Shirley Sherrod Fired

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I can't believe nobody has made a thread about this...abomination. Some conservatives post this out of context and she gets fired? This is honestly just stupid; she did not need to be fired.

For those who haven't heard: Shirley Sherrod made a speech where she made a comment that she may not have helped a white farmer as much as a black farmer in the past, but she continued to say that she overcame these feelings to help him anyway. Some conservative blogger just posted the part that, when out of context, seemed extremely racist. She was fired for a completely baseless reason. Post your reactions and discuss.

oh yeah, banning deck knight from this thread in advance!

I personally can understand how her comments are beneficial to the black community (sort of Affirmative action for black farmers) and I agree with her. But welcome to the real world. Helen Thomas (being pro-palestine), Van Jones (being ex-communist), Jeremiah Wright (having reasonable anger at a racist government), now Sherrod all make reasonable assertions which are taken completely out of context by conservative bloggers (and those nut jobs Glenn Beck and O'Reilly) and used to demonize Obama; guilt by association.

Mark my words, it won't end. This is typical American conservativism. When not in power, use every tactic you can to demonize the president and people he appoints. The republican party doesn't want to advance America, but to say government is ineffective (Tea Party) and then to make Obama look either ineffective (IT TOOK FUCKING 9 MONTHS TO PASS HEALTH CARE!! Then at the end, all republicans can put forth is tort reform and ask to restart the whole debate or use lies about the quality of American HC to maintain an ineffective status quo) or paint the government as invasive into liberties (Glenn Beck and his Beckies) and call Obama a fascist. The whole thing is madness, so don't get worked up about it

If Obama didn't do this, the right wing would have a field day, blasting him for sanctioning reverse racism and whatever, even though this statement is hardly racist. I mean, such a reaction is extreme and uncalled for, but to be fair, Obama's in trouble. The massive bailouts haven't helped the recession, healthcare reform remains controversial, and things like the BP Oil Spill have tarnished his image.

Either way, I don't see Obama being re-elected.

I personally can understand how her comments are beneficial to the black community (sort of Affirmative action for black farmers) and I agree with her. But welcome to the real world. Helen Thomas (being pro-palestine), Van Jones (being ex-communist), Jeremiah Wright (having reasonable anger at a racist government), now Sherrod all make reasonable assertions which are taken completely out of context by conservative bloggers (and those nut jobs Glenn Beck and O'Reilly) and used to demonize Obama; guilt by association.

Actually, Glenn Beck defended Sherrod. Sherrod was fired so insanely quickly by the Obama Administration that nobody even had time to comment on it. His entire show was based on "context matters."

You might not have known this because:

Mark my words, it won't end. This is typical American conservativism.

Your mind is entirely closed to conservative thought, and you are entirely ignorant of the programs you despise. Good job getting it wrong.

Well even in context it shows that she is racist; she mentioned that she tried hard to overcome that (which means that she is racist, although she tries to work against these feelings). In my opinion, this is a pitiful way for her to excuse her racism and feel less guilty about it. But, I agree on the fact that she did not deserved to be fired.

Mark my words, it won't end. This is typical American politics. When not in power, use every tactic you can to demonize the president and people he appoints. The republican/democratic party doesn't want to advance America, but to say government is ineffective and then to make Obama/Bush look either ineffective or paint the government as invasive into liberties and call Obama/Bush a fascist. The whole thing is madness, so don't get worked up about it

Corrected.

Yeah, Glenn Back defended her, but would he have if Obama didn't do anything? Of course he is going to do whatever he can to go against the Obama administration.

There are some things that are just plain stupid to say, and what she said was one of them.

P.s. neither of your major political parties are actually Liberal, in fact if universal health care counts as Liberal then you guys are about 3 decades behind the rest of the developed world.

The existence of America's 24/7 news networks such as Fox News and CNN means that any and every soundbite will be blown out of proportion and used against you. By the time people have realised that quotes were taken out of context several cycles of pundits and commentators would have already torn you to shreds. There's nothing these networks love better than broadcasting ad nauseam what is the equivalent of someone tripping on a banana peel and falling down the stairs as this rakes in the ratings. If anything is to be blamed here blame the media hype machine.

Even in full context, something of the sort said by a white man would likely have ended his career.

