Sawsbuck

Its too bad Nature Power can't be used competitively (because its always Tri Attack online). If only you could change the terrain pre-battle and get 20 PP Earthquakes. :P
Someone's psychic; Nature Power has been changed from Tri Attack to Earthquake according to the research thread.

It's nice to see that Mebukijika gets a way to hit Steels other than the unreliable Jump Kick. Of course, it will still be walled by Gengar and Drifblim and be walled by Skarmory and Bronzong even more than it already is, but it will hit Jirachi, Metagross, and Fire types harder than Jump Kick. Not being walled by Shanderaa is great as well.

breh

強いだね
I was almost going to make a Shiftry thread for Nature Power lol

Anyway this is pretty cool for Mebukijika since it now gets something more reliable than Jump Kick. In addition, it has overall better synergy with its STABs since it's now not walled by every grass resistant ghost, just every grass resistant ghost that flies.

Now all it needs is wood hammer from pokemon grey egg moves or tutors...

This thing hits Jarodas so hard without the +2 Leaf Storm boost. Sweeps half the time on my offensive team checking stuff like Erufuun's leech seeding fun time and grass attack spam. Works well with Abagoora or Swampy.

Really? Its Earthquake on online matches? Cool! ^_^;
Confirmed Nature Power becomes Earthquake in Wi-Fi battles. (Philip7086, Setsuna)

yep seems like it.
That sure makes me like this thing a lot more than I already do. I just wish I could keep it in winter form all the time. I think it looks better that way :P

I will try this thing out though. It looks like it'd be fun to play around with as an Efruun check which I'm sure will be very common :)

Mebukijika @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Adamant
136 HP/252 Atk/120 Spe
Double Edge
Jump Kick
Wood Horn
Wild Bolt/Megahorn/Aromatherapy(that's what I use)/Synthesis

With Spikes support, this thing is deadly. Outspeeds Jolly ScarfChomp in the sun and inflicts massive damage with Double Edge. Jump Kick OHKOs ScarfSazando (also outsped) and cripples Genosect but most of the time, DE is enough. Wood Horn is great for killing Burunkeru/Suicune/Water Pony and leeching off their large HP, and with Aromatherapy, you can heal your burn while Buru recovers and still 2HKO, doing about 70% to standard set (IIRC, not 100% sure on calcs). Double Edge also OHKOs Ononokusu with 1 layer of spikes, so he makes a god check for him too.

Overall, Mebukijika is IMO the best physical option on Sun teams (Tangrowth has better coverage, but is too slow, losing to common scarfers).
Now DroughtTales and Nature Power have been confirmed, this thing has a ton of potential in Sun teams. Most viable physical option they have, along with Tangrowth, who trades speed and coverage for bulk and mixed potential.

I run a set very similar to the one above, only with Nature Power over Jump Kick and Megahorn in the fourth slot on my Sun team and it tears whole teams a new one.

Frail offensive teams are simply OHKOed one by one, and more bulky ones can be swept with hazard support, which this guy loves.

He is very valuable in that he can be EVed to outspeed every single OU scarfer even with Adamant, and still has plenty of EVs to spare. Scarf Lati@s for instance, most Sun teams hate, but Mebu destroys them with Megahorn. Synthesis and SD are options, but he loves the coverage of 4 attacks, and other Sun sweepers are bulkier and do mixed better with Growth, so he's arguably fine purely attacking.

Now DroughtTales and Nature Power have been confirmed, this thing has a ton of potential in Sun teams. Most viable physical option they have, along with Tangrowth, who trades speed and coverage for bulk and mixed potential.

I run a set very similar to the one above, only with Nature Power over Jump Kick and Megahorn in the fourth slot on my Sun team and it tears whole teams a new one.

Frail offensive teams are simply OHKOed one by one, and more bulky ones can be swept with hazard support, which this guy loves.

