VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry 'bout that misconception then. Blitzn, make sure they know how to use the teams! It's annoying to see people who say their friends gave them a team, and the team is decent, but they have little to no experience using it. Played a person like that at RI
That happened at RI with my friend who decided to go the day before and hadn't played Pokemon since Pokemon Platinum...won twice though XD

Okay, who here wants to be my hero?

Basically, I'm looking for someone to give me a ride to Philly. I live in Pittsburgh (actually in Oakland at the University of Pittsburgh) and got kinda screwed by circumstance, but if someone were to give me a ride, I could make an appearance at a regional.

I need:
1. A ride
2. A place to stay OR someone to book a hotel room for me. You have to be 21 or over to book, and I'm only 19.
3. I need to be picked up in the afternoon of 4/14 and no earlier. I have a conference that day that made it so difficult for me in the first place.
4. I need to be back by 4/16 at 1 pm, but I doubt that's going to be a problem.

What I can offer:
1. I'd be willing to pay the cost of gas.
2. If you book the room for me, I'll pay for it. If I'm staying with someone, I'll compensate them for at least my share of the room, probably with a bit more as a way of saying thanks.
3. I'll RNG anything you need, just don't ask for shiny legendaries since I can't be arsed to RNG my ID/SID.

Damn I want this thing to just happen already! I don't even have much work left to do on the actual team meeeeeeehhhhh, be April 15 already!

I already got my team ev'd today and now I realized I have a whole month left of staring at them in a box never to be touched till regionals. At least this makes me test it out at the wifi tourney.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you've already got them caught/bred, then nothing to worry about. I EV'd my entire Worlds team in about three hours while my friend was driving on the way to San Diego last year.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pah. What is this readiness you speak of? You're not doing it right unless you're working out spreads on the train there or the night before. I sorted my last couple on the way to Birmingham earlier this month, much to the confusion of the woman sat next to me, who didn't seem to understand what was going on.

I did get Worlds mons ready in advance though. So, if you have time, just get it done. It's not like they made EV training hard in BW is it...

Just out of curiosity, at Nationals will there be extra rounds because of more people participating? And about how many.
Isn't Nationals 7 Rounds on the first day, then Top 16 each division get to play second day? I won't be at my first til this upcoming summer but this is what it seems like from all der warstories. I don't really expect extra rounds, except second day COULD be Top 32 if enough people show up.

Depends on the number of people. We'll keep playing till theres only 1 person undefeated. So err thats what math is for. No one can determine the amt yet. Nats might not have a super big turnout as people are expecting, or it might.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Depends on the number of people. We'll keep playing till theres only 1 person undefeated. So err thats what math is for. No one can determine the amt yet. Nats might not have a super big turnout as people are expecting, or it might.
2^n >= people where n is the number of rounds. Make that as small as possible and you get your answer.

The last few years Nationals has been ~70 people so 2^7 = 128 > 70 which means 7 rounds.

2^n >= people where n is the number of rounds. Make that as small as possible and you get your answer.

The last few years Nationals has been ~70 people so 2^7 = 128 > 70 which means 7 rounds.
This. Im guessing there will be between 256-512 players in Nats this year (for masters at least), judging by the number of people in the LCQ the last few years, and thus there will be 9 rounds of swiss. The top cut this year is percentage based instead of a fixed number as it has been in years past, so the number of people making day 2 will depend on the number of players participating on day 1.

No team or deck yet. Halp.
I'll be glad to do an RMT if you need one man. Specific team ideas are more of what you want to do, but Goodstuff is getting soooo repetitive these days. Can't say much about the cards.... have many Mewtwo EXs? It would be bad if you had to choose between the cards and the game like at RI

I'll be glad to do an RMT if you need one man. Specific team ideas are more of what you want to do, but Goodstuff is getting soooo repetitive these days. Can't say much about the cards.... have many Mewtwo EXs? It would be bad if you had to choose between the cards and the game like at RI
:evan: Couldn't resist :p.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Glad to see you've taken my tips on leaving it late Cybertron. A month is a good while to sort something though. Why not take the good team for yourself this time, or just use babbytrons, considering he always outshines you...

well 35 days is a long time, I can usually breed and raise a whole team in 5 days, then again thinking of a good strategy is another thing.

I currently have like 30 pokemon, I just need to think of how to use them, and so far I got nothing.

As is the same with everyone else, I still need to finalize my team. I have a couple locks, but a few slots are pretty open. Need some advice (not from anybody going to this event though) and to do some more testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)