Votes: 32 20.8%
  • Within the next week

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Within the next month

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Eventually

Votes: 82 53.2%

• Total voters
Illusion is easy to level up; Muffle is bugged. Cast it a couple of times and boom, new level.

That master Destruction quest is just bullshit. The spells look fancy, but they take forever to cast and can't stagger. Was pleased with the lightning one though, Palpatine ftw.

Swaggersaurus (or Az, idk which to call you), I've met with Glitchville a whoooole bunch lately. My favorite is when I kill a dragon and they don't give me their soul (or decompose). Other favorites include not being able to play for longer than an hour before I get major lag, and enemies randomly becoming immune to damage and/or Impact. Anger, sooo much anger.

Yeah, I went something like 20 to 100 Illusion just by using Muffle and then waiting an hour for replenishing Magicka, it was ridiculous how fast I was leveling up. If only restoration was that fast, Equilibrium + Healing can go jump off a bridge for all I care.

Speaking of magic, just finished the College of Winterhold questline (finally got round to it). I can see why you said it was a let down with the ending and all, but at least the overall story was good. I'm also on the last Thieves Guild quest too (at least I think I am), but like Alan I want to keep the "item" for a little while longer. :p

She's in the marriage candidates list, but you can't marry her, so I used the console to add her to my marriage candidate faction.

I took this aspect of my character roleplay pretty seriously. I was looking around frantically for somewhere beautiful to propose to Lydia, my loyal follower and friend, when I stumbled upon Lost Valley Redoubt. She nearly died on the way, and as I reached the pool, I turned and saw her running towards me. I felt such relief that she lived, and the place was so pretty, that I knew I would propose to her there. So I got further in the main quest, donned my Amulet of Mara, dressed up all pretty, and took her to the same place. Unfortunately the weather was terrible. She still accepted my advances that morning despite the clouds, so I can't complain, although I did want some pretty sunset / sunrise light to illuminate the screenshots. I'll just take her back for our 1 month anniversary or something.

Proposing :D!

...yeah, immersion and all that.

Here's my screenshot album, all with captions. I wish I'd taken more during the beginning of my journey! Az's makes me jealous. There's a screenshot that spoils the Companions questline and more spoilery screenshots will come, most likely, so beware. I apologise for the Medium quality settings; I could run it higher but I don't, since I leave my computer on a lot. (Note: A lot of the screenshots are just bunnies. I take screenshots every time I get close enough to a bunny.)

Pickpocket is disgustingly easy to level -- I think I got from lv. 20 to lv. 50 tonight in like 15 minutes. Sneak isn't. :( Maybe I should enchant some daggers and sneak attack monsters? Will that work? I don't really want to attack NPCs :c Is there a more effective way? So far I've just been levelling up gradually by sneaking around NPCs and stealing their property.

Speaking of glitches, my 360 copy of the game decided that it wouldn't allow general dialogue to work. The only dialogue that works is when you ask npcs questions and such but any dialogue outside of conversation doesn't work. I thought my save file was corrupt so I started a new game but the opening scene wouldn't even work properly because the npcs' dialogue wouldn't start. Has anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it?

Speaking of glitches, my 360 copy of the game decided that it wouldn't allow general dialogue to work. The only dialogue that works is when you ask npcs questions and such but any dialogue outside of conversation doesn't work. I thought my save file was corrupt so I started a new game but the opening scene wouldn't even work properly because the npcs' dialogue wouldn't start. Has anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it?
Dude, you cant even read the text, general subtitles are so little I can't even read them from 5 feet away without squinting. I play on 360 too and wish I had a Gaming PC

But Bard's Leap was unexpected, after slaying Forsworn and Hargravens I see a blue figure down there and I'm like ha! and jump in dat pool and then he disapears x.x but speech +1

I was trying to get to Lost Valley Redoubt and I randomly plunged down the waterfall and found that guy. I love random discoveries like that.

in the bard's college is there anything else you can really do besides get trained in speech and do that one quest that lets you in? seems almost like they would be better off not having it....

