RIP Laundry (AKA Randumb)

:(

User Laundry has recently passed if anyone knew him well or talked to him regularly you can PM me for a link to his funeral page where you can leave a message, I'm just weary about posting it so openly.

Here's a log from #smogon where a friend of his came on to tell us and to see if he could get some info about Laundry. (deleted all the unnecessary stuff)

[18:34] <tgies> hello folks
[18:34] <tgies> did a "Laundry" regularly hang out in here fairly recently?
[18:34] <tgies> or perhaps "randumb"
[18:38] <+Phiddlesticks> yeah
[18:38] <@alexaway> yes tgies
[18:38] <@alexaway> laundry
[18:38] <tgies> perhaps as recently as the third?
[18:38] <@alexaway> yes
[18:39] <@G80> did something happen to him
[18:39] <@alexaway> man i hope not
[18:39] <tgies> unfortunately, yes
[18:39] <@alexaway> god dammit
[18:39] <@G80> damn
[18:39] <tgies> :(
[18:39] <@alexaway> please tell me he didnt fall out
[18:39] <@G80> is he ok
[18:39] <tgies> not so much
[18:39] <tgies> He died early Jan 3rd
[18:39] <@G80> holy shit
[18:39] <@G80> wow
[18:39] <@alexaway> was it the dope he picked up?
[18:40] <tgies> alexaway: well, that's part of what I'm trying to piece together
[18:40] <tgies> the last we heard from him was hours before
[18:40] <tgies> and he had taken something
[18:40] <@alexaway> ugh wow
[18:40] <+Phiddlesticks> :(
[18:41] <@alexaway> i was really really hoping that wasnt why he wasnt coming on
[18:41] <@alexaway> crossed my mind multiple times too knowing he had just picked up for the first time in a while
[18:41] <tgies> alexaway did he talk about this on here, i'd be really interested to see any logs you have or anything
[18:41] <@alexaway> it was in pm and i dont save logs :/
[18:41] <@alexaway> i can tell you what i remember though
[18:42] <tgies> I'm just trying to put a picture together for people who are wondering what happened, but we kind of figured he OD'd
[18:42] <tgies> that'd be appreciated
[18:42] <wer> TGIES WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS CHANNEL
[18:42] <wer> also hi
[18:43] <@Hipmonlee> uhh read up dude
[18:43] <tgies> honoring a Perished Bro
[18:43] <wer> ah
[18:43] <tgies> :|
[18:43] <tgies> also hi
[18:43] <wer> that's too bad =(
[18:43] <@Hipmonlee> do you know his real name?
[18:43] <tgies> I do
[18:43] <wer> fucking a, that sucks man =(
[18:43] <tgies> I also have a link to a funeral home page
[18:43] <@alexaway> fucking ugh i tried really hard to convince him to wait until wednesday to use again
[18:44] <tgies> and I don't suppose it could hurt terribly to link you guys to it I guess
[18:44] <tgies> promise me you won't leave creepy stuff on his guestbook thing
[18:44] <@evan> shit.
[18:44] <@alexaway> if you dont want to show everyone pm it to me at least please
[18:44] <+makiri> wow
[18:44] <tgies> <link removed>
[18:44] <@evan> i will ban for life anyone who fucks that up
[18:45] <@Steelicks> wow i dont know this user but im very sorry to hear about it
[18:45] <+makiri> yeah we talked sometimes
[18:45] <+makiri> thats a real shame
[18:47] <&Broolucks> oh god that's so sad :(
[18:47] <@evan> god damn
[18:47] <Eraddd> holy shit
[18:48] <Eraddd> condolences to his family
[18:49] <&Vincent> Laundry died?
[18:49] <@evan> twenty years old
[18:49] <@evan> tragic
[18:49] <alan> wait what
[18:49] <alan> for real?
[18:49] <@evan> not even 19
[18:49] <~christopher> wow thats really sad
[18:49] <@evan> not even, 19*
[18:53] <alan> man
[18:53] <alan> hes as old as i am
[18:54] <alan> just
[18:54] <alan> "bam"
[18:54] <Eraddd> I'm just one month younger than he is
[18:54] <Eraddd> Wow
[18:55] <alan> I was wondering why I hadn't seen him in the past couple of days.
[18:56] <drcossack> yeah
[18:56] <alan> fuck.
[18:56] <alan> anyone know how?
[18:56] <Crux> he od'd
[18:56] <&Vincent> I can guess how
[18:56] <alan> i was assuming that
[18:56] <alan> but i was hoping that wasnt it
[18:56] <alan> fucking goddamnit
[18:57] <~christopher> on what?
[18:57] <tgies> We are not certain he OD'd but that is what it looks like.
[18:57] <@alexaway> heroin and maybe something else most likely
[18:57] <&Broolucks> such a shame
[18:57] <alan> he was heavy into heroin
[18:57] <@alexaway> i dunno if id say that....hed stopped for a while, just started again sunday
[18:59] <+makiri> speedball
[19:07] <tgies> i'll probably lurk in here for a bit, but if anyone wants to get hold of me -- irc.wgiowrb.net #animutation
[19:10] <@alexaway> yeah thanks a lot

