Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. Mac OC
2. Google Chrome
3. Tried in Safari but same problem
4. 1 week ago
5. albalamalva
6. Everytime i have tried to reconnect to my account it has been saying "couldn't connect to the server", and since then i couldn't play ps with a friend of mine

I noticed my showdown works perfectly fine on my phone, but for some reason when i try to use it on my PC the 'choose name' part just loads forever and i cant sign into my user, also an error pops up saying 'couldn't connect to the server, Retry, Retry with HTTP, Work offline'
All 3 of these options still don't fix the loading issue on my 'choose name' button, i basically cant save any teams i make or play online against other players when i use PC, i think it has something to do with the fact the website doesn't use HTTP and so none of the browsers i've tried trust it, please help :( Browser is Chrome but have tried many others

Attachments

Last edited:
I noticed my showdown works perfectly fine on my phone, but for some reason when i try to use it on my PC the 'choose name' part just loads forever and i cant sign into my user, also an error pops up saying 'couldn't connect to the server, Retry, Retry with HTTP, Work offline'
All 3 of these options still don't fix the loading issue on my 'choose name' button, i basically cant save any teams i make or play online against other players when i use PC, i think it has something to do with the fact the website doesn't use HTTP and so none of the browsers i've tried trust it, please help :( Browser is Chrome but have tried many others
i think i know how to play
1634615335614.png

Basically u are seeing me using a virtual browser so i got locked (thank god this isn't my main)this works but u will get locked and cannot chat (also you have a Limited time of using it so its not worth it D: )

All of a sudden whenever I tried to visit Pokemon Showdown that being from my Browser (Google Chrome) or the application, a message popped up saying: "Couldn't connect to server". This does NOT happen in any other device I may use. All that started happening about a month ago, same time when half of the sites I was visited were market as "Not Secure" by Google Chrome (not sure if it has anything to do but it may be helpful). I have 10.10.5

Blimax

https://www.youtube.com/c/Blimaxx
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Last edited:
Every time I go on Pokémon Showdown, whether it be on the app or on browser, it never works. I have tried using my phone, it works, i tried another computer in my household, it still works. So why do only I get this error message? (I have been trying things since the 9th of November)

1636828012350.png

I have never posted on a forum or anything before, so I am sorry if I mess this up or make myself look stupid.

I was playing with someone I know, and we encountered a problem where Togepi, with a set of moves, would say it had them as I choose my team, but then not have any when it is actually sent into battle. I took screenshots, but when I go into the Attach Files button, it only lets me choose photos and downloaded images. I need help . . . I'm sorry for being so stupid and inconveniencing anyone.

So I’ve had major issues trying to log into Pokémon showdown from infinite loading and disconnecting every second, I’ve heard that other people had this happen, and for some reason it’s only on Smogon University ( the main server) and not things like smogon tours. I would appreciate some help from the other Pokémon showdowners, I’ve used Chrome And Safari but it still doesn’t work, this started to happen today and I’m in a Ipad 7 Gen

1. Operating system: Mac
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) Google Chrome, version 95.0.4638.69
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? No
  4. When did this problem start? 11/22/21, about 12:00 PM PDT
  5. Your PS username JTD783
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
I played on PS this morning and everything was normal but when I went back on around noon all of my teams were gone. I did not remove any cookies manually and I don't think my mac would do that on its own, especially since this has never happened before. Is there any way to get them back? I had several hundred teams.

Hi, I've been getting connection issues lately (Couldn't connect to server and disconnecting mid match/battle); three days straight now. I've read from this forum that other people is getting the same issue. I've used both Chrome and Opera browsers and same thing happens. It is not my wifi as I can play other online games just fine.

A pop up recently asking about cookies and if i want to share cookies showed up and it wont go away. And ever since i got it PS has been lagging horribly. How do i get rid of it? Im on mobile chrome browser

1. Windows 7
  2. Google
  3. It works on other browsers such as Microsoft Bing but I don't remember my Pokemon Showdown password.
  4. It started around 2 days ago.
  5. Username: TheBlueCode
  6. The problem is the loading gets stuck on "Loading Client...".

Initializing... DONE
Loading libraries... DONE
Loading data... DONE
Loading client...