He is very valuable in that he can be EVed to outspeed every single OU scarfer even with Adamant, and still has plenty of EVs to spare. Scarf Lati@s for instance, most Sun teams hate, but Mebu destroys them with Megahorn. Synthesis and SD are options, but he loves the coverage of 4 attacks, and other Sun sweepers are bulkier and do mixed better with Growth, so he's arguably fine purely attacking.
Im thinking of useing one on m Sunny Day team, but i cant decide if i should replace Venusaur with it....

Im thinking of useing one on m Sunny Day team, but i cant decide if i should replace Venusaur with it....
Replace something else, lol. Venusaur + Mebukijika are great together. Venusaur is nice on sun teams because it can absorb Toxic Spikes. It's also a good mixed sweeper with Growth, Power Whip, Sludge Bomb, and HP Fire. I've been running the above with a SD Mebu: Double-Edge, Wood Horn, Nature Power. I really want to try out a Chlorophyll SubSeeder: Substitute/Leech Seed/Return/Jump Kick. Return + Jump Kick cover basically all of the Grass-types, and its fast Leech Seed means you can outstall resistors of the combination: Ghosts.

Replace something else, lol. Venusaur + Mebukijika are great together. Venusaur is nice on sun teams because it can absorb Toxic Spikes. It's also a good mixed sweeper with Growth, Power Whip, Sludge Bomb, and HP Fire. I've been running the above with a SD Mebu: Double-Edge, Wood Horn, Nature Power. I really want to try out a Chlorophyll SubSeeder: Substitute/Leech Seed/Return/Jump Kick. Return + Jump Kick cover basically all of the Grass-types, and its fast Leech Seed means you can outstall resistors of the combination: Ghosts.
I concur, having two chlorophyllers, one specially based and one physical is very useful - they can break down walls for the other easily.

I run similar sets to you with the same pokes - but am trying Giga Drain or Petal Dance to make Venu run a purely special set - and Megahorn over SD so I can maim Grass and Psychic types without having to inflict huge recoil on myself. I will try SD sometime, but atm it feels like Mebu has enough power as is (especially with hazards).

Sorry for the double post, but upon further reflection it really seems that Nature Power(EQ)<Jump Kick in wifi play.

All the balloon users mean that EQ is often pretty much useless, since you need to first hit them with another NVE attack before KOing, and the steels doing this will be hit by JK anyway. Fires except heatran are hit almost as hard by Double Edge, making it somewhat worthless overall, and he is covered by JK. Moreover, this gives Mebu the ability to OHKO even any defensive TTar with huge ease even in Sand, a great boon to Sun teams.

The main thing walling you due to this change is Shanderaa, who does not have Shadow Tag on wifi as of yet, enabling it to be dealt with reasonably well by the rest of the team. Gengar walls whatever you choose tbh.

Sorry for the double post, but upon further reflection it really seems that Nature Power(EQ)<Jump Kick in wifi play.

All the balloon users mean that EQ is often pretty much useless, since you need to first hit them with another NVE attack before KOing, and the steels doing this will be hit by JK anyway. Fires except heatran are hit almost as hard by Double Edge, making it somewhat worthless overall, and he is covered by JK. Moreover, this gives Mebu the ability to OHKO even any defensive TTar with huge ease even in Sand, a great boon to Sun teams.

The main thing walling you due to this change is Shanderaa, who does not have Shadow Tag on wifi as of yet, enabling it to be dealt with reasonably well by the rest of the team. Gengar walls whatever you choose tbh.
Also, Nattorei walls you pretty bad without Jump Kick; but with JK, it's easy to break it after a SD boost (guaranteed OHKO with one layer of spikes or SR, IIRC)^.^

I've been running this poke along with a NP Shiftry in my sun team, and they work great together, for the same reasons mentioned above (I DID replace Venusaur with Mej-damn Nattorei was walling me so hard I could cry)

3 cheers for my new favorite sun-abusing poke ^_^

Also, Nattorei walls you pretty bad without Jump Kick; but with JK, it's easy to break it after a SD boost (guaranteed OHKO with one layer of spikes or SR, IIRC)^.^

I've been running this poke along with a NP Shiftry in my sun team, and they work great together, for the same reasons mentioned above (I DID replace Venusaur with Mej-damn Nattorei was walling me so hard I could cry)

3 cheers for my new favorite sun-abusing poke ^_^
Very true - but if it lacks Gyro Ball then you can simply kill it without running SD!

