VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi friends, that would be me. At the time, only BW moves could be used, but if BW2 were allowed, I would probably go for a move set of Draco / Dark Pulse / Earth Power / Fire Blast or maybe Heat Wave. Also, 44 Speed is a better number. It allows you to outspeed Timid Max Speed Scarf Abomasnow.

yeah, I was gonna say your name, but always thought it was spelled,

"tylee16"

I had a feeling that I might be wrong, so I didn't mention it.

Also I have a question. Can someone tell me some good Telepathy TR users?

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Musharna, Gardevoir, and Beheeyem are the only ones(At least ones that are legal in this format). The best one would have to be Musharna though.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Musharna is by far the best, with a huge support movepool, and it has the defenses to take even super-effective hits, and set up Trick Room.

current Attack / 1.5

for two, just divide another 1.5 from the first. (or /2.25)
Not true. Each stat drop/increase is a smaller factor than the last. To be specific:
+1 -> *1.5
+2 -> *2
+3 -> *2.5
+4 -> *3

Stat decreases are the inverse.

Accuracy stat changes are different factors but the same idea.

I greedily downloaded a Kyurem-W from pokecheck a few months back as I was a mix of impatient (have only just grasped BW2 RNG) and curious about the power of its Draco meteor. I have only just learnt that this is a stupid thing to do and can potentially screw your game up if you attempt to unfuse by giving you a bad egg, it takes up space and can't be released etc... Very sad.

I still haven't RNG'd the ingame one so do not have the DNA splicers, so cannot unfuse to make the bad egg.

Basically, I want to know if I am right in thinking that I should delete this current save file, as I am going to Birmingham VGC and don't want this Dirty Kyurem within my boxes getting me turned away for all the hard work I've been doing breeding. I have no other way to get rid of it and do not want to use action replay.

I greedily downloaded a Kyurem-W from pokecheck a few months back as I was a mix of impatient (have only just grasped BW2 RNG) and curious about the power of its Draco meteor. I have only just learnt that this is a stupid thing to do and can potentially screw your game up if you attempt to unfuse by giving you a bad egg, it takes up space and can't be released etc... Very sad.

I still haven't RNG'd the ingame one so do not have the DNA splicers, so cannot unfuse to make the bad egg.

Basically, I want to know if I am right in thinking that I should delete this current save file, as I am going to Birmingham VGC and don't want this Dirty Kyurem within my boxes getting me turned away for all the hard work I've been doing breeding. I have no other way to get rid of it and do not want to use action replay.
Well, I am fairly certain that hacked pokemon are allowed to be in your boxes, just not used. Might want a second opinion on that though.

Well, I am fairly certain that hacked pokemon are allowed to be in your boxes, just not used. Might want a second opinion on that though.
Yeah, I know a lot of people (myself included) who've had hack checks with hacked things in their PC (shiny Magikarp with explosion, anyone?) and passed them. A lot of people prefer to be absolutely safe though; they can always change the hack checker, and if you're at all serious it probably isn't worth the risk.

I am quite serious, that's the thing! I've been told this information by a few people now, but I will probably will restart soonish when I find some as I'd cry if I got DQ'd after spending multiple cashmonies and time training/thinking.

Lol and that Magikarp is just the bees knees man.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Pretty much anything that spams EQ/Discharge/Surf/other spread move. Musharna can also provide Helping Hand support, which is nice. I was using a Rhyperior + Musharna for a while, with Rhyperior protecting on the first turn, and Musharna setting up TR, then spam HH boosted EQs and Rock Slides.

Something fun with Musharna is Gravity + Hypnosis. Although this prevents Helping Hand boosts, it brings Gravity, making high-power low-accuracy moves to hit now, so no more Rock Slide misses, no more Megahorn misses, no more Hydro Pump misses, so Rhyperior, Escavalier, and Hypnosis Hydro Pump Politoed works with Gravity Musharna. Especially Rhyperior since it can now spam EQ without hitting Musharna while hitting their Cress or Thundurus.

Hello guys!
I've been wondering how does the resistant berries work in the case of a critical hit.
Since crit bypass any drops in attack and boost in defense, will the crit also bypass the berry effect?

Hey sorry if this question is too broad, can some one give me a TL;DR of the current meta? I've been out of the game for about a year, year and a half. What's are the current most popular team comps? What pokemon are "flavor of the month?"

Thanks!

Hey sorry if this question is too broad, can some one give me a TL;DR of the current meta? I've been out of the game for about a year, year and a half. What's are the current most popular team comps? What pokemon are "flavor of the month?"

Thanks!
Rain teams are very popular.
the main threats are generally terrakion, and the genies (landorous thundurous, tornadous). Hail is incresingly popular. Goodstuff is popular as well. sandstorm is popular
EDIT: Oops, forgot to say rotom formes are popular; especially washing machine rotom (rotom w)

Thanks!
Polidra
Therian formes
Tornadus
Latios/latias
random trick room stuff

Thanks!
omg the previous two posters talking about the metagame haven't mentioned one thing: CRESSELIA!
but anyway, here are things you want counters to:
Cress
Metagross
Rain teams
Sand
Thundurus (-T)
Hitmontop
Landorus-T
Intimidate Scrafty
Rotom-W
Hydreigon
Latios
Salamence
SD Scizor
Gastrodon
*probably forgot some, will edit in later*

omg the previous two posters talking about the metagame haven't mentioned one thing: CRESSELIA!
but anyway, here are things you want counters to:
Cress
Rain teams
Sand
Thundurus (-T)
Landorus-T
Latios
*probably forgot some, will edit in later*
fixed it for u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)