Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it has nothing to do with attacking twice? I wish the people who translated these things would actually learn Japanese. It might end up being a varient of Cross Chop which would make it about as useful as Dragon Rush.
But what about Claw Sharpen... yeah Outrage is probably the better move, still. However, what if they remove the tutor for Outrage, so new dragons can't get it unless it can be bred onto them or they learn it by level up?

But what about Claw Sharpen... yeah Outrage is probably the better move, still. However, what if they remove the tutor for Outrage, so new dragons can't get it unless it can be bred onto them or they learn it by level up?
That would be a great day. The day Outrage isn't widely distributed to everything and it's brother. Well, anything new that is.

rayquaza, kanga, dragonite, charizard and t-tar are the only pokemons i know that could learn outrage in a way or another before DPP, THOSE were the good says. so yeah get rid of that damn outrage move tutor.

rayquaza, kanga, dragonite, charizard and t-tar are the only pokemons i know that could learn outrage in a way or another before DPP, THOSE were the good says. so yeah get rid of that damn outrage move tutor.
I agree, although admittedly it makes a lot more sense for Salamence to learn Outrage than Dragonite, IMO. I wish they would give Dragonite an exclusive move, because to be honest he isn't that great of a DDer (only bulky-which Dragon Claw is better for anyway). Considering he has the ability to pick up Pokemon, maybe he can use Free Fall?

You know that "gwoboboo" bullshit Heatran says when you meet him? It actually means "hey guys don't mind me you took my Magma Stone but I don't care because I'm that awesome" in Klingon. True story.

And I liked all of DPPt's legends too. I just didn't like that they represented 13% of the new pokémon batch... specially in a generation where we had almost 30 evolutions and pre-evolutions of old pokémon.
I got the impression that there were so many legends in DPt just so they could hold off on showing new Pokémon to keep people interested. The time between when Zoroark's silhouette was revealed and the time when Black and White will be released is insane compared to the length of time between when Munchlax's sillouette was revealed and when Diamond and Pearl came out.

I'm going to be very surprised if wooguru is not swellow's evo

on another note, Kibago is one of the coolest looking pokes ever! I'm hoping for a dragon fighting evo, for something different

I agree, although admittedly it makes a lot more sense for Salamence to learn Outrage than Dragonite, IMO. I wish they would give Dragonite an exclusive move, because to be honest he isn't that great of a DDer (only bulky-which Dragon Claw is better for anyway). Considering he has the ability to pick up Pokemon, maybe he can use Free Fall?
you clearly dont know the rage of a fat guy. neither the hidden potential of that same fatass.

i am gonna put it short, nite just look like the pokemon would have some kind of hidden potential inside of him that would crush anything on his path, mence on the othe hand is already at its full power. and outrage as the name says is a rage atack at best and do you know how rage/hatred unleash the true fighting potential of someone?

yeah i am using anime logic but i think outrage fits nite more then mence.

you clearly dont know the rage of a fat guy. neither the hidden potential of that same fatass.

i am gonna put it short, nite just look like the pokemon would have some kind of hidden potential inside of him that would crush anything on his path, mence on the othe hand is already at its full power. and outrage as the name says is a rage atack at best and do you know how rage/hatred unleash the true fighting potential of someone?

yeah i am using anime logic but i think outrage fits nite more then mence.
Perhaps the worst kind of logic.

Actually, Nite just needs something better than Inner Focus. If this green Dragon thing really is the pseudolegendary, let's hope they give a second ability to all pseudolegendaries. I actually think Dust-Proof fits it well. And I could use it in Sandstorm... =)

hey i am the comic relief character so gimme a break.

and true he need something better then inner focus, thick fat anyone?
I don't know why Dragonite doesn't get Thick Fat, he'd be so good in that case... or Shed Skin, why the fuck doesn't Dragonite keep Shed Skin Q___Q

hey i am the comic relief character so gimme a break.

and true he need something better then inner focus, thick fat anyone?
I've been wanting Thick Fat Dragonite for a very long time. Other possibilites are Huge Power (lolololol), Serene Grace, and Water Veil. Huge Power would be undoubtedly broken, firing off 806 Attack (before Life Orb or Choice Band), but don't put it past Gamefreak to make up for their past mistakes and trying to balance things only to make them worse. Serene Grace wouldn't be very useful unless he gets Air Slash, although Claw Sharpen + Dragon Rush + Thunder Wave could be decent, though it takes a while to set up. Water Veil is really cool to me. Currently, only the Goldeen and Wailmer have it. Given Dragonair has Shed Skin, and they are aquatic creatures, it'd be cool to see Dragonite get this. No more worrying about getting burned while trying to set up against shit like Rotom-A or when switching into Heatran's Fire Blast (for bulky sets).

Doesn't Dragonite get DRAGON RUSH? A 100 BP Dragon move with a 60% flinch rate... is pretty awesome. (Y'know, if he got Serene Grace) Except for the shitty acc.

