Practice VGC Battles Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, does anyone know how to access battle logs? I have the settings set to saving them, but I don't know where exactly they are for me to use them or at least read them.

I have a new idea to get it(jekyl hyde seems shady), but just to make sure it's safe I have to ask again.

Did anyone get a virus from this program?

Yep, I found it, thanks Kioku.

And Garaluo, no, it's fine. I've been using it for several weeks and I've had no problems. You'll be fine.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
An open source program with a virus?

...Lol.
Someone can still take the source code and compile their own version that distributes a virus. Which is why you always get your latest versions from the original, trusted source.

Someone can still take the source code and compile their own version that distributes a virus. Which is why you always get your latest versions from the original, trusted source.
Speaking of which...

Differences:
- NetBattle contains malware in the form of a rootkit. PO does not contain malware.
Would it be a safe bet to assume he rootkit I got around the time I first put Netbattle on was from that program? And is the reason more people aren't reporting it simply because rootkits are just hard to detect? I would think out of all the people that got NBS, there would be much more complaints about it having a virus.

Since were on the topic of viruses, I don't know if this relates or not, but today I got a pretty nasty virus on my computer and I am wondering if it is related to pokemon online as I have never got a virus before this one I had today. It's the kind of virus that doesn't let you open the task manager or any program other than the internet. I got my download from the original site pokemon-online.eu.

Since were on the topic of viruses, I don't know if this relates or not, but today I got a pretty nasty virus on my computer and I am wondering if it is related to pokemon online as I have never got a virus before this one I had today. It's the kind of virus that doesn't let you open the task manager or any program other than the internet. I got my download from the original site pokemon-online.eu.
Is it a rogue spyware? (fake anti-spyware) I actually got one like that too from Jekyl(I think), it's called antispyware-soft. Luckily it's fairly easy to get rid of.

Finally got around to downloading this and it is a lot nicer than Netbattle. I also like how it took me only 2 hours to reach number 5 on the ladder.

andrea

/me cresselias
Uhm, I got that exact same virus a week ago on my computer a couple days after I'd downloaded PO. I downloaded from the original site, and I'd never had a virus before, just like you. I don't want to blame it on the program either, but now seeing that you got it too makes me kind of anxious. But yup, I couldn't open anything at all.

Is it a rogue spyware? (fake anti-spyware) I actually got one like that too from Jekyl(I think), it's called antispyware-soft. Luckily it's fairly easy to get rid of.
The one I had was called antispyware. And it wasn't easy to get rid of in my case. My computer had to be completely wiped of all its memory. =(

...I got the exact same virus as Garaluo, Antispyware Soft. Let me tell you that it many be easy to remove, but it's still annoying as hell. The virus itself is also annoying, denying access to programs and opening up random windows and popups.

Like godudette said, I'm not trying to blame it on the program but the fact that 4+ people got the same type of virus after downloading this concerns me. Be cautious...

I received the anti-spyware soft virus within an hour or so of downloading PO a week ago. I had let my AV expire and had to quickly update. Mcafee recognized and removed it quickly once I updated, but it was a vicious and painful virus until the anti-virus kicked in.

I'm not saying I got it from PO - but for those stating with certainty that the software is virus/spyware free ... I wouldn't be so certain.

Again, if you are running McAfee or other anti-virus software, doesn't seem to be an issue.

I wanted to trust this... Oh, well antispyware soft is pretty easy to get rid of manually too. I'm trying it again, I'll bring back news if I get Asws again.

This really creeps me out. Maybe one of us should go on their forums and request a check or something.

I've also gotten the Antispyware Soft virus recently. However, I haven't downloaded PO. I have a feeling that this problem might actually be from smogon, though that may sound strange. If I stay off of this site, my computer is fine. But when I have used this site recently, my antivirus program (avira antivir) keeps detecting something, and Antispyware Soft soon appears.

Uhm, I got that exact same virus a week ago on my computer a couple days after I'd downloaded PO. I downloaded from the original site, and I'd never had a virus before, just like you. I don't want to blame it on the program either, but now seeing that you got it too makes me kind of anxious. But yup, I couldn't open anything at all.

The one I had was called antispyware. And it wasn't easy to get rid of in my case. My computer had to be completely wiped of all its memory. =(
Yeah same here, I would have normally tried to fix it, by using my laptop and researching how to fix it, but since my Dad got windows 7, I just put that on my computer instead of spending a lot of my time trying to figure it out.

the problem isnt PO I had the same problem two days before downloading PO dunno where it came from couldnt open anything but the internet good thing my anti virus program is automatic scans the whole computer every saturday at 1pm so the problem was easy to get rid off.
but seeing how many people got the same problem as me gets me wondering from where this virus comes

Idk what it is. All i know is that my gf got it and I dont have PO on her laptop. My brother got it also and PO is not on that computer. I have had PO for weeks and do not have it yet. I dont have the updated version yet bc I am too lazy to download it. I think my teacher got it also and I know no one uses smogon on that computer. Idk what the cause is. Its probably just a virus going around. I dont think that either PO or Smogon are the cause.

I think the safest way of not getting this kind of malware is having a publicity blocker, like "adblock plus" for mozilla firefox. Then you will get way less viruses threats when browsing the internet, namely malicious ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)