science help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a science fair project due wednesday and since i was away i am a little behind. i need like 20-40 data points for my project (at least 10 for people under 30 and at least 10 for people over 30). all i need is your age and something you are afraid of (spiders, snakes, heights, something less common).
thanks!
edit: also if for some reason you dont want to post your fear/age you can just pm me. i wont tell anyone lol
edit2: explain your fears as well

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm 19, and I'm afraid of alarm sounds, bees, and pitch black darkness. As for my reasons:

Alarm Sounds - What I'm mostly referring to is burglar alarm sounds, because they simply scare the shit out of me. They're just so loud, and if they're sudden it's even worse. I suppose that it's because whenever my burglar alarm goes off, I'm sleeping, and if it does happen to go off (it's always a false alarm), I can no longer sleep for the rest of the night and my day is basically ruined from the start.

Bees - What really scares me about bees is their buzzing. While buzzing from flies is just annoying, a bee's buzz just makes it sound like it wants to kill you. In addition, they always seem to like circling around me when they appear, as if it's some kind of joke. Well bees, I'm not laughing!

Pitch Black Darkness - Although some of you may think I'm a child for this one, I seriously am scared of pitch black darkness because I always think that something's going to randomly grab me from behind, mostly monsters or something. I don't know why, but it just makes me paranoid.

You might have trouble finding over 30s here...

23. The heat death of the Universe. (Seriously. It's like the end of everything. All life, all stars, everything of wonder and value in the Universe will end. That scares me even though it's a gazillion years away.)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I know Smogon is all about helping people out, but this thread is ridiculous. At least make people explain why they're afraid of something so there can be SOME discussion and not just pc++.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
16, nuclear war

i mean seriously i'm just afraid that one day iran or pakistan or india or SOME country will just go suicidal ballistic and nuke the world. i guess that's kind of a fear of dying but its more how i'm dying since i don't really mind death, but the thought of billions of people getting nuked...scary!!

17 here, and I have a fear of swarms of insects.

I think it happened when I was 9 and was cleaning an attic. I found a wet newspaper, went to pick it up and threw it away, and found a massive amount of silverfish:

They were crawling on top of each other and everything, and quite a few of them were dead from what I could tell. I freaked out.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile

being shot, being mugged, zombie outbreak

you can include that last one if you want; it's sort of a legit fear!!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
3. Threads need to have actual content that promote discussion. We don't need to know what you had for breakfast today. Most common topics are usually news items, politics and real life events near you. This applies to the replies as well as to the opening posts of threads - this is not a post count ++ forum. Try to make sure your posts are contributing something to the discussion. This includes posts that only include simple messages like "Good Post" and "Agreed", as well as posting a link with no introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)