Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Aww, I'm too late to give out a Scramblemon for this D:

No items (except the held item), with 1 in game hour to raise your Zigzagoon, to something under level 15, to solo an E4 member?
I'm pretty sure this would be completely impossible even with a Quick Claw and RNG abuse... though I suppose it depends on how the E4 AI works. If we assume that moves are selected at random, it might theoretically be able to happen. If not, you're screwed on all of them:

Sidney: Shiftry knows Fake Out, which AI tends to use first turn. Instant KO and Quick Claw won't save you.

Phoebe: Probably your best shot, assuming you even have enough move to hit her Pokémon with. You'd need a very precise order of events, which I really doubt would happen if the E4 AI is more advanced than random moves:
Dusclops 1: Shadow Punch or Confuse Ray repeatedly, avoid confusion damage every time.
Banette 1: Shadow Ball or Will-o-Wisp miss repeatedly. Even Spite fucks you over since you need all your PP.
Banette 2: Shadow Ball or Skill Swap repeatedly.
Sableye: Shadow Ball or Attract repeatedly.
Dusclops 2: Shadow Ball or Confuse Ray repeatedly, avoid confusion damage every time.

Always assuming, of course, that you get critical hits often enough to avoid running out of PP entirely.

Glacia: Hail will be set up. If you even make it to Walrein, it'll have a perfect accuracy Blizzard waiting for you.

Drake: Salamence knows four attacking moves, all with perfect accuracy. Same for Flygon 2 if you don't count Sandstorm.

Unless of course, the whole point of the challange was to be literally impossible... then this entire post is a little pointless. :p

Yeah, entirely impossible was the point. I really wanted the challenge to just screw him over right at the end, like with Asuka's Struggle E4 solo restriction.

In essence, i didn't feel like typing out the entire journey, so i just took one battle, said "forget zigzagoon until that battle", and made it as ridiculously hard as possible.

I do agree Phoebe is the best part of the E4 to do this against. She's got moves that don't affect you, and Zigzagoon can hit her with its non-normal moves. With a bit of luck (and making sure the gender is correct to avoid Attract), it is possible.

The point of the challenge, however, was to abuse Random's resriction. Random specifially said "at no point are you allowed to soft reset". This was the point of Valziente's challenge. It's designed to be impossible on the first go, and hence you'd need to be really lucky to be able to pull it off.

I would like to point out, though that the challenge is POSSIBLE. Just solo the first of Phoebe's pokemon (Dusclops, i think). Valziente will instantly level up a LOT, due to the massive amount of EXP it'll gain from that battle, so you'll have a much easier time on the next pokemon (you're only required to go in at level 15, you can come out at whatever level the battle leaves you at). This means that after Dusclops you'll probably be at like level 25 or something, maybe even learn a few new moves in the meantime to replace moves that are already low on PP.

IMPORTANT STUFF BELOW:

Also, it's pronounced "VAL-zee-ong", with the last part...if you know the Zeong from Gundam, sorta like that. If the solo is beaten (and thus the game beaten), change it's name to Zion, which is sort of like a nickname (that's a lot easier to say and spell!).

You may use Ethers and Elixirs during the solo with Valziente, but only if Valziente is NOT in red health. Of course, that's assuming you have Ethers and Elixirs in the first place.

Haha... I actually kinda forgot the whole "defeating Pokémon gives you EXP" thing. >______>

That and access to Ethers/Elixirs makes the challange a thousand times easier. Still ridiculous, but as you say, possible. I think. XD

*edits in Valziente to his signature under Sadistic Challenges*

Yeah, i think Valziente trumps Whomp. Not too sure about trumping Asuka (aka Struggle Bird), though. I mean, Struggle solo? That's insane.

Honestly, of the 4 pokemon under Sadistic Challenges, i would say take Vanguard if you get given it, but i wouldn't think any less of anyone who rejected Whomp, Asuka or Valziente. Those three are really pushing the limits, even for me.

