Scribblenauts Discussion Thread: Screw Pokemon. This is the reason you bought a DS.

Spamming the bridge a whole hell of alot, too. Like, for that one mission with the piranha in the water. I just put a couple of bridges on the water and walked accross. lol

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand the Puzzle stage 8-11... help?

but yea this game is pretty awesome. I usually use Hydra or Dragon to kill shit but witch works nicely too (thanks hip)

I usually kill things with a fireball or with Death. I've also found that Pegasus is the most useful item in the game due to how it has easy flying controls, can pull things around on a rope, and can attack.

There are some levels I just don't know how to clear. How do you hatch the egg on the level with the Tyrannosaurus guarding the egg, and how do you keep the leprechaun from getting the starite first?

staraptor call, on the dinosaur one, fly up on the ledge above you and there's a pterodactyl also guarding an egg, kill that and the egg and you get the actual omelet. summoning an omelet works too.

i got fed up trying to race / block the leprechaun so i just killed him. still works.

jimbo, for 8-11 you have to charge a car... summon one and then attach it to the ball bearing on top of the tree with a chain or something and it should work. monster truck is easy mode, you don't need anything else.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I remember correctly gold distracts the leprechaun long enough for you to leisurely walk over and grab the starite.

Also my question from before still stands.

staraptor call, on the dinosaur one, fly up on the ledge above you and there's a pterodactyl also guarding an egg, kill that and the egg and you get the actual omelet. summoning an omelet works too.

i got fed up trying to race / block the leprechaun so i just killed him. still works.
I've already solved the omelet level; I was wondering about the one with the hint that says "Hatch the egg before mommy returns."

I usually kill things with a fireball or with Death. I've also found that Pegasus is the most useful item in the game due to how it has easy flying controls, can pull things around on a rope, and can attack.

There are some levels I just don't know how to clear. How do you hatch the egg on the level with the Tyrannosaurus guarding the egg, and how do you keep the leprechaun from getting the starite first?
Use a Rainbow over the first gap he goes over. He is attracted to it, and falls down the pit.

normally to kill aggressive stuff i just summon god. vampire is worth it for laughs but then you need a vampire hunter

@Staraptor Call

Put fire, fireplace, or flame on top of the egg

As a general thing, "chaingun" is a pretty good weapon. You can set it off with maxwell, pick it up, and place it somewhere else, and it will start shooting from where you put it down. Very handy.

normally to kill aggressive stuff i just summon god. vampire is worth it for laughs but then you need a vampire hunter
God disappoints me, the Dragon beats him.

Personally, I have a dilemma; Shark beats Barracudas, Megaladon beats shark, Dragon beats megaladon, Kraken beats dragon...

But shit wtf beats Kraken?

slime beats almost everything. it only dies to fire / lava. and if you create monsters you can always drag them into the bin when you're done with them, no need to summon pointless objects to kill them.

Dropping 'Plasma (weapon)' on them works very well for killing. Is there anything that is overall a better mode of transport than a Pegasus?

Slime beats God. It only took about 5 hits.

Right now I've got slime vs. vampire, priest+sword vs. slime, and longcat vs. slime. They've been fighting for about 10 minutes and I think they're all invincible, so they'll just keep going. Also, the priest is freaking out so I'm not sure he's doing any damage.

I found a ton of glitches as well if anyone would like me to post them.

The game is great. Although I do find that despite the vast range of objects, certain things get used all the time.

For killing things, it varies. God, cop, various creatures, fireball or magic missile, melee weapons if there are few and weak enemies, guns sometimes. If it's in the water I chuck a toaster in.
Fixed weapons - mortar, howitzer, trebuchet, cannon, and artillery I've found - have unlimited ammo.
If you want a really silly way to kill something, drop an oil tanker on their head!

Black hole can be used to destroy most things. One way to do the level where you have to smash the crockery is to spam black holes.

To AVOID killing - "magic" will produce a freeze ball, or feeding an animal three times makes it go to sleep.

