Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today, I had a battle with a few NPC in the Battle Maison. THings were going decently well until they sent out a Shuckle and it used Sand Tomb. After Sand Tomb hit, every attacking move gave the "But it Failed!" message. I ended up losing the battle because of this. Is there some feature of Sand Tomb that I missed? Have Gen 1 Wrap mechanics returned?

Here is the battle recording: 4PFW-WWWW-WWW4-9V56

Sand Tomb trouble starts at turn 9.

Feel really noob asking this but:

How does one effectively breed a Roserade and Azumarill with 5 IVs? I see on Serebii it says in order to get Azurill and Budew I have to breed while holding Incense which means I'll only have a Everstone or a Destiny Knot in the other slot.

How does one effectively breed a Roserade and Azumarill with 5 IVs? I see on Serebii it says in order to get Azurill and Budew I have to breed while holding Incense which means I'll only have a Everstone or a Destiny Knot in the other slot.
That's only if you want an Azurill or Budew. If neither parent is holding that item, their offspring will simply be Marill and Roselia respectively.

Also, if you're trying to breed them from scratch or don't have good parents, you can catch Budew and Azurill in the wild. They'll have the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs.

Oh thank god. This is the first game I've actually done breeding and so far the only pokemon I've done with a baby form was a Cleffa.

That's a load off.

So, I've just recently started picking up on a few additional battle mechanics. I want to run Crobat, and with 0 HP investment at Level 50, it reaches 160 HP, which is a Leftovers number, I believe. However, it is tempting to run some HP investment, but the next possible Leftovers number would be 176 HP with 124 HP investment, but I believe it still takes maximum damage from Stealth Rock since it is divisible by 4. Would it be better to gain a Leftovers number, or take minimal damage from Stealth Rock, and does a Leftovers and Stealth Rock number exist?

Also, posted this in the wrong thread at first, pardon me.
You could run a Leftover number + 1 (e.i. 161,177) so you get extra lefty recovery and switch into stealth rock 4 times (5 times with lefty) without fainting (as long as you don't get hit with an attack/recoil from brave bird)

I am thinking about using Zygarde, what are counters to this set and good partners/teammates?:

Zygarde @ Yache Berry
Adamant? Nature
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense
- Coil
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

At first glance thought, Togekiss (may tank a SE), Bronzong, Skarmory, and I guess Flygon could wall this set, so I would think Heatran (with assault vest?), Scizor, and maybe Mega-Mawile could be possible partners... just something to get you started.

So, I've just recently started picking up on a few additional battle mechanics. I want to run Crobat, and with 0 HP investment at Level 50, it reaches 160 HP, which is a Leftovers number, I believe. However, it is tempting to run some HP investment, but the next possible Leftovers number would be 176 HP with 124 HP investment, but I believe it still takes maximum damage from Stealth Rock since it is divisible by 4. Would it be better to gain a Leftovers number, or take minimal damage from Stealth Rock, and does a Leftovers and Stealth Rock number exist?

Also, posted this in the wrong thread at first, pardon me.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/crobat-qc-0-3.3495329/

You could run a Leftover number + 1 (e.i. 161,177) so you get extra lefty recovery and switch into stealth rock 4 times (5 times with lefty) without fainting (as long as you don't get hit with an attack/recoil from brave bird)

I am thinking about using Zygarde, what are counters to this set and good partners/teammates?:

Zygarde @ Yache Berry
Adamant? Nature
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense
- Coil
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

At first glance thought, Togekiss (may tank a SE), Bronzong, Skarmory, and I guess Flygon could wall this set, so I would think Heatran (with assault vest?), Scizor, and maybe Mega-Mawile could be possible partners... just something to get you started.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/zygarde.3496852/

I dunno if this has already been asked or not, but I am NOT searching through 130+ pages to find out. If it has, feel free to point me to the answer and delete this post. Here goes. Is there a way to search a certain forum by tags or whatever they are called? Like a thread about a Pokemon has the tag (or whatever it's called) "Pokemon" and one about a move would have the "tag" "Move" etc. Is there a way to search on those in a certain forum, or organize by, or filter by? At least, on the ones that have that. I've been wondering about that.

I dunno if this has already been asked or not, but I am NOT searching through 130+ pages to find out. If it has, feel free to point me to the answer and delete this post. Here goes. Is there a way to search a certain forum by tags or whatever they are called? Like a thread about a Pokemon has the tag (or whatever it's called) "Pokemon" and one about a move would have the "tag" "Move" etc. Is there a way to search on those in a certain forum, or organize by, or filter by?
Click on the tag.

What are the checks and counters for Mega Luke? Please list them separately (e.g list the common counters for Luke, then all his counters) Thanks in advance :)

What are the checks and counters for Mega Luke? Please list them separately (e.g list the common counters for Luke, then all his counters) Thanks in advance :)
There are zero counters to Mega Lucario. However, it has checks, and there are plenty of ways to play around it. You simply have to tell if it is physical or special in certain cases, which is, admittedly, easier said than done.

Can check any variant:
-CB Talonflame
-Physically defensive Zapdos
-Physically defensive Moltres
-Choice Scarf Genesect
-Choice Scarf Keldeo
-Focus Sash Alakazam (checks everything lol)

Can check only Swords Dance:
-Physically defensive Mega Venusaur with Earthquake or HP Fire.
-Gliscor and Landorus-T IF no Ice Punch.
-Aegislash IF no Crunch.

Can check only Nasty Plot:
-Noivern.
-Any faster mon that can OHKO, or any priority that can OHKO, IF no Vacuum Wave.
-Aegislash IF no Dark Pulse.

Of course, beating a Mega Lucario is easier said than done. Klefki can cripple it with Thunder Wave and Dual Screens, and whatever teammate that comes in to revenge kill for it will have an easy time. Burning it will decrease its longevity at worst and completely cripple the Swords Dance set at best. You also have to scout for which set and which coverage moves, which can lose you a mon or two potentially.

Aegislash is pretty much as close as you can get to a counter for MegaLuke. Even +2 Crunch/Dark Pulse doesn't KO a healthy Aegislash while it can KO back with Sacred Sword + Shadow Sneak. Alternatively, Mega Venusaur can tank any hit even at +2, put it to sleep and 2HKO with EQ/HP Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)