recoil move so far is Physical I think it's safe to assume Wild Bolt is also Physical.

here's the thing that has me worried about Wild Bolt, though. the best option for it would be to have it a 120BP/100%ACC move, like Wood Hammer and the like. the problem is that Volt Tackle already has this down, but is sadly an exclusive move (which I doubt they will change). so, what is Wild Bolt going to be? the exact same move, but not exclusive? I think that's unlikely, since (as far as I know) every move is different (bar the few variations of the same move, but with a different type). I'm just worried it will end up being a shitty move because they had to change it to be different from Volt Tackle.

I lost so many posts... T^T

anyways, it seems everyone is talking about how useful the legendaries are going to be in Ubers. since I have no experience with this, I'll just bring up something I was meaning to say.

reagrding Wild Bolt, I've seen some people who were under the impression that it's a Special move. I don't know if this has been cleared up yet, but seeing as every recoil move so far is Physical I think it's safe to assume Wild Bolt is also Physical.

here's the thing that has me worried about Wild Bolt, though. the best option for it would be to have it a 120BP/100%ACC move, like Wood Hammer and the like. the problem is that Volt Tackle already has this down, but is sadly an exclusive move (which I doubt they will change). so, what is Wild Bolt going to be? the exact same move, but not exclusive? I think that's unlikely, since (as far as I know) every move is different (bar the few variations of the same move, but with a different type). I'm just worried it will end up being a shitty move because they had to change it to be different from Volt Tackle.
I actually think it will be a special move, because if it's physical, it's basically the same as Volt tackle. Plus, the animation made it look special IMO.

Bah , the thread got deleted and I lost a lot of posts >:

Anyway if the rumors are true then Reshiram will most likely be special based and Zekrom will most probably be physical , MEANING more Physical electric moves pl0x?

A special electric move with recoil would essentially need to be 120 base power, otherwise it is outclassed by Thunderbolt except for rare occassions.

A widely distributed physical electric attack is needed, though.

A special electric move with recoil would essentially need to be 120 base power, otherwise it is outclassed by Thunderbolt except for rare occassions.

A widely distributed physical electric attack is needed, though.
Or even 130 or so. And yes, we need at least 3 more strong electric physical moves

The animation seemed more like a beefed up Spark. Shimama seemed to "ram" the opponent.

I figure it will be like Take Down, but let's be optimistic and say Take Down but with higher accuracy.

The animation seemed more like a beefed up Spark. Shimama seemed to "ram" the opponent.

I figure it will be like Take Down, but let's be optimistic and say Take Down but with higher accuracy.
I still don't want it to be physical, at all. I want some other physical electric moves, but not wild bolt.

I actually think it will be a special move, because if it's physical, it's basically the same as Volt tackle. Plus, the animation made it look special IMO.
it makes little sense for a special move to have recoil. unless the Pokemon is using so much electricity that it it hurts itself in the process (which would draw suspicion onto move like Hydro Pump and the such), taking damage from the impact of the attack is pretty much the only way it would work (and the way it has been working so far).

at the very least it should be a Take Down variant, but even then the accuracy is shit. this is where the problem lies; unless they make a new line of recoil moves that are essentially Wood Hammer/Flare Blitz/whatever with less power (like 95BP or something), I don't expect this move to be as good as everyone expects/hopes it to be.

it makes little sense for a special move to have recoil. unless the Pokemon is using so much electricity that it it hurts itself in the process (which would draw suspicion onto move like Hydro Pump and the such), taking damage from the impact of the attack is pretty much the only way it would work (and the way it has been working so far).

at the very least it should be a Take Down variant, but even then the accuracy is shit. this is where the problem lies; unless they make a new line of recoil moves that are essentially Wood Hammer/Flare Blitz/whatever with less power (like 95BP or something), I don't expect this move to be as good as everyone expects/hopes it to be.
Well, GF is capable of pulling off a lot of new stuff, like we've seen lol. I'm just really hoping it is special :D

I'm just really hoping it is special :D
...why? we already have good special Electric attacks, why do we need another one? T-Bolt is great and Discharge is decent in game (and is also learned by level up by a lot of electric types, unlike T-bolt. although with Triple battles now...). there are good physical attacks early game (Spark and Thunder Fang), but they don't get any better then that. we NEED a good physical electric STAB move, which Wild Bolt comes awfully close to being right now. it being special would only kick everybody in the dick and bring down our hopes of getting one. we don't want that, and we don't need that.

that, and it's a recoil move, which pretty much guarantees it's physical anyways.

One thing is true about the 680 BST Legends: they always have at least one stat 150 or above (Rayquaza got two).
But there have been only four unique distributions organized as:
Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh
Groudon, Kyogre
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina
Weirdquaza

I don't know what Zekrom and Reshiram will be like but I wouldn't be surprised if both were rather fast.
I mean, one is the embodiment of Electricity/Lightning and the other has a jet engine strapped to its behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)