VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'll be flying solo at this event. My cousin, who was going to be competing in Juniors, isn't going to be able to make it.

Looking forward to meeting some Smogonites in person.

32 Smogon Masters + some good players I know off smogon + some decent randoms(if they exist).

Holy crap this is gonna be intense.

32 Smogon Masters + some good players I know off smogon + some decent randoms(if they exist).

Holy crap this is gonna be intense.
They totally exist. It seems like randoms took most of the spots at VA when I went, and I hear it's been the same for other regionals. I'm honestly more worried about randoms than smogoners if only because they're so unpredictable.

They totally exist. It seems like randoms took most of the spots at VA when I went, and I hear it's been the same for other regionals. I'm honestly more worried about randoms than smogoners if only because they're so unpredictable.
The random who won VA Masters wasn't actually so random, he apparently mad Nats in '11.

and also, hardly anybody was using a really truly great team during Fall Regionals so randoms teams shouldn't be quite as good compared to the normal and should be able to be handled better now by normal teams.

Man, random teams and people can be some of the most likely to win. *points to self* Their strategies are far harder to prepare against, and it's not hard for a good player to devise the sets of Goodstuff/Rain these days. Someone at UK Nats Semifinals had an Audino and a Magmortar, if I am correct?

Doesn't mean he ever used them. Lots of people bring two pokemon in the back to have the other player think twice about that to send out when really they use the same four over and over.
I saw a battle with those 2 as lead on youtube, the Audino lived a Htop's Close Combat at one point

Im not 100% certain yet, but I will be planning on showing up to pick up some good battles to start off my Spring Break :D I will be bringing my Asian apprentice DaBomb/Clark with me who I took to Rhode Island (and used Tailwind against Cybertrons Hailroom team -_-) along with 3 of my other friends, who last year got knocked out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds with random teams with no real stradegies. I will be making teams for all of them, so get ready for some competition those heading for seniors! >:D (one of them is technically supposed to be Masters, but screw it, noone will know >_>).

Oh sorry 'bout that misconception then. Blitzn, make sure they know how to use the teams! It's annoying to see people who say their friends gave them a team, and the team is decent, but they have little to no experience using it. Played a person like that at RI

Oh sorry 'bout that misconception then. Blitzn, make sure they know how to use the teams! It's annoying to see people who say their friends gave them a team, and the team is decent, but they have little to no experience using it. Played a person like that at RI
Psh! I gave a team to my friend last year and he didn't even practice with it and ended up getting top 4 at newark.

sometimes luck and good match-ups are all you need :D

So I might or might not be going to this but there is a pretty good chance that my dad will be able to make it! ZHENG you're supplying me with mons right xD

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i dont know if i want to go because pokemon is boring and its far away and i have no car so if anyone is near northern virginia and cant deicde on going or not and have a car i will give you food and pokemon aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:[

Is anybody else from Philly taking public transit down to the Convention Center?

I'm asking because my cousin isn't going, so I'm most likely going by myself and it'd be nice to have some company on the way to the event.

It's not a necessity, as I am going regardless, but I was just curious.

I wonder if people will pay much attention to this whilst it is going on like the Europe Nats.... Well we don't have single elimination that will take a bit away from the intensity. Swiss is soooooo much better though, if someone gets haxed later on they can still pull T4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)