While this surely was poorly handled by a very biased and dishonest Fox News, I wouldn't cry much over her getting fired.

P.s. neither of your major political parties are actually Liberal, in fact if universal health care counts as Liberal then you guys are about 3 decades behind the rest of the developed world.
I would rather not use the word "liberal" when comparing United States and non-United States politics, since the international definition tends to differ from the American definition. If I'm interpreting your point correctly (and I think I am), you are correct that the United States's zeitgeist is significantly more conservative than that of Australia, New Zealand, and much of Europe. Due to the unusual strength of the religious right in the United States, we're still fighting about social issues that the other places I mentioned have long gotten past.

We seriously need to transcend racial barriers and help each other as individuals, regardless of race, or else racial tensions will always continue to exist. Too much attention to certain races and programs such as affirmative action don't solve racial problems; they exacerbate them while causing a loss of individual liberty.

I agree that she shouldn't have been fired. If the government is so conscious about remarks on racial preference, then why not end ridiculous programs such as affirmative action? This shows an inconsistency in government policies. She said that now her views have changed and that she helps all races, so I don't see a problem. She was merely mentioning the person she was and how she was wrong before. The conservatives really took it far. Despite all of this, I don't think racial politics is a conservative-liberal issue, but unfortunately in the U.S., it is.

Shirley Sherrod should get her job back; she is someone who was able to put aside her prejudiced feelings and judge people as individual beings.

Actually, Glenn Beck defended Sherrod. Sherrod was fired so insanely quickly by the Obama Administration that nobody even had time to comment on it. His entire show was based on "context matters."

I will admit I am wrong, I have not had time to watch his show as of late and assumed he would have been all over this (as he was Jeremiah Wright, Van Jones, ACORN, Sotomayor, etc.). I haven't heard him say what you said, but I'll take your word for it and admit my assumption (albeit inductive) was wrong.

Your mind is entirely closed to conservative thought, and you are entirely ignorant of the programs you despise. Good job getting it wrong.

First off there isn't just one line of "conservative thought." There are many different ideologies associated with conservative thought. The modern American version is the neo-conservative (Reagan, Colonel George W. Clusterfuck, Palin) that takes a world view that America is too good for diplomacy and generally frowns upon not legislating morality . The paleo-conservatives (Bush Sr., Ron Paul) have a libertartarian world view which I can completely agree with, although they tend to be more states rights, which I disagree with.

And no, it's not closed to Conservative thought, it's the pattern that republican party has been following since Clinton. Have you heard of David Brock? He wrote a book called "Blinded by the Right." It was a "tell-all" book of how he was a conservative journalist and how he and others fabricated stories to smear the Clintons. The same thing he wrote about doing to the Clintons is now happening to Obama. The republicans throughout the whole healthcare debate, cap and trade, reduction of nuclear arms, supreme court justices, (need I go on) have done nothing but stand in opposition of the president, not because of what he doing, but to do the same thing Brock wrote about in "Blinded by the Right." To say he's ineffective and government fails.

And finally, I think the democrats are just a fucked up. While some of them have the right ideas (single payer system, complete withdrawal from Iraq and every other Army base in the world, fair trade, higher corporate taxes) these ones are so few in the Democratic party, and they have to compromise ideas that work (universal health care) for ideas that are the lesser of two evils (this bastardized health bill).

And to get back on track, Obama should grow a sack and tell those people who do try to demonize him based on appointees to shut the fuck up. Seriously, half the people I mentioned earlier are intelligent people who have quote taken out of context so as people can relate their "out of context view" to the president. It's gonna happen and he needs to accept it. And really these things work (smear campaigns against these people) because Americans in general are too dumb to actually look into the stories themselves.

All I know about David Brock is that he was on the Journolist of journalists conspiring to cover Obama's ass in the 2008 Presidential campaign, and that he's about as conservative as Scott McClellan (read: Will Sell Out for Praise on CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo). I have never heard of David Brock. David Brock is probably the same kind of "conservative" as Trig Truther Andrew Sullivan. That is he is conservative only in that he's tasked to write things as if he were a conservative, even though he's at best center-right.

David Brock is likely one of those conservatives who take seriously the line "the Right hand's greatest problem is it doesn't know what the Far Right hand is doing." Judging by your synopsis of his book I can only conclude that his "tell-all" was a "cash-in" for fame and praise of the liberal columnist he wish he could have been, but he got there too late and needed to take the token conservative position.

