Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to try something new in between making a crapload of edits to my WSC sprite... overshades! Or overshade, to be more accurate... they take forever (probably has more to do with me being bloody inefficient though). It's been a learning experience, still got lots to learn about it though.

Firesong, was meant to say this earlier... I think your sprites are great! Charbone or whatever you want to call it is particularly good, imo.

ARGH the internet crashed 10 minutes after i promised buck and i couldnt get my altaria sprite, and i have to be in bed super early tonite (karate tomorrow!) so ill try to do better than maste win tomorrow... :D not that its bad, ill just be better :D
oh and aron, theyre not bad, but your concept isnt the best. Just think how it would look if you put body part x onto pokemon y. Hydreigon/lat@s is pretty good, as it flows nicely. on the other hand... raichu looks to over done with the wings and tails every where, as does metagross. Just try to think about how this pokemon would look running (or flying, floating, swimming, etc) around. how would the tails and wings and stuff look flailing behind its body? and another thing: angles. look at metagross facing left and the legs faing right. they just look very choppy. Reversing metagross would make it look more fluid, along whit mybe an arm replacement. they are just dangling and looking all weird. but look at staraptor: the head fits perfectly in the body, making it look realistic. if you want you can look at my sprites a page or two back and see how i like to do things. now sorry if i sound like im being hypercritical or im bragging, im just a bit of a stickler for little details (ursaring's wings nearly killed me with the extra pixels). im not telling you to do anything different, but for guidence, you might want to check out twoohfive205 on youtube, he is a great spriter. hopes this helps!
Thank you ^^ Like I said I am not that good at spriting but thank you for steering me in the right direction! I'm glad you like at least some of my sprites ^^

Don't judge a sprite by its white background. :/

elcheeso: Oh wow, that Scizor is great! Never heard of an overshade...

Master Win: My favorite part is the Chandelure-flame tail. I think the beak/nose could use some rework though, make it a bit smoother if you're going to keep that length.

Aron101: You're off to a great start! The "Poseidon" Rayquaza looks really nice.

Don't judge a sprite by its white background. :/

elcheeso: Oh wow, that Scizor is great! Never heard of an overshade...

Master Win: My favorite part is the Chandelure-flame tail. I think the beak/nose could use some rework though, make it a bit smoother if you're going to keep that length.

Aron101: You're off to a great start! The "Poseidon" Rayquaza looks really nice.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your comment :D

I was wondering if anyone could please make a fighting type eeveelution. Ive always wondered what it would look like.

I call it, Champeon! And with my 5 hour workout a day program, you too can have your Pokemon in top physical shape! Feel bad for your Pokemon being mistaken for a Snorlax? Than buy from us today!

O_O ok then...
on to business! how do you guys like my WIP of my WSC entry? its supposed to be a cross between a dementor and a fallen decepticon.

which one should i use? i prefer #2, but thats just my opinion which matters not in the slightest as i am the spiter.

Hey could someone please make me an avatar which I can use on smogon as my avatar.
All I really want is a Bagon with metalic colouring to fit my name. My current avatar is pretty cool but sadly I'm not called Cowboy Bagon.

Also while I'm here could somone please make a Blaziken sprite with a cowboy hat on his head. That would be awesome for my ASB team.

I'll give credit to whoever makes these avatars and sprites

@MetalBagon:

I can make a different hat if you want instead of that one.
For next time, though, sprites should be in the Spriting thread, not in this thread.
Also, you can change your name in your User CP. You may have already known that, but I thought that I should let you know in case.

Well, I decided to start a simple 'dex for shits and giggles using the ultimate spriting pokemon... drifloon! It's also the best pokemon ever. Enjoy~

Feel free to tell me which of the few that have more than one sprite per 'mon (i.e. lapras, entei) is best. Those two in particular were major pains in the arse and I'm still not happy with them... but I couldn't make entei's cheek plates fit without looking stupid, and lapras' shell isn't particularly suited for attachment to drifloon... and is too plain to look like the 'mon it's supposed to be with just the ears/horn/recolour.

lapras # 3 and entei #3. What mon should i use to start my dex? i want to but cant find one thats not time consuming. maybe... ditto?
Depends on how simple you want it to be. For super simplicity, I'd pick something like voltorb or electrode... maybe magnemite but it's probably too small to be that useful. Koffing is another option (probably a good one tbh). If you want something easy but a bit more complex than those, maybe skitty or one of the porygons?

Unrelated, but which espeon? :O

Go go gadget 'loons!

Hey, are we allowed to request sprites to be done for us in this thread. If so then I have a couple of requests.
1. A Dragonite wearing sunglasses and a detective hat.
2. A Hermacross with boxing gloves on his hands.
3. One of those Drifloons that elcheeso makes that looks like Arceus.

On an unrelated note my favourties driftloons of elcheeso in which there are multiple are:
Espeon 2
Entei 2
Lapras 3

Lapras Drifloon #1 is soooo great!
I also love Entei #3, it's spaced very well.
Would you mind if I used the Vulpix one as an avatar on another forum?

So I saw the awesome Drifloon Dex, and thought I would work on my own dex! :D A Voltorb dex to be more precise. These, however, don't go outside of the outline or anything, to keep it a more Spherical Style (unless it's things like Ghastly or Rotom, but still). :)

Would you mind if I used the Vulpix one as an avatar on another forum?
Feel free!

Anyway, here's a few more additions to the loondex. Jynxloon is a legendary in this 'dex, but I'm debating editing the hair a bit. Also, apparently I fail at making my own decisions because I can't decide between politoed #1 and 2. I like the second but it might be a little too busy for such a small pokemon. Opinions?

Edit: Btw Toast, I like how the 'dex is coming along, though I guess there could be issues later on with differentiating pokemon that evolve and are plain/have the same colouring etc. Ponyta/rapidash come to mind! Stupid horses. But meh, so far so good. Butterfreeorb amuses the hell out of me for some reason.

Also! Here's that arceloon you wanted Metal Bagon. Only just made it so I'll probably notice something I need to clean up later... but meh. I hate arceus. ;-;

Thanks arcticblast! Im gonna start later, STILL working in WSC.

EDIT: Heres just 3, would have done more but i was doing my EPIC avatar :D it missing a few things in a couple of frames (the puppet arms, the pink frills in frame 8 and 9) but i like it.

Aerial Ace

Hey, are we allowed to request sprites to be done for us in this thread. If so then I have a couple of requests.
1. A Dragonite wearing sunglasses and a detective hat.
2. A Hermacross with boxing gloves on his hands.
3. One of those Drifloons that elcheeso makes that looks like Arceus.

On an unrelated note my favourties driftloons of elcheeso in which there are multiple are:
Espeon 2
Entei 2
Lapras 3

Here's a detective Dragonite. Hope you like it!

Edit: Here's a Heracross boxer, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)