What do you keep in your pockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cell phone, current work schedule on one piece of lined paper, wallet (preferably containing a plethora of u.s. federal reserve notes), house key, pen, and towel. daddy always said i should carry tissues with me but that seems kind of inconvenient :/ , carrying a handkerchief would be kind of badass i guess. i feel like i should throw swiss army knife in there but i don't carry it around with me... towel suffices

I normally have a bag but I carry lots in my pockets.

Typically, it's the following.
Right pocket:
- Wallet
- Ventolin inhaler if I'm taking it with me.
Left pocket:
- Phone
- Box of mints
- Keyring, with keys to my office from last year and my house.
Shirt pocket:
- Three pens.
- Earphones for my phone/mp3 player, usually resting in here while the wire is strung up over my collar and down under my shirt to my pocket.
- My watch, if I'm not wearing it.
- Any paper notes to myself or paper timetable I keep on me.

I have never stored anything in my bra, either.

Left pocket: cell phone
Right pocket: keys
right back pocket: wallet

either left or right pocket, variably: black 0.5 G2 pen

in general skinny jeans can't carry much shit but during school hours it's something like this

right-back: wallet
left-back: phone
front-right: carmex, 0.3 drafting pencil. seriously, this was the best expense of $6 of my life. awesome lip balm. awesome pencil.
front-left: usually my zune, though it's awol at the moment

if we went into backpacks, though, this would take six hours to inventory hahaha i carry so much random shit in my rucksack

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
iPhone, wallet, keys. This seems like yet another thread where no one but the poster of each individual post will care about its content (see username thread, avatar thread, cursing thread)

Whenever I go out to see a movie or whatever, or go to school, I always bring my phone and wallet with me. Phone always goes in the left pocket, wallet in right. I sometimes bring my DSi if I know I'll be playing it at some point. I possess an iPod, but don't really use it.

usually my phone is always in my right pocket, at school i keep my ipod and wallet in my bag. when i go out i usually wear a pair of jeans with deep pockets that my wallet fits in. wallet in left pocket, phone in right, ipod in right if i feel like it

for all the people who carry pens, what do you use them for? i find it sort of strange, especially if you're just going out for lunch or something

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i find it odd you give a shit what kind of pen you write with personally

Thorns, I'm constantly writing down ideas (it's my job actually). I use a notepad a month, on average (I think, I'm not actually keeping track).

Chris, I don't care if I'm using a normal gel pen, but this one has a particularly smooth and elegant writing, and the point is 1mm which isn't that common.

I always have my wallet, phone, keys, and change for obvious reasons, but I do always keep my Swiss Army Knife handy on me because whenever I'm bored i flick out the screwdriver/bottleopener half-way and put my thumb in the bottle opener part. Whenever I'm going to class I always put my calculator, pencils and pens in my pocket and I sometimes forget and accidentally poke myself in the kidney with my pencil (oddly I don't have that problem with pens).

I wonder how can people can carry their DS in their pockets. To me it feels unnatural and bulky. Also, I'm a bit paranoid that the hinge will snap off as it has a crack slowly creeping across.

for all the people who carry pens, what do you use them for? i find it sort of strange, especially if you're just going out for lunch or something
I mostly go out to go to university, and it's a pain having to open my bag to get pens whenever I want to jot something down quickly. Also, in first year, a law class colleague said he thought it was because science students needed easy access to pens in case of emergency, so we could snap it out and say "Don't worry, I'm prepared!"

I liked that idea, so I kept doing it. Now, I've got so used to having them that I find it immensely frustrating when I don't have them and need a pen, only to snatch my hand to my pocket and find it empty.

Also, it's part of the defining aspect of my appearance among many these days, so they like to see me wear them.

I usually just chuck my phone in my wallet in seperate pockets. If ive got a bag on me ive usually got all sorts of random shit in there.

I'll check right now!

Lighter, phone, wallet, keys, iPod... standard really. I did have a half full RedBull can in there earlier when I got on the bus, but I forgot about it when I sat down and it spilt inside my jacket :(

I don't understand how people keep things in their back pockets. Concave asses?
I'd spend 10 minutes trying to shove something into my purse/front pockets before just giving up.

I generally only use my coat pockets. In them, I keep:
  • Keys
  • Railcard
  • Phone
  • Money (it tends to build up; a couple of weeks ago, I emptied them out and found about £40)
  • Chocolate (same as above, except I eat it so it doesn't build up so much
  • Unless I'm going to school, usually my DS lite
  • Very occasionally, my MP3 player
I think that's it.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i do the 3 tap touch (keys wallet phone) then i'm good to go. usually i will also have a lighter, mp3 player and cigarettes too. if i am wearing a bag i usually take my laptop too because i am a massive geek

I have never stored anything in my bra. Is that weird?
even i have stored things in my bra!

I don't like having things in my pockets. It's just really uncomfortable, so I usually take them out at the first chance I get. I keep my wallet in my backpack. The only things I ever keep in my pockets are:
right pocket: key, ID card
left pocket: cell phone (sometimes)
sometimes I will also keep a pen in my right pocket between classes.

These are the pens I use (Bic soft feel). I liked them so much I bought them in bulk and will probably have enough for 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)