When I think of "the right" I think of everyone from Ramesh Ponnuru to Rush Limbaugh to Glenn Beck to Laura Ingraham to Jonah Goldberg to Charles Krauthammer to George Will to Thomas Sowell to Michael Savage. A monolith of people whose only line is "oppose the President" it isn't, categorically. David Brock never even registered. No one in the rightsphere has ever heard of him, save perhaps they confused him with David Brooks or David Frum, other Obama water-carrying center-rightists or self-described moderates. Mort Kondracke is probably further to the right and he bills himself as a moderate.

If Obama could not deliver a health care bill Democratic voters wanted with the largest Democratic majorities that Democrats have had in a long time (at the time their caucus held a supermajority in the Senate. That changed because they lost a Senate Seat in Massachusetts), maybe the problem isn't "the right," but rather Obama took no leadership role and left it up to Harry and Nancy, who couldn't help trying to turn it into a Christmas Tree instead of an actual health care reform bill. At the time Obama needed zero Republican support. He has no excuse for his own ineptitude.

And finally, I think the democrats are just a fucked up. While some of them have the right ideas (single payer system, complete withdrawal from Iraq and every other Army base in the world, fair trade, higher corporate taxes) these ones are so few in the Democratic party, and they have to compromise ideas that work (universal health care) for ideas that are the lesser of two evils (this bastardized health bill).

And to get back on track, Obama should grow a sack and tell those people who do try to demonize him based on appointees to shut the fuck up. Seriously, half the people I mentioned earlier are intelligent people who have quote taken out of context so as people can relate their "out of context view" to the president. It's gonna happen and he needs to accept it. And really these things work (smear campaigns against these people) because Americans in general are too dumb to actually look into the stories themselves.

You are not seriously going to pretend "the right" ousted anti-semitic holdover Helen Thomas from the White House Press Corps, exaggerated race-based liberation theology hate preacher Jeremiah Wright's sermons, and made up that Van Jones was a self-avowed communist, despite his continuing appearances at progressive communistic events?

"The right" was not in a position to fire or distort any of these people. They were hung by their own words and if the White House was too cowardly, how is it a problem with "the right" that Obama shoots first and asks questions later (ala "I don't have all the facts, but the Cambridge Police acted stupidly)? Shirley Sherrod's firing is the fault of the Obama Administation and the Obama Administration alone.

Why is it you are always willing to give these people the benefit of the doubt, yet reflexively believe the Democratic mantra the Republican Party is basically "The Party of No." Sometimes you have to say no when the opposing Party and its supporters want to treat you like infants instead of adults.

And really these things work (smear campaigns against these people) because Americans in general are too dumb to actually look into the stories themselves.

This is the mindset of the Democratic Party. Americans are too dumb to make their own health care decisions, so we must have universal health care. Americans are too dumb to protect the environment, so government must regulate every facet of the energy sector. Americans are too dumb to discern which news is accurate so we must constantly rail against "Faux News." Americans are too dumb to figure out a preacher who hangs around with Louis Farrakhan, routinely talks about white folks' greed, and has on occasion ended a sermon with "God Damn America!" is not radical, racist, or both. Americans are too dumb to run their own businesses, so we must raise taxes to keep most of them from desiring to do so.

Is there anything Democratic party supporters do not think Americans are too dumb to do? Or is their very voting for the Democratic Party proof of the American people's intellectual deficits?

Well, if Americans - or people in general - weren't stupid we probably wouldn't have political campaign budgets that hit hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars.

Actually, the Republican party is the party of yes. Do you remember "Drill baby, drill"?

Well, I sure do.

And look where we are now.

Not to yes to financial deregulation, and invading Iraq, and tax cuts on the rich, and the patriot act...