One of these days, i think the Scramble Community will try to get their revenge on me for this. Makes me not want to accept a Scramble any time soon... lol

And yeah, i kinda figured people would be shocked at the level 15 solo requirements. I thought people would forget about the whole "leveling up during a battle" concept, so i had to restate it in my last post. The challenge is entirely possible.

However, using Ethers and Elixirs was allowed because the challenge is still just as hard. To make it work, you have to basically give Phoebe (or whoever you're doing this against) a free turn to attack Valziente. That could be a OHKO with the right move.

I have made my decision! I am going to do a Red Version "Solo Frenzy"!

The Rules
  1. Difficulty: Hard, but still doable without RNG abuse
  2. The minimum amount of required Soloes is 2.
  3. Minimal Drudgery
  4. I can Trade, so anything goes in terms of Pokes to reserve.
  5. Don't submit Mons that are clearly/borderline impossible.
  6. Starters are not needed.
  7. I am willing to Solo the Birds, but not Mewtwo.
  8. You may submit duplicates.
List of Accepted Pokemon

List of Rejected Pokemon
nope.avi

List of Taken Soloes
Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Cinnabar Gym, Viridian Gym, Lorelei, Lance, all of the Birds, 2 Bird Keepers, all Beauties, 5 random Trainer-owned Pokemon, 10 Trainers.

Naix, you'll get one from me. Don't worry, it won't be Vanguard/Whomp/Asuka/Valziente level. Just normal level.

Reserving Charmander

Maix, take Ystra the Charmander. Ystra has one slight issue. It hates heights. It just can't stand them. I mean, what if it falls? What if it's wings fail? What if...

...what if it stays a Charmeleon?! Then it never has to fly! Yay! (i.e. no Charizard for you!)

Ystra also doesn't really like to be too risky. Attacking up close isn't for it, so it can only use Scratch and any long range moves it has (Scratch because otherwise it would be impossible). Long range is defined as anyting that can be used from a distance if it were applicable in real life; Flamethrower and Ember are long-range, while things like Dragon Claw and Bite aren't.

Just to prove that even with it's fear of heights and refusal to fight up close it's not useless, solo Brock and Misty, maximum of 5 items per leader to be used.

And then solo Moltres, since it's basically the opposite of Ystra: a fire type that flies. Get rid of it.

Solos reserved: Brock, Misty.
Pokemon Solos reserved: Moltres

I'm glad that Treadshot backed off on this one, because I was about to make a post about how these next-to-impossible challanges had to stop. I get that sometimes it's fun to just dump on someone and give them something extremely hard. But you have to give them COUNTERPLAY. You have to give them some way to do the damn challange. The no items Bertha Struggle Solo and Lvl 15 No Items Zigzagoon E4 solo are perfect examples of what's wrong with many of the challanges being posted in the thread right now.

I don't mind extremely hard challanges when the person is asking for hard. But it's not fun for anyone to play a scramble where there is NOTHING THEY CAN DO except pray that the RNG doesn't screw them. Please, give people doable challanges.

Oh, and everyone needs to nominate here so we can actually have Scramble Awards. Thanks.

Naix, you'll get one from me. Don't worry, it won't be Vanguard/Whomp/Asuka/Valziente level. Just normal level.

Reserving Charmander

Maix, take Ystra the Charmander. Ystra has one slight issue. It hates heights. It just can't stand them. I mean, what if it falls? What if it's wings fail? What if...

...what if it stays a Charmeleon?! Then it never has to fly! Yay! (i.e. no Charizard for you!)

Ystra also doesn't really like to be too risky. Attacking up close isn't for it, so it can only use Scratch and any long range moves it has (Scratch because otherwise it would be impossible). Long range is defined as anyting that can be used from a distance if it were applicable in real life; Flamethrower and Ember are long-range, while things like Dragon Claw and Bite aren't.

Just to prove that even with it's fear of heights and refusal to fight up close it's not useless, solo Brock and Misty, maximum of 5 items per leader to be used.

