Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Emonga be an electric squirrel, of all types, if it wasn't, in some way, related to Pachirisu? Who says Demos can't have Pokemon not found in the regional Pokedex, anyway? Plus the kind of squirrel Emonga is based off of isn't found in America, anyway, not that that's ever really stopped them, but it is a Eurasian Squirrel.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Interesting, a Pokemon's appearance that changes with seasons.

And Growth will boost Attack and Special Attack each by one stage, apparently. That's also interesting.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Emonga – Flying Squirrel Pokemon. Type is Electric / Flying. Ability is Static
My reaction:

Attack “Growth” now raises SpAtk and Atk one stage (previously only raised sp attack)
MOTHER OF GOD

Shikijika is Normal/Grass its ability is Chlorophyll
Shikijika’s appearance changes with the season. Spring: Pink / Summer: Green / Fall: Orange / Winter: Unknown
Told ya guys, this is our new Eevee/Burmy/Rotom/Deoxys.

Why would Emonga be an electric squirrel, of all types, if it wasn't, in some way, related to Pachirisu? Who says Demos can't have Pokemon not found in the regional Pokedex, anyway? Plus the kind of squirrel Emonga is based off of isn't found in America, anyway, not that that's ever really stopped them, but it is a Eurasian Squirrel.
Did you read the last page or just look at it? It is very likely that it is related to Pachurisu, in the same way that it is related to the rest of the Pikachus. An electric rodent, with coloured cheeks and a name that combines electricity with its animal type. So Emonga would be an electric squirrel because it is a rodent, similar to the other electric rodents that already exist, to fit in with said group. They picked that one because it hadn't been done yet or made for an interesting design that includes a typing which has not been done since Gen 1. The same question can be asked of the RSE Pikachus. Why are they electric mice, of all combinations, if not related to Pikachu? It is simply capitalizing on a popular and recognizable design.

Secondly, flying Squirrels native to many parts of the world, including North America. Who is to say exact which direct species of flying squirrel this one is based off of? More importantly, why bring up that point at all? The idea of Isshu being North American based is purely fan speculation.

Lastly, perhaps you missed the fact that flying squirrels and squirrels, while being related, are not the same animal and simply share a common ancestor. Not only that, but even if they were the same animal that still wouldn't prove anything as we have seen many pokemon who are not related yet are based on the same or similar animals.

EDIT: Before it gets asks, I am so hell bent on this idea because the idea of "It looks the same! It's an evolution!" is getting really really old. If anyone has something to support a claim other than "they're both squirrels" I'll be more than happy to hear it. Same stuff happens every time we get new pics, lol. So and so is Ariados! Split Medicham evo! et cetera. It gets a bit tiring, especially after discussing it on the previous page.

With the Sugimori art now released, I am now quite fond of Gigaiasu's design, especially the eyes and the chance that underneath the head is shadow rather than a huge mouth.

Pure Rock is also quite nifty, since, hey, it's better than Rock/Ground, right?

Mario With Lasers

Oh by the way don't forget there was an event in GSC where one could get a Growth Eevee.

And now those "Labyrinth Eeveelutions" (go check Pokéjungle!) apparently hold a secret.

I guess I have my bet placed already.

If there won't be any old Pokemon in Black and White, then that means Luvdisc's evolution will only be available in the Post-National Dex. Prepare for yet another advent of Post-National Dex evolutions for old Pokemon...

Gigaiasu is pure Rock? That's cool. And the little deer thing changes with seasons? Eevee 2.0 lol. And Growth now raises both attack stats? Oh god we have barely any info and I'm already excited in the pants for the next day or so! Why can't september get here any faster?

"HURR DURR SQUIRREL MUST EVOLVE INTO OTHER SQUIRREL"

Anyway...