This is really just a major fuck up on the administration's part. They tried to distance themselves from it asap, and it just blew up in their face.

as far as I can tell it pretty much went down as "holy crap some USDA lady is a racist according to this internet video, you're fired/"ma'am you're going to have to step down now," then they realized that the whole thing was either faked by Breitbart (sp?) or by someone else and then distributed by Breitbart and that said USDA lady was actually relating a story of having overcome personal bias against white farmers because of her father having been murdered by one (I think that was the story, anyway). If you weren't Shirley Sherrod the thing was kinda hilarious, the way everyone above her tripped over themselves apologizing afterward--Vilsack in particular. It's really a sad testament to political cowardice that they couldn't even take a week to review the case before firing her, I mean, Obama's whole problem is that he pretty much gives too much time to consider things/try to reconcile with people who'll never give any ground, except for this one issue (I know he didn't personally do the firing but w/e, same difference). Hey, here's a rule of thumb, don't fire anyone for being a racist because of one internet video until you've given it at least six days of consideration once the tape surfaces within this peculiar series of tubes. I mean, come on, you're the first black president and have already given various nice speeches on how we need to get past race, no one (besides rabid tea-party people who already hate you) would accuse you of pandering to prejudiced NAACP people or anything. 24 hour media cycle my ass, it shouldn't have been this much of a problem, i know it contributed to the issue but come on, it only takes one cry of "racism" to make the federal government essentially shit its pants on national television and in the mind of the public. ridiculous. also, kudos to Glenn Beck for defending Sherrod, even if it does fit into his narrative of an incompetent president (he's wrong there but w/e, that's off topic).

also you can't just ban Deck Knight from commenting in the first post, he's half the reason we're able to have a semi-intelligent discussion here. there are only like three actual conservatives/libertarians on this whole forum. worthy opponent and all that. basically, if you're trying to advance liberal causes, be less blatantly open about it...

oh, and someone just complained about the amount of money spent on political compaigns, which is completely random but w/e. dunno if you ever read freakonomics--good book btw--but they say there that the amount Americans roughly spend on campaigns every year (about $1 billion iirc) is the same amount they spend on chewing gum... it's not a trivial thing but as the money's spent on all sides, kinda just seems like the baseline of standard political crap, nothing major

The amount every American combined spends on chewing gum. I'm just saying that the election process is a complete show now and it really has to do with people being too disengaged with politics to pay attention otherwise. That and this arms race of sorts in marketing. The amount spent on campaigns only really became out of hand in the latter half of the 1900s with TV and it has been increasing ever since. I guess I'm just not too happy with how people pay more attention to who is "winning" or "losing" a debate and poll numbers rather than actual issues. I also dislike how it carries over to other countries. In our last election, the Canadian prime minister didn't even have a platform. He went on TV with a fucking sweater talking about how he was a family man who cared for his family (never actually said he'd take care of families though).

These days politics are a simple show for the people; we aren't in any democracy, we are in a society where the richest man wins (at least, most of the time). To hell with republics, federations, confederations, and all sort of ''just'' government. This is a bit out of the subject, but still it's the truth.

Elections are a major TV show and I can't wait to see the new season of it, but voting, meh. Real issues, woh! I just want some special effects here. Or at least our current society is slowly becoming like that, if it isn't already.

Does one have to be unintelligent to like feeling good? American political parties play on how people like to hear the positions they already believe in. Or, when issues aren't mentioned, the parties are showing how "homely, thoughtful, deep, critical, etc etc", their candidates are, which once again plays on how people like to feel good. Intelligent people can be persuaded by mood just like unintelligent people.

Can this stop being a "my-ideology-is-better-than-yours political slugfest," please?

Getting that out of the way, it is upsetting that she was fired so quickly without anything of substance being taken into consideration. However, I will have to agree that a white person making those same remarks would most likely be hoisted by their own petard.

She actually talks about how she wanted to favor the black farmer, which is indeed, unquestioningly racist, but when Rand Paul says he doesn't think businesses should be forced to serve those who they don't want to serve, something we could only guess is racism, (although he had a pretty clear liberty motive) he is labeled as a racist and paraded around as if he was the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

Racism is racism whether it's white or black. It doesn't matter if she was pushed down or abused; if she blames a whole race for the actions of some, then she is no better anti-racism wise than a KKK member.

I find it unfair that she was fired too soon; if it was any later, with all of her words included, I would not find it unfair at all

Before I start, I'm pretty intoxicated right now (if a moderater feels this sentence is out of line feel free to delete this sentence/post I won't take offence) and should I say something that may not use my best wording allow me to edit it later. Also, should I say something you may find offensive, I mean it in the most in sincere/debative sense. Second forgive my typos. Third forgive any non-sequitors as they make sense to me now, but maybe not in 8 hours.