I was trying to get to Lost Valley Redoubt and I randomly plunged down the waterfall and found that guy. I love random discoveries like that.
I was looking for a dungeon too when I found that. I couldn't find it, so I randomly decided that the place was called "Bard's Leap" because you had to jump down the waterfall in order for the entrance to appear. Boy was I disappointed :(.

So uhhh... I did Diplomatic Immunity...

I gave some of my equipped items to Malborn, the rest to Lydia, and almost everything else to Delphine. So I got all my items from Malborn's chest and Lydia, then Delphine's. Outside I noticed I was missing some of my enchanted items. I then went back in time to check my inventory in the Winking Skeever and I was definitely missing my Necklace of Deft Hands and my Hide Bracers of Major Lockpicking, as well as a shitload of jewellery I'd amassed (those were stolen though, which is why I think they went missing)...

/crestfallen v_v IDK if I want to play anymore, I feel too bereft ._. and I don't want to do Diplomatic Immunity again since that took forever and I levelled up heaps during it. I think I'll probably just suck it up and do it again, since I absolutely don't want to lose the items; they were worth too much and I was planning to enchant them. At least it won't take as long this time because I mastered my stealth strategy. Thank God I saved before giving away my shit.

ETA: Anyone know any way of getting them back, short of using console to add it all back and enchant (I already wrote down the list just in case, but it's going to take a long time and be very tedious, so I'd rather just do the quest again legitimately)?

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
idk about ways of getting them back, fette, but my own experience with diplomatic immunity was pretty hectic for a few reasons (i don't think i'll expand here just in case i finally do start writing that deshim's jounral blog or w/e) and i think it really fleshed out the "lore" of my character

i mean losing a bunch of stuff is never fun, but maybe you can spin it into a good thing for your character?

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i don't think you can get it back.... :(

if you didnt get the Stone of Barenziah i would redo it since its like impossible to get back in when you are done.....

I gave some of my equipped items to Malborn, the rest to Lydia, and almost everything else to Delphine. So I got all my items from Malborn's chest and Lydia, then Delphine's. Outside I noticed I was missing some of my enchanted items. I then went back in time to check my inventory in the Winking Skeever and I was definitely missing my Necklace of Deft Hands and my Hide Bracers of Major Lockpicking, as well as a shitload of jewellery I'd amassed (those were stolen though, which is why I think they went missing)...

/crestfallen v_v IDK if I want to play anymore, I feel too bereft ._. and I don't want to do Diplomatic Immunity again since that took forever and I levelled up heaps during it. I think I'll probably just suck it up and do it again, since I absolutely don't want to lose the items; they were worth too much and I was planning to enchant them. At least it won't take as long this time because I mastered my stealth strategy. Thank God I saved before giving away my shit.

ETA: Anyone know any way of getting them back, short of using console to add it all back and enchant (I already wrote down the list just in case, but it's going to take a long time and be very tedious, so I'd rather just do the quest again legitimately)?
My god the same thing happened to me...

Well I mean the items were different but I lost a lot of stuff...The mission wasn't terribly difficult so I may do it again but I lost > 6000 gold. I want to beat it but not without my items and if not then i'm just going to wait until GRFS comes out...

just made a ton of potions with stolen giant's toes and wheat; one of each. My alchemy level is higher than Charlie Sheen.

In other news, finally beat Saarthal Ruins -_- Had to go find the second word for Fire Breath.

Pickpocket is disgustingly easy to level -- I think I got from lv. 20 to lv. 50 tonight in like 15 minutes. Sneak isn't. :( Maybe I should enchant some daggers and sneak attack monsters? Will that work? I don't really want to attack NPCs :c Is there a more effective way? So far I've just been levelling up gradually by sneaking around NPCs and stealing their property.
I sneak all the time; in the country, towns, dungeons, everywhere. You go slower, but the sneak boost is so worth it. If i need to go fast, I sprint when my stamina's full, whirlwind sprint when my Thu'umeter is charged, and sneak while I'm waiting for either of them to load. Quite an efficient system.

i don't think you can get it back.... :(

if you didnt get the Stone of Barenziah i would redo it since its like impossible to get back in when you are done.....
This isn't quite true. There'e actually a really simple glitch you can use to reenter, no use of console. It's simple enough that it can even be done on console, just involves escaping the boundaries of the cave. That you escape through. It just sucks that they didn't make a way to get back, I mean, the Thalmor are probably my favorite addition story wise to this game.

