Practice VGC Battles Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
To battle online do you have to register. I'm trying to,but everytime I enter the confirmation password it says I didn't do it right and I know I did. I've entered and reentered the password and confirmation, but it won't work. :(((((
Actually, you don't need to register in order to battle. If upon connecting to a server you're asked for a password, this means someone registered nick you tried to use.

There is something built for mac, but only for Leopard and Snow Leopard. You should "Go Online", wait for the server list to pop up, and select a server by double clicking on it.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How do you get in a battle? I have my team, I challenge someone or accept a challenge and nothing happens.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is certainly good stuff once getting used to as I hope my opponents in Newark especially in the earlier rounds are nowhere near as tough as the ones I had to face.

Also, if anyone finds any bugs or errors or would like to provide suggestions, then please post it on the Pokemon Online forums.

Looks cool, but I'm still paranoid about .exe/cutables after postcard.exe invaded my computer.

So, random question: Anyone got a virus or anything like that from this?

Alright, I finally found out how to use it with Crossover 9.0 on my mac, and I must admit, it's pretty nice. Wish everyone wasn't "busy" as they say, would be better than to battle the same person over and over again.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This has actually really helped, its gave me competition and helped me look for potential weaknesses and fix them.

I just tried it and its not good. Blizzard did nothing to a Groudon and my berries didn't activate
I've had issues with both opponents avoiding attacks (I think that might be a probability error at most though) but not berries. Those work fine. And blizzard usually hits even without hail (like on the DS)

It's been working fine for me.

I did have one glitch that had my Water Spout kill three of his Pokemon some how. It killed one of his guys on the field, then it brought out his last Pokemon from his party before the Water Spout finished and Water Spout was activated again and killed both the new Pokemon and the second one of the field.

Needless to say, I thought it was pretty hilarious and awesome, but my opponent didn't think so.

but my opponent didn't think so.
I'd be loling pretty hard, regardless of losing. I never get pissed about program glitches because they are usually either 1) beneficial or 2) hilarious. In this case the latter. lol

In one case Explosion killed me and my opponent even though I had beaten the rest of his/her pokes. I was really just messing around and didn't expect it. Dumb tie made me lul. XD

Updated again, now there's a VGC tier on the main beta server and the VGC server has gone down. Unforunately, when I was using it it didn't seem to work properly, so the VGCers migrated to Ubers doubles instead (with [VGC] at the start of their nick to show what ruleset they were using); it might be fixed by the time you read this message, though.

I am downloading this bad ass looking program, finnaly Australians can get some of the VGC fun! (Kind of)

I can't connect to some of the servers, particularly Rover's Stadium(the most populated one). anyone know what this means:
Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I never got netbattle to work but at least this one works even though it's got a few bugs I've had to patiently work around. One of such was when attacking some moves (even without imprison or encore) didn't seem to work, or I had to select my attacks again on same turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)