All I know about David Brock is that he was on the Journolist of journalists conspiring to cover Obama's ass in the 2008 Presidential campaign, and that he's about as conservative as Scott McClellan (read: Will Sell Out for Praise on CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo). I have never heard of David Brock. David Brock is probably the same kind of "conservative" as Trig Truther Andrew Sullivan. That is he is conservative only in that he's tasked to write things as if he were a conservative, even though he's at best center-right.

David Brock if you don't know (albeit will help your case) was a conservative columnist who after being "turned on" by fellow conservatives for not for demonizing Hillary Clinton enough (he decided to write a story about Hillary more truthful (emphasis on TRUTHFUL) than Troopergate (a conspiracy where Police alleged that Bill had sexual affair with women he hadn't) that didn't effect the public as much as troopergate) and also they turned on him for being gay leading to him being excommunicated from the conservative ranks founded the Media Matters of America (LOL the other MMA.)

David Brock is likely one of those conservatives who take seriously the line "the Right hand's greatest problem is it doesn't know what the Far Right hand is doing." Judging by your synopsis of his book I can only conclude that his "tell-all" was a "cash-in" for fame and praise of the liberal columnist he wish he could have been, but he got there too late and needed to take the token conservative position.

When I think of "the right" I think of everyone from Ramesh Ponnuru to Rush Limbaugh to Glenn Beck to Laura Ingraham to Jonah Goldberg to Charles Krauthammer to George Will to Thomas Sowell to Michael Savage. A monolith of people whose only line is "oppose the President" it isn't, categorically. David Brock never even registered. No one in the rightsphere has ever heard of him, save perhaps they confused him with David Brooks or David Frum, other Obama water-carrying center-rightists or self-described moderates. Mort Kondracke is probably further to the right and he bills himself as a moderate.

I find it crass that you would say that David Brock is "one of THOSE conservatives who (cash-in)." I know for a fact no one on these forums knows better about McClellan and Brock than those two individuals. So as to say they "cashed in" is dismissive of their own life experiences in which they witnessed things we could (probably) never imagined.

Second, a lot of those names (Ingraham, Goldberg, Kraut, Limbarugh, and Will) are fairly common names in conservative households (not to mention I listen to all of them on Fox radio, I like not being the "choir" being "preached to.") Brock founded MMA in 2004, way after most of those names became big. So as to say you've never heard of him (and forgive me if I'm out of line) may just be because you are to young/weren't informed enough during that time.

If Obama could not deliver a health care bill Democratic voters wanted with the largest Democratic majorities that Democrats have had in a long time (at the time their caucus held a supermajority in the Senate. That changed because they lost a Senate Seat in Massachusetts), maybe the problem isn't "the right," but rather Obama took no leadership role and left it up to Harry and Nancy, who couldn't help trying to turn it into a Christmas Tree instead of an actual health care reform bill. At the time Obama needed zero Republican support. He has no excuse for his own ineptitude.

But that's the problem I'm trying to address. Universal Healthcare has proven successful in 29/29 industrialized nations, while corporate healthcare has proven the most unsuccessful in 100% of industrialized nations, but Americans are still afraid of change towards Universal Health care. It's not Obama, nor his policies, it the American people (and probably people worldwide in general, but since others adopted UHC, American people) being so easily swayed by catchy slogans. Second, Obama tried numerous times to take leadership of the Health care debate and when all he's greeted with is "rising insurance premiums," "Higher taxes," and my favorites "DEATH PANELS;" then how can he advance the debate?

Second, I don't need to say that american Political strategists are traveling the world to help other country's political party's because the economy, but they're because American politics work for politicians. In 2004, did Bush or Kerry mention the environment? At that time WATER (of all things) wasn't drinkable in 44% of states. Politics serves as a deterrent from big issues (the main issue at that time was GAY MARRIAGE, not unsave drinking/hunting regulations caused by corporate cronyism). Politics works on diverting attention from the issues to non-issues (like the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz). Obama couldn't pass health care because "Death panels" and "higher taxes" registered more with voters than "corporation run health care" and "cancellation of premiums"

You are not seriously going to pretend "the right" ousted anti-semitic holdover Helen Thomas from the White House Press Corps, exaggerated race-based liberation theology hate preacher Jeremiah Wright's sermons, and made up that Van Jones was a self-avowed communist, despite his continuing appearances at progressive communistic events?

