The dumbest thing the AI has ever done?

Always trying to lower my pokemon stat that is already lowered to the maximum amount.

Winona in emerald had an illegal altaria (early dragon dance)

In emerald only, in Victory Road there was a fucking cooltrainer with Earthquake Lanturn, which can't learn it. It then proceeded to use it on my flygon.

By the way, did you know in the X and Y trailer Gardevoir was seen using Fairy Wind?
Yeah so why not let Gardevoir learn it instead of false advertising nintendo

>Me and my brother are fighting in the Gen 4 Battle Tower.
>Enemy Koffing uses Smokescreen against my Gyarados.
>I'm concerned about my Gyarados's worse accuracy, especially against the AI.
>Next turn the Koffing uses Haze, thus removing my accuracy drop.
>We destroy the the enemies' Pokemon easily afterwords. Hell, my Gyarados might have fainted that Koffing.

Once in a Battle Royal, I had an Incineroar out and the opponents had, respectively, a Mega Sceptile, and two Magnezone (Yes there were two. I once entered a match in which all 3 opponents had an Oven Rotom out at the same time). Naturally, as I was in the lead, my mon was the first thing that needed to be taken out right?

both Magnezone proceed to use Thunderbolt on me, forgetting that Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod. They do this for three turns, boosting it's SpAttack to +6 (But all of the Focus Blasts missed so I had a free opportunity to get a KO on Sceptile).

Nothing in Pokemon has an actual AI we just call it that instead of saying CPU or computer
Except there's actual degrees of AI in Pokemon games, with facility trainers having the highest (thus making properly weighted selection of moves, swapping mons in specific situations, even using battle tactics like setup or conditions), and wild mons having the worst (literally rolling a d4 to pick their attack)

Except there's actual degrees of AI in Pokemon games, with facility trainers having the highest (thus making properly weighted selection of moves, swapping mons in specific situations, even using battle tactics like setup or conditions), and wild mons having the worst (literally rolling a d4 to pick their attack)
Except AI stands for artificial intelligence. So no there really isn't any in Pokemon, as it is nothing but programs that use variables and run if, if else, else, for, and other miscellaneous code rather than there being any actual AI.

Merritt

literally the textbook definition of a tsundere
is a Community Contributor
Except AI stands for artificial intelligence. So no there really isn't any in Pokemon, as it is nothing but programs that use variables and run if, if else, else, for, and other miscellaneous code rather than there being any actual AI.
"The dumbest thing the AI has ever done?" is a much catchier title than "The dumbest thing the various code that controls enemy Pokemon and trainers has ever done?"

On the subject of the thread rather than nomenclature, had a "fun" fight in a recent Emerald run where the enemy trainer's Pelipper used Protect 10 times in a row (successfully 7 times in a row). In hindsight it was funny, but during the battle it was frustrating.

On the subject of the thread rather than nomenclature, had a "fun" fight in a recent Emerald run where the enemy trainer's Pelipper used Protect 10 times in a row (successfully 7 times in a row). In hindsight it was funny, but during the battle it was frustrating.
Trainers in RSE have a ridiculous obsession with Protect and Detect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)