I tried Shiftry but prefer Venu+Mebu due to Shiftry's frailty tbh.

And as advice - run HP Fire on Venu - catches all steels off guard and covers you against opposing Grasses. Sludge Bomb/EQ in the third slot to cover either dragons or Heatran, whichever your team has issues with.

'Scuse my lateness on posting on this awesome Pokemon, but I've only just looked over it in detail there now, and come to the conclusion that this thing is awesome.

As nice as Herbivore is as an ability, its base 95 Speed and large (6!) amount of weaknesses is going to make it hard for this thing to sweep. Since it already has a better method of boosting its Atk in Swords Dance, I say the better option is Chlorophyll, which means Sun support is a must. If I'm not mistaken, it's the joint 3rd fastest user of Chloropyll there is, after Jumpluff and Erufuun, which lets face it, are most likely NOT going to be running Chloropyll, so its effectively joint first.

Bambi's Revenge
Mebukijika @Life Orb
Adamant 252Atk/ 252Spe/ 4 Def
-Swords Dance
-Wood Horn
-Double-Edge/ Return
-Wild Bolt/ Jump Kick

With Sun, this thing reaches a pretty beastly 578 Spe, effectively outspeeding...everything. Well, not really, but it still is very fast. Basically Swords Dance up, and hit whatever comes in hard. The choice of Double-Edge or Return comes down to whatever you use in the last slot, since recoil from Wild Bolt, Double-Edge AND Life Orb will end Mebukijika's sweep fast. The choice between Wild Bolt and Jump Kick is down to what you want to be walled by:

Grass/ Normal/ Fighting is resisted by: Drifblim, Haunter/ Gengar, Giratina, Shandera and Shedinja

Realistically only Drifblim, Haunter and Shedinja will be in the lower tiers.

Grass/ Normal/ Electric is resisted by: Dialga, Giratina, Magneton/ Magnezone, Nattorei and Shedinja

Which, again realistically, will mean Magneton and Shedinja will be in the lower tiers.

My Advice: Go with Wild Bolt, since not only does it get better coverage, it also hits incoming Flyers for SE damage. Other moves such as Nature Power (Earthquake) and Megahorn get pretty poor coverage with its STABs, so they're not really worth considering.

--------------------------------------

I haven't testing this thing yet but I'm looking forward to it.

From some matches I've had using Mebukijika, Smeargle might just be the new Kevin Costner (they let him breed?)

#1: Swords Dance + Natural Gift (Dragon damage Berry) = hits Kingdra and Dragonite hard

#2: Camoflage~ this guy is possibly the better user of it

#3: Synthesis + Leftovers + defensive EV's go 'decent' with Drizzle Politoed, as Grass and Electric are resisted by it. Flying, Bug, and Ice still hurt.

#4: Nature Power on a Chlorophyll might screw Drought Ninetales unless it can Taunt (unable to Nature Power as Nature Power will fail if you get Taunted)

#5: Rugged Helmet + Substitute might save you if as a Lead if Machamp/Goruggo scare you.

Oh, and LOL to Balloon Goruggo.

Apparently Mebukijika, being the Sun's version of a "Doryuuzu"-style sweeper, is not as deserving of OU analysis as Daikenki. I feel that I should make a starting point for serious discussion here, by showcasing everything this poke's got:

From now on, assume two things about my sets:
1) Chlorophyll with sun up
2) A 272 speed stat (to beat scarved 115s). I originally only ran 250 to beat Scarfchomp, but was convinced to go higher.

If I list Chople Berry, it's because Mebukijika takes non-lethal damage rom Roopushin's Mach Punch while using it.
If I list Yache Berry, it's to beat +1 Cune (or any other bulky Water's) Ice Beam while boosting and OHKO back with Wood Horn (restoring the majority of your HP).
If I list Life Orb, I'll note important OHKOs when they're relevant.