"The right" was not in a position to fire or distort any of these people. They were hung by their own words and if the White House was too cowardly, how is it a problem with "the right" that Obama shoots first and asks questions later (ala "I don't have all the facts, but the Cambridge Police acted stupidly)? Shirley Sherrod's firing is the fault of the Obama Administation and the Obama Administration alone.

Actually, I am seriously going to pretend the right ousted them. Van Jones words in several speeches was taken out of context. Helen Thomas said simply the Palestinians had their land stolen from them and should be given back what they lost (OMG how outrages). And Wright, although the brashest of them is still a very intellectual guy that if you ever have the privilege to hear him speak personally; take it. While Wirght did say "god damn america" it was in the context of America's past sins. America has been very negligent to blacks, asians, native americans; and Wright was saying "God Damn American" because America makes mistakes and has failed to live up to them. There are several others and I can't defend the dozens of speeches that were given that were taken out of context, but I can say that many of them have been about affirmative action (whites don't like hearing about that) and taken out of context (e.g. Jones "give them the wealth" was about giving Native Americans the wealth that THEIR land had that White Americans forced them to live on).

Why is it you are always willing to give these people the benefit of the doubt, yet reflexively believe the Democratic mantra the Republican Party is basically "The Party of No." Sometimes you have to say no when the opposing Party and its supporters want to treat you like infants instead of adults.

This is the mindset of the Democratic Party. Americans are too dumb to make their own health care decisions, so we must have universal health care. Americans are too dumb to protect the environment, so government must regulate every facet of the energy sector. Americans are too dumb to discern which news is accurate so we must constantly rail against "Faux News." Americans are too dumb to figure out a preacher who hangs around with Louis Farrakhan, routinely talks about white folks' greed, and has on occasion ended a sermon with "God Damn America!" is not radical, racist, or both. Americans are too dumb to run their own businesses, so we must raise taxes to keep most of them from desiring to do so.

Is there anything Democratic party supporters do not think Americans are too dumb to do? Or is their very voting for the Democratic Party proof of the American people's intellectual deficits?

But that's all the Republicans have given to the debate; either no or start over. And (this is slightly abusive on your part) while I agree the democrats are closer to a solution then Republicans on HC, what solutions do republicans have? Name 3!

Second, I've never said Americans are too dumb to make HC decisions (but I have said Americans are easily swayed by slogans). But I digress, UHC is the best simply because HC companies are seeking profit while marginalizing their customers by canceling their premiums (and please as the son of a cancer patient, don't tell me otherwise). Regardless of what the talking heads (Hannity, Beck, Orally) say, American healthcare fails not because of the people, but the corporations.

Finally, I've never said Americans are too dumb to regulate the environment, that is exaggerated. Americans though don't have the means to protect the environment, and that is where the government stepped in (and although socialist even Adam Smith said there are areas only the government can effectively handle) because there is no incentive for a private enterprise to solve an environmental issue.

FINALLY FINALLY: we can go on forever, and it is stupid to believe we can convince one another, especially on a pokemon forums. So if you would like an actual debate continue; but I would like more than anything to avoid hard feelings.

But that's all the Republicans have given to the debate; either no or start over. And (this is slightly abusive on your part) while I agree the democrats are closer to a solution then Republicans on HC, what solutions do republicans have? Name 3!

I don't see how this matters right now, given that Republicans are not the ones in control of the House, Senate, and White House, and as such, any legislation they attempt to move through would immediately be shot down. Stop trying to push the blame on the Republicans when it was the Democrats who took control in 2008 saying "Don't worry, the Republicans fucked up but we can fix it" and now that they have failed to do so, are demonizing the Republicans for not supporting their ridiculous legislation.
And I am no expert on conservative Health Care Policy but I believe Republicans would advocate for tort reform, namely to protect doctors from ridiculous lawsuits that essentially force doctors to practice defensive medicine, wasting millions upon millions of dollars that could be used in other, more productive ways, namely R&D . I also believe Republicans are for people finding a Health Care Policy that fits them, as opposed to throwing everyone into one giant pool and saying, "There, everyone has Health Care."

Back