Gen 5 Article Claims/Suggestions

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can I write a guide to IRC channels? Specifically, I want to make a compiled and updated list of all Smogon-operated channels with brief descriptions. It would give new users a way to quickly hop into whichever community they want to join, rather than sending them on a scavenger hunt through the forums to find stickies, haha. It shouldn't be an unbearably long article, so if I get this approved, I can just type it up in a jiffy.

EDIT:

HTML:
21:58    Nexus    you can keep the thread in articles if you want but I don't have to approve this
21:59    Birkal    alright, I'll just get it typed up then
21:59    Birkal    thankee!

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would I be able to write an article on offensive and defensive synergy as it applies to team building?

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can me, Mr.lol, and Superpimp work on a guide to priority and entry hazards in Ubers?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could I try it out then? I think it'd be a nice resource.
Go ahead, here's the format

Speed / Pokemon / Base Speed / Nature (+Spe, -Spe, or Neutral) / EV Investment / Boost

feel free to look at the other speed tiers for how it should be split and presented, UU likely has its own benchmarks you should be aware of for how to divide the Pokemon.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
There are two things that I would like doing. These are adding a guide explaining Speed creep, why we don't do it in analyses, but why you as an individual player should definitely consider adding extra evs, and also updating this to remove some the unnecessary calculations, and simply to give better advice. The second guide would hopefully link to the first.

I'm happy to write either or both of these guides, given that I'm fairly competent in this area, but they would probably be done faster if someone else did at least one of them. I must stress that they really need to think logically and be mathematically competent. I don't want any of the many raging misconceptions to appear in either of these guides.

There are two things that I would like doing. These are adding a guide explaining Speed creep, why we don't do it in analyses, but why you as an individual player should definitely consider adding extra evs, and also updating this to remove some the unnecessary calculations, and simply to give better advice. The second guide would hopefully link to the first.

I'm happy to write either or both of these guides, given that I'm fairly competent in this area, but they would probably be done faster if someone else did at least one of them. I must stress that they really need to think logically and be mathematically competent. I don't want any of the many raging misconceptions to appear in either of these guides.
That's funny JC, I was litterally posting suggesting that I do a speed creep guide in my dragonite analysis (the prompting for this post I am sure :P) when you made that. I'd gladly write the speed creep article now that I finally understand the reasoning behind not including it in analyses. I've been meaning to write an article soon anyway and this just happened to present itself as something that needs to be done so why not? It'll be nice to put all the stuff I've learned writing that analysis into practice in any case :P.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
With Macle's approval, I'm going to do the EV distribution article myself. I'll include a section on Speed Creep if no Speed Creep article is written, and if it is I'll link to it.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

ok

That's funny JC, I was litterally posting suggesting that I do a speed creep guide in my dragonite analysis (the prompting for this post I am sure :P) when you made that. I'd gladly write the speed creep article now that I finally understand the reasoning behind not including it in analyses. I've been meaning to write an article soon anyway and this just happened to present itself as something that needs to be done so why not? It'll be nice to put all the stuff I've learned writing that analysis into practice in any case :P.
ok

Actually coming back to say that I won't be able to get to the speed creep article for some time as the dragonite analysis cleanup is proving to be a massive project. If someone else wants to pick it up instead they should go ahead, I have no idea really how long this is going to take.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
so the speed creep thing is just going to be in the EV distribution update that jc104 is doing.

Can I write a guide to entry hazards in NU?

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
so the speed creep thing is just going to be in the EV distribution update that jc104 is doing.

Can I write a guide to entry hazards in NU?
i'd like you to talk to me before this happens; there are other things being written in that sort of context, and i need to make sure that we're putting relevant and non-repetitive information on-site

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
this was figured out a while ago, but i just figured i'd post here saying that nu entry hazards is being done in letters, between 2 of them and 2 people (me and someone else). just because i haven't done anything with it i figured i'd say.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I got approval from DittoCrow to update the RU Sunny Day Guide.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. I wanted to update the VoltTurn Guide that Harsha and I wrote awhile ago to reflect the changes BW2 brought to the VoltTurn strategy. If approved, the largest changes will be found in the following sections: VoltTurn Users to Consider, Teammates for VoltTurn, and Threats to VoltTurn, with smaller changes made for the other sections.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey. I wanted to update the VoltTurn Guide that Harsha and I wrote awhile ago to reflect the changes BW2 brought to the VoltTurn strategy. If approved, the largest changes will be found in the following sections: VoltTurn Users to Consider, Teammates for VoltTurn, and Threats to VoltTurn, with smaller changes made for the other sections.
go for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)