And then solo Moltres, since it's basically the opposite of Ystra: a fire type that flies. Get rid of it.

Solos reserved: Brock, Misty.
Pokemon Solos reserved: Moltres
Hmm... Hard, Soloes 3 major battles, Treadshot... I'm somewhat hesitant because I have to Solo Misty and Moltres and because it'll never be a Charizard, but I'll accept this challange anyway.

Yay! Ystra got accepted!

And Shinyskarm, the two challenges you referred to (Asuka and Valziente) were asked for as being hard and "suicidal" respectively, so i obliged. Hell, QUARZ even PM'd me for the occasion, so Valziente coudn't disappoint.

And as you can see, Valziente is doable. I'd argue Asuka is harder (Struggle Bird...that's just stupid).

EDIT: Nominated as per Shinyskarm begging us to. It's so hard to choose who i like best...(let's face it, it is a popularity contest in the end)

*ducks rotten Cheri Berries*

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Reserving for Naix

Naix, take Nasty the Zubat. Nasty is rather nasty. He likes to confound his enemies and then drain their health while they're down. For this reason, he must have a confusion-inducing move and a draining move at all times. He cannot use any other moves, and he must use these two moves to solo Erika. However, Nasty isn't that great of a flier. He cannot evolve until he gains better aerial abilities by learning Wing Attack. After evolving, he must solo two Bird Keepers with only Wing Attack, to prove his abilities in the air. His last move is... particularly nasty. Use a random number generator to determine his final move. Tell us what it is, by the way.
1. Bide - to send his opponent's attacks right back at them
2. Hyper Beam - to blast his foes into oblivion
3. Mimic - to use his opponent's move as his own
4. Swift - to always hit his opponents, regardless of their efforts to evade
5. Toxic - to slowly but surely kill off his opponents
When he finally learns his final move, he discovers somebody even nastier than himself - Giovanni! He must solo the entire 8th gym with no items, to prove that he's nastier than all of the nastiness thrown at him.

i meant Valzentie does not have to use struggle to solo an elite four member.
Anyways i still need a starter.
Defeatist was traumatized as a child by poachers. They came to his cave, and captured all his friends/family. He got zapped by a Jolteon, and he's been a bit odd since. If he is almost dead(red) he instinctively protectspams. If he is weak(Yellow, he flashes between traumatized, and normal. If he is strong(green), He is mostly fine, even numbers set him off though.

I reserved a starter, i'll do it it once I eat something

Take Defeatist the Mudkip

-Solo all Gym Leaders with a SE type to Water or Ground
-Solo all Gym Leaders that Water or Ground is SE to
-Roxanne, Wattson, Flannery, Wallace, Glacia
-If any solo conflicts, solo with Defeatist, soft reset(trollolol), solo with other pokemon
-Don't trash items for solo soft resetting
-Solo Roxanne to evolve to Marshtomp
-Solo Wattson to evolve to Swampert
-Mudkip has 2 Moveslots, Marshtomp, has 3, Swampert 4
-If hp is red, can only use protect
-If hp is even and yellow, can only use protect
-if hp is yellow, must protect every other turn
-If hp is odd and green, can only use protect
-If Defeatist is defeated, can not use items for 5 Ingame hours
-Must solo all Grass type pokemon, barring other solo'es
-If misses one because of a solo, defeat the next 5 Pokemon
-Once you get Swampert, moveset must be
-If you run out of PP for protect, must struggle if no moves left, switch out if otherwise
-Max level is dependent on Gym Badges
-0 10, 1 15, 2 20, 3 23, 4 26, 5 28, 6&7 40, 8 100
-If Defeatist get's to that level, can't battle until the gym match

-Special Move
-Physical Move
-Non-Attacking, besides protect
-Protect

Moves are Prioritized like so

to use move 3, must use move 1 and 2

Move 1 is a Special Move

To choose move 2 select 1 spoiler

Physical

Non-attacking

Protect

To choose move 3 choose a spoiler, if you get the same one, choose another

Non-Attacking

Protect

Physical

To choose move 4 choose a spoiler, If you get the same one, choose another

Physical

Non-attacking

Protect

I'll add a backstory in a moment

Reserving for Naix's Red scramble.

