Your most Memorable moment from Gold/Silver

The Battle Tower putting the fear of God into my young heart. I remember beating the E4, feeling all badass. . . Hey! A Battle Tower! Pssh, I'll pwn these noobs. 10 minutes later my Alakazam was locked in a battle with a level 90 Blissey. I spent all the PP of Psychic and the elemental punches before I Struggled to death.

My most memorable moment in Pokemon Gold was when I was fighting the Elite Four. It was epic, every fight was epic. I remember it to this day.

My most memorable moment was exploring the Ruins of Alph, and solving all the puzzles. I was so intrigued by that place. Oh, and suffering extreme frustration trying to beat Bugsy, because I picked Chikorita... Stupid Scyther...

I have so many good memories for Generation II. Too many to actually write down. It was a really good Gen! I mean 100 new pokemon! Stuff like that hadn't even been heard of before.

I remember I was on holiday to Greece and I found a gem of a find. I found a bootlegged, partly translated copy of Pokemon Gold. It wasn't even out in the UK yet! I spent most of the time trying to work out what moves were, but it was great. Just seeing the update graphics in battle was amazing! I still think Gen II had some of the best sprites in most pokemon games!

I got stuck on the rival battle, the one after the Azalea Gym. He kept beating my Waninoko with his Bayleaf's over-powered Razor Leaf! It took me a while to realize, I need a new strategy. I eventually managed to defeat it with my Spear (Beedrill in English) and my Waninoko.

I later got a full English Silver Version. It was a good and welcoming sight to see that damn cow finally faint! Also when the player and Lance attack the Rocket HQ, I decided to catch all three Electrodes! Another good moment was when I found out the game was longer and I could actually go to Kanto! I don't think I have spent so much time on any other game.

favorite moment was when my meganium was fighting karen and one of her pokemon used confuse ray on it. for the 5 full turns i was never confused (2^5=1/32 chance) and my best friend (we were 8) commenting about how well i trained it =P still, i hold the chikorita evolution line close because i figured out a toxic stall strategy that worked wonders

It's pretty hard to think of one exact favorite moment for me just because I liked the games so much I can't really remember any specific ones. However, if I had to choose one it would probably be when I used Ampharos (In my first time playing through Silver) and it helped me take down the whole elite four. I just loved it getting fire punch too and having it be a special move, that was pretty awesome too.

My favorite moment in Gold was when Whitney's haxtank destroyed me. I turned off the game and guess what I saw on the title screen a few minutes later.........(damn those dead internal batteries).

My favorite moment in Crystal was when my sister took out my catridge whileI was facing Clair. I was like "wtf was that for?"

But my most memorable moment was when I fought Ho-oh on the top of Tin Tower in Gold. I actually caught it with a Great Ball. Good times.......

DAAAYUUUUUUUUUUUM

reminds me of MY most memorable moment

i wasn't even playing

so i got my friend crystal for his birthday, and i watched him set his game up and everything. get the pokegear, get kicked by your rival, get your starter (think it was chikorita)

so he's all set and ready

goes out into the adjacent route and

the first pokemon he runs into is shiny hoothoot

needless to say

he was pissed

i was laughing my ass off

You stole my thunder! :\ The EXACT same thing happened to me. I received my Chikorita, went out to the route, before any opportunity to buy Pokeballs or anything, and BAM! A golden Hoothoot gets shoved in my face for the very first battle. I haven't played Gold Version since...

I was walking from the Lake of Rage just having caught my shiny Gyarados when I ran into a shiny Rattacate! ...but I was all out of Pokeballs! ;_;

And my siblings and I liked to restart the games without saving since we liked the beginnings of the games but didn't want to restart and on one of my sister's runs through my Gold she caught a shiny Caterpie and evolved it into a Butterfree...had a bit of trouble letting that one go...

I ran into a shiny Ponyta later on but everything in my party was too strong to catch it.

Nearly 400 hours in my Heart Gold game and not one shiny other than my Gyarados...

My most memorable moment was when I found a shiny Gravler but it used selfdestruct. God I kept beating my self up for not catching it,

My most memorable moment is exploring that route right after Violet city.
I caught Mareep and then Wooper, but i used Mareep to catch wooper.
Wooper used Water Gun

Me: AH! It's a water type!
Mareep: Used Thundershock......No Effect!
Me: WTF?

That was my favorite moment, the first ever Water/Ground

Near the start,when the red-head tells you their name it says: my name is ???

so when the cop asked me for his name, i answered: ???

My Red team standing against Lance in Stadium 2, I lead with Mewtwo, he leads with Tyranitar - I thought that Psychic will do good damage, only to find out that T-Tar is a dark type (to be fair, it was the first time I saw a Tyranitar). My other attacks (Flamethrower, Strength and Recover) seemed fairly useless there (I could tell it's a rock-type). And I beat Team Rocket with rentals after my R/B/Y team failed horribly against them.

There was this Nintendo tour that visited a mall in town way back when it was only Red and Blue. There were tables for the TCG,posters, a Mew giveaway machine that resembled an old cash register on a stand (the Mew OT was Japanese in English alph, a last name I think), and Boulder/Cascade Badge things on a "keychain"

So I had this Mew from the give away until I got Gold Version. I then got far enough to unlock the RBY transfer thing and started PC clone exploiting my Mew.

Seemed I was the only one in the neighborhood and school to be at a LEGIT 250 PokeDex where the bulk of those were trapped at 249.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)