Mind control device is very useful.

For flying, I normally use the pterodactyl. Sometimes Pegasus. Pterodactyl's better in a fight.

To sever ropes I set them on fire. Match, torch, or lighter works well. The Starite burns for some time but will break eventually.

A magnet will make anything metal go flying. A fan or air vent will push things. You can glue a mast to the front of a vehicle, a fan to the back, and it will move.

"road" gets a nice long skinny thing. "extension ladder" is twice as long as a regular ladder. "washing line" is exactly the same as rope, and "beanstalk" very similar.

It takes three (party) balloons to lift a starite (useful to stop it falling to its doom), and seven to lift maxwell (pointless, but...)

Summon God, then summon an atheist. Then give the atheist a weapon.

Answers to some previous questions:

Pterodactyl is a better fighter than Pegasus. Helicopter has a rear seat for transporting NPCs without needing a rope. Bomber (the modern version) is good for attacking the ground. It depends what you want to do.

To do numbers, enter them as words.

How do you beat the level in World 2 with the rolling bombs?
Stick a fire underneath where the bombs emerge. After one or two go off there they stop coming.

4-6 puzzle
The 'do it three times' for this one REALLY frustrated me. You can obtain a coffin from a mortuary. Eventually I thought of trying a sarcophagus, which works.

Have any of you guys discovered another flying mount? It gets a little boring using the same 3 over and over.
Archaeopteryx, but it's really slow. Quezactoatlus, which is another name for a pterodactyl. The game judges repeats of WORDS, not actual objects. You can even summon 'omelette' first time, then 'omelet' (different spelling) second.

How many ways to white out the level do people know? Nuke obviously. Wave, tsunami, etc does it too. Meteorite/asteroid. What else?

My flying mount of choice is Pegasus, because it's faster than the Roc and the Reindeer. The air vent and large air vent are very useful items for moving things around at a distance and keeping them from falling. Ooze isn't really invincible because it can be killed by fire or explosives. Fireballs are great for one-time kills or for breaking ropes. Some alternatives to rope are chain and vine, except vine has a short reach.

Please tell us the glitches, DDRMaster. There are only a few I know, like one that makes Pegasus able to go through the ceiling when blown two different directions by an air vent. Another is where standing on an object and using the fishing rod makes you fly upward.

I still don't know how to clear the World 6 level with the dinosaur egg. I've tried breaking it open, burning it, making a chicken sit on it, and blowing it around with an air vent. But even if I break it open and get the compsognathus out, the starite still doesn't appear.

@Staraptor Call

Put fire or flame next to the egg, or turn a fireplace sideways so that the fire is facing the egg. The fire will hatch the egg and cause the starite to pop out, and it will make the dinosaurs that hatch run away.

Here's all the glitches I know. I don't suggest doing the ones that freeze your game, at least not more than once. The underlined ones are the ones that I particularly like.

Code:
Sinking Fridge (Easy): Glue garlic to the top of a fridge and they will sink through the ground and fall off the screen. This also works with vending machine and escalator, but they will both eventually pop out.

Walking Fridge (Easy): Glue garlic to the top of a fridge and turn it on its side. The fridge will slowly move along the ground. This will work with many different combinations of items.

Sinking Fridge 2 (Easy): Glue a crate to the top of a fridge (or a vending machine or escalator. The escalator will pop out.) The fridge will sink through the ground but the crate will remain above ground. This glitch does not work with boards.

Items with Sinking Fridge 2: All small objects will immediately fall off of the screen if you put them in the fridge and take them out. All medium objects will shoot the fridge and crate up slightly and will be caught in the ground. You can push medium objects into the ground by jumping on them. Explosives will blow up when they hit the bottom of the screen. Nukes will also explode but will not nuke the field.

Items put into a Vending Machine (Easy): If you put a fishing rod into a vending machine, it will hover there until you empty the vending machine or throw it away. If you arm a nuke, put it into a vending machine, and move the vending machine, the nuke will go off as if it had exploded where you put it into the vending machine.