I have about 15 levels of light armour till I get everything 100 in about 200+ hours of gameplay and I'm level 80, Todd Howard lied if he said there was no level cap because I tried to lower my skills by getting a high bounty and going to jail, serving the time and only to realize I lost progress on light armour, pickpocket and speech were imo the most tedious to get to level 100, even at a 20% boost it still required that extra 20k gold to get a trainer in. Everything else is the old-fashoined Oblivion way of leveling up and with the 20% boost from the guardian stones it makes it easier.

I still wish it had some mechanics from Oblivion.... 1st dlc should be "Oblivion for Skyrim bugs and all :D"

I have about 15 levels of light armour till I get everything 100 in about 200+ hours of gameplay and I'm level 80, Todd Howard lied if he said there was no level cap because I tried to lower my skills by getting a high bounty and going to jail, serving the time and only to realize I lost progress on light armour, pickpocket and speech were imo the most tedious to get to level 100, even at a 20% boost it still required that extra 20k gold to get a trainer in. Everything else is the old-fashoined Oblivion way of leveling up and with the 20% boost from the guardian stones it makes it easier.

I still wish it had some mechanics from Oblivion.... 1st dlc should be "Oblivion for Skyrim bugs and all :D"
Doing the same thing, and I've found destruction/restoration to be the most annoying to level. Light armour was easy for me, as I just enchanted a set with high health and health regen, placed my character in front of four dual wielding forsworn and then left and did other stuff. Currently sitting at 100 in everything, bar around 90 in archery/two-hand/destruction as I try and find new dungeons and things to do in order to level these up. And pickpocket was shit easy, as it also provided a great way to get the money to use trainers, ie steal rings which you then enchant and sell to fences.

I sneak all the time; in the country, towns, dungeons, everywhere. You go slower, but the sneak boost is so worth it. If i need to go fast, I sprint when my stamina's full, whirlwind sprint when my Thu'umeter is charged, and sneak while I'm waiting for either of them to load. Quite an efficient system.
nabbing the silent roll perk helps a lot too. i never untoggled sneak once i got that at 50 sneak and i maxed it out MUCH faster that way.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Sis, i'd honestly just keep on trucking if I were you. The same exact thing happened to me, but its ok you get much better gear later on so unless you lost an essential item (like the stone of barenziah, they're needed for a quest) or a legendary weapon / apparal you're good to go. You can also spend some time and becoming an enchanter, but it takes a ton of time to get good at it.
Seriously, 5 levels from now you won't even care.

PS: Diplomatic Immunity was awesome, even better for us high elves because we got to sneak in easily.

So I finally got my legendary deadric set only to realize there are armor pieces with stronger enchantments out there <_< So now I have to spend weeks (like in Oblivion) to randomly find stuff like Deadric Sword of the Vampire to get 5 extra points of absorb health than my legendary sword that only has 20 absorb health, with the 50% skill to find a rare item I have found a deadric war axe :| first deadric anything I have found in a chest, I just hate how long it takes for the giant's camps to respawn loot x.x

Any dungeons/caves that have a ton of loot to loot? I've been most places not quest related and I'm not finding anything good :(

Also I'm having Marital issues, idk who to marry as a male nord lol, I'm thinking Jordis the sword maiden but JORDIS... kinda manly for a woman, I might go with a temple of dibella woman even if they cant accompany me? Suggestions D:

Also I'm having Marital issues, idk who to marry as a male nord lol, I'm thinking Jordis the sword maiden but JORDIS... kinda manly for a woman, I might go with a temple of dibella woman even if they cant accompany me? Suggestions D:
Aela the Huntress is pretty cool, she's a very useful follower too.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I'm going to go on a rant with the horses here. I assumed that all horses were invincible in this game (like shadowmere and Marboral's horse in oblivion) but apparently only *SPOILER ALERT* Shadowmere is the only invincible horse (yes, she returns!!). Please tell me I'm not the only one who wasted my money on a horse and had it die like 5 seconds later in a dragon battle or some stupid shit like that. Also, I think it's pretty gay that you can't fight while riding a horse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)