I hadn't talked to him overly much, but I was around to see him on IRC regularly and he was nothing but kind and respectful to others. My deepest condolences go out to his family in this hard time.

Man, I can't say that I even recognize the name in all honesty, but it still hits me, since just from the log I can tell that people liked and cared for him. Hoping the best for the family and friends, even if hope isn't much.

RIP Laundry :( I didn't know him too well admittedly but that's still really sad.. he seemed like a pretty nice guy and Im sorry to hear that... If you're reading this, tgies, my thoughts go out to you.

Dude..I don't even know what to post. Just need it express that this is awful and hits hard I guess..

Not going to pretend I knew him forever but the ~5 months that I did know him we got to know each other pretty well and discussed all kinds of things, all stemmed from simple mafia chat =/ To think I was naive enough to think I'd never know anybody online to die.

Rest in peace.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
man i thought this was a joke first, but this is really sad news

rip laundry, you were a good mafia player and a very smart person.

im going to miss you so much, you were a lot of fun to talk to and you gave me some really good advice. i wish i could have known you for longer ]=

That name seems familiar, I think I've seen him once or twice on IRC. I personally don't know him, but I do realise how sad this must be to his family and friends.

Rest in peace.

i didn't know the guy very well, but i saw him on IRC almost daily and exchanged a few lines occasionally. this is sad and shocking news and i am sorry this had to happen to such a young and smart man :\

may he rest in peace

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I didn't know him too well, but when we did talk he was a nice guy and a pleasure to speak to, complete shame he passed away at such a young age. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

saw him on fluodome / warau on the oft occasion i happened in, seemed to be a really nice guy, damn shame, it's always a fucking tragedy when it happens this young too

rest in peace

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RIP Laundry... We spoke quite a bit regarding mafia, and you came off as a pretty intelligent guy. It hit me pretty hard when I heard you were gone, it's a real shame...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
didn't know you, but RIP, you seemed like you were a good guy

gk

mighty
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
We weren't best friends, but we had a few conversations as we frequented most of the same channels and had some similar interests.. Shocking to say the least. My condolences to his family.

As a side note, I hope it wasn't somebody from this forum who defaced his funeral home guestbook wall, bitch move.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
who the fuck defaced his wall

i swear to god whoever did that needs to rot in hell

god help me if i ever find out

Can't say I know him, though the name rings some bells. And from the picture I get from the comments, it's a damn shame he's gone.

Rest in peace, wherever you are.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Laundry, though I did not know him, I did see his name a few times.
Regardless, he's one of us, and a human being deserving of prayers.
May he experience the peace he sought, and may his family grieve little and honor much his memory. God bless.

Did anyone catch the foreshadowing nature of a post he made about a month ago in a similar thread to this? He was just another name among thousands here, but the human life behind every avatar is precious. May his family find peace in this trying time.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Knew him a bit from mafia, we talked a few times and he seemed pretty cool
RIP man :(

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
sad news, really. we both hung out in the same irc channels and i had more than a few conversations with him about various topics. such a shame. my condolences and may he rest in peace.

good night, sweet prince.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As a side note, I hope it wasn't somebody from this forum who defaced his funeral home guestbook wall, bitch move.
if we ever find out who that was i would like to see to it that they are permanently banned from this website

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I didn't know whether to believe in this or not so I didn't click on it sooner. Can't believe this happened right around the corner of the Online Deaths thread, too.

I never got to talk with him directly, though. A bit of a shame he had to die of an OD when you have the drugs thread in page 1 on Cong almost all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)