[U]Driving Baby[/U] (Easy): Put a baby in a vehicle and arm a nuke. The baby will drive away from it. This also works with things that can take off vertically.

[U]Board People[/U] (Easy): I really have no idea what to call this one. Take any 2 legged creature (people, vampires, cthulu, etc.) and glue a board onto them vertically. When they turn around, the board will flip around and they will be up in the air. This also works with monkeys and chimpanzees, but you have to glue the board in the direction they are facing and it is hard to get them to turn around. This will also work with nukes and fishing rods.

Fishing Rod Glitch (man fishing rods are messed up) (Easy): Sometimes when you drop a fishing rod onto the corner between a slope and a level surface it will bounce off.

Down the Up Escalator (Easy): If you place a ball on an escalator, it will roll faster than it is actually moving. If you do this with a grenade (or any small ball) it will roll extremely fast. If you put the escalator at the edge of the screen, it will roll forever.

Nuke Glitch (Easy): I'm not sure this is a glitch but if you glue a nuke to anything electronic, it will blow up.

Stilt Jump (Medium): Glue two stilts together and equip them. When you remove them, either you or the stilts will go flying. I think which one goes flying depends on how you glue the stilts together.

[U]Bomb Launcher[/U] (Medium): Put a board and a bomb in a vending machine and empty the vending machine. Occasionally, the board and bomb will line up and the board will 'fire' the bomb. I've found this works best when the board is horizontal. This has also worked with oranges and baseballs and I got it to work once with a grenade. I'm trying to find something that this works with that explodes on contact.

Fishing Rod Trap (Hard): I've only done this once. I glued two fishing rods together at about a 135 degree angle and handed them to a chauffeur. The fishing rods trapped him at about a 45 degree angle and he couldn't move.

Super Jump (Hard): Put on a scuba tank and equip handcuffs that are attached to a crate. Start tapping above Maxwell and hopefully you will be able to jump on the crate while you are in the air.

Board Jump (Hard): Use the Board People glitch and glue the board to something that will turn around after the glitch is activated. (I used Big Foot) Equip a fishing rod and attach the hook to the board. Then, you have to either jump or hit the board at the exact time when Big Foot turns around and you will jump about 3 times what you normally would.

Ceiling Cat Nuke (?): Alright this was really weird and might not be a glitch. Once when I went to throw ceiling cat away, my field got nuked. I think I had Longcat, Post Two One Seven, and LOLWUT on the screen as well and possibly also glue and a manticore.

Reset (?): I had a monkey with the board glitch one the left edge of the second title screen stage and a bird. (I don't remember what it was called but it was black and I think it had 2 A's and a W in it's name.) When I went over to the edge of the screen, the stage reset.
Also, about any of the 'sinking' glitches. If you run up to it as it is sinking it will fly up out of the ground.

[U]Lasso Glitch[/U] (Easy): Summon any item Maxwell can hold and give it to him. Summon a lasso and put it on the ground. Have Maxwell pick up the lasso and use it on the item he was holding before. Maxwell will not do his usual animation of throwing the lasso and it will push the item you dropped (and any duplicates of the item) instead of grabbing it. The lasso could push the item through the ground. The lasso will work normally for any other item. If the end of the lasso goes off the side of the screen, it will disappear.

[U]Lasso + Fridge[/U] (Easy): If you deposit a lasso into a fridge, it will float next to the fridge until you empty it or toss it. If you attach the lasso to the fridge, before putting it in, the lasso will appear to remain in Maxwell’s hand but will be unusable. If you take the lasso out of the fridge, it will appear at Maxwell. If you wait until the ice melts, it will float there until you pick it up.

Sinking Fire/Magnet (Easy): If you glue fire or a magnet to the top of a fridge/vending machine/escalator they will sink into the ground as if the fire were a crate. (Note that the fire will destroy the vending machine.)

Sinking Trampoline (Easy): Glue a crate/garlic/fire to a trampoline and it will sink through the ground until it gets to the item on top.