It's kinda weird we don't have many other pure Rock types... The only other fully evolved Rock types are Sudowoodo, Rampardos, and Regirock. Better than being cursed with Ground/Rock I guess >_>

I hope the flying squirrel isn't totally useless, cool typing + cool design. I might just use one ingame... Hopefully it doesn't get a sucky, even for ingame, stat distribution like Pachirisu did (wth why would they focus it's stats on defensively? Horrible competitively, and horrible ingame lol...). Though Flying squirrel would like some defensive bulk + nice SpD + obviously good speed and it might be useful. It kinda looks like it's trying to be Batman :3

Excited for CoroCoro tomorrow (hopefully) and maybe some more info from the demo. Some videos would be nice.

Growth Jolteon --> mixed sweeper would be awesome... oh wait, you won't have Baton Pass if it is already evolved. :/
Growth/Nitro Charge Flareon? (lol)
Off the top of my head I think it has the best mixed attacking stats of all the Eevees.
Pity about the speed, but then there was only one good number left and SpD got it.

It's kinda weird we don't have many other pure Rock types... The only other fully evolved Rock types are Sudowoodo, Rampardos, and Regirock. Better than being cursed with Ground/Rock I guess >_>
Better for cursing too.
Something with Bastiodon's defenses without the horrendous quad weaknesses could actually give it a go.
Gigaiasu looks really evil though. I think it's the eyes.

Mario With Lasers

The only reason I haven't discarded Emonga being a Pachirisu evo yet is Bellossom. They did it once, they could totally do it again.

And Wishy, the funny thing is that a flying Pachirisu evo could totally work with a +20 boost in all stats except Speed: 80/65/90/65/110/95, BST 505. Taking into account the fucker learns Super Fang, and that they could do us a favor and give it Static, the little guy could become quite the UU pokémon (and with a +30 boost, a cool OU pokémon???).

Now let's just hope for the best. Corocoro will probably feature Emonga and tell us whether it's a Pachirisu evo or not. If it isn't... heh, I guess we got fucked once again. Derp shitty electric rodent no one cares about deeerp

keep in mind that if Emonga is a new Pokemon line, it could easily get an evo like Pachirisu should have gotten to begin with. big buff Flying Squirrel with floppy ears that look like an aviators hat. Awesome. I doubt it is related to Pachirisu since it's been confiremd that there will be no old Pokemon pre-National Dex. since Emonga will most likely be found quite early in game, it being a Pachirisu evo seems quite unlikely. I'd much rather it be a New Pokemon with an evo.

by the way, Darumakka is adorable. I'll take 6.

RE: squirrel must = other squirrel

so far all the other electric rodents are mice or rodents. and none of them evolve into each other beyond the pikachu line. so we got five mice/rats and now two squirrels. i am seriously doubting evolution, and i suspect the similarities are only because they are both squirrel species, but we'll have to wait and see!

@ Jesseus: MY POINT EXACTLY!!! XD Same species or family or genus doesn't automatically mean evolutionary line. Or else all the varying moths and butterflies and caterpillars must also evolve into each other XD Among other things.

^lol he was laughing at you.
yeah, okay. and what i wrote was sort of poking a bit of fun at everyone who thinks anything with some tiny similarity means its an evolution of it EVERY TIME. electric rodents are all rodents. they all look similar to each other. all of them.

man you guys sure are pleasant on here, aren't you? god damn. nerds laughing at and bullying nerds and mocking nerds for being nerds. thumbs up, really.

my point stands. electric rodents beyond the pikachu line don't tend to evolve. i'll be shocked if this is related to pachirisu.

RE: squirrel must = other squirrel

so far all the other electric rodents are mice or rodents. and none of them evolve into each other beyond the pikachu line. so we got five mice/rats and now two squirrels. i am seriously doubting evolution, and i suspect the similarities are only because they are both squirrel species, but we'll have to wait and see!
Maybe it even isn't a flying squirrel. It could also be based on a sugarglider, a species of marsupial that looks exactly like a flying squirrel. Also has emonga and the sugarglider a comparable coloration, and note also that emonga lacks the type of incisors that's typical for rodents, unlike pachirisu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)