1. ChromeOS
2. Chrome
3. I have tried only DDG and Chrome
4. This problem started today.
5. ASC3NS10N
6. I was able to do everything just fine at first. made an account. spectated a couple matches. but then when I tried to battle someone else I suddenly was disconnected and it has been non stop ever since. Everytime I click reconnect it will immediately pop up the same DC message over and over and over and over without fail and without stopping. I close the site and come back every now and again and I will even reboot the whole computer itself but same problem nonstop I have even tried different wi-fi networks. I don't know what's going on plz help :D

Introduction

Before you try anything else, if something's not working, see if it's fixed by connecting via HTTPS; copy/paste this into your URL bar: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

This thread is dedicated to technical support for Pokemon Showdown. This is not the place to post bug reports or feature requests--the only things that should go in this thread are requests for help doing something that you should be able to do already, like connect to the server or stay connected.

Also, if you are having trouble connecting, make sure that the login server isn't just down by clicking this link.

PS is still in development, so we may not have the answer to all your questions, but we'll try, and the information you provide should help us identify problem areas.

Rules

If you post a support request in this thread, it must contain the following information. If it does not, it will be deleted. If the information is irrelevant to your request/question, it probably belongs in Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Operating system
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
  4. When did this problem start?
  5. Your PS username
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).

In addition, you should not post if...
  • ...your question is answered already in the FAQ post in this thread.
  • ...you have a bug to report that's not technical, such as an error in tiering, commands not working, etc. Post bug reports in the bug reports thread.
  • ...you have a suggestion for Showdown. The suggestions forum is here.
  • ...you want to ask a question about Shoddy Battle, Pokemon Laboratory or Pokemon Online. We do not support these simulators anymore.
  • ...you want to file a complaint or otherwise need to contact upper staff, see this thread for contacting upper staff.
  • ...you want to appeal a punishment.
    • If its a room punishment (mute, roomban, blacklist) contact a room owner or the staff member who punished you.
    • Otherwise if its a lock, weeklock, or namelock, open a help ticket on the website with /ht.
    • Otherwise if its a global (server) ban, permalock, or permaban please see this thread.

The easiest way for you to make a post like this is to quote-reply to the next post, remove the quote tags, and fill in the relevant information.
I am not using a VPN nor am I using proxy, yet I got the error/message and I cannot chat, not sure if someone banned me even though I am new or what. But I would like to chat..My username is "Cxsmic Vortex" and the space between the words is part of the name.

1.window 7
2.opera gx
3.firefox,chrome
4.october 2021
5.TheLegendShadow
6.after pokemon showodwn said severs are down for awhile i waited for a while then it was not fixed i asked them then they said go ask here.pokemon showdown say coldn't connect to server.

Last edited:
  1. Win10
  2. Firefox
  3. Chrome
  4. September 12, 2021
  5. cad.furion
  6. Like many people in this thread, I am receiving this error (specifically on https://sports.psim.us).
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 201658.png

'Retry' and 'Retry with HTTP' do nothing.
    Manually removing the s from 'https' does nothing, it simply reloads the page in https again.

After an exhaustive search of this thread I can't find a single person with my issue who received effective feedback.

The FAQ post from 2012 is comical though. :boatogostandode:

Draft League is starting Monday and I need to get this resolved ASAP.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
  1. Win10
  2. Firefox
  3. Chrome
  4. September 12, 2021
  5. cad.furion
  6. Like many people in this thread, I am receiving this error (specifically on https://sports.psim.us).
    View attachment 402336
    'Retry' and 'Retry with HTTP' do nothing.
    Manually removing the s from 'https' does nothing, it simply reloads the page in https again.

After an exhaustive search of this thread I can't find a single person with my issue who received effective feedback.

The FAQ post from 2012 is comical though. :boatogostandode:

Draft League is starting Monday and I need to get this resolved ASAP.
Side servers generally don't support HTTPS, try HTTP (which worked for me on chrome) http://sports.psim.us/

Also as a note this is for technical support with the main server, not side servers.

windows7
chrome
mozila
20/1/2022(maybe a day or two earlier)
hlebour123
I hadn't played in a while and when I came back after a day or two I kept getting this message and all it lets me do is access teambuilder while offline
1643880564122.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)