Otherwise I'll keep it simple.

I've tested most of these in OU, so these are effective sets from experience. If I say Beats, I mean Mebukijika wins that matchup 100% of the time, no matter how hurt it is. If I say Jobs, I mean Mebukijika's sweep ends there; it has to switch out, die, or take status. I'm not including previously damaged foes or SR - I'm assuming the opponent came in with 100% HP and (if applicable) an intact Balloon:

Swords Dance #1
Mebukijika-S (Mebukijika-Summer) (F) @ Chople Berry / Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Faint Attack

Beats: Sazandora, Doryuuzu, Nattorei (without T Wave), Ghosts, Tyranitar, ChanBliss, Umbreon, Cradily, Ices
Jobs: Skarmory, Bug/Steels, Sableye, Hax (missing Jump Kick does insane damage)

Swords Dance #2
Mebukijika-S (Mebukijika-Summer) (F) @ Chople Berry / Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 Def / 184 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Nature Power
- Wild bolt
Beats: Most Steels without Balloon, Shandera without Balloon, Skarmory without Brave Bird, bulky Ninetales and other non-Ballooned enemy Fires, Gyarados, Togekiss, Metagross and Jirachi.
Jobs: Balloon Doryuuzu and Fires, Nattorei, Bug/Steels, Sableye

Cheer Up #1
Mebukijika-A (Mebukijika-Autumn) (F) @ Chople Berry / Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 68 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Cheer Up
- Return / Double-Edge
- Nature Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Beats: Grasses, Nattorei, Bug/Steels, Steelix, Skarmory, Shandera and Heatran w/o balloon, Skarmory, bulky Ninetales and other non-Ballooned enemy Fires, Metagross and Jirachi.
Jobs: Balloon Doryuuzu and Fires, bulky Waters and Ghosts.

Cheer Up #2
Mebukijika-A (Mebukijika-Autumn) (F) @ Chople Berry / Life Orb
- Cheer Up
- Return / Double-Edge
- Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Beats: Grasses, Nattorei, Bug/Steels, Steelix, Skarmory, Heatran, Metagross and Jirachi, Sazandora, Tyranitar, ChanBliss, Umbreon, Cradily, Ices.
Jobs: Shandera, bulky Waters, Fires, and Ghosts

Cheer Up #3 (Tactical Cheer)
Mebukijika-A (Mebukijika-Autumn) (F) @ Yache Berry / Chople Berry / Life Orb
- Cheer Up
- Double-Edge
- Wood Horn
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Beats: Grasses, Erufuun, Nattorei, Bug/Steels, Steelix, Skarmory, Metagross and Jirachi, ChanBliss, Hippowdon, bulky Waters
Jobs: Heatran, Shandera, Mach Punchers
NOTE: Designed to "defend" the Sun (OHKO anything that changes the weather). Wont take out bulky/scarf Tar, though.

Four-Attack
Mebukijika-W (Mebukijika-Winter) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SDef / 184 Spd
- Double-Edge
- Wood Horn / Nature Power
- Jump Kick
- Faint Attack

Beats: Anything it can OHKO. With Wood Horn, Erufuun.
Jobs: Skarmory. Many ballooned Fires. Without Nature Power, bulky Fires and Steels. Without Wood Horn, Erufuun and bulky Waters/Grounds.
NOTE: Also can "defend sun". But bulky Toed needs to have lost some HP and Scarftar's gonna outspeed.

SubSeed
Mebukijika (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 76 HP / 244 SAtk / 188 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Beats
: Well, basically whatever it can.
Jobs: Without a sub up: Breloom, Erufuun, Jumpluff, Xatu, and Espeon.

OTHER OPTIONS

Baton Pass, working with SD/CU/Agil
Aromatherapy
Thunder Wave
Natural Gift
Synthesis
Grasswhistle, 55 Acc and paper defenses being the main reason not to use it.
Herbivore, eh, people don't throw Grass attacks around enough to justify it. And really, Zeburaika and Baffuron do lawnchomping much better.