Well, he has insane stats. Nite losing its 4x weakness would probably make things unbalanced.
I don't think so, he's still easily countered by Mence, Flygon, even Kingdra, and powerful rock type attacks (at least, before he roosts)

But maybe.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I got the impression that there were so many legends in DPt just so they could hold off on showing new Pokémon to keep people interested. The time between when Zoroark's silhouette was revealed and the time when Black and White will be released is insane compared to the length of time between when Munchlax's sillouette was revealed and when Diamond and Pearl came out.
Makes sense. What I've heard also is that, after Twilight Princess's hype debacle, Nintendo decided they would only announce a game or give it some hype a few months before releasing it, so people wouldn't expect that much from a game like they did with Zelda TP.

I'm going to be very surprised if wooguru is not swellow's evo
They revealed Munarsha already saying it's Munna's evo. Wooguru is NOT an evo to Swellow or Mamepato or whatever pokémon we already know, trust me.

The next CoroCoro article details what is called the Mastery Document. Lots of information on the games and a massive bunch of new Pokemon. They've already revealed what? 27? I could easily see this next batch consisting of 20 Pokemon. I'm pumped.

OH YEAH1!!!!1 the mastery document! i got no idea wtf that means but if they are going to give us a bunch of new info then HELL YEAH BABE! what you people want to see in there?(luca evo plox)

Mario With Lasers

For now, we have 21 pokémon with official artworks, 7 that are known but were not shown yet in Corocoro (Moguryuu, Dozuryuu, Denchura, Desukaan, Ononokusu, rocky-thing, big-ears guy), 1 shown in that demo (Hatoopoo), and 2 that we shouldn't even know of already ("Rakonosuke" and "Tsutakeeku").

And technically there's also Minotauros but lol.

EDIT: I'm 99.6% sure we'll get those seven pokémon plus Hatoopoo and anything else shown on the game demos, meaning the middle stages of the starters.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I'm going to say JUST the 7. It would line up with how things were released in D/P pretty nicely, and seeing the Starter's middle stages doesn't make much sense.

Makes sense. What I've heard also is that, after Twilight Princess's hype debacle, Nintendo decided they would only announce a game or give it some hype a few months before releasing it, so people wouldn't expect that much from a game like they did with Zelda TP.
What? the game sold like shit and has an average rating of 94.51%, ~Nr. 30 on gamerankings. I havent played it but it was very successful for nintendo.
The coplaints were that its just an "Ocarina 2.0", it was never really said to be bad. I dont see a debacle.

And YAY for mastery document.

I'm just hoping that Delibird gets an evolution and a better type-change. I just like Delibird, and it's near useless in battle.

A typical 3v3 Battle Log

Turn 1:

Go Hippowdon!
Go Gyrados!
Go Heatran!
Opponent sent out Gyrados!
Opponent sent out Azelf!
Opponent sent out Smeargle!
Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a Sandstorm!
Gyrados was buffeted by the sandstorm!
Opponent's Gyrados was buffeted by the sandstorm!
Opponent's Azelf was buffeted by the sandstom!
Opponent's Smeargle was buffeted by the sandstorm!
Opponent's Gyrados' Intimidate lowered Hippowdon's attack!
Opponent's Gyrados' Intimidate lowered Gyrados' attack!
Opponent's Gyrados' Intimidate lowered Heatran's attack!
Gyrados' Intimdate lowered Gyrados' attack!
Gyrados' Intimidate lowered Azelf's attack!
Gyrados' Intimidate lowered Smeargle's attack!

Hmm, -1 Atk? Better switch out Gyrados. Hippowdon can SR or something. But what if he keeps his Gyrados in and DD's? Maybe not then. . . what if he has Surf for exactly this occasion, to hit Hippo and Tran at the same time? Did I give Heatran Passho? No, Scarf. I should expect Smeargle to Sleep something, but what would he perceive as the biggest threat? I could take him out if I choose the one he doesn't Sleep. His Sash is broken right? Oh and I should get my Ghost in for Azelf's explosion. But he won't explode as long as Smeargle's doing its job. What was his other Poke again? Oh yeah, Gyrados. I should move Heatran. But what about. . .

I was thinking of something cool earlier-
This "N" character has plans to seperate pokemon right, well what if he does so kinda in the same way as in Pokemon Colleseum, and XD? (I'm assuming there the same I've never played XD)
So this would bring about a scenario in which every time we battled him we could capture and "save" one of his pokemon.
This would be extremely cool, if say he captured the legendary before you. In order to obtain it you have to defeat his team, and the last one would be that very legend.

Just an Idea.

Also didn't they say more information would come on pokemon sunday this week?

Mario With Lasers

What? the game sold like shit and has an average rating of 94.51%, ~Nr. 30 on gamerankings. I havent played it but it was very successful for nintendo.
The coplaints were that its just an "Ocarina 2.0", it was never really said to be bad. I dont see a debacle.

And YAY for mastery document.
I meant "hype debacle", where the fandom and media thought it be the second coming but came kinda short.

It still sold really well and had good reception, but it seems Nintendo decided they'd never hype something up so early again. Just look at Nintendo's last conferences, every game announced was released three-ten months later. We never had something like Twilight Princess or even D/P, where the first mention of the game was two years before the release (and seriously why the fuck do companies do that, isn't it obvious shit will get bad once the game doesn't live to the hype).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)