Playoffs Smogon Grand Slam Season 2 Playoffs - Finals [Won by Bad Ass]

Status
Not open for further replies.
August or Bad Ass to win =]

Also Blarajan too I guess...... he is easily the luckiest person in the tournament

Last edited:
go fuzznip
o3x8AOlgLrJS2q0C0kbGxDctDc.gif

1. Bloo vs 8. (blarajan vs Ciele)
2. Heist vs 7. (Malekith vs aerialace TM40)
3. Fuzznip vs 6. kokoloko
4. august
vs 5. Bad Ass

Ok, I shouldn't do that right after waking up, I have a correction to make:
Malekith and aerialace TM40 are fighting for the 7th spot, and blarajan/Ciele fighting for the 8th one, as it was said in the preliminary playoffs (My mistake was in the round 1 pairing)

In case of ties, here is the logic behind the seeds: Since unlike in the Tour, every battle counts (there is nothing such as best of the week), taking win/loss ratio wouldn't mean much, so we agreed on the standard deviation. That way, a player who is consistant in every open has the edge over a player that only masters one or two tiers.

Preliminary Playoffs:

7. Malekith vs aerialace TM40
8. blarajan vs Ciele

Round 1:

4. august vs 5. Bad Ass

1. Bloo vs 8. (blarajan vs Ciele) - NU, RU, UU
2. Heist vs 7. (Malekith vs aerialace TM40) - LC, Ubers, UU
3. Fuzznip vs 6. kokoloko - RU, UU, Ubers
4. august vs 5. Bad Ass - RU, UU, NU

Last edited:
4. august vs 5. Bad Ass

Preliminary Playoffs:

7. Malekith (Ubers, UU, RU, NU) vs aerialace TM40 (LC) Despite AA clearly throwing so he doesn't have to face August three times in the Slam (I feel you), Malekith is really solid in NU, and I think his overall experience with the game will let him take it out over the Pelliper king.
8. blarajan (RU, LC) vs Ciele (Ubers, UU, NU) Ciele smashed my boy blackstardust in the Ubers tour, so I give him that. He also knows NU fairly well from what I remember. Blara takes LC and RU (cause lol), so I think it would come down to UU, where Ciele probably takes just due to more experience.

Round 1:

1. Bloo (???) vs 8. Ciele (???) man idk I flipped a coin honestly.
2. Heist (Ubers, UU) vs 7. Malekith (RU, NU, LC) another really tough one. Heist takes Ubers and UU, Malekith takes NU and RU, and then Malekith wins LC due to a speed tie or some shit cause lol irony justice etc. whatever the LC kids want to call it.
3. Fuzznip vs 6. kokoloko METRO
4. august vs 5. Bad Ass coin flips are fun.

Round 1:

1. Bloo vs 8. (blarajan vs Ciele) blarajan will come out firing with a fire under his ass to beat ciele but he won't have the passion of last years slam and will fall to bloo
2. Heist vs 7. (Malekith vs aerialace TM40) I feel like malekith hasnt seen anything like aatm40 before and will get caught off guard a few time allowing aa to secure the win, but heist will be savvy enough to keep his play strong enough to win
3. Fuzznip vs 6. kokoloko koko is p good, i think he takes 3/5
4. august vs 5. Bad Ass august strongust

i think i did these right

1. Bloo vs 4. august despite bloo's prodigous skill august has the edge here with his UU/RU dominance, and having the aerial based to help him through NU/LC. august has the mindset to get past bloo
2. Heist vs 6. kokoloko no contest here, heist is just a damn good player

2. Heist vs 4. august Heist takes home the second Slam. Excellent in basically every available team and imo hungrier than august he'll add to his tournament legacy taking 3/5. Basically the only matchup i wouldn't automatically give august at least one of uu/ru

if i did it wrong then Bloo>kokoloko, Heist>august in r2; Heist beats Bloo 3/5 in the finals

MAH MAN SAPIENTA

anyways me and ciele fighting now on ori

edit:

won 3-0 (ubers, ru, nu)

ubers was clean and good. ru i got lucky with paras, and i'm sorry. nu was stupid. i got two important crits and ended up winning because of them. just so i don't get shit on, i offered a rematch for this game, but ciele is too much of a man to take it.

good g1, shitty g2-3. i'm genuinely sorry man. this is not how i wanted this series.

Last edited:
7. Malekith vs aerialace TM40
8. blarajan vs Ciele ==> Da boss

Round 1:

1. Bloo vs 8. blarajan
4. august vs 5. Bad Ass

BLARAJAN TO WIN IT ALL !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back