Edit: Naix, take an Clefairy called Shopper.

Shopper is obsessed with Poké Marts, especially the Department Store in Celadon. She's constantly dragging you off to buy things - whenever you enter a populated area with a Poké Mart while Shopper is in the party, you must buy an item(s) for her. At first, she'll buy any old item, but as she grows in strength, her tastes grow more expensive. Add up the BP of each of her moves and multiply by ten. The item(s) you buy must cost at least this much.

Shopper is definitely one to keep up with the trends - as soon as possible, all of her moves must be taught by TMs or HMs. Furthermore, while she'll refuse to use the Moon Stones you find lying around, after you've visited Celadon Department Store you can trick her into believing you bought one and she'll agree to use it.

Now, time for the part you've been waiting for. Solos.

1. All Beauty trainers - consider it fighting over a bargain in a sale. They look like
in the overworld.
2. Sabrina
3. Lorelei

Reserving for Naix

Naix, take Nasty the Zubat. Nasty is rather nasty. He likes to confound his enemies and then drain their health while they're down. For this reason, he must have a confusion-inducing move and a draining move at all times. He cannot use any other moves, and he must use these two moves to solo Erika. However, Nasty isn't that great of a flier. He cannot evolve until he gains better aerial abilities by learning Wing Attack. After evolving, he must solo two Bird Keepers with only Wing Attack, to prove his abilities in the air. His last move is... particularly nasty. Use a random number generator to determine his final move. Tell us what it is, by the way.
1. Bide - to send his opponent's attacks right back at them
2. Hyper Beam - to blast his foes into oblivion
3. Mimic - to use his opponent's move as his own
4. Swift - to always hit his opponents, regardless of their efforts to evade
5. Toxic - to slowly but surely kill off his opponents
When he finally learns his final move, he discovers somebody even nastier than himself - Giovanni! He must solo the entire 8th gym with no items, to prove that he's nastier than all of the nastiness thrown at him.
Accepted. Because Nasty only needs to Solo 2 Major battles, I'm going to have it Solo Koga as well. By the way, the move I got is Bide...

@Treadshot A1:
After running some calcs, I've decided that I'll have to reject Ystra. In the calcs, BubbleBeam followed by Water Gun was a guaranteed 2hko on a Level 25 Charmeleon. Ystra has no way to outspeed it, and it fails to even 5hko Starmie. When one remembers that there are NO X items, the only ways that Ystra could Solo Misty would be if I grinded it to a really high level (like 35), or hope that Staryu and Starmie spam Tackle while I hope to go on a snowball sweep with Rage. Both of these scenarios violate my first rule (Hard, but doable without excessive grinding or RNG abuse). I'm sorry, I can't accept Ystra with these circumstances.
EDIT: Screw it, I'm accepting Ystra anyway.

You know what would REALLY be insane? Soloing each and every member of the Unova Pokémon League, in Round 2, including Champion Alder, with a different Level 2 Pokémon, listed as follows:
Marshal with Espeon, Caitlin with Absol, Grimsley with Croagunk, Shauntal with Lillipup, Alder with Geodude.

Provided they have the correct abilities, held items, and moves, and you have an unlimited supply of in-battle items, such as Potion and the X items, and also provided for RNG abuse, including AI behavior, these may be doable, at least TAS-able.

Hi guys:

So I finished my HG Nuzlocke, and I must say that 6 Pokemon really do suck. You have to grind them all. So, I'll be accepting an HeartGold Scramble.

So what's the catch? Well, I want to make it impossible, but not impossible to grind. Therefore, I'll be using my UberKle the Shuckle, Its_A_Random's IH8IAR the Ditto, and two other Pokemon.

