Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning on doing a Scramblocke Challenge, but since I've already got a Nuzlocke challenge going I'm just going to do a plain old Scramble Challenge.

I'm doing this run on Pokemon Diamond.

A six pokemon team. The starter pokemon has to be a Sinnoh Starter. The other members are fair game. They can be from any Generation, apart from V for obvious reasons.

I can trade to evolve pokemon.

Nicknames for the pokemon would be appreciated.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If possible, take a Spiritomb. It must always hold a resistance berry, and use a move that corresponds with the berry, if possible. It cannot know any move with a base power higher than 70, or any move that is not an attack (i.e. no WOW, Nasty Plot, Imprison, Smokescreen, etc.). It must know Rock Tomb. It must outspeed Flint's Infernape by using Rock Tomb. Name it Why?

If that is not possible, take a mono-Electric Pachirisu. It must solo every trainer in the 8th gym until it dies, except the gym leader.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Addiethunder, take a Murkrow & name it Crow.

• If its nature is Neutral, +Attack, or +Sp. Attack, It cannot use STAB moves.
  • If its nature is +Defence, +Sp. Defence, or +Speed, It can only use STAB moves.
Have fun! :)

Take a Charmander and name it Overcome. To evolve into a Charmeleon, it has to take 1 water attack and solo 3 water types used by trainers. To evolve into Charizard it has to take 1 ground type move and solo 2 ground types used by trainers. As a Charizard, in order to use either stab, it has to take 1 rock type move used by a higher level trainer pokemon. If the pokemon using the rock type move is used by a Galactic boss or gym leader, it can be any type. Otherwise, it must be a rock type.

(This is entirely doable in game. Also, obtain it anytime you want.)

Beat doom 3-0. Give me a minute Addie and I'll edit in a Pokemon for you. A1, when's the deadline for warstories?

EDIT: Addiethunder, take a Turtwig named Torano. It can only learn Level up moves, and when it learns a new move, you must replace the oldest move it knows. So when it learns its 5th move, you replace Tackle, then Withdraw, etc.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@Addiethunder, take a Gyarados. If it happens to be the Red Gyarados from HGSS Lake of Rage, you win at Pokemon and can do with it whatever you want. If it's a Red Gyarados, but not from HGSS Lake of Rage, you must teach it Surf. If not a Red Gyarados, it can only learn TM and HM moves, and cannot learn level-up moves.

@Chomzloh, one of your backup Pokemon is your choice between a Slakoth, Whismur, or Zigzagoon. Whichever one you pick, you cannot evolve it.

So far, I have a Poochyena, a Wingull, a Salamence, a Makuhita, a Sableye (I'll probably use this guy as a backup :P), a Slakoth/Whismur/Zigzagoon (backup), and a Mudkip. I still need one more backup or main (I honestly don't mind having to relegate another one of my exising challenges to backup status...) Pokemon for my Scramblocke. C'mon, guys!

Round 4 is up. Starting this Round, I'll make a brief comment about the tournament to give it a more serious look. Please read it and tell me if you liked it.

@Addie, take a Mime Jr. and name him Humphrey (or Gretchen if it's a girl). He/she must be caught on Route 209, inconveniently, after falling down the well where you find Spiritomb. After he climbed out, you found and caught him. He suffered brain trauma and remembered the move Hidden Power (meaning you must teach it to him). He cannot forget it and must use it on the first turn of any battle he takes part in. He also cannot evolve until he remembers Mimic once again, which he does after learning Substitute (meaning you must tutor Mimic at level 29). Then he may evolve and use any moves he pleases, but he may never forget Hidden Power. He can use it freely though.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'm not sure exactly who was giving what to who, but it looks like you've all given him more than six.

But yes, zdrup, the comments aren't bad. I mean, they really just tell us what we knew already, but they're okay as a recap, because I'm sure that we would not remember what was going on a week ago, when the round began.

For the record, I said I was gonna give him a Pokemon before chocolate-kipp and chomzloh gave him theirs, but I didn't actually say what it was until after they posted.

And zdrup, I like the comments. Only problem is you don't know much about what's going on, since you can't watch other people's battles, but good job.

My Team for this Scramble Run are:
Why? the Spiritomb/ Pachirisu
Darwinsux the Skorupi
Crow the Murkrow
Overcome the Charmander
Torano the Turtwig - My starter
A Gyarados Red/Blue

I was given more than six mons, but I'll add them to my team anyway!

Chimchar
Humphery the Mime Jr

So those are mons I'll be using. A pretty good team, I have to say!
I've got first prepare my Diamond game for this run (Transferring old pokemon to other games), but I should be able to start it soon!

@Doominic77 - I'll give you a Gyarados. It must know Twister, Torment, and Flail. You can choose the fourth move, and keep in mind that it can only learn Flail as a Magikarp.

doominic, i give you a spearow

but not just any Spearow, this is the one that your rival, Gary MOTHERF***ING OAK rejected for his beloved "pidgey" (if you say he never had a spearow, he had one in Pokemon Yellow. he has never had a spearow in any game since, and he didnt even use fearow all the way to the E4 in pokemon yellow either >__>). because of this, Spearow has a fierce hatred for Gary's Pidgey.

Catch Spearow, and Spearow must be the first out against Gary's pidgey/pidgeotto/pidgeot, and must always be the one to beat it. this includes the battle you have with gary on route 3 (yes its possible to get a spearow before you battle gary). in order to evolve, Spearow has to beat Gary's Pidgey once it has evolved into Pidgeotto. should spearow ever fall in battle against Gary's Pidgey you need to power level it until it learns its next level up move before you can move on to the next area. if it has already learned all of its level up moves you need to level it 5 times. good luck avenging Spearow :P

oh snap
its because i said "good" pokemon isnt it

anyway so i get those two pokemon, but before that do i get to keep my starter or do i have to release it. if you dont have to to than you choose if i do or not

I'd like to try the Scramble Challenge. Plz give me some good pokemon. It's on my Firered
Your starter is Charmander. It may only evolve into Charmeleon if it solos Brock and Misty. It may evolve into Charizard if it solos the Champion. It may not learn any Fire type moves. Good luck :P

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Woo noSTAB Charmander!
Dominic - You get a Weezing that can only learn Physical attacks (Hidden Power is alloewd if its type is Physical). To evolve it must solo Koga.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Doominic, I give you an Abra. It can evolve, but it must keep teleport, and can only know one attack of each type, which means that it can not know any offensive Psychic moves. If, however, it has Hidden Power Psychic, it must learn and keep Hidden Power, and only learn Psychic type moves. Its level must always be the highest in your party, unless it has Hidden Power Psychic, in which case it must be the lowest. Regardless of Hidden Power, it must solo Sabrina to become an Alakazam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)