Wish List:
Growth. XD. Mebu would do from deadly to broken with one turn of set up.

Imo, there aren't really enough commonly used grass moves to make the best use of herbivore, other than status moves, but Giga Drain could become more popular with the +15 bp boost. This thing could be great in uu though.

Most sets I've attempted do poorly when I try to Normal hit so I stopped using its Normal STAB options. Wood Horn is one hell of a move though. I cleanly 2hko'd a Chansey (evo stone probably) without needing to SD up. Ran Hidden Power Flying over the weekend as Breloom was threatening me for a few.

Moves that it can't learn but 'could' use would be Overhead Throw (horns & CAP), Weather Ball, Blaze Kick, and Glare (Bambi's mother got shot? Glare the hunter!)

Camoflage is an odd but unusually decent option. And no. Its not a gimmick. Watch Teddy Ruxpin reruns if you want gimmicky thoughts. Camoflage can reuce damage. I once Camoflaged my Starmie and STAB Hyper Beam'd a Zuruzukin for a critical.

Imo, there aren't really enough commonly used grass moves to make the best use of herbivore, other than status moves, but Giga Drain could become more popular with the +15 bp boost. This thing could be great in uu though.
Not on Mister Deer when Wood Horn is better than a Giga. One main downside is that Liquid Ooze ability means (Balloon?) Tentacruel could well be one of the more unusual 'counters' to Mister Deer as Wood Horn will hurt both Tentacruel and Deerly Beloved.

Most sets I've attempted do poorly when I try to Normal hit so I stopped using its Normal STAB options. Wood Horn is one hell of a move though. I cleanly 2hko'd a Chansey (evo stone probably) without needing to SD up. Ran Hidden Power Flying over the weekend as Breloom was threatening me for a few.

Moves that it can't learn but 'could' use would be Overhead Throw (horns & CAP), Weather Ball, Blaze Kick, and Glare (Bambi's mother got shot? Glare the hunter!)

Camoflage is an odd but unusually decent option. And no. Its not a gimmick. Watch Teddy Ruxpin reruns if you want gimmicky thoughts. Camoflage can reuce damage. I once Camoflaged my Starmie and STAB Hyper Beam'd a Zuruzukin for a critical.

Not on Mister Deer when Wood Horn is better than a Giga. One main downside is that Liquid Ooze ability means (Balloon?) Tentacruel could well be one of the more unusual 'counters' to Mister Deer as Wood Horn will hurt both Tentacruel and Deerly Beloved.
You should really consider Double-Edge, it hits insanely hard. With LO and SR most offensive pokemon neutral to it are OHKOed, which is incredibly useful. The other 2/3 moves can easily cover those resisting it. Wood horn is awesome though. Notably, against Tentacruel, Double-Edge hits harder anyway, and you'll suffer the same recoil.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mabukijiika doesn't necessarily have to do everything by himself, so coverage is a fine, but unrecommended option since many Pokemon have good teamwork and synergy under the sun. If I used him, I wouldn't worry about the "greatest" coverage; rather, I hope to bulldoze through a few things before going down. If the opportunity presents itself, Mebukijiika can sweep by itself.

This applies to the Normal-STAB and coverage debate.

You should really consider Double-Edge, it hits insanely hard. With LO and SR most offensive pokemon neutral to it are OHKOed, which is incredibly useful. The other 2/3 moves can easily cover those resisting it. Wood horn is awesome though. Notably, against Tentacruel, Double-Edge hits harder anyway, and you'll suffer the same recoil.
I wouldn't recommend using using Wood Horn against Tenacruel because of it's trait Liquid Ooze. I learned the hard way, when I Drain Punched it with my Bulk Up'd Roopushin x_x

I do agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread though, that Mebukijika is a good pokemon. I use the SD sweeper with Wood Horn, Jump Kick and Double-Edge. I was thinking about using the baton passer set, but Leafeon, overall may be better at doing that.

:/ Also Mebukijika benefits from the fact that many are unaware of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)