I will be accepting many challanges, and I'll pick the best of 8. You have until Monday when I get back from school.

Bracket:

So I will put 1v8, 2v7, and so on. I will flip a coin, and the two that survive to the finals get put on my team.

Rules:
Difficulty: IMPOSSIBLE
Starter: I might use one.
4 Pokemon
No drudgery. A Pidgey that has to solo 25 Electric-type Pokemon to evolve is OK, but not a Pidgey that has to solo 150 Caterpie to evolve.
Creativity: MAX
You have until 4 PM Pacific Time (GM -8) on Monday, May 7th.

EDIT: I can't trade.
Still need more challanges.

</Begin shameless advertisement for #Scramble

End shameless advertisement for #Scramble/>

@AOPS

Defeatist was traumatized as a child by poachers. They came to his cave, and captured all his friends/family. He got zapped by a Jolteon, and he's been a bit odd since. If he is almost dead(red) he instinctively protectspams. If he is weak(Yellow, he flashes between traumatized, and normal. If he is strong(green), He is mostly fine, even numbers set him off though.

I reserved a starter, i'll do it it once I eat something

Take Defeatist the Totodile, who thinks he is a Mudkip

-Solo all Gym Leaders with a SE type to Water or Ground
-Solo all Gym Leaders that Water or Ground is SE to
-Plus, Bugsy, Morty, and Jasmine
-Learn Protect ASAP
-If any solo conflicts, solo with Defeatist, solo with other pokemon
-Totodile has 2 Moveslots, Second evo, has 3, Feraligator 4
-If hp is red, can only use protect
-If hp is even and yellow, can only use protect
-if hp is yellow, must protect every other turn
-If hp is odd and green, can only use protect
-If Defeatist is defeated, can not use items for 5 Ingame hours
-Must solo all Grass type pokemon, barring other solo'es
-If misses one because of a solo, defeat the next 5 Pokemon
-If you run out of PP for protect, must struggle if no moves left, switch out if otherwise
-Max level is dependent on Gym Badges
-0 10, 1 15, 2 20, 3 23, 4 26, 5 28, 6&7 40, 8 100
-If Defeatist get's to that level, can't battle until the gym match
-Once you get Feraligater, moveset must be

-Special Move
-Physical Move
-Non-Attacking, besides protect
-Protect

Moves are Prioritized like so

to use move 3, must use move 1 and 2

Move 1 is a Special Move

To choose move 2 select 1 spoiler

Physical

Non-attacking

Protect

To choose move 3 choose a spoiler, if you get the same one, choose another

Non-Attacking

Protect

Physical

To choose move 4 choose a spoiler, If you get the same one, choose another

Physical

Non-attacking

Protect

I must be nuts to take an insanely hard anything from this thread. >_> Hmm, should I start taking reservations for my Platinum now? And I want sadistic, but not absolutely frigging impossible. :L I'll decide if I want to begin now, and if so, I'll put a rule list and stuff on another post.

EDIT: Lol, I sound like a broken record. <~<

Hmm, I am probably going to regret this greatly, but I wanna see what Treadshot will give me. Wanna see what Tetrinity, KS, and Skarm will give me too. :0 Then there are two spaces left. I'm not on my computer, so I can't really post up my rules and whatever, but I think I'll start taking reservations for my Platinum Scramble now. You all can think of some hard, sadistic Challanges for me, but please don't make it absolutely impossible. D: I want to rage quit, I don't want to smash my DS into thousands of pieces. O.o

Hmm, I am probably going to regret this greatly, but I wanna see what Treadshot will give me. Wanna see what Tetrinity, KS, and Skarm will give me too. :0 Then there are two spaces left. I'm not on my computer, so I can't really post up my rules and whatever, but I think I'll start taking reservations for my Platinum Scramble now. You all can think of some hard, sadistic Challanges for me, but please don't make it absolutely impossible. D: I want to rage quit, I don't want to smash my DS into thousands of pieces. O.o
Reserving a starter

Awesome. Reserving a Drifloon. :)

Edit: Alright, Stall. Most people make their Scramblemons sadistic by forcing an extremely tough solo, making them use pathetic movesets, or what-have-you. Not this time. Your Pokémon won't be too badly restricted at all, in fact.