Sinking Airplane (Medium): If you turn an airplane upside-down and get out of it, it will sink into the ground up to the wheels. I find this is easiest to do with the vertical takeoff and landing (airplane) (just type in vending) on the second stage, by going over the hump.

[U]Trampoline + Elevator[/U] (Medium): If you place a large object on the side of the screen and drop an upside-down trampoline on it, it may shoot the object off of the screen. (You have to drop the trampoline so it will eventually fall off of the object.)  If Maxwell is in the elevator when you do this, the level will reset. To shoot smaller objects off of the screen, put the trampoline at an angle and drop the object onto it. (Twice when I dropped an upside-down trampoline onto an elevator, the elevator disappeared. Maxwell wasn’t in it either time.)

[U]Trampoline Slingshot[/U] (Medium): Glue two trampolines together and flip them upside-down. Have Maxwell use a lasso on them, and go over the hump on the second stage in the title screen. One trampoline should start to separate from the other but hold Maxwell in place. Drop something onto the trampolines and they will go flying. Once when I did this, the trampolines ended up on the top of the ramp above you, while Maxwell was still underneath.

[U]Shocking Maxwell[/U] (Medium): This isn’t exactly a glitch, but it is a fun way to torture Maxwell. Glue a fridge to the top of a trampoline and glue another trampoline to the top of the fridge, upside down. Dig a hole that looks like this:
|                  |
|__              __| 
   |M___________|
And put Maxwell right where the M is. Knock the fridge and trampolines over and drop them over the left side of the hole. Hopefully, Maxwell will get shocked between the two trampolines and he will keep bouncing back and forth between them for a while.

Nuke + Vending Machine Freeze (Medium): Summon a vending machine and take the candy out of it. Attach handcuffs to it. Arm a nuke and put it in the vending machine. Pick up the handcuffs and put them in the vending machine to make them disappear. When the nuke explodes, your game will freeze.

[U]Elevator + Lasso[/U] (Hard): Hand Maxwell a glitched lasso and ride an elevator to the top. Use the lasso on the center part of the elevator. If you get lucky the elevator will fly off of the screen and might take Maxwell with it.

A few times when I’ve made objects fall through the ground, the meter on the top screen reads 0 while I still have objects on the screen. Also, when you do the vending machine + handcuffs glitch, they still count as being on the screen.

[U]Magnet + Trampoline[/U] (Easy): Hand Maxwell a magnet and jump onto a trampoline. The trampoline will continue to hit Maxwell upward and he will fly off the top of the screen.

[U]Magnet + Fridge[/U] (Easy): Drop a magnet that’s facing down onto a fridge. They will both fly off the top of the screen.

[U]Magnet + Escalator[/U] (Medium): Have Maxwell hold a magnet and run to the top of the escalator. The escalator will propel him upward and might shove him through the ground above him.

[U]Nuke + Rope[/U] (Easy): Attach a rope to a nuke, arm the nuke, and put the other end of the rope in the ground so it has a big red X on it. When the nuke goes off, you will either have a red line on your screen or the entire screen will be red until the level resets.

Bike + Rope (Easy): Attach a rope to a building and have Maxwell hold the other end. Place a bike one rope length away from the building and have Maxwell get on the bike. He will do a few flips when he first gets on the bike and may do a few more if you ride the bike away from the building.

UFO Glitch (Easy): Place a UFO on a person so that they get in it immediately. Have Maxwell run under the UFO and get attracted to it. Maxwell should keep running and push the UFO off the top of the screen.

Glitches I didn't find:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpB5qVDQqJE[/URL]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4_kjjz0Di4&feature=related[/URL]

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbaSzbZ9Css[/URL]

[URL]http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/955689/57881[/URL]
This has a lot of glitches as well as internet memes.
Magnets are the best item to fool around with, imo. Btw, I stopped the things I had battling after an hour and 45 minutes. Also, I usually use God or hydra to kill things. God is nice because he won't attack you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)