Propose-a-Game / Request-a-Host Thread

Hey so I had this idea for a new mafia game with a couple experimental ideas. I'm gonna want a host to develop the roles with me, and stuff.
It's gonna be based around people being involved in the game despite being dead. :O

Contact me I guess?

I was wondering if it would be feasible to host a Smogon Magic: the Gathering tournament. I've seen references all over the place, so I figure there must be some interest. Matches would be completed over MWSPlay, preferably.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I am currently working on what will quite possibly be a very complex game, one that will require more than one co-host. I already have one co-host currently (he is on vacation), however I am in desperate need of another one. If you plan on being my cohost, you must be fully versed in the Ace Attorney series, not only the first three but also AJ:AA and ME:I. I would prefer if the cohost is very flexible and is willing to help build this game up from scratch. This game is planned to be an Expert game and will take a few months to complete. The best way to notify me if you want to be my second cohost would be via PM.

You know, sometimes people are just looking to cohost when they think something that is good is good. Sorry if you were a potential cohost, but I think I found the guy I needed.

Requesting a host and a cohost for a game. The basic idea of it is that all faction members have unique win conditions and a faction's goals is to get more completed win conditions than any other factions.

Contact me if you are interested.

Requesting an assistant for a mafia idea. I have it all in mind, and can take care of most of the work, but someone to help out, clean up whatever errors I make, and assist overall in making sure I don't mess something up would be nice. Bouncing idea's off might be cool too. PM me if you're interested.

Edit: Found someone, well, they found me.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I was wondering if it would be feasible to host a Smogon Magic: the Gathering tournament. I've seen references all over the place, so I figure there must be some interest. Matches would be completed over MWSPlay, preferably.
I came here to propose MtG and I find this. I'm wondering if people would be interested...? I don't know if asking here is the best place. Do people even check this thread?

To be completely honest I don't think there'd be enough commitment for it. Interest does not necessarily dictate commitment, as demonstrated in other nonmafia games on the forum (YGO, TCG, haxball, that scribble game), all of which are plagued by inactivity after signups. This seems to be a running theme with all real-time games, while passive games (mafia, diplo) enjoy reasonable success in participation.

I don't play Magic, just thought I'd chime in.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
We have Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments, I find it hard to believe we couldn't have a MTG tournament. I don't even play Magic, but I'd participate if someone built me a deck (I do that with friends from time to time).

As my sig says, me and at least 3 other people are interested in playing D&D over IRC. Is there anyone who would be willing to host a D&D game for us, and anyone else who wants to play? At least 2 of us have never played D&D before, so an experienced GM who can explain all the rules will be much appreciated :) PM me if you want to play or be the GM.

EDIT: I made a D&D social group; if you're interested, join the group and discuss it there.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I know Smogon has had chess tournaments before, but there hasn't been one in a while. Would people be interested in having another one? I could host it.

I am reserving the idea of paper mario mafia, which will likely use the hp system and all that cool stuff. Since I've barely given any thought to it atm as I am busy as hell (if this game will happen it will likely be in august or something), I am open to creative suggestions. If you like the idea a lot you might even want to "co-host" by helping me design some concepts and possibly filling in for me when I'm unable to do something, but I want maximum control so I wouldn't want a second host.

(fyi badges and defense and even bp will likely be main concepts if you were doubting it)

Hi there!

I've recently been thinking of creating a Pikmin Mafia.

This game would have a "shop" feature similar to the one in Fire Emblem Mafia and being active in the game could possibly help you win! (Hope that makes sense). This isn't a requirement, but I would prefer a cohost who has at least played through the first game.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks!

EDIT: Here's a brief overview of some of the mechanics for this game-

- A shop feature where players spend Pikmin on items that give them various abilities
- Players harvest a certain amount of Pikmin each night (Haven't decided how many yet)
- If a PM is sent during a certain period of time during the day, the player gets more Pikmin (The reason why activity can be rewarding)
- Players lose a certain amount of Pikmin each time they are targeted by a night action or a lynch vote is cast against them
- A bank that is used by an entire faction. Each player can only put in a certain amount of Pikmin. Any Pikmin in the bank will be protected from everything that would otherwise remove them.

EDITEDIT: Cohost found!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)