Take a Drifloon called Pop!.

Once upon a time, the Valley Windworks was a prosperous place, fields of Drifloon as far as the eye could see. Then one day, a nasty accident happened involving the wind turbines, and the area was declared off-limits. The Drifloon were all moved away, with only a brave few staying behind. Against orders, it should be said.

Pop! is one of those Drifloon who stayed behind. Unfortunately, he's now regreting his decision. He's terrified that the same grisly fate will happen to him, and resolves to stay firmly planted on the ground. He decides to place trust in a trainer who happens across him one Friday afternoon, hoping the trainer will be able to hold onto him and prevent him drifting away into the turbines.

Now, here's the crux of the issue. Since you're constantly holding on to Pop! with one of your (presumably) two hands, he must always be either first or second in your list of Pokémon. If this isn't the case, he'll drift away, never to be seen again... Pop! must be released/perma-boxed and you must catch another. This restriction does not apply if you are not outdoors, for obvious reasons.

What this essentially amounts to is, if Pop! is the active Pokémon and you're outdoors, you can only switch him out with the second Pokémon in your list. If that Pokémon is fainted... tough luck. Also, be sure to only have one Pokémon with you when you catch him, otherwise you won't have a spare hand to grab onto him in the first place.

Assuming you keep good hold of Pop!, he'll prove a faithful companion to you. Of course, since you're holding onto him so tightly while outside, he's a tad limited - when you are outside, Pop! can only use moves with 60BP or less, and cannot use Flying-type moves. And since he's stuck firmly on the ground, Pop! may not battle Flying-type Pokémon.

After Pop! evolves, he becomes a little more confident in himself, and is comfortable with one of your Pokémon holding onto him instead. As a Drifblim, Pop! is permitted to reside in the third slot of your list while outdoors, but only if a Pokémon in slots one or two has an arm and isn't fainted. A Pokémon holding onto Pop! cannot use STAB moves.

Once you reach the Elite Four, Pop! starts feeling a little guilty. You've been faithfully holding onto him the entire time, and he feels he's caused nothing but worry. Pop! must therefore solo any E4 member to make it up to you and prove he's not deadweight. Note that you can't pick Sidney, as he has two Flying-type Pokémon.

Finally, if Pop! ever uses Explosion... I don't think you need me to tell you what happens.

I think I'm going to need a summary for this one:

Pop! the Drifloon
- While outdoors, must always be first or second in the party list. If this is ever not the case, Pop! drifts away (must be released or permanently boxed) and you must catch another Drifloon.
- While outdoors, can only use moves with 60BP or less, and cannot use Flying-type moves.
- Refuses to battle Flying-type Pokémon.
- As a Drifblim, may be in the third slot in the party list while outdoors, but only if the Pokémon in the first or second slot has arms and isn't fainted. If the active Pokémon has to hold Pop! (due to the second party slot having no arms or being fainted), it cannot use STAB.
- Must solo one of Bertha, Flint or Lucian.
- Permanently dies if he uses Explosion.

Don't let your friend drift away...

Reserving.

EDIT: You get A1 Inc. the Pachirisu.

This Pachirisu is the Vice President of A1 Incorporated, forcing trainers to use its own species in Scrambles. However, Treadshot A1 decided to let someone have this guy. As a result, Pachirisu may only use Electric-type attacks. It must also always hold an item. Also, said item may not benefit Pachirisu in any way, shape, or form. Also, his CEO is TreadA1, your rival. Therefore, you must name your rival TreadA1, and Pachirisu must solo him every time. It must also solo Elite Four Bertha, or 3 Gym Leaders of your choice.

GLHF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)