Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya Zipo! First things first: hi.
ANYWAY
I'm no C+C master, I don't know what to say...I'll try...
REVAMPS: You're beyond the basics, all right. All you have to learn is outline shading - don't add random black pixels, they can look good with your laptop lid high but they don't otherwise.
FUSION: Amazing. Keep it up.
1st TRAINER: Face is fine, what strikes me is that this fella has no neck.
LAST THINGY: Don't know what it is :( No points for me. Thing is, it has a very soft outline and everything. Maybe get Zangoose colors or something.

That's it! Hope to see more.

Aaaand...

100TH POST YAAAAAAAAAY

Hi everyone, I posted my Steel retype of Seismitoad in the WSC forum already, and one of my friends suggested that I take off the extra part on the head. I'm just here to get some other opinions on which is better, and any other C+C is welcomed.

Original:
New:

Thanks again!

A request from a friend...
The banner i request:

Dark Red Background, Black fog/smog rolling in to somewhat mystify characters

Have the word "Harau Bacsey" in the background; in red/orange/any color that looks good

No pixelation in the characters; 3 being in the front, 2 & 4 behind him, with 1 & 5 behind them.

1(Right)-5(left)

1-Yeventha (Species on wookipedia)

2-Kakuzu (Akatski from Naruto)

3- Darth Revan

4-HG/SS Rival

5- Dr. Rictofen (Nazi Zombies)

Top says "Five Bodies"
middle says "One Heart"
bottom says "No Soul"

If you can improve these to my liking please do so.
- Harau Bacsey

Thanks for the feedback! I am not going to post the fixes I made because I have decided to completely disregard your advice because I think it's not worth it and... nah I'm kidding. The difference is evident but miniscule, so I have decided not to. Sorry! But to make it up, I have 3 sprites! A disguise and 2... eh, I don't know what you would call them. Kind of a split of a retype and a whole new pokemon I guess. So here I go!

When Voltorb told his little sister he wanted to be a psychic type, this was not what he meant.

Introducing... Panshock and Panbland! Stupid names, I know, but I'm surprised no one has done this yet. I mean, the Pans already have that diversity typing opportunity. I'm a little dicey on the prong thing on top of Panshock though. I might just switch it for maybe a thunderbolt or something.

oh, I did something like that Munna/Voltorb awhile back!

My first disguise, lol. I think you did it better though. I also really like those monkeys, but Panbland's head shape looks a bit odd. Maybe make the top flatter?

breh

強いだね
for some reason, the phrase "wacky hairdoes" inspires humor in me

anyway, nice pans. I'd like to see more.

Hey guys! Schools been coming to an end so I've been busy with that but in my spare time I've been doing a few things I thought were nifty and I thought I'd share one of them!

Not the best thing I think I've ever done, but tell me what you think none the less! :)

Hey guys! Schools been coming to an end so I've been busy with that but in my spare time I've been doing a few things I thought were nifty and I thought I'd share one of them!

Not the best thing I think I've ever done, but tell me what you think none the less! :)
VERY nice. :) imo, they remind me of heartless from Kingdom Hearts, maybe from Wonderland. :D My only comment is there are some VERY minor rough edges in the outline, but they look great otherwise. :D

As for my contributions

NEW ZOMBIES! :D

Edit:

Edit 2:

Red

Code:
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab226/Aeowyn_Gavia/98d7388e.jpg
Could someone:
Intensify the eyes in this picture, make it more noticeble, with a trail of faded red coming across from left eye? and put my name in Fancy lettering [not cursive] under the picture.
so it looks like:

"->Red<-"
of course, with better arrows and bigger font.

and lastly, Resize it so It is Avatar length, and cut the background?

Code:
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab226/Aeowyn_Gavia/98d7388e.jpg
Could someone:
Intensify the eyes in this picture, make it more noticeble, with a trail of faded red coming across from left eye? and put my name in Fancy lettering [not cursive] under the picture.
so it looks like:

"->Red<-"
of course, with better arrows and bigger font.

and lastly, Resize it so It is Avatar length, and cut the background?
Does this work for you? I tried working out what you said, though I don't think I'm very successful with the eyes...

Posting to say that the zombie style is pretty funky, might try it someday.
Also I really like Zombie Cacnea up there for some reason - I think it's the smooth colors.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey everybody. I'm trying to insert Emolga into a FireRed ROM but I need a backsprite. I came up with this.

Problems? And advice on its hand/paw/thing?

Hi there. I am new to smogon and I don't know how to post images from my computer. Can someone help me? I have some really good revamps i want to show.

iaza.com and photobucket.com are good for hosting images well (although, iaza images go away after 90 days, so that's more for temporary stuff). Also, in the future it's best not to double-post unless it's been more than a day since the last post.

On another note, tried making my first zombie sprite. Wasn't really sure what all to do so that happened. The eyes are all black because when I tried making them white it looked too cutesy for my liking, lol.

Thank you all. I have found a website called imgur which i will use. Again thank you. I will try to be as cool as i can be without doing something totally stupid. I will post more revamps soon.

The revamp looks good, but just a tip: you may want to get rid of all of that blank space. Just move the sprite to the top left corner and change the size of the picture. That should get rid of a lot of the white space that's around your Steelix(or any sprite).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)