1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 5 Article Claims/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Articles and Letters' started by Nexus, Nov 9, 2010.

1. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Can a write a guide to hazards in BW RU?
  2. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

sure.

no.

sure.
  3. Sciztar

Sciztar

Well I already written a BW OU guide to Trick Room, but can I reserve it.
  4. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Can I write a guide to IRC channels? Specifically, I want to make a compiled and updated list of all Smogon-operated channels with brief descriptions. It would give new users a way to quickly hop into whichever community they want to join, rather than sending them on a scavenger hunt through the forums to find stickies, haha. It shouldn't be an unbearably long article, so if I get this approved, I can just type it up in a jiffy.

EDIT:

HTML:
    21:58    Nexus    you can keep the thread in articles if you want but I don't have to approve this
    21:59    Birkal    alright, I'll just get it typed up then
    21:59    Birkal    thankee!
  5. Kiyo

Kiyo

Would I be able to write an article on offensive and defensive synergy as it applies to team building?
  6. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Can me, Mr.lol, and Superpimp work on a guide to priority and entry hazards in Ubers?
  7. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

no

yes
  8. TSTEF

TSTEF

Is anyone planning on doing a UU speed tiers article?
  9. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

doesn't look like it.
  10. TSTEF

TSTEF

Could I try it out then? I think it'd be a nice resource.
  11. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

Go ahead, here's the format

Speed / Pokemon / Base Speed / Nature (+Spe, -Spe, or Neutral) / EV Investment / Boost

feel free to look at the other speed tiers for how it should be split and presented, UU likely has its own benchmarks you should be aware of for how to divide the Pokemon.
  12. TSTEF

TSTEF

Alright, Ill get to work.
  13. TSTEF

TSTEF

I've put up the thread here: UU Speed Tiers. It still needs quite a bit of work but I just wanted to let you know that its up.
  14. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor Alumnus

There are two things that I would like doing. These are adding a guide explaining Speed creep, why we don't do it in analyses, but why you as an individual player should definitely consider adding extra evs, and also updating this to remove some the unnecessary calculations, and simply to give better advice. The second guide would hopefully link to the first.

I'm happy to write either or both of these guides, given that I'm fairly competent in this area, but they would probably be done faster if someone else did at least one of them. I must stress that they really need to think logically and be mathematically competent. I don't want any of the many raging misconceptions to appear in either of these guides.
  15. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

That's funny JC, I was litterally posting suggesting that I do a speed creep guide in my dragonite analysis (the prompting for this post I am sure :P) when you made that. I'd gladly write the speed creep article now that I finally understand the reasoning behind not including it in analyses. I've been meaning to write an article soon anyway and this just happened to present itself as something that needs to be done so why not? It'll be nice to put all the stuff I've learned writing that analysis into practice in any case :P.
  16. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor Alumnus

With Macle's approval, I'm going to do the EV distribution article myself. I'll include a section on Speed Creep if no Speed Creep article is written, and if it is I'll link to it.
  17. macle

macle ribbit
    Little Cup Co-Leader

ok

ok
  18. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

Actually coming back to say that I won't be able to get to the speed creep article for some time as the dragonite analysis cleanup is proving to be a massive project. If someone else wants to pick it up instead they should go ahead, I have no idea really how long this is going to take.
  19. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'll take over speed creep if that's okay.
  20. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

so the speed creep thing is just going to be in the EV distribution update that jc104 is doing.

Can I write a guide to entry hazards in NU?
  21. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

go ahead
  22. Zebraiken

Zebraiken what's important
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus
    NU Co-Leader

i'd like you to talk to me before this happens; there are other things being written in that sort of context, and i need to make sure that we're putting relevant and non-repetitive information on-site
  23. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle

this was figured out a while ago, but i just figured i'd post here saying that nu entry hazards is being done in letters, between 2 of them and 2 people (me and someone else). just because i haven't done anything with it i figured i'd say.
  24. Yonko7

Yonko7 Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I got approval from DittoCrow to update the RU Sunny Day Guide.
  25. Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene ♪~ hold me tight and never let me go, never let me go ~♪
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Hey. I wanted to update the VoltTurn Guide that Harsha and I wrote awhile ago to reflect the changes BW2 brought to the VoltTurn strategy. If approved, the largest changes will be found in the following sections: VoltTurn Users to Consider, Teammates for VoltTurn, and Threats to VoltTurn, with smaller changes made for the other sections.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)